eBay's lack of importance of dsr's for buyers - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 11-21-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Default eBay's lack of importance of dsr's for buyers

I really wish eBay would have stressed the importance of their retarded dsr system. I had no clue about how critical that crap is till I was in trouble.

When I started on here feedback was important. (2002). Now the dsr system can make or break a seller and they put little to no importance on it for buyers when it is time to leave dsr's.

I had no clue I had an issue till I got the message from eBay stating my account was about to be limited. When I got it I thought it was a spoof or something. I had 2000+ positive - 99%+ positive feedback and my dsr's were 4.9/5.0 to 5.0/5.0

But over a year and 500+ sales 6 people had left me low dsr's.

Now as a buyer when I go to leave feedback I completely understand how important dsr's I am about to leave actually are. BUT if I wasn't in this predicament I would have no clue.
It innocently asks me to leave detailed seller ratings for the seller. No importance is levied on this system.... No where does it say evilbay will use these innocent ratings to destroy sellers.
Its insane!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-21-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%
Default Re: eBay's lack of importance of dsr's for buyers

I agree 1000% you could have an account with 299 positives and 2 neg and be done because low DSRs it's crazy stupid system
Old 11-21-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 68%

This has been a long running problem w/ eBay's system. They're even automating cases now (since Spring update I think). If a buyer wants to message you asking a question after the purchase, in most cases, it will open a case.

The buyer would need to select "other" as the topic to get around that. How many buyers really know this?

The best buyer (to me) is the one that does not leave any feedback and you don't hear from them at all.
Old 11-21-2013

Longevity: 62%

Don't understand why they ban accounts like this, to become a eBay power seller it has targets for all your DSR to be over 4.6 in all 4 yet your lowest is 4.9 and you get suspended? Surely 4.9 is high enough to keep your business you worked so hard for!!

Sorry to hear that about your account mate
Old 11-21-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

My accounts not done yet. Still working on it. It failed its last evaluation and is now listed as below average seller. So in the course of 1 year it went from top rated power seller to below average seller. With limits and low visibility in searches.

I've got another evaluation in a month. One of the low dsr strikes should disappear at the end of nov. (From last nov) That may get it back in the safe zone. But I don't ever want to be worried about my income like this again for bs buyers who don't read descriptions or look at pictures. Time to make some backups.

Here's an odd one for you....

Buyer buys item. Its 19.99. They pay 1999.99
Seller calls PayPal to let them know there is a problem with payment.
PayPal reverses their payment.

Now seller has no money but has not sent the item. Seller cannot send them an invoice because it's already been paid but *I* refunded the payment. Seller sends them a message about what has happened. No response. Of course. Buyer than sends item not received claim. Wtf eBay. Really?!
Old 11-21-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abreaks View Post

Now as a buyer when I go to leave feedback I completely understand how important dsr's I am about to leave actually are. BUT if I wasn't in this predicament I would have no clue.
It innocently asks me to leave detailed seller ratings for the seller. No importance is levied on this system.... No where does it say evilbay will use these innocent ratings to destroy sellers.
Its insane!
eBay run the game.

They can do wtf they like.

YOUR mission is to play them and beat them.

As a seller, you must know more about the bad side than the good side.

Every course of action has the potential to damage you.

You must stay on top of every trick there is.

You are at WAR if you sell on eBay.

Fight them at their own game

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
nyc (11-21-2013)
Old 11-22-2013

Ebay uses the DSR scores to accomplish a few things;

1. Item as described- Crap shoot Buyer can burn you for what ever reason.
2.Communication- Crap shoot Buyer can burn you for what ever reason.

3.Shipping time- Load tracking and ship within time stated to get auto perfect 5.0

4.Shipping and handling charges- They want you to ship free to get an auto perfect 5.0

If you can control 2/4 then do it. don't give them the ability to burn you.

Also eb gives discounts on your high score but I really don't think they WANT to so it's in their best interest for sellers to have low scores but they have not figured out how to not kill off their sellers.
Old 11-22-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I do believe you could be right about keeping sellers with low scores. Low enough to negate any discounts and be able to blame that on seller performance but not low enough to get the eBay fee money makers suspended.
Old 11-23-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

It is a Battle, because this DSRs is out of control . Basically impossible, there is not one business that can please everyone .

And now you go to ask a question and ebay opens a case, I thought a buyer told this to me as a lie until I purchased something received the wrong ink cartridges and went to message the seller and was embarrassed when the case was opened, I immediately just left positive feedback and told the seller that it was a mistake

Don't need that bad karma

They are basically trying to eliminate us. Bottom line: because you take a look at the big sellers like best buy or toys r us and negatives like crazy but that's what they want

Just to fully integrate brick and mortar stores into online and rid all small sellers

I have a top rated account 3 months straight now and do notice privileges that I get, where other accounts would get a violation this account is over looked and was able to get 2 negative and low DSR removed automatically fast.

But it's hard to get to that point and harder to maintain that status

Now I went on a account creating binge , and fiing something right I made 2 accounts 30/1500 starting 1 25/2000, and it took a month but I stayed on an account that was hit with the new mc999 and got 100/5000 and just an hour ago made another 100/5000, I'm shocked normally I get 10/1000

Last edited by aspkin; 11-23-2013 at 07:46 PM.