old bank account - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 11-25-2009
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Why is your flag Ukraine? Are you in the UK now and come from The Ukraine?
YUP...Flag is Scotland.

Best way to tell is to "right-click" on the flag and "click" on properties. That will say what flag it is.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-25-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjack1980 View Post
I think u will find that is the good old scottish flag GB.... unless I am going mad lol

As to further advice I'm to confused now lol.

CaptainJack
ffs, should so not post with coffee on the monitor. Doh LOL. NEXT!
Old 11-25-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

^^^^Yes,Robt. I know that. I was distracted. That's my story & I'm sticking to it
Old 11-29-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 83%
Default new paypal account

captainjack can you help me with one more thing? i am now back on ebay and have been for one full day!!!! longer than before....so something must have worked! now i think i need a paypal account so i can pay straight away and be covered for items, the only thing i can think of just now would be to use my sons account ? can i enter the bank details on paypal but change the name to my stealth name? but i still have the problem of address details? driving me nuts as the address i used with ebay was an old address, is there anyway around the address thing? as people out there are using pre paid cards.....how do they receive items?
Old 11-29-2009
Threadstarter  

i have just read that paypal can only see bank details like account number etc and cant see the name and address....is this right? but if i put in my proper name and address would it not still be linked to my old suspended accounts?
Old 11-29-2009

Longevity: 85%

Yes this is true... Paypal will not be able to compare the details they hold with the details your bank hold (as with Credit/Debit Card AVS). As long as the Sort Code/Account number you enter into PayPal is correct you will likely have no problems.

It is advisable to not use your address if it was linked to a previously suspended account. However if all you intend to do is buy you MAY get away with using your address with all new name/DOB/IP etc. etc. It is a risk but maybe worth trying if you reject all the options that have been suggested previously on this thread.

CaptainJack.
Old 11-29-2009
Threadstarter  

what would you suggest? how do you do it?....as i say this is my only problem...the address, my sons bank account has a debit card....is this ok? i know i would probably be taking a risk by entering the same address....also my other paypal account is still open due to funds waiting to clear by paypal (3 weeks)

how do other people like yourself do it? do you still get items set to your own address? if its too much hassle i can pay by cash or postal order just now but i do eventually want to get back into selling but not right now.....just happy...touch wood....that my new ebay account is still active. my only other alternative would be my sons bank account details and my mums address but i'm sure i used this for a primary address on an ebay account!!

also would the address that i gave ebay have to match paypal?

sorry for being a pest...but you have helped me to open a new ebay account and hoping you could help with the final hurdle!!
Old 11-29-2009

1st: Just open your own bank account.... easy to do on the high street and saves a lot of hassle. Open it in your own name and with your details.

2nd: register with entropay.co.uk and get a virtual visa card from there. Use your own name/details. You can then add this to paypal and confirm/verify it with no worries about name/address matching because it doesn't matter with entropay.

3rd: Decide what you want out of your PayPal account. I would suggest you dedicate it to buying only. You can get away with more that way. Use the same deails as you have on your new ebay account and add your real address as a delivery option.... As I said this is risky... to minimise this try and introduce some variation into the address.

When you want to sell create dedicated stealth Ebay/PayPal accounts following the full stealth procedure.

CaptainJack.

Last edited by captainjack1980; 11-29-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old 11-29-2009
Threadstarter  

Default New paypal account

Sorry....lost me a bit! I have 2 other bank accounts i could use that are in my name but are all at the same address i got my ebay account suspended from....even have 5 kids with bank accounts but again all at the same address. If i use entropay for a virtual card.....do i give them my real details for the virtual card then use my new ebay name and address (alias) for paypal account so it matches with ebay.

Sorry!!
Old 11-29-2009

As long as the accounts haven't previously been used on Ebay/Paypal that's great. As we have already established PayPal won't see the details the bank hold for you so they are good to use.

And yes you sign up with your real details.... Entropay won't share your details with PayPal either, that's why they work so well for stealth accounts.

And yes use your alias details to register your new paypal account.

CaptainJack
Old 11-29-2009
Threadstarter  

yes but only problem with my alias address is obvisouly not my own....so how do i get it delivered to my own address....same problem. i could use my own bank details but the address is still a problem, if i could get round it some way even with entropay but i will have to match ebay and paypal and i have given ebay an old address of mine
Old 11-29-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

give bank and entropay real details, give ebay/paypal stealth details, the two do not find out about each other usually........
Old 11-29-2009

Add the address you want stuff sent to as a delivery/gift address on paypal....

CaptainJack
Old 11-29-2009
Executive [VIP]

^^^check that it wont link you though...never put gift address if it is suspended one
Old 11-29-2009

There in lies the problem.... beeb want's to use their own previously suspended address for buying. All other options have been suggested and rejected.

CaptainJack.
Old 11-29-2009
Executive [VIP]

beeb needs to be given the correct info, then beeb will do what beeb wishes...forum advise is keep suspended address from being inputted in to paypal, its common sense firstly and secondly a gift address properly done is when paypal actually confirms to seller by email that this is a bonafide registered gift address, to cover the seller protection aspect...

there is a way round if you want to follow this route, different name to suspended one, and slightly altered postcode on address, is it risky - a bit, but way less than exposing your full frontal suspended address IMO. But personally I would never do this for the sake of just buying or getting feedback, better to keep your address between personal emails once item is bought.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 11-29-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Old 11-29-2009
Threadstarter  

so more or less there's problems with wanting to buy things and get sent to my own address unless i stay away from paypal?
Old 11-29-2009

the correct info has been repeated several times on this thread.....

Using a variation on a suspended address has been discussed as being a successful method of account creation many times and a possible recourse for a buying only account that won't get to much scrutinisation.

CaptainJack
Old 11-29-2009
Executive [VIP]

You need to read carefully beeb, and dont use the f word there are ladies present!
option 1. check with seller that they will send to another address, they will answer yes or no or put it in as gift address on paypal, you go for the yes seller and buy item, you then have their personal email or ask for it if it is hidden and you give them address. This can sometimes go wrong, eg they send to pp address by mistake or they get nervy and want to have you input in to paypal.
option2. You use gift address on paypal, either a pobox (costly) or a variation of your real name and address, eg, different letter on end of postcode (so a parcel would get there)
Old 11-29-2009

Longevity: 84%

It's not uncommon for buyers to email the seller and ask to have the package shipped to a different adress, I get that all the time from buyers.
Old 11-29-2009
Threadstarter  

ok...so i could take a chance by mixing my proper address up a bit for paypal and hopefully it should get to me ok?

but my ebay address is completely different?

sorry if i am annoying you...just want to get it right before i go ahead
Old 11-29-2009

yes.... if your worried it won't get to you send a letter to yourself to double check.

and as to your ebay address being completely different... well that is the whole point of having a delivery/gift address....

You use your ebay address to create your paypal account then add a variation of your real address as the delivery address.

Unfortunately it is mostly a matter of trial and error. You have a goal you want to achieve. You have hopefully taken onboard all the advice given. Now it is time to go ahead and put it to the test.

CaptainJack

Last edited by captainjack1980; 11-29-2009 at 04:58 PM.