Iqor Debt Collectors - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2012
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%

Wow, didn't realise this would get so controversial!

Yes a debt is a debt, you rack up the bill, you pay. In normal circumstances I would agree.

However, I had been with eBay for years, 2500 feedback, 100% positive (not an easy task!). Then one day, bam limited account. (and yes I sold perfectly legit items, nothing even remotely close to vero) eBay send buyers the standard email, open cases blah blah. Loads of them run off and do that with eBay. All items delivered except for the most recent orders which were sent out. EVERYTHING sent with tracking and uploaded to cases. Buyers left the cases open, eBay wouldn't shut them until 8 days had passed. Then they decide there are too many cases open and send an email saying I have 24 hours to get all the cases closed or they would simply close all cases in a bulk action refunding everyone.

I tried ringing and saying that was ridiculous, they've been delivered but the buyers haven't closed the cases yet. They simply didn't care, said I had to reply to the email I received, which of course takes days to get a response. I managed to get a couple closed off but next day the rest were bulk refunded. Any cases opened after that, they automatically refunded, didn't even get chance to upload the tracking info and proof of delivery. Total con. No appeals were granted and I was told as I wasn't a registered user anymore I wasn't entitled to appeals even though the items were delivered well before the case was closed.

Clear up a few q's.... The debt is with eBay not PayPal. eBay never had id but paypal did. I'm no longer at the business address that was on file but my home address was on there at some point. Phone number is a mobile that I only used for eBay.

Oh and it's she
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-31-2012
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOther View Post
VERY BAD ADVICE. If it's not nice to be dishonest then don't tell someone else to do it.

This is a non stealth account, his real details and your telling him to try and avoid paying.

p/p themselves will not take you to court but as the poster above has said they will sell the debt to a collection agency and they WILL take you to court and make your life a misery until they get their money and they are also within their legal right to do so.

If you owe a debt pay it. Scamming buyers and money being held by p/p is no defence.

You agreed to be bound by a legal agreement, you can't just renege on it now just because you think you are being hard done by.
The place I rent right now has still collection letters from all sorts of debt collection agencies including this named debt collector IQOR for previous tenants. There is even one debt amount outstanding for almost ₤10 000 !!! These still come in every 2-3 months year in year out. They threaten all sorts but still to no avail to date.

If you have viable/known assets or you have been in contact with the DCA via telephone (not recommended), then the risk of them pursuing you more vigorously is higher.DCA are actually reluctant to use the courts due to the cost & time involved & because the judgment does not necessarily always go to their favor.
Old 03-31-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

The OP is taking advice from professional skilled in dealing with the matter.
Old 03-31-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOther View Post
GT's advice is well founded

However for a substantial amount like £2k the collection agencies are getting very smart these days and will have asked p/p for documentary evidence of the debt and proof to support their purchase of the debt which makes it legally theirs. If it goes to court they can then prove their case.

The UK has a huge debt problem and collection of it is BIG business, they are clued up on all they ways people use to try and avoid it and it is getting extremely difficult to avoid paying up.
Just to add, this collection agency has priors for pursuing debts that are not proven to be made by the party they are chasing.

On that basis the OP is getting assistance along the lines of GrannyT's post.

That is her legal right as a UK citizen.
Closed Thread