Lifting Paypal £1900 Limit - Confirming Personal Information - Help! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 10-18-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Lifting Paypal £1900 Limit - Confirming Personal Information - Help!

Hi Folks!

I know this has been mentioned many time before but I just wanted to check... I have had a notice from Paypal saying that I have 133 days to verify my personal information as I am approaching my yearly £1900 limit. What I want to know is how do I do this? When I click on the link to 'Resolve' the issue it brings up my personal details and it is asking me to input a few of them such as Date of Birth, and confirm the phone number I have saved with Paypal.

Now obviously these are 'Stealth' details and they arent going to be confirmed by the electoral register or whatever it is they might be using to confirm that this person resides at the address they say they do. Also since I registered my 'Stealth' account I changed my Paypal / Ebay registered 'Stealth' address from one 'Stealth' address to another 'Stealth' address... I am panicking that I have messed up bad here and I am going to get my account suspended!

So should I go ahead and click on the confirm my personal details after filling in my Date of Birth etc? Am I likely to start getting them try and phone me? For some reason the Sipgate number that I registered and originally used to verify my Paypal account no longer works, its still registered but when I try and ring the number myself the line just rings and rings but it doesnt connect to my laptops softphone interface - it used to do, but it doesnt anymore. I dont know if thats because I am using a mobile broadband connection now, but months ago I was using Virginmedia broadband... Anyway thats another issue...

Eeeh! Sorry about this, I bet anyone reading this has forgotten what my original question was about. Anyway I will wait and see if someone can advise me about this before I go any furthur as obviously I am terrified about messing up my account as its been a good account for me.

many thanks

Johnny

Old 10-18-2011

Longevity: 75%

Get a new phone number from Soho66 and register that and then give them what they ask for
Old 10-18-2011

Longevity: 76%

Johnny, there is not much you will be able to do about what they want.

If all details are stealth, then 100% it will not work for the online check. That is eBay King guaranteed.

Secondly, you will probably also find that your PP is still OK for receiving, withdrawing and sending money. They would have prevented your ability to close the account though.

If you continue to accept funds, the count from 133 days will be cut dramatically to around about 45 days or so to get want they want done.

I have had experience in this department this year and once you click on confirm personal information for 2 or 3 times, your account will not be closed or anything, but they will then say that you will have to upload or fax the information to them instead.

Now, I tried this once this year and they gave me the parting ways email after I submitted excellent docs to them.

So, what you will find is that you will have to "get" docs now for this account and then it is a gamble as to whether the PP passes a manual check of the docs.

If you you don't do the docs, then the account will be limited.

There are other ways to prevent this, and one of the ways is to not accept more than £1649.99 in the first year, and then move on to the next account.

I understand it is too late for this £1649.99 advice, but good luck in the future.
Old 10-19-2011

Longevity: 80%

Had many stealth accounts £1900 limit's lifted.

When documents are refused and account gets limited 180 days style, I personally don't think it's because they "know" they are stealth docs.

Must be other factors.

I've sent in stealth docs, and got the limit lifted. Sent in stealth docs and had the account closed.

Sorted a "friends" account for him, sent his passport and mobile phone bill and his account was closed. Genuine guy, genuine docs, genuine everything.

No link to me, real HSBC issued debit card, verified bank.

They didn't like something.

The docs in my opinion aren't the issue. Are you using a VCC? Bank verified & the bank still attatched. Does your phone number work? Things like that.
Old 10-19-2011
Threadstarter  

Hmm, yes I used an entropay card to verify, bank is all verified months ago, my phone was verified but I since had problems with and I cant receive calls on the number, gonna have to change it to another VOIP service but im paranoid that is gonna make them suspicious. I have got the documents ready to fax them if they ask. God I really hope I dont get suspended / banned over this, its gonna be a nightmare if that happens. I mean I need to set up some more accounts anyway, its just I get baffled with the amount of information that you need to juggle and the steps that have to be taken to avoid linking accounts...
Old 10-19-2011

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyleeds View Post
Hmm, yes I used an entropay card to verify, bank is all verified months ago, my phone was verified but I since had problems with and I cant receive calls on the number, gonna have to change it to another VOIP service but im paranoid that is gonna make them suspicious. I have got the documents ready to fax them if they ask. God I really hope I dont get suspended / banned over this, its gonna be a nightmare if that happens. I mean I need to set up some more accounts anyway, its just I get baffled with the amount of information that you need to juggle and the steps that have to be taken to avoid linking accounts...
Well, if my thoughts regarding entropay/most VCC in general are correct. Once you submit the docs, you'll get the account closed.
Old 10-19-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

sending real docs does not guarantee lifting limits....

maybe vcc is a factor in their decision yes, but it cannot be only thing as, accs with vcc would always fail and thats not the case.
Old 10-19-2011
Threadstarter  

Eh? this is getting more and more confusing, I originally used VCC to verify my Paypal account when I opened my 'Stealth' account in January, now you are saying that having used a VCC will mean my account will definetely fail? What is the solution then? Is there one? I thought this £1900 limit was applied to everyone in their first year until people submit / fax documents? But what I'm been told here is it wont matter even if I do fax the documents as I'm going to get my account closed down for having used Entropay.... Help!!!
Old 10-19-2011

The £1900 does not apply to everyone in the first year. The limit "can" be removed before you begin selling originally or after £1650 is received through PP.

In my experience, it is a gamble. From the sounds of it, you have no choice as to not do as they say and upload the docs.

If you don't upload, your account will be limited soon.

If you do upload and they like it, your account will be limitless.

