Inside scoop on Auto Limit Increase - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 06-10-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Send a message via Skype™ to black_label
Default Inside scoop on Auto Limit Increase

So I just got off from a wonderful hour long chat with a customer service rep over at eBay. (There was absolutely no sarcasm in that)

I was feeling chatty today so I kept playing dumber than normal to fish out more information. I got him to spill the beans on the automatic limit increases.

Obviously, I'm not just going to say it out right. BUT.... I will tell you this. For the system to even think about automatically raising your limit, sell HARD and FAST.

The other is a no brainer. Call. I know everyone says don't call but if your account is over 45 days old, eBay actually expects you to call ever 30 days to manually increase your limit. Of course this is given that you are selling well into your limit.
The Following User Says Thank You to black_label For This Useful Post:
rsot (06-12-2014)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-10-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%
Default Re: Inside scoop on Auto Limit Increase

A reason it's not recommended to call in is because until you do your account is just monitored by a computer, once you call it is than looked at by Trust and Safety and your products better be Legit, from a reputable Vendor( that eBay says are reputable), you need all receipts, invoices , proof you purchased every single item sold along with items you plan on selling in the future, proof of address, ID, Bank Statements, etc...

Now if you can produce all these things than they may also need to see if you are an authorizes reseller of the item you are selling. Just because you went to Walmart or wherever and purchased 100 of product X doesn't mean you are allowed to resell without written consent of the company

And last even if you have everything in line, eBay may still see you as a new seller and look at you as a risk and that is it the account is finished

Yes you could get lucky by calling in and get a rep that for whatever reason whether they are new and don't know any better or just want to finish the call and go home may just raise your limits and that it , but and this comes from experience more often they will pass you to trust and safety and everything I have mentioned needs to be produced

I have called in before , even with a TRS account and asked for a raise and it took two weeks for me to get them all the info and get someone to look at it and the account ended up being on hold for two weeks and after everything they just restores it and never gave the raise

I chose to do things the hard way and in a way it was good because I learned a lot , but it is a lot of work making that call sometimes if you want to save an account

The best way is just never call, I have spent countless hours back and forth on the phone faxing the same info 5 times calling every day, just a mess

Now after learning the hard way I never call and never receive calls and life is good
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
aspkin (06-12-2014), pokerpro (06-10-2014)
Old 06-10-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

You must have bad luck or sound like a prick on the phone mate. I've had to send things in as well and It never took longer than 24 hours to get things sorted.

You guys make this stuff sound like CIA super secret squirrel stuff, when it's just a joke. I don't sell VeRO because I fully support intellectual property.

But I don't know I've been told all my life I have a way with words so that could be it.

Last edited by GreenBean; 06-10-2014 at 11:50 PM.
Dashawn (06-13-2014)
Old 06-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 21%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_label View Post
...or sound like a prick on the phone mate.
Inappropriate and uncalled for.
Especially from a rather new forum member.
You might think you know how things work and you might believe every word an uninformed ebay costumer service rep has to say but believe it or not theres is plenty you do NOT know.
Be a tad more respectful cause with that attitude YOU will not get far.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
An0nym0u$ (06-12-2014), BigCJ (06-11-2014), pokerpro (06-10-2014), unkown5454 (06-10-2014)
Old 06-10-2014

Longevity: 59%

That selling hard and fast, to get the most raises, is simply not true.....I've done 35 stealth accounts, and that just does not apply to my experience on raises to my accounts. That, and if a 1st level ebay rep told you he had that info, and you believe that?....Well, then you're probably waiting up for Santa and putting something out for the Easter Bunny.

Sorry, but I've talked to too many ebay reps over the last 16 years to A. believe they know. B. believe they would tell you if they did...sounds like you got a rep with an ego that felt the need to impress you with his ebay "inside" knowledge.

Last edited by pokerpro; 06-10-2014 at 10:17 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pokerpro For This Useful Post:
aspkin (06-12-2014), BigCJ (06-11-2014), BiN4RY (06-13-2014), Chance (09-02-2014), Dmshark25 (06-10-2014), unkown5454 (06-10-2014)
Old 06-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Longevity: 76%

This literally sounds like the rep was trying to trick you into destroying any future account you ever make.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (06-11-2014), Dmshark25 (06-10-2014), pokerpro (06-10-2014), Sandy D (06-12-2014)
Old 06-10-2014

Your funny Black_Label, I honestly enjoy all your posts😄😄😄. Very entertaining
Old 06-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
I do not.

