First Bank Account closure. NATWEST - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 03-05-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default Re: First Bank Account closure. NATWEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
You'd have a thought by now banks would fill an empty market and offer basic business accounts for people who can't get accepted for normal business accounts.

A friend of mine had a ccj and couldn't get one, whilst starting his new business he had chequers for over £55k and no bank to accept them... Eventually got one after a few months.. But still...
did he clear the amount owed on the ccj and clear his history ? If he didnt and he had £55k i would not give him a bank account
The Following User Says Thank You to arktech For This Useful Post:
delboy (01-02-2022)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-05-2016

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by arktech View Post
did he clear the amount owed on the ccj and clear his history ? If he didnt and he had £55k i would not give him a bank account
I have no idea, don't see him as much nowadays.
Old 03-05-2016

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
It doesn't work like that, you can't just clear your history. Even if you pay off the CCJ the very day it is issued it will still stay on your credit file for 6 years.
Old 03-05-2016

Longevity: 47%

Quote:
should have read ..
when you complain i think they have 30 days to give you a final response.
I think it is 60 days
Old 03-05-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

I never use a business account. I stay under the radar by using basic savings so nothing shows up on my credit file.
As regards how much you can have go through, just remember that even the most basic accounts are allowed to have up to £1M. Now with a little 'engineering' I got a CS at halifax to believe that I was an employee working remotely as a chief content writer so I get paid via paypal. I figured once they thought the money was my wages, they'll look over any funds. I've had over £60K + go through in less than one year.

The same is on for smile, natwest and santander but I've barely had any substantial amount in these yet.
Old 03-05-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeals View Post
It doesn't work like that, you can't just clear your history. Even if you pay off the CCJ the very day it is issued it will still stay on your credit file for 6 years.
The fact that the debt is cleared is important to other lenders so it should be done. if the debt is uncleared then i would not offer credit would you ?
Old 03-05-2016

Quote:
The fact that the debt is cleared is important to other lenders so it should be done. if the debt is uncleared then i would not offer credit would you ?
It makes little difference once it gets to the stage of CCJ as you have already gone way past the default stage and the CCJ will still be on your record for 6 years anyway. Matters not if you pay a £300 in one go on day 1 or a £1 a week for 6 years. The effect of having the CCJ is the same.
Old 03-05-2016

Actually, after doing some research on the CCJ issue i found out that if after judgement you pay in full within 1 month, the CCJ gets removed from your record:

Removing judgments: paying within a month

If you pay your county court judgment in full within one month of the judgment date, it will be removed from the register.

You may have to tell the court this yourself – the person you owed money to may not have done so.
Step by step guide to removing judgments:

Here’s what to do if you paid within a month

Search the register First, search the register to see what is recorded against you. If a county court judgment is shown, and you paid in full within a month, you can apply to have the judgment removed.

Contact the court This will be the court where your case was last dealt with. There is a form to fill out, and you’ll need to know the claim number.

Get confirmation You’ll also need written confirmation from the person you owed the money to (so get a receipt). If you can’t get a confirmation from the person you owed money to, the court will write to them for you.
Old 03-06-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeals View Post
Actually, after doing some research on the CCJ issue i found out that if after judgement you pay in full within 1 month, the CCJ gets removed from your record:

Removing judgments: paying within a month

If you pay your county court judgment in full within one month of the judgment date, it will be removed from the register.

You may have to tell the court this yourself – the person you owed money to may not have done so.
Step by step guide to removing judgments:

Here’s what to do if you paid within a month

Search the register First, search the register to see what is recorded against you. If a county court judgment is shown, and you paid in full within a month, you can apply to have the judgment removed.

Contact the court This will be the court where your case was last dealt with. There is a form to fill out, and you’ll need to know the claim number.

