Question about user accounts/cookies - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 07-22-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default Question about user accounts/cookies

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay...r-cookies.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by GemmaHatesEbay View Post
Nowww all I am confused about is cookies! I've gone through ALOT of effort and don't want them to mess me up.
by simply making a new user account on my PC will using the net under that automatically clear cookies or do I have to use a cookie clearer aswell as use a new user account?
I have one computer, and currently have only one user acct on my pc (have never had any need to create another one til now). So this sole User A has been on their EB/PP acct all the time with no doubt every tracking cookie/beacon/etc you can think of being constantly loaded/tracked daily.
Note: my selling has been suspended for this EB acct used on User A, but buying totally fine: I still use this ebay account regularly for buying.

I will be starting a new User B acct on computer for my new stealth selling acct (in line with all other stealth guidelines etc). I understand new user accounts keep everything seperate so no worries there as long as IP address also different, but should we be cleaning anything off/doing anything to our computer BEFORE we start this new user acccount? I will still be regularly using User A to buy on ebay, and new User B to sell on ebay, on the same one computer: should anything be done to/removed from this computer BEFORE I start the new User B profile?

Please advise me
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-22-2011

Longevity: 80%

Your asking questions that are covered all over the forum (And google as well)

Your not going to be spoon fed on every single subject.

Read, Read, and read again. If your still not sure, read again. It's all here.
Old 07-22-2011

Longevity: 78%

A new user account is basically like using a new computer. But be careful if you wish to use anything like a listing program, as they do transfer across browsers.

If you have had turbo Lister on your computer I would make sure I removed every trace of it, as I have heard a lot of people complain about that program doing more than just listing. If you do remove it CCleaner has a registry cleaner, as I have no idea what Turbo lister stores in your registry.
Old 07-22-2011
Threadstarter  

I have my friend, believe me I have: was wondering why my eyes are blurring over the past few days and one look in the mirror shows it's from the repeated hours of computer strain reading through countless threads on this very site, making them red! I thought my post was pretty good: I totally 'get' everything about the new user acct, as stated. But, with my forte not being in technology, I am simply wondering if anything should be done to this one single computer, in regards to current and planned ongoing user of User A acct, BEFORE jumping straight in and creating User B. Better to be safe than sorry, coming back here days later with a sob story "I didn't know I should have done x, y and z first...".
Old 07-22-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by isitworththestress View Post
A new user account is basically like using a new computer. But be careful if you wish to use anything like a listing program, as they do transfer across browsers..
Thanks- that first line was the key. Technology is not my forte. I have never used turbo lister, and as far as I'm aware I've never used or will wish to use a listing program (I'm assuming these are things you actively sign up to, as opposed to being the norm) as I'm just the basic type of ebayer following their basic listing ways on screen.
Old 07-22-2011

You dont need to do anything except make sure you change ip when you change users.

Nothing needs to bel cleared/deleted - nice and easy
Old 07-23-2011
Threadstarter  

Thanks, aware of the IP change. But in regards to the first response I got in this thread(!), the likes of this link is exactly my reason for asking if I should do anything BEFORE creating a new user acct on my computer: http://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-...ts-linked.html
So for any doubters, be assured I do read and read and read before posting.

I'm not sure if there'd be any point in clearing cookies from user A anyway though? As I'll still be regularly logging into user A real acct to buy from ebay (new user B will be stealth, to sell), so even if I were to clear the cookies/traces from User A before creating the User B acct, I imagine there'd be no point as within hours of logging back into my real eb acct on user A, all cookies/tracking/etc would be "re-loaded" onto there straight away...
Old 07-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Again, don`t worry about the cookies if you are using New user account =) Cookies are held within the user account so like isitworththestress said...

All the best.
Old 07-23-2011

Longevity: 75%

I never clear cookies - it makes Ebay and PayPal feel all warm and cuddly - it assures them that I am their bestest friend. Currently running 10 user accounts - 9 business, 1 home/personal

Old 07-23-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post
I never clear cookies - it makes Ebay and PayPal feel all warm and cuddly - it assures them that I am their bestest friend.
Now I feel all warm and cuddly too!
Totally reassured by both your posts (and hope you can understand my reasoning for asking, esp in addition to the curveball regarding the other forum link included) so many thanks. Getting there, getting there, shouldn't be long now before I go for it!
Old 07-23-2011

Longevity: 75%

Just remember - change IP every time you change user account

The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
diamonda (07-23-2011)