Totally out of order to speak like that.

Avoid giving him encouragement.

Old 06-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpro View Post
That selling hard and fast, to get the most raises, is simply not true.....I've done 35 stealth accounts, and that just does not apply to my experience on raises to my accounts. That, and if a 1st level ebay rep told you he had that info, and you believe that?....Well, then you're probably waiting up for Santa and putting something out for the Easter Bunny.

Sorry, but I've talked to too many ebay reps over the last 16 years to A. believe they know. B. believe they would tell you if they did...sounds like you got a rep with an ego that felt the need to impress you with his ebay "inside" knowledge.
Selling hard and fast does work. However, your account should already have previous sales and feedback.

My limit was 10/1000 and I listed these DVDS and eBay increased my limits to 100/5000 overnight. My limit was 10/1000 before. Keep in mind I already had previous transactions and feedback from previous months.

This method works but only on somewhat established accounts.
Old 06-11-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Cheers mate, I knew you would understand it was just a joke. This place needs a little loosening up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
I do not.

Totally out of order to speak like that.

Avoid giving him encouragement.

It was a joke, as you can see in my reply to your PM.

As for the rest, I never said exactly how much to sell, in what period of time did I? I may be new to the forums, but in the one month I have been here I have created 50+ stealths and have increased 20+ to 100/5000 limits, multiple others in various limit ranges. And this is by choice because frankly, I have a life outside of my computer so I do not have the time to manage/ship items everyday. I have a well paying day job, Physician Assistant. So all this, is a hobby. So lighten up, take some risk. So what if an account gets burned trying something new? At least you can cross a method off a list.
Dashawn (06-13-2014)
Old 06-11-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Longevity: 76%

No, this wasn't a joke. Nice try kiddo.

Say something stupid then try and tell us how awesome you are at ste/alth.

Take your stories to Facebook, Twitter, etc.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (06-11-2014), BiN4RY (06-13-2014), pokerpro (06-11-2014)
Old 06-11-2014

Longevity: 77%

Dmshark - seeing as your first post is straight to the point, I will tell you something and this info is here for anyone else.

I put to test calling in, I wanted to prove that half of the stuff on this forum is clearly to deter folk from doing exactly that.

I used 1 phone number, caller ID withheld and changed IP on each new user account.

All these were business accounts and called in to trust & safety, spoke with a different person every time, googled a supplier for my products on these 4 accounts. I wasn't actually selling any of the products that this supplier sells to retailers but wanted to test to see what would happen. As long as you are good at talking and have all the info right in front of you I don't know what the problem is. I received a mixture of increased limits within 3 minutes of being on the phone up to 200 items on one of them! Hey, on other accounts that aren't including in these 4 accounts I got 110 / £10,000 but on that account wanted invoices, worked a treat with 5 mins of being creative.

All of these accounts are still strong and have been for a long time. I wouldn't advise calling in once you have established an account with feedback as you are then more likely to be asked for invoices.

Last edited by GreenBean; 06-11-2014 at 05:25 AM.
Old 06-11-2014

Longevity: 59%

Mooch...you're basing "it works" on one account?? No, it doesn't work...some accounts that you sell fast may get limits raised, but it wasn't because of that....honestly, the naivety of your post makes me at a loss for words.......
Old 06-11-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callidus View Post
Some the information on this forum is just.....ummm....wonderful!

Dmshark - seeing as your first post is straight to the point, I will tell you something and this info is here for anyone else.

I put to test calling in, I wanted to prove that half of the stuff on this forum is clearly to deter folk from doing exactly that.

I used 1 phone number, caller ID withheld and changed IP on each new user account.

All these were business accounts and called in to trust & safety, spoke with a different person every time, googled a supplier for my products on these 4 accounts. I wasn't actually selling any of the products that this supplier sells to retailers but wanted to test to see what would happen. As long as you are good at talking and have all the info right in front of you I don't know what the problem is. I received a mixture of increased limits within 3 minutes of being on the phone up to 200 items on one of them! Hey, on other accounts that aren't including in these 4 accounts I got 110 / £10,000 but on that account wanted invoices, worked a treat with 5 mins of being creative.

