Vero Workarounds... VERO Work Arounds - How to get around / avoid VERO! - Page 5 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk

Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk VeRO, Seller Non Performance, Trademark misuse, 7-Day Suspension, MC999, New Account Limitations, Non-Payment, Abusing eBay and Whatever else eBay comes up with.

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%

Checked the item and ups is how it is delivered. If goes overseas, there's the profit on
shipping.

Old 06-16-2008

Longevity: 91%
Default Vero & Mobile Phones

Hey all,

What a great forum

My question is, my account is over 30 days, 1 feedback only from buying.
I've listed 2 Nokia 8800's.

Is there Vero on mobile phones??

Would love to know asap, cheers and regards
Old 06-18-2008

My account has been suspended by Vero twice, the second time for good.
All items I sold were authentic and most often used. I offered Vero or brand name companies involved to bring my items to their offices in for inspection since I live in New York. They would not care less, nobody cares. I have a strong feeling that the employees enjoy closing account of those who do well on ebay since the sellers make more money than the people on ebay somewhere in the middle of nowwhere... Additionally, what can happen is other sellers report a seller who sells similar items to cease the competition. It is a ugly game and some people get hurt while others win...
Too bad ebay does not have competition so we can simply change gares.
I had 100% feedback after 1000 transactions and believe me Ebay could care less about my efforts. I truly do not understand who stand behind ebay, I start to feel more and more than the emploees simply play some kind of game that makes their little lives feel little better. I do not feel that for solid sellers like me there should be as hard punishment, closing my account indefinitely, for no reason. Vero is bogus, they give no answers, they can not proove their point. Ebay became a real dictatorship...
they give no real answers, they do as they please..
I wonder how long their business will trive... hopefully somebody will wake up and change the rules, that do not protect the rights of those who have been working very hard and honestly so long for ebay...
Maestro

Last edited by Maestro; 06-18-2008 at 06:39 PM.
Old 06-19-2008

Longevity: 92%

I once had a listing for the CECT P168 pulled for trademark
infringment. Turned out it was because I had "Iphone clone"
in the title.
I think you can get away with listing the Nokia 8800 copies,
so long as you don't call them Nokia, or compare them to
Nokia visually, you can compare the features in the description.
Maybe best not post photos showing the nokia logo either.
I think the whole thing is a grey area, but I've seen people
get away with it for a long time.
Old 06-19-2008

All you sell as legit if their good copies, just no imei, anyway im not selling them anymore i have a nice niche to play with
Old 06-19-2008

I've never seen a perfect copy, seen some very good ones,
but the sofware/menu system gave it away.
Old 06-19-2008

Longevity: 95%

GREG:
answer to your question--YES< mobile phones are still considered 'hot" items in ebay..(I do not sell them)-but i read the forums, boards in ebay--and alot of sellers complaining about their auctions getting taken down with cell phones... be careful
Old 06-22-2008

Good post. Thanks!
Old 06-22-2008

Yup it's real.

18 VeRO takedowns, 15 federal lawsuits, one currently going on and I'm still on eBay.

I do have the precedent setting case in the 10th District Court of Appeals stating that an NOCI gives the seller jurisdication.
Old 06-22-2008

Wow, you've been busy on my site.

We post cases as we find them to help other people.

People have used the arguments on my site to argue with VeRO members and get the takedown retracted.

What's sad is that some companies like Harley Davidson who used to be reasonable has crossed over to the dark side.

And so many companies have hired cyber cops to enforce things.

Read about Continential Enterprises - really nothing more then lawyers sending out extortion letters.
Old 06-22-2008

Longevity: 93%

tabberone.....what site do you own that you are referring to. seems interesting...
Old 06-22-2008

Longevity: 93%

never mind I found it.....
Old 06-22-2008

Longevity: 95%

Tabberone--Its a honor--Welcome!

Folks: Now this is the REAL DEAL--this lady KNOWS everything there is to know about VERO and then some!
She has taken on MOst of the GIANTS out there and won!

Tab: Were all sitting here--cause most of us were at one time or another a 5,000 + PowerSeller till the new rules hit last fall--then Wammo--well, Im sure youve heard all the stories.. Weve got goods to sell, and trying to support our families and get back to selling..
Aspkin provides us a free forum to share opinions/get insights, and most of all get back to the Monster--(Ebay)--

AGAIN--Thanks for stopping by and dont be a stranger..
Old 06-23-2008

And the reason for the fight?

M&M/Mars served me a 396 page 4 lb lawsuit in which they threatened to bankrupct me. I think they were hoping we would go away quietly but they scared us so badly with the threat that we fought back.

And when we did they settled. We had talked settlement before but it went no where, once we filed papers they overnighted a settlement agreement.

