Item not delivered but tracking info says it was - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 11-30-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default Item not delivered but tracking info says it was

Hi I ordered a phone off ebay. The tracking number the seller has given shows it has been delivered but I haven't received anything. I'm the only one who lives at this address so it can't have been signed for by anyone else. I've seen the name and signature and I don't recognise it.

I paid as a PayPal guest so I'm over covered under Paypal protection not ebays protection.

Should do I do? I'm worried if I open a not received case the buyer will simply submit tracking info and I will loose.

This is an unusual situation and I'm not sure how to best play it

Thanks for your advise.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-30-2016

Longevity: 64%
Send a message via ICQ to easy.bake.oven
Default Re: Item not delivered but tracking info says it was

If you paid by credit card, your card company will get your money back as a last resort.
Old 11-30-2016
Threadstarter  

Hi thanks for your reply yes I did pay by credit card but the total was under £100 and it's my understanding that full section 75 credit card protection doesn't apply to purchases under £100?
Old 11-30-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 54%

If it's says delivered you will not get any money back either from ebay, paypal or credit card company worth try see if you get but as long as seller can provide tracking no where the item delivered from your local delivery office (for roaylmail) then they simply decline your claim if you make appeal they may ask for proof of postage from seller and once it's provided your appeal will be declined
Old 12-01-2016

Longevity: 66%

call credit card company and tell then you want to initiate a chargeback they will talk you through it then
Old 12-01-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

If the seller has uploaded tracking then they are not at fault, they would not get compensated if it shows as delivered.

- possibly the courier has messed up, there is no requirement for signature either for that price purchase.

to be honest, it bothers me when a seller has done their end of the bargain, and gets a chargeback or a case refunded to buyer...

if ebay wants to refund the buyer, it should be from their own pocket...

anyway, if there is tracking, delivered from your local PO, then you will probably lose a case, but not always....

Last edited by oompaloompa; 12-01-2016 at 07:23 AM.
Old 12-01-2016

Longevity: 64%
Send a message via ICQ to easy.bake.oven

Credit card companies sort you out even if its 1p on their card so if buying anything, pay some of it on credit card and the credit card company will cover the whole amount.

I saw it on tv... we all believe whats on tv
It was that martin lewis guy.

I have purchased stuff from China and it was not sent via tracked but they have a scam way of entering tracking and it works and they did not even send with tracking!!!

I dont know which country you purchased your item from but I though I would mention it.

I personally have good faith in your card company refunding all your money, but I am no expert, I just saw a tv program on the news in UK.
Old 12-01-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy.bake.oven View Post
Credit card companies sort you out even if its 1p on their card so if buying anything, pay some of it on credit card and the credit card company will cover the whole amount.

I saw it on tv... we all believe whats on tv
It was that martin lewis guy.

I have purchased stuff from China and it was not sent via tracked but they have a scam way of entering tracking and it works and they did not even send with tracking!!!

I dont know which country you purchased your item from but I though I would mention it.

I personally have good faith in your card company refunding all your money, but I am no expert, I just saw a tv program on the news in UK.
Yes I saw that program too. My understanding was they said if it's over £100 and you pay just 1p on a credit card you're covered under section 75 as the credit card company is classed as joint supplier for any goods over £100 even if you only make part payment on the card e.g pay a deposit on card and cash for the rest.
Old 12-01-2016

Longevity: 51%

If you can print out the signature, it may be best to ask the delivery person who signed the parcel? It has been known that buyers scribble fictitious names to later claim a purchase has not been received. Not saying that is the case with this but if you could find the local carrier show him the signature it may refresh the memory of WHO actually signed, often they're in a rush just to pass off a package. USPS is currently doing that, but they upload LEFT WITH INDIVIDUAL.
Old 12-02-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
If the seller has uploaded tracking then they are not at fault, they would not get compensated if it shows as delivered.

-s....
tell me about a signature on a portable device ?
Old 12-02-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by arktech View Post
not sure what you mean.

but carriers have different options, sometimes a signature delivery confirmation is different option to the delivery confirmation where the postal work just scans the parcel when delivered, and this acts as confirmationation online...
Old 12-03-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
not sure what you mean.

but carriers have different options, sometimes a signature delivery confirmation is different option to the delivery confirmation where the postal work just scans the parcel when delivered, and this acts as confirmationation online...
I do not trust my hermes and piss'ole2go drivers usually the same. they sign the device thingy and leave your box oustisde.
Old 12-03-2016

Longevity: 55%

Quote:

If a courier delivers it they usually have a scanner with them that has a marker pen type thing with it, you just sign on the scanner using that pen thing, so there is still a signature for the item even tho' courier has a portable scanner.
Old 12-08-2016

Longevity: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernendo View Post
Hi I ordered a phone off ebay. The tracking number the seller has given shows it has been delivered but I haven't received anything. I'm the only one who lives at this address so it can't have been signed for by anyone else. I've seen the name and signature and I don't recognise it.

I paid as a PayPal guest so I'm over covered under Paypal protection not ebays protection.

Should do I do? I'm worried if I open a not received case the buyer will simply submit tracking info and I will loose.

This is an unusual situation and I'm not sure how to best play it

Thanks for your advise.
Long time seller on eBay here.

Do not request a chargeback or refund. It's not the sellers fault, nor yours, it's the middle man. (If the seller is legit).

1. Collect details:
Request all details of the sent parcel from your seller - courier used, tracking ID, proof of receipt. Was the parcel insured/covered?

2. Find out if the seller is legit or not:
Contact courier and makes sure all these details match and are correct. If courier confirms and states as received then the seller is legit.

If not, the the seller is not legit and you need to act on the seller, chargeback, case, action fraud etc.

If the seller is legit:
3. contact the seller again and instruct them to raise an internal investigation with the courier used, quite often the courier will compare the collected signature with previous signatures and contact the delivery office. The seller can recover the money for you via insurance (if taken out when posting) or the parcel may be found.

If you have received the parcel and are lying, beware. As i'm legit i always contact action fraud to create a case against the buyer (if tracking shows delivered)

Last edited by rgking94; 12-08-2016 at 08:03 AM.
Old 12-09-2016

if no one wants to refund you call your debit / credit card company and tell them you wish to initiate a chargeback. Let the supplier and their bank dal with your credit card debit card company. if their systems show a signature on an electronic device then they cannot use that at all especially when it does not match the signature registered with your credit card debit card company when you applied for your card
Old 12-09-2016
MU

Longevity: 45%

Does the city it was signed for in match the city where you live?
Old 12-09-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
if no one wants to refund you call your debit / credit card company and tell them you wish to initiate a chargeback. Let the supplier and their bank dal with your credit card debit card company. if their systems show a signature on an electronic device then they cannot use that at all especially when it does not match the signature registered with your credit card debit card company when you applied for your card
If OP used a credit card with chargeback coverage...
Old 12-11-2016

Longevity: 45%

Quote:
I do not trust my hermes and piss'ole2go drivers usually the same. they sign the device thingy and leave your box oustisde.
so sender paid for cheapest service 'no signature'
Old 12-12-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Will not make any differnce If seller upload the tracking information it does not matter signed by who paypl will refuse this