Sole trader and company director to be the same person - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Old 11-25-2021

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 23%
Exclamation Sole trader and company director to be the same person

Hello All,

I have two eBay sole trader accounts and they all passed the MP.

I just formed an LTD company and am thinking to use this company to register new eBay accounts.

Will this cause problems?

Please help.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-26-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default Re: Sole trader and company director to be the same person

More details Needed..

On what details will be the new company ebay account

if the details already being used than if 1 go down all will go down
Old 11-26-2021

Longevity: 50%

If you are a sole trader and form a company as an LTD you are the managing/operating/signing officer so unless otherwise stated in a corporate resolution your personal information would be passed along to MP as the person responsible for the companies activities on Ebay.
Old 11-26-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB View Post
More details Needed..

On what details will be the new company ebay account

if the details already being used than if 1 go down all will go down
Hi,

I used my personal info as a sole trader to register eBay account and it passed the MP.

Then I used my same personal info to form an LTD company (only one director).

I would like to use this company to register eBay account. Will it have any problem?

Please help.

Thanks.
Old 11-26-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotya108 View Post
If you are a sole trader and form a company as an LTD you are the managing/operating/signing officer so unless otherwise stated in a corporate resolution your personal information would be passed along to MP as the person responsible for the companies activities on Ebay.
Will that cause my old sole trader account or new LTD company account be restricted by ebay?
Old 11-26-2021
Threadstarter  

Sole trader and company director to be the same person.

Each one register a ebay account with MP.
Old 11-26-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidoncs View Post
Will that cause my old sole trader account or new LTD company account be restricted by ebay?
No, the LTD is the entity trading on Ebay not you personally. You are just the person who will manage the company's account. Technically you can register a new MP account everytime you form a new LTD and want to engage in a different selling activity/product/service.
Old 11-26-2021

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
No, the LTD is the entity trading on Ebay not you personally. You are just the person who will manage the company's account. Technically you can register a new MP account everytime you form a new LTD and want to engage in a different selling activity/product/service.
Not true, the name on the account is a/the director of the Limited Company, what they refer to as the primary contact. When you log in it says 'Hello John' not 'Hello ABC Limited'

I trade as a Ltd Co and they took all my personal details, including residential address, it's not going to allow a banned member to think they can bypass verification, but by the same token there is nothing to stop you managing two healthy and complaint accounts this way.

Last edited by Hank; 11-26-2021 at 12:52 PM.
Old 11-26-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Not true, the name on the account is a/the director of the Limited Company, what they refer to as the primary contact. When you log in it says 'Hello John' not 'Hello ABC Limited'

I trade as a Ltd Co and they took all my personal details, including residential address, it's not going to allow a banned member to think they can bypass verification, but by the same token there is nothing to stop you managing two healthy and complaint accounts this way.
Nowhere in any of his post did he mention anything about a banned account. He asked very specifically if him registering a new account with a new LTD would cause his current personal accounts to be limited. Also them taking your personal details doesn`t mean the they don`t classify the company as the account owner. If they are reporting your corporate earnings to the financial authorities using your UTR as opposed to your NI then that means your corporation owns the account. Ditto when you open a bank account. They need a signer but its not your personal account just because you are the signer or director. If I send a SWIFT wire to your corporate account with your name listed as the beneficiary as opposed to corporate name then its going to be rejected.

Neither Ebay nor Adyen`s terms supersede state or federal regulation so if they are operating in a jurisdiction that views legally formed corporations as separate entities from their officers/members then Ebay has to comply or not allow corporate account registration. The name on the account is not the director of the company, its the person appointed by the company to manage the companies activities on Ebay.

We handle article filing, marketplace and bank account opening for companies everyday in which we have no stake in. We are listed on the filed Articles as incorporators/organizer and named signing officers or authorized signers in a companies corporate/directors resolution which gives us the power to open accounts, sign checks etc without being stakeholders or members. In terms of an LLC/LTD company a non member can be named the authorized signer by the companys operating agreement as long as the non member is listed on the Articles that were officially filed. Now in the UK the Companies House IN01 and OS IN01 filing forms are far more complicated then any US states AOO filing form (most states have a separate online portal dedicated to 3rd party organizers to file and the filing form is not much longer then the form to register for an A Docusign account) and this can be handled in a number of different ways. You don't have to be the director to be the listed "stakeholder" on an Ebay account. I take that back. You would be the director... The director of the Ebay account.
Old 11-27-2021

Quote:
Nowhere in any of his post did he mention anything about a banned account. He asked very specifically if him registering a new account with a new LTD would cause his current personal accounts to be limited.
Agreed, I thought I'd said that..."there is nothing to stop you managing two healthy and complaint accounts this way." The banned account angle was just an aside based upon the perception that a Limited Company somehow divorces you from other activity which it doesn’t and the link implications mentioned by USB.
Quote:
Also them taking your personal details doesn`t mean the they don`t classify the company as the account owner. If they are reporting your corporate earnings to the financial authorities using your UTR as opposed to your NI then that means your corporation owns the account.
Ebay are NOT reporting your earnings to the financial authorities, HMRC in the UK, and definitely not by way of a National Insurance number!! Nobody pays corporation tax in the UK via their NI number. What do you think an NI number is then??
Also ebay do not ask for the stakeholders UTR number if you operate via a Limited Company, they don't even ask for the UTR of the company itself. You did know that Limited Companies have their own UTR didn't you? [/QUOTE]

Quote:
Ditto when you open a bank account. They need a signer but its not your personal account just because you are the signer or director. If I send a SWIFT wire to your corporate account with your name listed as the beneficiary as opposed to corporate name then its going to be rejected.
I don't know what this has to do with anything but okay, it might be rejected....might.