Get confirmation You’ll also need written confirmation from the person you owed the money to (so get a receipt). If you can’t get a confirmation from the person you owed money to, the court will write to them for you.
I WILL NOT SAY I TOLD YOU SO lol NAR NAR NA NAR NAR
Old 03-06-2016

Quote:
I WILL NOT SAY I TOLD YOU SO lol NAR NAR NA NAR NAR
Well you didn't it is only a 30 day window.
Old 03-06-2016

Back to the original subject my lloyds account was closed today, I think the reason was opening and closing savings too fast. Just to let you know if anybody is doing the same.
Old 03-06-2016

Yes, more likely the reason why. Although some say Lloyds don't like mismatched names, but.. Got 5 accounts with them on stealths for over 8 months with no problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocomiel View Post
Back to the original subject my lloyds account was closed today, I think the reason was opening and closing savings too fast. Just to let you know if anybody is doing the same.
Old 03-06-2016

Does anyone know what happens with the money in the bank account, I called the bank and they told me I should receive a cheque. If thats the case, how long does it take to arrive ? thanks.
Old 03-07-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocomiel View Post
Does anyone know what happens with the money in the bank account, I called the bank and they told me I should receive a cheque. If thats the case, how long does it take to arrive ? thanks.

Go to the bank with your bank card and they will give you the cash. You have to go to the help desk before going to the cashier because they will have to phone to get you to be able to withdraw over the counter.
Old 03-07-2016
Banned

Longevity: 91%

You'll be lucky if they don't hold it for 60 days from the date of closure they are entitled to. Make a little bit more % interest on your funds of course UK really is an amazing place!
Old 03-07-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetus View Post
You'll be lucky if they don't hold it for 60 days from the date of closure they are entitled to. Make a little bit more % interest on your funds of course UK really is an amazing place!

No they don't hold your cash, they give you 60 days to get your money out. I'll find the letter out and post it up tomorrow.
The Following User Says Thank You to spindoctor For This Useful Post:
realdeals (03-08-2016)
Old 03-08-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 56%

Called Natwest yesterday, they say I can just go down and show ID to get the funds out.
I think I must have been flagged after opening 4 saving accounts of the back of the current account in the same day back in December, (not my fault though! their website had a glitch I only meant to open 1 account it kept crashing so I applied again, next day I had 4 savings accounts LOL.)
The Following User Says Thank You to ghettotige For This Useful Post:
realdeals (03-08-2016)
Old 03-08-2016

Yep, Just a formality.

Same happened with me, opening too many savings account within a short period of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettotige View Post
Called Natwest yesterday, they say I can just go down and show ID to get the funds out.
I think I must have been flagged after opening 4 saving accounts of the back of the current account in the same day back in December, (not my fault though! their website had a glitch I only meant to open 1 account it kept crashing so I applied again, next day I had 4 savings accounts LOL.)
The Following User Says Thank You to spindoctor For This Useful Post:
realdeals (03-08-2016)
Old 03-08-2016

Longevity: 55%

U.K. Financial Ombudsman pretty crap, can be treated atrociously by banks, complain to Ombudsman and months later they respond that they are hand in glove with the banks so have the financial clout of zilch and simply do not have the power to make the banks do anything! So all in all a pretty useless entity.
Old 03-08-2016
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
No they don't hold your cash, they give you 60 days to get your money out. I'll find the letter out and post it up tomorrow.
Stop chatting balls, they CAN and DO hold your money for that 60 days! In this case with the OP no but they can ask for invoices for every single payment that went through the account

Last edited by vetus; 03-08-2016 at 07:22 AM.
Old 03-08-2016
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
U.K. Financial Ombudsman pretty crap, can be treated atrociously by banks, complain to Ombudsman and months later they respond that they are hand in glove with the banks so have the financial clout of zilch and simply do not have the power to make the banks do anything! So all in all a pretty useless entity.
Correct Ombudsmen is just a petty waste of time, all in bed together with the banks so no chance of winning.
The Following User Says Thank You to vetus For This Useful Post:
RosieTosie (03-08-2016)
Old 03-08-2016

Quote:
Quote:
Stop chatting balls, they CAN and DO hold your money for that 60 days! In this case with the OP no but they can ask for invoices for every single payment that went through the account

Talking to yourself is one of the first signs of madness.

Once you start arguing with yourself and replying to your own comments on a forum, well that would most definitely appear to be straight jacket time.

I hope the accounts you sell are more stable than you.

Last edited by realdeals; 03-08-2016 at 07:16 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to realdeals For This Useful Post:
spindoctor (03-08-2016)