Paypal account Limited. What should I do? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 03-04-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default Paypal account Limited. What should I do?

I got limited today and I pasted a copy of the email below.

I made more that 10k this month up from my usual 2K selling Insanity DVDs. I have withdrawn about half of the money into my accounts and still have a bit over 3k in there and got the message today. I assume it is due to improved sales?

My issue is that I am in the USA for the last 3 years on a visa so I am not a Citizen or resident. I do not have a driver's license but I do have my country's passport. The visa is expired since I am going trough the immigration as I just got married. Also the invoices I can supply on those transactions will be based in China....Is that bad? I do have my SSN though and the account is legit for more than 4 years. It was limited 1 year before when I tried to add a new primary address, but I was taking a selling break so I just ignored it and after a few months they unlimited it. They want me to confirm my utility bill but I have not been at that address for more than 2 years and did not update cause I was afraid of being limited ... lol go figure

I just printed shipping labels for 45 items and am about to ship them today. What should I do? They did not say anywhere how long the limit is for.

1) Should I ship these Items?
2) What should I do about the two ebay accounts attached to this?
3) Should I just leave everything and go stealth?
4) How long do these limits last if I just ship the items and do nothing?
5) Will I get my money back?
6) How did they get my credit score?? Could it be cause I tried to apply for their bill me later once and got denied?

What can I do while my account is limited?
receive or request money
update your account information
add money to your account
add or remove a card
add or remove a bank account
send refunds
use PayPal logos in your auction listings or on your website

What can't I do while my account is limited?
send money
withdraw money from your account
close your account

************************************************** ***********Paypal email************

As part of PayPal's commitment to providing the best possible experience
for buyers and sellers, we perform routine reviews of merchant accounts.

To give us time to work together on this, we've temporarily limited what
you can do with your account until our review is completed. We want to work
with you to get your account back to normal as quickly as possible. To
complete our review and better understand your business, we need your
assistance in collecting the following information:
· Upload or fax a copy of any invoices referencing your purchase or
acquisition of the merchandise involved in the following transactions:

Transaction ID:********

. An invoice is an original bill of sale referencing where you purchased or
acquired the items you are selling along with the name and telephone number
of your supplier.

· A copy of a recent utility bill, bank statement, or credit card statement
showing your name and address exactly as they appear in your PayPal
account.

· A copy of your social security card.

· A copy of your Visa, Green Card, or Immigration papers.

Please log into your account and visit the Resolution Center. Please send
us an explanation if you're unable to supply any of the requested
information. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Merchant Risk Operations
1-877-896-6558

Our decision was made in part from information obtained through the
consumer reporting agency identified below. Please note that the following
credit reporting agency does not make these decisions and is unable to
provide you with the specific reasons for your reserve settings.

In accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act, you have the right to
obtain a free copy of your consumer report within 60 days by contacting the
consumer reporting agency at the address and telephone number below. You
also have the right to obtain one free credit report annually from each of
the national consumer reporting agencies. Please refer to these documents
if you have further questions. You have the right to dispute the accuracy
or completeness of the information contained in the report by contacting
the consumer reporting agency.

Consumer:
Equifax Credit Information Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 740241
Atlanta, GA 30374
(800) 685-1111

Any dispute regarding the information on your report must be resolved with
the agency above.

We also obtained your credit score from this consumer reporting agency.
Your credit score is a number that reflects the information in your credit
report. Your credit score can change, depending on how the information in
your credit report changes.

Your consumer credit score: .....

Date: 3/3/13

Consumer scores range from a low of: 300 to a high of : 850

Key factors that adversely affected your consumer credit score:
LENGTH OF TIME ACCOUNTS HAVE BEEN ESTABLISHED

TOO MANY INQUIRIES LAST 12 MONTHS

TOO MANY ACCOUNTS WITH BALANCES

AMOUNT OWED ON REVOLVING ACCOUNT IS TOO HIGH

Copyright © 1999-2013 PayPal. All rights reserved.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-04-2013

Longevity: 67%

Take a deep breath.

Yes, your sales volume jumped 500% <<< alarm bell goes off.

The money that you withdrew, is it still in that same bank account?
Old 03-04-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

yes it is still in those accounts. I did 4 withdrawals of about 1.5k each to 2 different accounts. I see that for now my ebay is ok. I have been on both ebay accounts for quite a while. One with a 5k limit (newer account), the other with 15.8K limit. I have not even logged back into those. I do have a Merchant account with Authorize.net but I do not know if I will want to link it to these accounts now. I know half of that info I will not be able to provide because I am not a Citizen and the supplier info on those products are from china.

