Removing a buyer's untrue negative feedback? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 08-28-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default Removing a buyer's untrue negative feedback?

I sold a pair of Jordan shoes that I bought directly from Foot Locker a few months ago. They were worn only a few times and had a small scuff which was clearly shown in the photos. Nevertheless, the buyer got the shoes and was unhappy about the scuff. I was a little upset too because I clearly showed it within the photos! I ended up allowing him to return the shoes anyway, despite the No Returns Accepted stated in my ad.

After I got the shoes back & refunded him, he left a negative feedback saying that the shoes were F@KE! I think he was upset he had to pay $35 to ship them back and just tried to piss me off by saying that they were f@ke. I was about to sell several other Jordan and Nike shoes that were purchased DIRECTLY from Foot Locker at the mall. I have receipts and everything. There's no way they're f@ke. I asked for him to change the ridiculous feedback comment, and that I'll even refund the return shipping but it's been over a week & still no answer.

This just ruins my entire feedback if I want to sell other Jordan & Nike stuff. No matter what. Even if I post photos of receipts in my ads, people will still be skeptical of buying from me. Even if I reply to the comment...it's still there. It will definitely make people think twice about buying from me now :( This was a 100% positive 105 feedback account before his feedback.

SO...Is it possible to call eBay and prove that they ARE real, by submitting/showing them a copy of the receipt? I could claim that it's feedback abuse by the buyer. Do you think they would remove it? I've had a negative feedback removed before but it was a different situation.

Last edited by mcmx; 08-28-2012 at 11:48 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-29-2012

Longevity: 67%

eBay says it's possible, but it doesn't seem to be the few times I've tried. I sent e-mails NUMEROUS times regarding the same situation and had no response. :(

sometimes we just have to accept the negatives as crappy as that is.
Old 08-29-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmxcivjm View Post

SO...Is it possible to call eBay and prove that they ARE real, by submitting/showing them a copy of the receipt? I could claim that it's feedback abuse by the buyer. Do you think they would remove it? I've had a negative feedback removed before but it was a different situation.
If you can not get the buyer to revise the feedback, carefully chosen words of reply may give others the ture picture....

Old 08-29-2012

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
I sold a pair of Jordan shoes that I bought directly from Foot Locker a few months ago. They were worn only a few times and had a small scuff which was clearly shown in the photos. Nevertheless, the buyer got the shoes and was unhappy about the scuff. I was a little upset too because I clearly showed it within the photos! I ended up allowing him to return the shoes anyway, despite the No Returns Accepted stated in my ad.

After I got the shoes back & refunded him, he left a negative feedback saying that the shoes were F@KE! I think he was upset he had to pay $35 to ship them back and just tried to piss me off by saying that they were f@ke. I was about to sell several other Jordan and Nike shoes that were purchased DIRECTLY from Foot Locker at the mall. I have receipts and everything. There's no way they're f@ke. I asked for him to change the ridiculous feedback comment, and that I'll even refund the return shipping but it's been over a week & still no answer.

This just ruins my entire feedback if I want to sell other Jordan & Nike stuff. No matter what. Even if I post photos of receipts in my ads, people will still be skeptical of buying from me. Even if I reply to the comment...it's still there. It will definitely make people think twice about buying from me now :( This was a 100% positive 105 feedback account before his feedback.

With these companies anything is possible as long as you get the right agent...
Old 08-29-2012

Longevity: 79%

I have been trying all week for two stealth accounts. A competitor left me negative feedback. I was able to prove all their details were bogus. Address made up etc. The competitors account even got banned. All they did was remove the comments and not the ratings even though they said they would and also adjust the DSRs.

If removing the comment is enough. Make sure you stress the word DEFAMATION.

Complete this form: http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/u...defam-form.pdf

And send it to customerhelp_uk@ebay.com
Old 08-29-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,938 Times in 8,229 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Complete the form.

Speak to the buyer to revise the feedback before.

Simple steps to follow. All the best.
Old 08-29-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGenius View Post
If removing the comment is enough. Make sure you stress the word DEFAMATION.

Complete this form: http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/u...defam-form.pdf

And send it to customerhelp_uk@ebay.com
What point would that have for a Canadian seller to send to ebay UK? :>
Old 08-29-2012

edit:
I'm an idiot.

Last edited by TheGenius; 08-29-2012 at 09:58 AM.
Old 08-29-2012
Threadstarter  

Lol is there a Canadian seller form? I'm in Canada, not AUS or UK lol. I've gotten a negative feedback removed before however I didn't have to fill out that form.

But thanks for your help! The ONLY thing I am worried about and don't like, is how eBay notifies the buyer of everything. WTF? If anything, that's going to bother them that you got their comment removed and it will tempt them to do it again. Last time I got a negative removed, I didn't have to fill out a form like that so I don't think they notified the buyer when it was removed - otherwise I'm certain he would have tried to mess with another one of my auctions

Last edited by mcmx; 08-29-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old 08-29-2012

Email the support team and explain the situation. They must be able to help, just mention defamation. You can even prove the products are legit.

From there, don't leave a follow up comment if you don't have time to go through the process again as the buyer will be notified and she/he will be able to leave another follow up comment to yours. You'll have to repeat the whole removal process again.

