PayPal claim they spoke to my bank - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 04-25-2012
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%

It is not about pushing their buttons. It's about, that they are lying about getting info names over the phone.

I have 4 years experience in the investment banking field and I totally agree with what accutinting was saying. Consumer and Investment banking generally fall under the same laws but governed by different federal offices.

When I worked at Morgan Stanley, "all" customer inquiries were handled by official registered mail or in person by lawyers, family members, or employees of certain government offices mostly SEC (US security exchange commission).

If your bank gave away private info of that matter, then you might have a lawsuit on your hands with your bank. I think the OCC (Office of the Comptroller of the Currency) handles consumer bank complaints in the US. Some other office handled the complain but that changed I think in June(?) of 2011 to the OCC.

You might want to google "bank complaints" and see where it gets you. Paypal and your bank have no right to share this info. If paypal was worried about something, I am sure your paypal account would have been toast by now. They don't have the time or resources to check up on millions on millions of accounts.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-25-2012
Executive [VIP]

Even better, I found the link on their webpage to file possible bank complaints

File a Complaint about a National Bank
Old 04-25-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 3%
Longevity: 76%

Remember, these fools have no association with FDIC. Which means they have no power in banking. They are a nuisance and banks hate them. We have all heard tellers, clerks, managers, etc complain about them. The first time I had to close an account and told the clerk it was because of PP, they said they already had numerous customers complain about them and that they were well aware of all of the problems they were causing for people.

PP is no different than a thieving, shady drug mule. Once they pick up the goods and cross the border, they run like hell hoping El Jefe (FDIC) can't catch up.
Old 04-25-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Basically pp agent was giving you a DUMB reason to ask for bank statement. Also trying to sucker you into an admission of "stealth". Knowledgeable pp agents can lie and play games - if I was employed by pp, I would do the same thing just to peddle out the "noobs" and fraudsters.
Old 04-25-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
Remember, these fools have no association with FDIC. Which means they have no power in banking. They are a nuisance and banks hate them. We have all heard tellers, clerks, managers, etc complain about them. The first time I had to close an account and told the clerk it was because of PP, they said they already had numerous customers complain about them and that they were well aware of all of the problems they were causing for people.

PP is no different than a thieving, shady drug mule. Once they pick up the goods and cross the border, they run like hell hoping El Jefe (FDIC) can't catch up.
You have to remember, once Paypal do gets a banking carter, if they do. Then I am afraid to say that paypal stealth accounts are done for. You will need a SSN for every paypal account you open.

In the current method, paypal without banking carter, you can open a paypal account in what ever name you want. You can pretty much run your paypal account without any Federal headaches, but always pay your taxes. Your headaches will come in other ways.

I like paypal without any banking carter.
Old 04-25-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Dont forget the OP has another thread

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...hs-paypal.html

There is a reason for all of the behavior by the paypal staffer.

Pay attention to a whole picture not a part scenario
KingRay (04-25-2012), unkown5454 (04-26-2012)
Old 04-26-2012
Threadstarter  

Update

Ok Just got off the phone with the paypal employee from last time. he is seriously the meanist employee there and doesn't play any games. he told me since the names doesn't match i cant withdraw the funds. i told him the names does match and he actually said "no the hell it don't steven"(stealth name) and your waisting both are times. I said what name is on the account then? He said he doesn't know but he contacted my bank i tried to withdraw to with the info on the account and said that the bank said the info doesn't match. and said if you would like to do anything further you can contact an attorney but ill doubt youll get far. then i start talking some more and he said goodbye and hunged up. i was like wow. his name is Scott he works with limitation department. if you have him review your account consider it done.
Old 04-26-2012

Longevity: 80%

Scott what? We need last initial...ALso bank wouldnt tell him anything AT ALL, you should have said STOP YOU GOD DAMN LYING! I know the names match.

Reason I know the bank wouldnt tell them sh!t is cuz I had a credit card limited last month. The cc company called to try to verify my info and the bank blew them off completely telling them they cannot discuss any account information with them.
Old 04-26-2012
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 73%

This PP employee handling your PP A/C is obviously highly suspicious of you & is trying to tease an admission of discrepancy out of you that would confirm his suspicions about your PP A/C.

You'd really need to review what your options are in this situation, it is a tight bind to be in.
Old 04-26-2012
Threadstarter  

i told him that's not true info with my paypal and bank are the same. he said the name, info from your paypal doesn't match with your bank(he kept interrupting my sentences so i felt like a b**** lol). i told him stop lying and release my funds. also i don't think he would have gave me his last name since he didn't want to give me any other information. anytime i asked something he would say no i'm asking question. he didn't sound like a typical robot consumer support. he finally beat me since i DIDN'T provide signature confirmation for my 250 over orders so i guess he wins. Let me find this Scott from PayPal
Old 04-26-2012

Longevity: 78%

Just to be clear - is this the same account that you were talking about in your other thread?
Old 04-26-2012
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

People-----

Understand that pp hires people and trains people to get as much info out of you they can. They will lie and lie to get the info they are trying to get.

