eBay UK - Managed Payments ? How will we stealth ? - Page 24 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Old 11-28-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 23%
Default Re: eBay UK - Managed Payments ? How will we stealth ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakzilla View Post
Many of us passed verification with stealth docs.
Recently? I had one full stealth pass in June, but in October and November two have failed, using good docs. I am interested to see if full stealth was viable in the first few months but since then they may have increased their checks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-28-2020

Longevity: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinzel View Post
Recently? I had one full stealth pass in June, but in October and November two have failed, using good docs. I am interested to see if full stealth was viable in the first few months but since then they may have increased their checks.
Yea I think they have stepped up there Checks now it will be harder to get a sheath account passed now
Old 11-28-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 29%

Not certain but I believe the issue may begin at the name on the bank account - with the new checking regime in the UK banking system unless the name passes muster to that account it will not work. I do not think mis-matched names are going to work going forward

But I am happy to be corrected

Old 11-28-2020
Threadstarter  

Activity: 10%
Longevity: 41%

Ok so from what I understand you guys think a solid "creative" documentation can still pass the checks as long as you are usuing the same name as on the bank account ?

This is the first i'm hearing of people passing the checks.
Old 11-28-2020

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblackdog View Post
Not certain but I believe the issue may begin at the name on the bank account - with the new checking regime in the UK banking system unless the name passes muster to that account it will not work. I do not think mis-matched names are going to work going forward

I don’t think it’s the bank accounts. I am using a business account that does not offer the name checking service. For my one account that passed I am regularly receiving payments. For the other two that failed the direct debit is showing on my account, meaning it was accepted by the Bank.
Old 11-29-2020

Longevity: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblackdog View Post

Mis-matched names work fo me on my bank account so it's not bank accounts that failed MP it will be the ID checks

Last edited by Uavmods; 11-29-2020 at 02:29 AM.
Old 11-29-2020

Activity: 1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by frustr8ed View Post
I don’t think it’s the bank accounts. I am using a business account that does not offer the name checking service. For my one account that passed I am regularly receiving payments. For the other two that failed the direct debit is showing on my account, meaning it was accepted by the Bank.
Would you be willing to share which bank you used? How do you know they do not offer the name checking service?
Old 11-29-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkzo View Post
Would you be willing to share which bank you used? How do you know they do not offer the name checking service?
Quick search of tinternet will tell you. If your bank doesn’t offer it or if it’s a mismatch, they will ask you to send them a bank statement instead.
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/new...-of-payee/amp/
The Following User Says Thank You to frustr8ed For This Useful Post:
Bigblackdog (11-29-2020)
Old 12-02-2020

Longevity: 53%

in terms of this though on a business account isn't your real name detailed on the application so although its a business named account that would still pass the verification rather than a personal account with different names,

Quote:
Quick search of tinternet will tell you. If your bank doesn’t offer it or if it’s a mismatch, they will ask you to send them a bank statement instead.
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/new...-of-payee/amp/
Old 12-04-2020
Banned

Longevity: 20%

https://ibb.co/ZxkWQDD
https://ibb.co/93vRYBc

2 snapshots above is what one of my friends sent to me today. He pretended he knows very little about MP on one of his accounts and CS gave him interesting answer. Is anything changing with MP being mandaroty?

Last edited by stich555; 12-04-2020 at 01:51 PM.
Old 12-08-2020

Ebay need a means of taking payment of an industrial scale so unless they are reversing the decision with paypal (which they aren't) then this will become mandatory
Old 12-08-2020
Threadstarter  

We are definitely all going to be forced to use MP whether it's today, tomorrow or by the end of 2021 (which is what they are projecting). Either way it's being rolled out in stages.

Enjoy Paypal while you have it. There was a time everybody hated Paypal. I remember back in the days people crying over PP freezing funds etc but now everyone wishes they could still use them !
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to james_112233 For This Useful Post:
Ill Be Back (12-08-2020), Soundofsilence (12-13-2020), StealthHarry (05-25-2021), warmfun (03-16-2021)
Old 12-08-2020

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
We are definitely all going to be forced to use MP whether it's today, tomorrow or by the end of 2021 (which is what they are projecting). Either way it's being rolled out in stages.