Block the buyer and forget about it.
Old 08-29-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

I know it hurts! But you should have refunded him for the shipping. You do not mention that the scuff was remarked in the description. Only having it in the picture is not good enough.

I had to refund a buyer this week that claimed he didnt get item even though it clearly showed delivered. Yes it hurt my ego, but he left me positive feedback and in the big picture this is what counts.

Sometimes you need to decide if that $35 is worth the account...
Old 08-29-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

amen to that newjerseymax. it's simply the cost of doing business and a very small cost i might add
Old 08-29-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymax View Post
I know it hurts! But you should have refunded him for the shipping. You do not mention that the scuff was remarked in the description. Only having it in the picture is not good enough.

I had to refund a buyer this week that claimed he didnt get item even though it clearly showed delivered. Yes it hurt my ego, but he left me positive feedback and in the big picture this is what counts.

Sometimes you need to decide if that $35 is worth the account...
Yeah that's 30000x easier to say after the fact this happened. The negative feedback is just out of nowhere and is beyond a false statement. And I already said that I offered to refund the $35 for return shipping [this being after the negative FB being left] but it's been over a week and he's just ignored my message(s). I can only do so much.
Old 08-29-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim jim View Post
amen to that newjerseymax. it's simply the cost of doing business and a very small cost i might add
It's not "simply" the cost of business. This negative feedback is something beyond my control + beyond unreasonable & unnecessary. For all you know he could have gave me a negative feedback even if I provided the $35 for shipping at the beginning.
Old 08-29-2012

Longevity: 76%

It is the cost of doing business I'm afraid - if you cannot deal with it do not trade on the Ebay platform

It's just one of the problems that exist and is not going to go away.

Learn to deal with it as every one else has to do

I had someone leave me 3 negs this week - they bought just to leave negative

Get over it and move on
Old 08-29-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post
It is the cost of doing business I'm afraid - if you cannot deal with it do not trade on the Ebay platform

It's just one of the problems that exist and is not going to go away.

Learn to deal with it as every one else has to do

I had someone leave me 3 negs this week - they bought just to leave negative

Get over it and move on
The question was essentially, can I get eBay to remove the negative feedback?

What you're trying to tell me is not helping and it does not answer the question.
Old 08-29-2012

Longevity: 76%

No - they probably wont. They have very strict criteria for removing feedback and they usually interpret it in any way that means they do not have to remove it.

You MAY be lucky - but I seriously doubt it

Is that helpful? Does that answer your question?

I do hope so - now stop beating yourself up and move on
Old 08-29-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
The question was essentially, can I get eBay to remove the negative feedback?

What you're trying to tell me is not helping and it does not answer the question.
When it comes down to the crunch, ebay may not remove the negative feedback. They do not need to CARE to do so.

After all their poor buyer got a scruffed shoe. You bad seller you, you should not have sold that shoe You also should have WRITTEN in the listing there was a mark on the shoe. (That's not besides the point: it's ammo for any defense you have to give to ebay).

Your other glitch is the claim of being a competitor. Decide on what the repercussions will be if you persist....
Old 09-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
It's not "simply" the cost of business. This negative feedback is something beyond my control + beyond unreasonable & unnecessary. For all you know he could have gave me a negative feedback even if I provided the $35 for shipping at the beginning.
but that's the thing. it IS the cost of business. i have only ONCE been left malicious feedback and ultimately it was my fault from the start. negative feedback is beyond everyone's control but there is a rule you should make for yourself. how much is a negative feedback worth for you? is it worth $50? is it worth $100? what if someone writes to you when they receive their item that they are not happy with their purchase? it will obviously be a hard time dealing with them. let's say the item cost $100. what if you were to offer them a $100 refund and let them keep the item, do you think they would leave a negative feedback? no, they would leave a positive feedback after receiving $100 and the item. voila! you have saved your ebay life for a messily $100. life is good
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slim jim For This Useful Post:
MM78 (09-03-2012), newjerseymax (09-03-2012)
Old 09-03-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim jim View Post
but that's the thing. it IS the cost of business. i have only ONCE been left malicious feedback and ultimately it was my fault from the start. negative feedback is beyond everyone's control but there is a rule you should make for yourself. how much is a negative feedback worth for you? is it worth $50? is it worth $100? what if someone writes to you when they receive their item that they are not happy with their purchase? it will obviously be a hard time dealing with them. let's say the item cost $100. what if you were to offer them a $100 refund and let them keep the item, do you think they would leave a negative feedback? no, they would leave a positive feedback after receiving $100 and the item. voila! you have saved your ebay life for a messily $100. life is good
So many things I completely disagree with what you just said, but I'm not even gonna bother wasting my time replying & point them out...
Old 09-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
So many things I completely disagree with what you just said, but I'm not even gonna bother wasting my time replying & point them out...
that is just fine. i hope others don't waste their time with you either
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slim jim For This Useful Post:
MM78 (09-03-2012), newjerseymax (09-03-2012)
Old 09-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

it does ruin your business I agree, it will put some people off buying from you, you CAN sue him if you want, there are precedents....

but I would not go that far, just drown the feedback with pos and it will move to next page.

Continue to asked ebay to remove, but usually unless it is libel or personal or a curse word, they do not remove. They will probably class this as buyers opinion. You can hit lucky with a rep always, but I think you have a low but not impossible chance of removing.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 09-03-2012 at 03:41 PM.