Ever dealt with a nasty debt collector, you know the ones who calls you family members, neighbors, etc to get info on you. Nasty debt collectors are some of the most nasty people are earth.

I have been told that pp has hired many people who have worked at these nasty debt collectors offices because of their training and background.

Never trust anyone at pp or eb.

They are trained to lie, cheat, scam or anything they need to do and they believe they are above the law and have supreme authority to do whatever they want.

If an agent told me this I would ask them who they spoke to, the date, time, branch and what they spoke about. I would ask them if the bank gave them any personal information and what info was given. I would tell them that you are going to an attorney because this is in direct violation of privacy laws and the patriot act and believe me they will either hang up or start being nice.

Arm yourself with knowledge of what can and cannot be discussed.

PP has no right to talk to the bank and ask personal information and the bank is not allowed to share such info with them.

Always when talking to pp or eb, ask them their name, ask them to spell their name, ask them the first initial of their last name and let them know you are making notes of the conversation. It puts them on the tips of their toes and lets them know you know what you are doing and you are not some dumb ass who is going to sit back and let them dictate and control the conversation.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
degsey69 (04-27-2012), Lheonard (04-27-2012), Omgoozle (04-26-2012), ovidiu (04-26-2012), rsot (04-27-2012), unkown5454 (04-27-2012)
Old 04-27-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
by GB

Dont forget the OP has another thread

No funds released after 6 months by paypal

There is a reason for all of the behavior by the paypal staffer.

Pay attention to a whole picture not a part scenario

Whole picture should not be split into multiple threads - no wonder. Tiresome.

Sandy_D - very well said.
Old 04-27-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

I get that the employee is a douche and is taking some kind of sado pleasure from it, but lets help get this guys money out.....who said that even IF the names do not match, they can bypass their own terms and not pay out after the 180...does it say that somewhere?

what if it was a trading as or relatives bank acc, so what....

Last edited by oompaloompa; 04-27-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old 04-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
I get that the employee is a douche and is taking some kind of sado pleasure from it, but lets help get this guys money out.....who said that even IF the names do not match, they can bypass their own terms and not pay out after the 180...does it say that somewhere?

what if it was a trading as or relatives bank acc, so what....
OP's other post says that PP is accusing him of sending empty boxes for a $4,400 transaction and that's why they're not releasing his money.

I'm all about helping the guy get his $, but it's annoying not to have the whole story laid out at once.
Old 04-27-2012
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omgoozle View Post
OP's other post says that PP is accusing him of sending empty boxes for a $4,400 transaction and that's why they're not releasing his money.

I'm all about helping the guy get his $, but it's annoying not to have the whole story laid out at once.
If someone is sending empty boxes and wanting to be paid they should not get anything but a jail cell.

DO NOT PUT us who want to operate honestly into covering your butt if you in fact are cheating and committing fraud and theft.

We are NOT your whipping toys to help you rip people off.

IF this is the case.

Send me an empty box and I will make sure you get an nice orange jacket with a number on the back. I work too hard to get someone to steal from me.

** If this member is in fact doing this then they need to be banned and or we all need to not help them with anything.

Crap likes this makes it harder for all of us to get our money released.
Old 04-27-2012

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
If someone is sending empty boxes and wanting to be paid they should not get anything but a jail cell.

DO NOT PUT us who want to operate honestly into covering your butt if you in fact are cheating and committing fraud and theft.

We are NOT your whipping toys to help you rip people off.

IF this is the case.

Send me an empty box and I will make sure you get an nice orange jacket with a number on the back. I work too hard to get someone to steal from me.

** If this member is in fact doing this then they need to be banned and or we all need to not help them with anything.

Crap likes this makes it harder for all of us to get our money released.
Sounds like you already made up your mind.

Sent from HTC HD2 using tapatalk beta 6
Old 04-27-2012

Activity: 7%

This forum should be for the people who have made mistakes with customer servicing but get no breaks cut by ebay and paypal and have been barred.

I have no time for crooks trying to get re established to con innocent buyers, this impacts the innocents who find it harder and harder to make a living on the auctions.
Old 04-27-2012
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackteck View Post
Sounds like you already made up your mind.

Sent from HTC HD2 using tapatalk beta 6
About what?

I said if this person is in fact doing this then we are getting used to help them steal from someone and that my friend is something I do not want to be a part of. I do not think you do either.

IF was my word.
Old 04-28-2012
Threadstarter  

No i'm no thief or con artist PayPal are.