Should I just provide what I can and then call and beg hopping for the best? Or should I just Go Stealth and not provide any information and wait to see what happens?
Old 03-04-2013

Longevity: 66%

When your sales jump drastically like that, paypal freaks out. If this is an account with legit info, you can try giving them a call and talking NICELY to the rep and ask what you need to do, explain the situation....my VISA is expired, I have passport, just got married, etc.

Usually when I get a limitation from Paypal, I submit any documents that I can and also include a PDF with an explanation so it's easier for the rep to understand what I am submitting AND why I can't submit certain documents if they ask for certain ones.
Old 03-04-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

It's like wildfire of foo-foo sellers having problems....shocking!
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
Roscoe (03-04-2013)
Old 03-05-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Well I was new to this whole ebay thing. I have been browsing several of the other posts on here and this is some serious stuff. I definitely need to remodel since I am way to sexy for jail. I am sure I will be a professional stealther like youall in no time....which is why I got the book and joined on here.

I still don't know what to do though. I have been thinking and wondering if it just best to forget everything and just let them send me the 180 day notice and move on to a stealth account. I am about to move anyway and may be able to open a real new account some time in the future. I don't want to give them all my info just for them to ban me in the future. I have a registered DBA and everything else just have never used it, and I do sell several other USA supplier based products.

I am concerned though. At the end of the email they had my credit score. Do you think they got it when I tried to apply for their bill-me-later deal and got denied before?....I need some suggestions please on how to start fresh or fix things.
Old 03-05-2013

Longevity: 67%

Doesn't make a difference anymore, move on.

Buy Aspkins ebooks, and read like there's no tomorrow.

Good Luck
Old 03-05-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Ok thanks. So now I owe a bunch of fees on both ebay accounts totaling about 1k. One is linked to Paypal and the other to my bank account. how do I stop them from collecting the fees from my bank account now that I am moving on. I think that they should just take the money from what they are keeping from me in my papal account. If I do change the billing info will they ever release the funds from Paypal seeing that I am owing in ebay? I know they will suspend my ebay account but will I be able to still do customer care on the account if they do? Never had an account limited before so I don't know how it works.
Old 03-05-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Not just sales volume but also the DVD sets are high risk
Old 03-05-2013

I think you have to go stealth now, and there are several things I notice from your first post

First, you sell Insanity DVD, and based on the keyword "China", I assume that you are selling phakes? I'm not a lawyer or anything, but the more volume you sell, the easier they are going to track you down, and I have seen cases that customer file complaint to FTC, the original seller sue, etc. Remember, even when you go stealth, they still keep your BANK info in their system. The bank will happily release your info with an order from the court. PP and bank usually don't go that far, but yes, they can and will do it.

Second, they have your SSN, so they already take hold of the most important info right there. Everyone only have 1 single SSN. When they have it, and that account is limited, it's pretty much over if you want to open a legit business with your own name again. That's why I only give them my EIN because a person can have as many EIN as he wants (well, not recommended, but possible) When they have your SSN, they know about you, they know your credit record, and guess what happen when BeachBody want to find out who has been making money behind their back?

About your limit, I think it's permanent now. If you don't give them the documents, they won't lift it. If you do, they will have more evidence that you're selling phakes DVDs. Either way, it's a lose-lose situation I'm afraid. The money will stay in your account for 180 days in case of charge back or refund (like customers discover the items aren't real) Account limitation is not as big of a deal as you think, eventually you will get the money back. But dealing with legal problem is another, bigger headache, and when they have a solid case in their hands, it's gonna be ugly.

No, I'm not trying to scare you, but since you said that you're in the US for 3 years, I don't think you have a clear understanding on how the law in this country works. If you are in China, fine, no one cares. But you are in US soil and it's a different game here. The more money you make, the more attention you get.

Last edited by yukinara; 03-05-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Old 03-05-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

thanks for the info. too late about the scared thing though...After staying up all night reading other posts online I have been peeping through my window. Wish I had discovered this site before with all this information. Some serious horror stories on here. Anyone with any idea on if I should stop ebay fees or not? Will that affect my 180 day payout?
Old 03-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by klu View Post
thanks for the info. too late about the scared thing though...After staying up all night reading other posts online I have been peeping through my window. Wish I had discovered this site before with all this information. Some serious horror stories on here. Anyone with any idea on if I should stop ebay fees or not? Will that affect my 180 day payout?
Fees cannot be avoided - well...SHOULD not. You used the site - you pay your dues. If not, depending on how you operated...you could be screwed later down the road.

If no ties to old accounts and other fees owed, most times you will get your funds in 180 days without issue