Quote:
Neither Ebay nor Adyen`s terms supersede state or federal regulation so if they are operating in a jurisdiction that views legally formed corporations as separate entities from their officers/members then Ebay has to comply or not allow corporate account registration. The name on the account is not the director of the company, its the person appointed by the company to manage the companies activities on Ebay.
I'm pretty certain that ebay UK are operating within the law, I will repeat, when creating a new account they require some form of ownership/stakeholder link to the Limited Company and not just an employee who will manage the account. It has been mentioned on their own forums and replied to by a moderator that is the case on many occasions. (It's been the perceived choice of the banned stealther/banned seller for as long as I can remember, neither ebay or Amazon allow this to wash). That's not to say that if you created an ebay account and then restructured the company at Companies House they'd ever find out. I know, because I've done it.

Quote:
We handle article filing, marketplace and bank account opening for companies everyday in which we have no stake in. We are listed on the filed Articles as incorporators/organizer and named signing officers or authorized signers in a companies corporate/directors resolution which gives us the power to open accounts, sign checks etc without being stakeholders or members. In terms of an LLC/LTD company a non member can be named the authorized signer by the companys operating agreement as long as the non member is listed on the Articles that were officially filed. Now in the UK the Companies House IN01 and OS IN01 filing forms are far more complicated then any US states AOO filing form (most states have a separate online portal dedicated to 3rd party organizers to file and the filing form is not much longer then the form to register for an A Docusign account) and this can be handled in a number of different ways. You don't have to be the director to be the listed "stakeholder" on an Ebay account. I take that back. You would be the director... The director of the Ebay account.
Stay away from google.

Here's the bottom line, they have stated they've created a Limited Company with them as sole director. It will be in his name as the stakeholder and as someone above said a link to their sole trader accounts can be made. If one goes down, they all could go down. It’s just a forewarned is forearmed bit of advice, nothing sinister was implied.

But let’s just make it clear once again, if they operate good quality accounts then there are no issues, and that's all they asked
Old 11-27-2021
dbhana121

Longevity: 0%

So just confirming the above you can have 2 ebay accounts with MP, one as a sole trader one as a Ltd company. Has anyone done this and been linked? I understand you need to enter directorship details when you sign up as ltd company with MP so was wondering if ebay treat this as the same person and if one account goes down, does the other?
Old 11-27-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhana121 View Post
So just confirming the above you can have 2 ebay accounts with MP, one as a sole trader one as a Ltd company. Has anyone done this and been linked? I understand you need to enter directorship details when you sign up as ltd company with MP so was wondering if ebay treat this as the same person and if one account goes down, does the other?
Yes you can have two accounts. I'm sure a link is made but as it's not against their policies then it matters not.

If the director and sole trader are the same person then yes, it is best to assume that if one goes down they both will. I'm sure there will be evidence of an exception to this, but as I said above, forewarned is forearmed simply assume they will and treat all your accounts with respect and then there'll be no issues.
Old 11-27-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I have two ebay sole trader accounts.

Both ebay sole trader and LTD accounts will sell the same products.
Old 11-27-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Agreed, I thought I'd said that..."there is nothing to stop you managing two healthy and complaint accounts this way." The banned account angle was just an aside based upon the perception that a Limited Company somehow divorces you from other activity which it doesn’t and the link implications mentioned by USB.

Ebay are NOT reporting your earnings to the financial authorities, HMRC in the UK, and definitely not by way of a National Insurance number!! Nobody pays corporation tax in the UK via their NI number. What do you think an NI number is then??
Also ebay do not ask for the stakeholders UTR number if you operate via a Limited Company, they don't even ask for the UTR of the company itself. You did know that Limited Companies have their own UTR didn't you?

I don't know what this has to do with anything but okay, it might be rejected....might.

I'm pretty certain that ebay UK are operating within the law, I will repeat, when creating a new account they require some form of ownership/stakeholder link to the Limited Company and not just an employee who will manage the account. It has been mentioned on their own forums and replied to by a moderator that is the case on many occasions. (It's been the perceived choice of the banned stealther/banned seller for as long as I can remember, neither ebay or Amazon allow this to wash). That's not to say that if you created an ebay account and then restructured the company at Companies House they'd ever find out. I know, because I've done it.

Stay away from google.

Here's the bottom line, they have stated they've created a Limited Company with them as sole director. It will be in his name as the stakeholder and as someone above said a link to their sole trader accounts can be made. If one goes down, they all could go down. It’s just a forewarned is forearmed bit of advice, nothing sinister was implied.

But let’s just make it clear once again, if they operate good quality accounts then there are no issues, and that's all they asked [/QUOTE]

He has two Ebay accounts as a sole trader and now he`s registered a new company as an LTD. So unless LTD`s in the UK don`t pay corporate tax and are not seen as separate entities from their member(s) then that means if Ebay wants to allow both businesses and personal selling accounts in the UK then Ebay also has to recognize that corporations and their owners are separate entities. This is as cut and dry as it gets. Single member or multi member doesn't matter. If the account is openend as a business account by a legally formed company then the company owns the account not the director. The corporation is responsible for paying taxes on income earned through the marketplace. If my old dusty brain serves me right in the UK isn't the director of an LTD viewed as an employee in terms of taxes? He`s the director and an employee of the LTD company that owns the Ebay account.