Long Story(i'm going to try to remember as much as possible)

What happened was 6 months ago i received a large payment for two orders and shipped both orders out from my supplier. a few days later my account was limited and both payments where held for review. i provided tracking of the shipped merchandise and the payments where back into my account a few weeks later after them completing there investigation,but my account was limited so i could not withdraw. 5 months later PayPal send me a email stating that the funds were either wasnt authorized or fraudulent so i called them and complained because they waited so long to tell me this and the buyer had the merchandise for months. i had to give them tracking again and they removed the hold again after deciding the transaction was authorized. 2 weeks later i check my paypal and notice that the funds are there the 180 days are up so i withdraw my funds from the order. checked my bank for days still wasnt there. finaly checked my PayPal and what in the world both transactions where reversed and now my stealth account is negative. I Call Them up some guy named antonio told me that i would have to wait until may 21st to withdraw the funds. because some girl i talked to last month from paypal ended my 180 day wait early but said the funds will continue to be held(but they werent so i withdrew.) i call again the next day because i just wasnt satisfied with antonio help because both of my funds were still reversed. When i call they tell me we can't release the funds do to the empty boxes which was a lie or error. i ask to be switched over to someone else and they switched me over to there manager Amy. She tells me the samething i said there must be some kind of mistake and she says i'm going to do you a favor i'm going to relook into this for you and call you back in 24hrs. She calls back the next day at around 10 am and ask for another 24hrs but would like me to speak to the guy from the account review department. low and behold Scott. He's no longer saying i shipped empty boxes(thank God that rumors died) Hes asking questions right off the back no hellos or nothing.

He says.
Scott:Hello Steven this is Scott i will be reviewing your account. I just wanna talk to you a little bit and ask you a few questions. first why do your information on your PayPal account is different from your bank account.
Me:Huh
Scott:I Wanna Know why your Bank account information isnt the same as your paypal.
Me:It Is
Scott:No No it isnt whos bank account is it.
Me:Its my bank account.
Scott:No I called your bank and supplied them with information from your PayPal account and you they told me the information wasn't the same.
(Silence)
Me:Will that is wrong.

He asked me more questions such as my address,supplier contact,phone number,date of birth,if i have a middle name,my current email address,where am i living,how do i find customers,and questioned why i dont have a voicemail. he was like i tried to call you but couldn't get through also you didnt have a voicemail so i found that strange,he said. i said not everyone have a voicemail you know.(stealth tracphone) he told me he would call back in about 24hrs. He called back about 3 days later. He said you will not be getting your money back into your account not today not in 180 days not ever(Just like that ha) and your lucky to have withdrawn so many payments to an account that isnt in your name. I interrupted him saying the account is in my name. He said no its not. He said thats not the only problem why. since your payment was over 250 you was suppose to have signature confirmation. you added tracking without that part and if you read 11:4 under the user agreement you'll know. i argued some more saying this is bull my customer received there under no complaints and still no refund. he said no and your wasting both me and your time. i talked some more and got hanged up on. wow what a tough guy. Also my account did many transactions from eBay and Outside of eBay no opened cases,no reverses,no negative feedback,no claims,no disputes no nothing. perfect account. perfect standing. did everything right. My account was reviewed three times by three different account review teams. the first time it past funds where safe wait 180 days. second time it past they allowed me to withdraw. as soon as i withdrew the third time came and Mr Scott did some research such as contacting my bank like he claimed. i cant sue because hey this isn't my real name. I apologize for the long story and for splitting it up into two threads but i wanted different opinions on two different topics this thread was really about do banks really give information to PayPal. thats all i really wanted to know. but thank you all for your advice. hopefully next month i will be able to withdraw money safely from my other account. it isn't as high risk as this one and i didn't do any transactions outside of eBay. congrats to all who didn't have scott to say wait wait let me try investigating this guy even though we told him he could withdraw his funds twice. a the end of the day i'm done with this account and jus going to let paypal win this one..............PYSCH, im going to try a few more times but after that im really done. tired of buying more minutes and is just too much.
Old 04-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

look, I think they do know it is a different name, but think it is only a small chance they called your bank. Somehow they must have got a small upload of money, either you did it or they took a few cents to check, did you run thru all your transactions?...

now you wanna know how to withdraw, why dont you say look if you dont like this bank, I will add another bank...

how much is held? if it is alot, maybe you can do an EIN in that stealth name or variation and make a bank to match? so if you think they are checking then cannot say anything....

did they get any ID from you? if so they said nothing about that?

As for empty box thing, did they refund buyers? if they didnt, why are they talking about it now, if it is not a dispute then what is their deal? It is like this is an agent who had taken a special interest and I cannot figure out why, with the amount of cases they have.....

some other guy did a thread too in this section he is from Aus, maybe it is getting more common....

Last edited by oompaloompa; 04-28-2012 at 09:52 AM.
Old 04-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 3%

Scott has been there a long time. So, your money is gone.