Buyer claimed unauthorized use of account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 05-18-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 32%
Send a message via Skype™ to winge00
Default Buyer claimed unauthorized use of account

Hi, I sold a digital item on ebay and delivered via email, now buyer claimed unauthorized use of his account and made a claim on paypal, I have provide email delivery screenshots to paypal? how likely am I going to be alright here?

Please shed some light? and also what can I do better to save myself from this hassle.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-18-2019

Send a message via Skype™ to jas
Default Re: Buyer claimed unauthorized use of account

Long term if you plan to send our digital delivery then I would recommend you also send out a copy of the code/digital item via registered mail also so you can provide tracking info.

From my experience you don't stand a chance fighting this. Digital products is one of the hardest areas to sell on ebay
Old 05-18-2019
Banned

Longevity: 43%

Unless he really thought ahead and took measures to make it look like he really got hacked at the time of payment (hardly anyone ever does), he will lose. PayPal will be able to check and see that he was the one who sent the payment.

What an incompetent scammer. If he wanted to stand a chance, he should have simply claimed non-receipt, which he most likely would win.
Old 05-18-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Long term if you plan to send our digital delivery then I would recommend you also send out a copy of the code/digital item via registered mail also so you can provide tracking info.

From my experience you don't stand a chance fighting this. Digital products is one of the hardest areas to sell on ebay
He had two different email addresses, one for ebay and one for paypal. I sent on both.
Old 05-18-2019
Threadstarter  

Is there any other best way to deliver a digital item a part from sending via email? because I get many people says did not received it, when I say check spam and junk as well then 50 percent says received and other still deny.
Old 05-21-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsierngue View Post
Unless he really thought ahead and took measures to make it look like he really got hacked at the time of payment (hardly anyone ever does), he will lose. PayPal will be able to check and see that he was the one who sent the payment.

What an incompetent scammer. If he wanted to stand a chance, he should have simply claimed non-receipt, which he most likely would win.
That's certainly not a given. Seller is still skating on thin ice.

If the buyer's funding source was a credit card, the seller could still face another claim.

Some of the staffs who act on these cases just don't follow their own published rules.
Late last year, PayPal approved a case for me to return a (four-figure) device that was slightly not as described.
The seller wasn't in for delivery and someone mistakenly refused the package - which naturally came back to me.

I contacted PayPal to send me a label to send off the device again as I wasn't going to be out of pocket for guaranteed delivery a second time.
Paypal declined. They took a snapshot of the postie's return stamp, closed the case in my favour and asked me to keep the item.
Old 06-01-2019
Threadstarter  

I have lost the case at paypal and scammber buyer won,

PP says
Intangible goods or services are not covered under Seller Protection.

This is a loss of just under £100,
How to be on safe side next time, if all or most buyers started making claims then how come sellers going to earn some money.

Please advise any experts here.