AliExpress seller scammed $500 out of me, Please help!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 12-07-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
Default AliExpress seller scammed $500 out of me, Please help!!!

hi,

anyone would like to offer any advise or suggestions?? Thanks!!!

I placed two orders from the same seller. Order A is $300 and order B is $140. Before I made my purchase, I chatted with the seller for an hour and also looked at his feedback - some negative feedbacks because the items are not authentic. However, I know nothing is authentic from Aliexpress so these negative feedbacks didn't affect my purchase decision.

Then I placed the order. The seller had 10 days to ship my orders - I raised my flag after I saw this because most sellers take like 3-5 days to prepare the orders. However, I just thought maybe my orders are large so he would need more additional time. The weirdest thing is that the seller provided the tracking number at the last minute before the orders got cancelled due to late shipment. So I got the tracking number. seller promised me to ship the orders in 3 parcels and also by EMS. Instead, he only shipped them in 1 shipment and the tracking number is very different from regular EMS tracking numbers. As you probably know, EMS tracking number usually starts with EE and ends with CN. However, the tracking number I got from him starts with YW and ends with CN.

Then I raised another flag. Also, he provided this tracking number for my 2 orders. But I couldn't open a dispute with Aliexpress at this moment yet as the tracking number might be updated after 5 days of shipment. After 5 days, I realized the tracking number is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ because EMS said invalid tracking number. It's ⊗⊗⊗⊗ because I already got packages from other sellers who shipped my other orders out at the same time as this seller did. Then few days after shipment, the seller contacted me that he wants me to pay $50 more in order to send $140 order out because he mispriced the items. I was so shock because he provided me the tracking number but now he's telling me he didn't ship them out! I immediately opened a dispute and after few hours, he rejected my refund request because he said he already shipped out my packages.

I am so angry right now! He told me that he didn't ship out the package and now he lies that he shipped the packages. I also looked at this feedbacks again and 1 buyer also said neve received anything from this seller.

I can escalate this dispute as a claim to aliexpress in 2 days. Have anyone opened a claim with Aliexpress before??? Do they act like eBay/Amazon that buyers are 100% money back guaranteed? Should I call my credit card company to dispute the payments? I am not sure if I should call my cc company after I escalate the dispute to Aliexpress and to see how they can do for me?

Any suggestions??? I don't know what to do now. This is a lot of money to me
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

I've opened a dispute in the past with Aliexpress...my experience hasn't been so nice with them, but I'm sure it'll be different in your case. I purchased an item, and it was damaged upon arrival. Aliexpress told me to work it out between me and the vendor, they wouldn't make a decision until I 'mutually' agreed with his unfair terms (only wanted to refund me 30% the value of the item). Since I paid via credit card, I opened a dispute, provided return tracking number, and got an instant refund by my credit card company. No questions asked.

Your case seems pretty favorable, since the seller has a)bad feedback b)provided ⊗⊗⊗⊗ tracking number c)wants additional money. Escalate the claim and see what happens. I'm sure they will decide in your favor, since it's quite obvious the seller is a scammer. Next time, purchase from a reputable seller, and make sure to thoroughly check there feedback. Always pay by credit card....

”I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.”
Winston Churchill

“If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
Winston Churchill
The Following User Says Thank You to Burning For This Useful Post:
sii1123 (12-07-2011)
Old 12-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I should think that as long as you paid through AliExpress, you will be fine.

Open a claim with them first, as soon as you can. Explain, SHORT AND SWEET that the item was never received, that the tracking number is not valid, that the seller contacted you after the item was supposedly shipped wanting more money, etc. I don't think that AliExpress will give you a problem.

If they DO give you a problem, then file for a chargeback with your credit card company. But only do this AFTER trying to get the refund from AliExpress.

I don't think the seller in this case is a scammer, he seems like more of an idiot who does not know what he is doing. He probably priced the items too low, but that is HIS problem, not yours.

Last edited by jeffweico; 12-07-2011 at 10:53 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
sii1123 (12-07-2011)
Old 12-07-2011
Threadstarter  

Hi Burning,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I will see what they do for me or I will file a dispute with my credit card company. I am actually dealing with another dispute from a different seller. So this time, I ordered 60 pcs of makeup products for a total of $120. However, the seller only sent me 2 other makeup prodoucts and he already admitted that he mixed up my order with another order. He's willing to re-ship my order (minus the total cost of the 2 items I received).

