Good credit card with a 665 fico score - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 08-20-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Send a message via ICQ to xdirc Send a message via AIM to xdirc Send a message via MSN to xdirc Send a message via Yahoo to xdirc
Default Good credit card with a 665 fico score

I wasnt sure if this should go in the credit card alternatives section, because im NOT looking for an alternative.

I want to know if anyone knows of any good credit cards I can get with a 665 credit score. Hopefully atleast a $500 credit limit. If you know any, please tell me, also if you have experience with them, please give me some feedback.

This can either be expressed in the thread, but/or PM's are welcome.

Thanks..
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-20-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

665 qualifies for for many cards, if you were able to get to 700 it opens a ton of new cards for you.

If you have no negatives on your report go with a very good credit union. Or look for a rewards card.

500.00 line should not be a problem with a 665.

Something else to remember, 665 on what credit report? Most all cards use a certain credit report.

Was this on Equifax, Experian or TransUnion?

Something to remember when applying for a card. Pull all three credit reports and use the credit report that has the highest score to apply to that certain creditor.

For instance, Chase may only pull Equifax, if you score is lower then look for another card. Many credit unions only pull TransUnion, if your TU score is higher then look for CU or cards that only pull that particular report.

Orchard/Household has an auto check website, ( they wont pull a credit report hard inquiry, they do a soft check to see which card you qualify for ) Sure they might charge a small fee to get you started but once you get to 700 with a boost of more credit you can then move on up to the cards that have no fees and better rewards.

Also, inquiries hurt your score by an average of 8-10 points so be picky on which card(s) you go for.

Do you belong to a credit union? Usually they are the best ones to go for.
Old 08-20-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 75%
Send a message via ICQ to xdirc Send a message via AIM to xdirc Send a message via MSN to xdirc Send a message via Yahoo to xdirc

My 665 is my overall score. I am a LifeLock member, and I get my updated credit score. So that is the overall.

I am not a member at a credit union. My only credit card is First Premier Bank, which is strictly a credit card.

I dont think I have any negatives. I know right now its hard for me to open a bank account. Because of Chase. Chase kinda ****ed me cause of charges and **** that I didnt authorize and stuff that I had no idea were there. But I got screwed and never paid.

Also, I dont think 700 would take me long to get to. I went up 92 points from last month. But.. Right now Id like to get another credit card. But i'll hate to apply for a credit card, get denied, and my score goes down. Because everytime you apply for credit, it brings your credit score down. I dropped alot of points because everytime I went to WalMart, they always asked if you want to apply for a Walmart credit card. I figured if i say yes everytime, eventually they'll give it to me. They never did and it caused me to drop nearly 30 points in a span of a month.

Last edited by xdirc; 08-20-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Old 08-20-2011
Banned

First of all if someone denies you do not apply again for a long time.

Second, FP is a very non prime card.

Your score cannot be boosted 92 points with just one single card.

Wondering if you got the fako scores, meaning a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ score coming from a third party. Did Lifelock tell you it was directly from one of the 3 majors?

Try Orchard or Household, they have the pre approval website and it does not cost you an inquiry.

Also look into the info I sent you, do not apply for anything unless you know 90% or more you can get it. It is a total waste of your scores to apply and not be certain what each and every cc wants.

I would pay Chase if you can and get out of Chex and if it is showing on your report have them agree to remove it if you pay them off.
Old 08-20-2011

Longevity: 80%

It goes apply for a bunch of cards at once. So if you are declined you credit will be affected but after 6 months all the inquiries will go away.
Old 08-20-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
It goes apply for a bunch of cards at once. So if you are declined you credit will be affected but after 6 months all the inquiries will go away.
Not a good move.

If card no 4 sees you have applied for 3 cards ahead of them you will be turned down because they see a trend of trying to get too much credit.

Building credit and raising scores is a strategic thing, every move calculated etc.

I have seen people go from 400 FICO scores to over 800 in a year by using their brains and knowing how to do it, and applying like crazy is not the answer.

The inq do not go away. They stay on the report for 2 years. As time goes by they are less on your scores but they stay on your report for 2 years. If anyone does a manual review of your report they will see them all.
Old 08-21-2011
MU

Longevity: 81%

Try capital one. I got one from them, but only got a 300 dollar credit limit.