"Please provide your tax ID number" - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 11-08-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaystinks1784 View Post
So, If I am reading this correctly ebay will collect 30% from me even if my paypal is under $20K. I pay my taxes but if paypal does that I will end up paying taxes twice and I cannot get an EIN because its a stealth account.
as slap stated , only people that went over 20,000 and not provide ein/ssn will paypal give 1/3 to irs.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickJane View Post
slapped, I'd love to read a source on that claim.
Are you For REAL?,,,Are you Really that Dumb?,,,Source,,,You mean to tell me that you can't figure out where to go to get the Facts?,,,Really?,,,and on another Now Closed thread you talk about how you pay your Taxes on Money you Earn on a Friends account and try to convince People here that what you are doing is Not ileagal?,,,Like as if you Really Knew what you were Talking about,,,But we BOTH know that you have NO Clue,,,and you call youself "Slick",,then you come here and try to call me out on My Info?,,,Did you Lose your Mind?,,,

Now Im gonna Spoon Feed you,,,Here is your SOUCE,,,Open Wide:

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1099msc.pdf

That is Form 1099 for 2011,,,Do Not Read the 2010 1099 where None of this is Mentioned and then come back here and say A Ha

Do EVERYONE here a Favor and Restrict yourself to Only READING POSTS, Not writing them,,

Users like you are DANGEROUS,,,You Post such Utter Bull$%it Like as if were indeed Facts,,,,the ONLY thing that can accomplish it to HURT Others.

It is People Like you that post Things Like that Thread of yours that I mentioned above,,where other innocent Less experienced users here might Believe and Wind up getting in a Whole lot of Trouble,,,and for what,,,Because the Listened to a Moron like you,,,

Last edited by slapped; 11-08-2011 at 11:19 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
KingRay (11-12-2011)
Old 11-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickJane View Post
slapped, I'd love to read a source on that claim.
Find out from your TAX PROFESSIONAL and do your OWN HARD WORK to sort taxes out. It's not for the forum to be giving the handout. LOL
Old 11-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Lets be 100 percent accurate here its just not 20k it's 20k AND 200 transactions

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 11-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscutter View Post
Lets be 100 percent accurate here its just not 20k it's 20k AND 200 transactions

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

NO,,,,,,,,,,,it's 20k OR 200 transactions,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whichever comes first,,,,,Guaranteed!!!!

Just use the Link I Provided to Slickjane above to the IRS Website form 1099 for 2011 and READ you will see A LOT,,,Believe Me,,,

Contrary to Popular Belief Reading Will NOT cause Genetal Paralisis or ANY other Sickness,,

the ONLY Known Side effect to Reading is an Occasional case of KNOWLEDGE,,,, but there is STRONG Evidence connecting this Condition to the Material that you Read,,,,So Be careful of what you read or you MAY wind up with a case of Knowledge

Last edited by slapped; 11-14-2011 at 11:32 PM.
Old 11-15-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
NO,,,,,,,,,,,it's 20k OR 200 transactions,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whichever comes first,,,,,Guaranteed!!!!
That's not true. I've made way over 200 sales on two different accounts and both are still working fine and have been for some 3 months. Says I have to provice tax ID number when I log in though but not limited in any way.
Old 11-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Everything I can find pertaining to it says both too. I dont care though.

I still think that they will be reporting anything you make if you upgrade to business accounts. We can only see when it happens though. They dont have to but if you say you are a business then they should file them. Not saying I would want them all to but think they will.
Old 11-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidar View Post
That's not true. I've made way over 200 sales on two different accounts and both are still working fine and have been for some 3 months. Says I have to provice tax ID number when I log in though but not limited in any way.
Of Course it is True,,,Why is paypal asking you for a tax ID then? At some Point if you do Not Provide the Tax ID they Will Limit you,,,Do NOT Think for 1 Second that When Paypal asks you for something like a Tax ID Number that they Won't limit your account if you do not provide it.
Old 11-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

More naffin' myths to lead users astray.
FROM PAYPAL ITSELF....read it and pay attention
tbf, it's a fraction more complicated than was imagined.

Applies to sellers receiving over $20,000 in gross payment volume AND over 200 payments
Applies only for sales on or after January 1, 2011

part of the requirements.

Read the rest. If you have been using paypal, you should have already got this notice.