All of these accounts are still strong and have been for a long time. I wouldn't advise calling in once you have established an account with feedback as you are then more likely to be asked for invoices.

Exactly, once you get to the higher threshold then just make another. It's much better to have 10 high limit accounts than 100 low limits.
Dashawn (06-13-2014)
Old 06-11-2014

Quote:
Some the information on this forum is just.....ummm....wonderful!

Your talking about calling in for a brand new account with no selling history, so yea you can try and talk and make things up

I'm speaking more on say an account you been selling on for 3-4 months and is still at 10/1000, in this case you can't make things up they look to see what you are selling and need to see receipts on the actual items

If u are going to call it's definitely easier to try and raise limits on an account with no selling history as opposed to an account with history
Old 06-11-2014
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

I'm not sure whats more breathtaking, the op's arrogance or naiveity.

Never beleive a word ebay reps say. They make it up to get you off the phone. Infact, they often tell you things that openly break ebays rules and regulations.

To beleive you have inside knowledge based on what one said, is frankly laughable.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (06-11-2014), GreenBean (06-11-2014), pokerpro (06-11-2014), unkown5454 (06-11-2014)
Old 06-11-2014

Quote:
Your talking about calling in for a brand new account with no selling history, so yea you can try and talk and make things up

I'm speaking more on say an account you been selling on for 3-4 months and is still at 10/1000, in this case you can't make things up they look to see what you are selling and need to see receipts on the actual items

If u are going to call it's definitely easier to try and raise limits on an account with no selling history as opposed to an account with history
Still can be done fairly easily as long as you have everything in order and you don't try and be too smart on the phone, playing dumb always wins.
Old 06-11-2014

It's a lack of experience, as you operate more and get experience you realize how things really work

In the beginning everyone is very trusting of eBay because they have no idea of how they work but slowly you realize that everything that they tell you is actually the opposite of what you should actually do
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (06-11-2014)
Old 06-11-2014

And the thing is it's not that they are lying it's just that the reps are trained and told what to say and what to tell the sellers, but they are not the ones in control of your account

It's all a deceptive system, the reps are friendly try and get info from you, that info is documented they tell you everything is great

And than that info is documented and passed on to people that actually control your accounts , so you can have a great conversation with a rep even get a limit increase and 3 days to a week later get the mc999 indefinite selling restriction
Old 06-11-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Still can be done fairly easily as long as you have everything in order and you don't try and be too smart on the phone, playing dumb always wins.
Please be more careful saying this.

You are posting a picture to complete nebwies that this is easily done.

It took you a real long time to learn to have everything in order.....

let's hope that message is getting across.

I go along with Dmshark.

Better to run the accounts carefully and avoid having them flagged.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (06-11-2014)
Old 06-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Please be more careful saying this.

You are posting a picture to complete nebwies that this is easily done.

It took you a real long time to learn to have everything in order.....

let's hope that message is getting across.

I go along with Dmshark.

Better to run the accounts carefully and avoid having them flagged.

No, not posting any picture. I'm simply telling of my experiences with eBay & PayPal, which is 100% the truth. Whether a noob decides to read what I wrote and take it as gospel then that is their problem, they need to read around more.

Information above is correct, do be careful when calling but calling on a new account can be done with due diligence.
Old 06-11-2014

You need to also be more descriptive, I think you are calling In on new accounts with no selling history correct??

There is always a risk but I'd rather take a risk on an account never used, and if this is the case than that is the reason you are not scrutinized over the items that u have sold.

You may be asked what you will sell etc.. And yes you can have everything in order and try an talk to get limit raises

But someone new may think , and this is including myself that you are calling in on accounts that you have been selling on for the last 3-4 months that been stuck on a low limit an need a raise

now this is an entirely new scenario and if this is the case that you are easily getting raises on many accounts with a 3-4 month selling history and not being hassled with specific invoices on your items as I mentioned in earlier post than what your saying may of worked for a couple accounts and is not easy and not recommended at all
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (06-11-2014)