Enjoy Paypal while you have it. There was a time everybody hated Paypal. I remember back in the days people crying over PP freezing funds etc but now everyone wishes they could still use them !
This is pretty much true. Today all my business accounts have been given a deadline to register now which is the 18/01/2021. Prior to this is was just an encouragement to register.

James how are your managed payment stores going at the moment? I believe you said that 2 of them share the same names/details right.
Old 12-08-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill Be Back View Post
This is pretty much true. Today all my business accounts have been given a deadline to register now which is the 18/01/2021. Prior to this is was just an encouragement to register.

James how are your managed payment stores going at the moment? I believe you said that 2 of them share the same names/details right.
2 of them share the same real previously banned details and have had multiple payouts now on a weekly basis.

Touchwood they stay running great indefinitely.

My concern now is ebay will turn of the tap once MP is fully rolled out and they start addressing other things like checking the addresses of the "owners" of these MP enrolled accounts and find that many of them were previously banned years ago ...

Hopefully that won't happen. And even if it does they will let good performing sellers stay on. But it's a possibility and a worry.
Old 12-10-2020

I think the concern should be more with the links James, if you were to lose one account would the other soon follow

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
2 of them share the same real previously banned details and have had multiple payouts now on a weekly basis.

Touchwood they stay running great indefinitely.

My concern now is ebay will turn of the tap once MP is fully rolled out and they start addressing other things like checking the addresses of the "owners" of these MP enrolled accounts and find that many of them were previously banned years ago ...

Hopefully that won't happen. And even if it does they will let good performing sellers stay on. But it's a possibility and a worry.
Old 12-10-2020

I might be feasible to use a real name (and ID) and a stealth address (and proof of address) which may pose less risk of getting linked. I don’t have any accounts switching to MP in the near future but worth a try for anyone that has. I think the checks are being run on the photo ID rather than the proof of address. There is not really a way to check the latter.
Old 12-10-2020

Longevity: 31%

For anyone running a LTD company through eBay, when uploading your business bank statement are you also changing the business name on your eBay account to match the bank statement or just the personal name, or both?
Old 12-12-2020

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 39%

Thisisatestmessage
Old 12-17-2020

I had the same thought as you on this, verification may well just be the name and the bank so then names need to match but the address can be different,

Quote:
I might be feasible to use a real name (and ID) and a stealth address (and proof of address) which may pose less risk of getting linked. I don’t have any accounts switching to MP in the near future but worth a try for anyone that has. I think the checks are being run on the photo ID rather than the proof of address. There is not really a way to check the latter.
Old 12-17-2020

Activity: 1%

I'm biting the bullet and converting a stealth account to a real account.

This is a sole trader business account. I can see that I can change the name and address for the account owner in the Business Information section but I'm concerned about the DoB. I don't see an option to change that. The DoB I enter in the MP portal is going to be a real one and completely different to whatever was used to create this stealth account. Has anyone had an issue with that or does it not matter?
Old 12-17-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkzo View Post
I'm biting the bullet and converting a stealth account to a real account.

This is a sole trader business account. I can see that I can change the name and address for the account owner in the Business Information section but I'm concerned about the DoB. I don't see an option to change that. The DoB I enter in the MP portal is going to be a real one and completely different to whatever was used to create this stealth account. Has anyone had an issue with that or does it not matter?
Just put in your real information. They are going to run the details through an agency to check whether it's true.

If it's real, you win. Back to selling within hours.

If not, you have to send in docs. This is where you can potentially lose the account ...
Old 12-17-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie2065 View Post
I think the concern should be more with the links James, if you were to lose one account would the other soon follow
Ufcourse ... stealth for me is over. It was a means to get back to selling several years ago.

But I don't care about the link. I just want to be able to sell. The inventory I sell haven't given ebay, or my customers any problems ever so I don't intend on making any new accounts just running the virtual "shops" I already have. So they can be linked. It's all good.

I think a lot of people are in that position BUT will end up losing their accounts providing creative docs and made up info in the MP portal. My advice is don't do it. Just give real info. Ebay need us, now more than ever. This migration to MP and Covid is definitely effecting business.

Last edited by james_112233; 12-17-2020 at 02:30 PM.