Removing a buyer's untrue negative feedback? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 09-03-2012
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
it does ruin your business I agree, it will put some people off buying from you, you CAN sue him if you want, there are precedents....

but I would not go that far, just drown the feedback with pos and it will move to next page.

Continue to asked ebay to remove, but usually unless it is libel or personal or a curse word, they do not remove. They will probably class this as buyers opinion. You can hit lucky with a rep always, but I think you have a low but not impossible chance of removing.
Agree, I wouldn't go as far as suing lol. But still - even if you have some positives before & after that negative saying it was "f@ke" - it could give other people (even eBay) the impression that you're just fooling everyone else with selling off f@kes as real. If the negative said something like "bad seller. slow shipping" then it wouldn't bother me nearly as much.

If anything - you could offer the buyer money AFTER they leave the negative, in exchange that they revise & leave a positive saying "Thanks. Refunded" or something...IMO offering "$100 + keep the item" to any buyer who seems to be unhappy, is just going too far (in regards to what slimjim mentioned)

Last edited by mcmx; 09-03-2012 at 03:55 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-04-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmxcivjm View Post
It's not "simply" the cost of business. This negative feedback is something beyond my control + beyond unreasonable & unnecessary. For all you know he could have gave me a negative feedback even if I provided the $35 for shipping at the beginning.
Where did you WRITE in the listing there was a scruff?
You said the shoes were only worn several times: was that mentioned in the listing?

Why did you ASSUME it would be seen in a photo?

tbf, it was in your control to write up a listing correctly GIVEN that it was a branded item that was USED... you have to spell it out in words.
Doing that gives you some defence.
Old 09-04-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 79%

You need to talk with a buyer. If he isn't helping you can always leave a reply. Some buyers notice your reply and can take into account.
Old 09-04-2012
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Where did you WRITE in the listing there was a scruff?
You said the shoes were only worn several times: was that mentioned in the listing?

Why did you ASSUME it would be seen in a photo?

tbf, it was in your control to write up a listing correctly GIVEN that it was a branded item that was USED... you have to spell it out in words.
Doing that gives you some defence.
Why are you assuming I didn't write it in the listing???????? I wrote it AND showed photos to make it very clear.
Old 09-04-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Why are you assuming I didn't write it in the listing???????? I wrote it AND showed photos to make it very clear.
Good. Then settle down for once.

You never mentioned in any post it was written too, only mentioned pictures.
Re-read your own opening post.

Read what I said several times in my other posts.

You may be able to use the fact it was WRITTEN in the listing about the scruffs.

You may be able to get ebay to see your pov .... may is purely subjective, of course. Much is also going to rely on what the buyer does or does not do
Old 09-07-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 85%

There are a few ways to have it removed.

I will start with the easiest way.

1 - Beg him and offer for refund, wait 1 more week.

2- If he ever threaten you like ''refund shipping fee or i will leave neg'' they you can have it removed.

3 - If you sue him at a small court and if court decide in your favour, ebay has to remove it

4 - There are some blackmagic doing the job. You can have his account suspended and his neg fb will dissapear

:D

Quote:
I sold a pair of Jordan shoes that I bought directly from Foot Locker a few months ago. They were worn only a few times and had a small scuff which was clearly shown in the photos. Nevertheless, the buyer got the shoes and was unhappy about the scuff. I was a little upset too because I clearly showed it within the photos! I ended up allowing him to return the shoes anyway, despite the No Returns Accepted stated in my ad.

After I got the shoes back & refunded him, he left a negative feedback saying that the shoes were F@KE! I think he was upset he had to pay $35 to ship them back and just tried to piss me off by saying that they were f@ke. I was about to sell several other Jordan and Nike shoes that were purchased DIRECTLY from Foot Locker at the mall. I have receipts and everything. There's no way they're f@ke. I asked for him to change the ridiculous feedback comment, and that I'll even refund the return shipping but it's been over a week & still no answer.

This just ruins my entire feedback if I want to sell other Jordan & Nike stuff. No matter what. Even if I post photos of receipts in my ads, people will still be skeptical of buying from me. Even if I reply to the comment...it's still there. It will definitely make people think twice about buying from me now :( This was a 100% positive 105 feedback account before his feedback.

SO...Is it possible to call eBay and prove that they ARE real, by submitting/showing them a copy of the receipt? I could claim that it's feedback abuse by the buyer. Do you think they would remove it? I've had a negative feedback removed before but it was a different situation.