However, I don't feel comfortable to accept his counteroffer because I can't open another dispute if he doesnt ship me the items...I am negotiating a partial refund (full refund - the cost of that 2 items I received) and still waiting to hear back from him. I have a feeling that the seller only wants to send me items but not to refund me.

If we don't agree on the terms and I open dispute with my CC company, do you think my CC company will refund me? Or do you think they will request me to ship the 2 items back? I have to say that it's SO expensive to ship internationally with tracking number...comments?? Thanks!!!
Old 12-07-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
I should think that as long as you paid through AliExpress, you will be fine.

Open a claim with them first, as soon as you can. Explain, SHORT AND SWEET that the item was never received, that the tracking number is not valid, that the seller contacted you after the item was supposedly shipped wanting more money, etc. I don't think that AliExpress will give you a problem.

If they DO give you a problem, then file for a chargeback with your credit card company. But only do this AFTER trying to get the refund from AliExpress.

I don't think the seller in this case is a scammer, he seems like more of an idiot who does not know what he is doing. He probably priced the items too low, but that is HIS problem, not yours.
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the comments. I think he's trying to scam me. I placed two orders from him and he obviously didn't ship out any of my orders and just provided me a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ tracking number. The worst thing is that he rejected my refund request and said he shipped all my items out. What a big liar...I will wait for AliExpress...or at least I used CC to pay for my order so my bank will be my last resort.
Old 12-08-2011

Longevity: 80%

This is the reason why I try to get suppliers way before xmas time as this time of year scammer come looking for desperate buyers.

You shouldnt have any problems getting a refund from your first case but the second one might be a little harder.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gamefreak For This Useful Post:
sii1123 (12-08-2011)
Old 12-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

One last thought...

You need to find a RELIABLE supplier. I have bought goods in all sorts of categories from China and have had both good and bad experiences.

Even when you receive your items, the quality is sometimes very poor. Some sellers are slow to ship and others are scam artists.

I learned really quickly that the lowest price is not necessarily the best deal. Look for a supplier that has been around for awhile AND that has good feedback. READ the feedback and pay special attention to what people are saying about shipping times and - MOST IMPORTANTLY - QUALITY.

In business, you always want to pay as little as possible for inventory, but a low price does not help if the quality of the merchandise makes it unsalable. THIS is the scenario where you will lose money, because AliExpress will view it as a difference of opinion and may decline to issue a refund unless you return the merchandise. As you can guess, shipping it back to China is both inconvenient AND extremely expensive. So returning merchandise is rarely worthwhile.

Or, as my Grandmother used to say "Sometimes cheap costs you dearly".

Last edited by jeffweico; 12-08-2011 at 01:29 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
GTB (12-14-2011), sii1123 (12-08-2011)
Old 12-08-2011

Longevity: 86%

if u didnt get item u will get refund as they need tracking num

if u got item and didnt return it with tracking u wont get refund
The Following User Says Thank You to dburnside For This Useful Post:
sii1123 (12-08-2011)
Old 12-08-2011

Longevity: 74%

Okay,correct me if I'm wrong.

Dh and Ali sellers will not receive their money unless the tracking shows delivered.
I know this as I had to go back to the po yesterday to rescan my box as they never did and the tracking showed attempted delivery and my supplier said he will only get the money three months later if it doesnt show delivered.

Ali will automatically email you to confirm the items if the tracking shows delivered usually the same day. So them giving you a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ tracking will do nothing for them as they dont get a penny.
Again if anyone kows better please chime in.
YW is Yanwen Express and I wish it would be more standard as now.
£º£º£º£ºYANWEN £º£º£º£º<--Tracking.
The Following User Says Thank You to boszika For This Useful Post:
sii1123 (12-08-2011)
Old 12-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sii1123 View Post
at least I used CC to pay for my order so my bank will be my last resort.
Thats good. I wont buy anything from a seller I have not done biz with without CC backup. If Ali wont help your credit co has your back. You have 6 months so no panic. I wouldn't wait 6 months, but no worries. One phone call to card company and you are fine