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/ma...ng_us/IRS6050W
Old 11-15-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
Of Course it is True,,,Why is paypal asking you for a tax ID then? At some Point if you do Not Provide the Tax ID they Will Limit you,,,Do NOT Think for 1 Second that When Paypal asks you for something like a Tax ID Number that they Won't limit your account if you do not provide it.
"At some Point" YES, but not after hitting 2k OR 200 transactions as you say. It's 2k AND 200 transactions

"We'll use your tax ID number to send tax Form 1099-K to you and the IRS
when the payments you receive exceed both of these milestones in a calendar
year:
- $20,000 in gross payment volume for goods and services
- 200 payments"
Old 11-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

What Everyone here is NOT Understanding about the Requirement is that the Law, and even Paypal are be Saying one thing but PAYPAL is actually doing another,,,

ALL over this forum there are Users Reporting that Paypal is Asking for Tax Numbers LONG Before the 20K, 200 Transactions threshold is even approached,,,There are even a Few who have Gone Beyond the 20, 200, but Im SURE that thats an Oversight on Paypals Part,,,

The Bottom Line is CLEAR,,In Order to make a Successful Stealth paypal account you MUST be Ready to deal with this Issue, almost immediatly upon begining to recieve money in your account,,
Old 11-15-2011
Threadstarter  

Yes, they are ASKING for it, but they are not limiting accounts just after hitting 200 sales

Sent from my MK16i using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2011
Executive [VIP]

Stop arguing the point.

NOW to make your plight worse, ebay is preventing users from listing if a TAX ID is not supplied. Pay attention to the post by jarmiz with a screen shot.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...ty-number.html

You need to be making arrangements soon. Your account is going to be compromised if you do not.

Obviously if you are using ebay.com & paypal.com, that's a requirement.
Old 11-17-2011
Executive [VIP]

YES, They ARE Limiting accounts,,,LONG Before ANY 20k, 200 Theshold is even Approached, the Forum is FULL of these types of Posts,,,

Im Sorry,,I Know what you want to Hear,,,you want to hear that as long you do NOT surpas 10,000 in sales in a Year that Paypal will NOT Limit your accout or something like that,,,,We would ALL Like to hear that,,,But is Simply NOT True,,,it is WISHFUL Thinking,,,this Forum is PACKED with users having this VERY Problem on Virtually NEW Accounts,,

Nowadays when you create a Stealth account you MUST be prepared to deal with this Tax ID Issue,,I KNOW that you do NOT want to hear it and the Truth is that NO ONE Does,,,

Good Luck
Old 11-17-2011
Threadstarter  

Yes, they are limiting accounts, but is the reason that the account holder hasn't provided ssn when pp ask for it in this context?

Old 11-17-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidar View Post
Yes, they are limiting accounts, but is the reason that the account holder hasn't provided ssn when pp ask for it in this context?

ABSOLUTLY,,,,,How may times do you think Paypal is going to ask you for something like a Tax ID Number, or ANYTHING for that matter before they Limit your account for Not Giving them the Information they Require?,,,

Paypal will give you SOME Slack, but if you do Not provide the information they will Limit the account,,,There are NUMEROUS Users here that have been limited for this EXACT Reason, do not kid Yourself,,
Old 11-18-2011

Longevity: 92%

Get ready for this guys. Its on...Just got this on one of my accounts. Paypal is not even limited but ebay took down all the listings on that account.

eBay has removed your active listings and blocked your account until you've provided your tax ID number to PayPal. Federal law now requires you to supply a tax ID number to processors of online payment transactions.

Once you've added your tax ID number to your PayPal account, please allow 24 to 48 hours for the block on your eBay account to be removed. You'll then be able to relist your items and continue selling on eBay.

For more information about providing your tax ID number, go to:
http://www.paypal.com/irs

To learn how to relist your items, go to:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/relist.html

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.
Old 11-18-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarca18 View Post
Get ready for this guys. Its on...Just got this on one of my accounts. Paypal is not even limited but ebay took down all the listings on that account.
Yep, I listed the URL in this very thread a few posts up.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...ty-number.html

Pay attention to the post by jarmiz with a screen shot.

reports now coming in of MORE ebay accounts being so restricted.

Battle stations
Old 11-18-2011

Longevity: 92%

The worst part is I tried to clarify what "blocked" meant and a rep in the premier power seller support center (customer support for the guys well over 50k a month in sales) said blocked only meant I would be blocked from listing brand new products or revising. Good till Canceled would be fine...Think I'm going to send that guy a nice email demanding I get something back for this misinformation not to mention losing my search standings and any other organic links from search engines for my products..