What I really like about that? The law firm who thought it was a good idea to sue us had represented M&M/Mars for 20+ years and were the VeRO member on eBay. Shortly after Mars settled with us I noticed that the VeRO member on eBay is a different law firm.

I can only hope the first law firm lost their huge account.
Old 06-25-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudrat26 View Post
Hi all,

you may have seen a few recent posts I've had to do with this new Vero bulls*it that ebay seem to be rolling out via what it appears to be a completly random automated system. Now like any system it has to be programmed and unless it is AI (they could afford it the greedy robbing ebay ****ers) which i doubt, then it will be working to a set of pre determined rules. So what may appear to be random is probably not and thus can be beaten. Now what I want to achive with this thread is a general concessus of what is happening to people in relation to vero. What I don't want is pie in sky rubbish, the well I think this is happening or that is happening sh*t. I want as much as possible to be built on solid facts. I am particularly insterested in members who have had non vero items taking out i.e. items which don't violate vero specifically, these tend to get the Vero email which does not state a vero owner. Input from others is fine, but I would like to try to at least address the sellers on here who are getting vero'ed for items that should not be getting vero'ed at all. Maybe if we crack that it will also help the listing of more dubious items but what I'm primarily interesed in is items which are getting done by this randon non vero spcific system. Some keys questions which if answered could help:

1) What categories were you items listed in?(we can then see if it is category heavy or specific)

2) What items were taken out?(in my case it was photos, montages and mosaics)

3) How many veros did you get before suspension?(in my cases had 3 lots before suspension on the 4th)

4) Did you have the same titles and descroptions each time or did you amend them to then get them taken out again?

5) Was a powerseller or established big seller in the same market and is he/she still trading? (in my case yes and yes)

6) Was your account less than 30 day old, 30 - 90 days, 90 - 360 or 360+ days old (mine was 30 - 90 days)

7) How many positive feedbacks did you have less than 10, 10 - 100, 100 - 50, 500 - 1000, 1000+ (I had 10 - 100)

I think this can get us started as we can maybe start to narrow down what the system is looking for, obviously it is up to people to reveal as much as they want, but I think if we can gather as much information as possible we can then start to disect it and look at possible ways around it. Hopefull aspkin can include it in an ebook if we can get some positive stuff from this.

Thanks for your time and hopefully we will beat the monster we made !!!!!!
I dont know if you are still compiling the info, but it took around 10 to get me kicked off. Most were vero emails with no rights owners, just ambiguous. One was from HBO and thanks to them, I found out that the listing they pulled off WAS a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ (at least they said it was. I doubt it, but at least HBO contacted me vs just ebay). The last few were actually re-lists. I didn't do anything different as the original listings. They were kicked off in a matter of minuets and my account was suspended. I fax the info off to the number today (this all happened last night) and I am demanding answers.
Old 06-26-2008

Hi guys,nice to see this forum.Is maybe the key to sell freely to become a business seller?i notice that business sellers sell massively AND vero items also!!!
Old 06-26-2008

but how do you do that?
Old 07-02-2008

Default Avoiding VERO removals?

Is there a way to avoid having items (genuine!) removed by the VERO scheme?

I ask as on a couple of new accounts, anything i list seems to be removed straight away!

I looked at other sellers listings as theirs never seem to get removed- they all had GENUINE in the title and also all had the same picture! I may try putting GENUINE in the title and also using that picture (they are not intellectual property right owner of the said picture)

Could this possibly be rival sellers reporting my items? The ironic thing is, my items are all genuine and they have removed them saying they are counterfit!
Old 07-02-2008

YES, you said it. it's usually your competiter. let me explain, i was the only one selling this particular item right. well this buyr bought from me, then i noticed soon after he started selling my same item now it was only me and him. so i called him and he basically sad f me anf f this etc. so i had to except him selling but was a POS for doing it. soon after me and him became freinds and started sharing our stuff. soon after my account was suspended for fees etc. so i made new accounts and the next 3 accounts i made were all suspended due to be linked to suspended user. i found out that that dude was the one reporting my accounts he knew was me. he backstabbed me bigtime. so i was pissed i did some research and contacted some big manufacturers he was using logos from for his items. and told them he is not a license seller of the logo and is infringing on copyright. soon after his auctions were gone and he was suspended. KARMA got him
Old 07-02-2008

So do you reckon competitors are reporting me via the ''report listing'' link on my auctions, or writing to the rights holder directly?

What would you suggest i do to combat this, obviously i am stuck with an inventory of many items that i cannot sell. Luckily my inventory is huge though, so it's not just these.

I might have to start reporting them :D
Old 07-02-2008

What are you selling wushu?
Old 07-02-2008

Many ranges of items mate, ranges i cannot reveal i am afriad :D

But wide, varying ranges none the less.
Closed Thread