I have had a couple Ali deals go south and getting money back by them was pretty easy. But you are safe with CC
The Following User Says Thank You to pod For This Useful Post:
sii1123 (12-08-2011)
Old 12-08-2011

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by boszika View Post

Dh and Ali sellers will not receive their money unless the tracking shows delivered. I know this as I had to go back to the po yesterday to rescan my box as they never did and the tracking showed attempted delivery and my supplier said he will only get the money three months later if it doesnt show delivered. Ali will automatically email you to confirm the items if the tracking shows delivered usually the same day. So them giving you a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ tracking will do nothing for them as they dont get a penny.
on dhgate if you click "complete order" the funds are released to the seller. i dont know what happens if you dont do that
sii1123 (12-08-2011)
Old 12-08-2011

Longevity: 74%

@seansw30-If you dont click the seller needs to wait a couple of months to receive the money.
The Following User Says Thank You to boszika For This Useful Post:
sii1123 (12-08-2011)
Old 12-08-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by boszika View Post

Dh and Ali sellers will not receive their money unless the tracking shows delivered. I know this as I had to go back to the po yesterday to rescan my box as they never did and the tracking showed attempted delivery and my supplier said he will only get the money three months later if it doesnt show delivered. Ali will automatically email you to confirm the items if the tracking shows delivered usually the same day. So them giving you a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ tracking will do nothing for them as they dont get a penny.
I just tracked in yw site and it said 'no trace' and no information for the tracking number. I just called my cc company and hope I can get my money back soon.
Old 12-14-2011

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Look for a supplier that has been around for awhile AND that has good feedback. READ the feedback and pay special attention to what people are saying about shipping times and - MOST IMPORTANTLY - QUALITY.
Have to be able to weed through the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ positive comments as well. Not to stereotype, but you can tell if the person typing the feedback is Chinese or not by the wording. Lots of times these guys load their feedback up with their own BS to gain positive ratings. I usually go right to the negative comments and sort through them first. Then I fire off a series of questions via email or live chat. There's a thread dedicated to this in this forum even.
The Following User Says Thank You to slappzilla For This Useful Post:
GreenGhost (12-14-2011)
Old 12-14-2011

Longevity: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappzilla View Post
Have to be able to weed through the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ positive comments as well. Not to stereotype, but you can tell if the person typing the feedback is Chinese or not by the wording. Lots of times these guys load their feedback up with their own BS to gain positive ratings. I usually go right to the negative comments and sort through them first. Then I fire off a series of questions via email or live chat. There's a thread dedicated to this in this forum even.
Agreed I read through the neutral's first and then the negative comments like this -->
Old 12-28-2012
Banned

Longevity: 66%

I had this problem years ago with alibaba. Just email them saying you got a friend who works at the embassy in the country you are in, and told them to deal business with their country it's how you found them. Then if you can chat with them use google translator and write in their own language and scare the CRAP out of them with police and law. I did this with china 5 yrs ago and those guys got sooo scared shipped out my products cause they were afraid of law. And I wrote to them in their own language saying that "$200 is nothing, we normally don't do much but since this is someone we know we will make it our mission to get you and find you and do something about it!" Those guys I bough from were scared ****less!

And don't be scared, if those guys can scam you, then there are no rules! SCARE THEM EVEN MORE! Deal with India if you want, they got a special business number you can check online to see if they are real or not. China is a waste!
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostWhoWalks For This Useful Post:
Packattack12 (12-30-2012)
Old 12-28-2012

Longevity: 69%

I've used aliexpress before and as all payments seem to be protected by escrow if am right. I have found their customer service is pretty awful.
But you will get a refund it just takes them a while to do
Old 12-29-2012

Longevity: 76%

i use ali express almost daily and i am yet to ever have a bad experience, might i also add I have been using it since 2006!!

Always use your card through ali express as the supplier does not receive there funds until you click confirm items. Meaning you receive them, inspect them and are happy with them, only then do you click it and there funds are released.

If you are ever unhappy, ship the items back with a tracking, and dispute.

Hope you sort it!
Old 12-29-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Always try to push to pay with credit card.
Old 12-29-2012

Longevity: 69%

yep as rsot and vx said, card payments are protected..the refund time is long as they like to give sellers a chance..