If you do upload and they don't like it, your account will be receiving the "Parting ways email" and you get your funds out in 180 days. PP are sick like this, but in future you will learn how to get good money out of them hassle free!!! :D

What I would do is max out the account, upload the docs and then pray.

You actually have nothing to lose because you can not stop PP wanting the docs or doing the online check once you go past £1650 for the 1st year.

Please let us know how you get on...
Old 10-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Thanksgiving is not until November.

Gobble gobble gobble in this thread already.

Whoever heard of a guarantee and ebay in the same breath? It's an OPINION based on your experiences King. Dont make out it to be a gospel fact.

Yet more inaccruate info to put a user off.
Old 10-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyleeds View Post
Hi Folks!

I know this has been mentioned many time before but I just wanted to check... I have had a notice from Paypal saying that I have 133 days to verify my personal information as I am approaching my yearly £1900 limit. What I want to know is how do I do this? When I click on the link to 'Resolve' the issue it brings up my personal details and it is asking me to input a few of them such as Date of Birth, and confirm the phone number I have saved with Paypal.
Do not do anything until you resolve what you spoke of below, ie getting a working phone number. 133 days is still time enough away provided you start doing some things now.

Quote:
Now obviously these are 'Stealth' details and they arent going to be confirmed by the electoral register or whatever it is they might be using to confirm that this person resides at the address they say they do. Also since I registered my 'Stealth' account I changed my Paypal / Ebay registered 'Stealth' address from one 'Stealth' address to another 'Stealth' address... I am panicking that I have messed up bad here and I am going to get my account suspended!
Those address changes might be to your advantage, in that records might not be up to date

Quote:
So should I go ahead and click on the confirm my personal details after filling in my Date of Birth etc? Am I likely to start getting them try and phone me? For some reason the Sipgate number that I registered and originally used to verify my Paypal account no longer works, its still registered but when I try and ring the number myself the line just rings and rings but it doesnt connect to my laptops softphone interface - it used to do, but it doesnt anymore. I dont know if thats because I am using a mobile broadband connection now, but months ago I was using Virginmedia broadband... Anyway thats another issue...
Read my 1st reply. It's actually part of the issue. You need a working accessible phone number. Let's do that first and take the next steps after that's sorted.

Quote:
Eeeh! Sorry about this, I bet anyone reading this has forgotten what my original question was about. Anyway I will wait and see if someone can advise me about this before I go any furthur as obviously I am terrified about messing up my account as its been a good account for me.

many thanks

Johnny
eey,Lid, you always talk too much. Think you bog yourself down with the over think I realise there are other replies. Dont be writing off this account YET.
That's my advice
Old 10-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Thanksgiving is not until November.

Gobble gobble gobble in this thread already.

Whoever heard of a guarantee and ebay in the same breath? It's an OPINION based on your experiences King. Dont make out it to be a gospel fact.

Yet more inaccruate info to put a user off.

GB, I didn't say anywhere in my post about any guarantee?

I said it is a gamble as to whether the account passes.

There are 2 things which are going to happen with the state of Johnny's account:

1. Limits lifted - If passes online check or uploads docs
2. Limits not lifted - If docs are rejected or does not upload docs at all

This is pretty much facts...

Could you please explain what else would happen???
Old 10-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBay King View Post
If all details are stealth, then 100% it will not work for the online check. That is eBay King guaranteed.

I read that as Ebay King guaranteed.
Maybe I need new glasses.:D
Old 10-20-2011

(LOL) That was regarding the online check.

Not putting down too many details (sensitive issue), but if the sign-up information will not pass the online check, then obviously it will be pointless using the same details to try and pass this online check when they request it passed the £1650 mark.

All the information I put down is correct, informative, accurate, unbiased and helpful, would you not agree?
Old 10-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanksgiving is still in November.:D
Old 10-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

concur with ebayking, be prepared for a proportion of the verifications to go wrong. Huge amount you can do to prevent that though.
Old 10-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
concur with ebayking, be prepared for a proportion of the verifications to go wrong. Huge amount you can do to prevent that though.
Which salient point was missed however.

Each account is different.

paypal treats accounts differently.

As yet, nothing definitive to suggest ALL is futile

or do I need new glasses:D
Old 10-21-2011
Threadstarter  

Well, thanks for the great info greenbean / ebayking / oompaloompa etc, I am going to try and sort out my phone number over this weekend before I go ahead with failing the online personal details check, then if Paypal request that I fax them documents I will do this and see how it goes.

One thing I am worried about a little is that changing my phone number now, at this stage might flag up as suspicious! What a palava!
Old 10-30-2011

Longevity: 72%

does the date of birth have to be your actual date of birth or a made up one? i am already using a doctored name....but i went in to the bank and officially changed it to the stealth address! it just isn't going through and I am thinking of bottling out of the whole thing to be honest :-(
Old 10-30-2011

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehighstreet View Post
! it just isn't going through and I am thinking of bottling out of the whole thing to be honest :-(

Why whats wrong ?

You can make new DOB just like name, in fact i don't think i have ever used my real one.

Just buy a ready made eby/pp account or taylor made one to your requirments, take all the head ache and maybe nerves out of it.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif

Last edited by Stigger; 10-30-2011 at 08:47 PM.
Old 10-30-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts

LOL i wondered about this £1900 verification before... since i signed up a paypal account stealth and wrote all the info on a word doc..

Then when i was asked to verify to lift the £1900 i just confirmed it with the info i saved on the word doc.. and it worked great and there is absolutely NO WAY it is on the electorial role... so who knows...
Old 10-31-2011

@bunneh - yes, well i guess you got lucky? i mean i saved all my info onto a word file too but no cigar :( i guess i'll have to chance it up to 1800 and then start over