HELP! ACTION REQUIRED: ***** register for managed payments by July 15th - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > US Managed Payments

US Managed Payments Discussions related to US eBay Managed Payments

Old 04-30-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default Re: HELP! ACTION REQUIRED: ***** register for managed payments by July 15th

In some of managed payments threads I explained what I had done prior to invite and accepting invite and after invite.

All real info but had a seller account banned few years ago.
The Following User Says Thank You to leighanns520 For This Useful Post:
vigilantex69 (04-30-2020)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-30-2020
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 88%
Default Re: HELP! ACTION REQUIRED: ***** register for managed payments by July 15th

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighanns520 View Post
In some of managed payments threads I explained what I had done prior to invite and accepting invite and after invite.

Im going to send you a message
Old 04-30-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighanns520 View Post

I don’t really understand what this “managed payments” is. Why aren’t there dozens and dozens of people posting about this right now? Again I’m not a huge seller, it isn’t a business for me. I literally sell less than 200 items a year probably since 2011 or so. I don’t understand why I was selected for this and what happens if I don’t do it?
Old 04-30-2020
Threadstarter  

Should I just sell as much as humanly possible and then ditch the account and create a new one? Is this managed payments thing something EVERYONE is going to have to sign up for eventually?
Old 05-01-2020

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
Should I just sell as much as humanly possible and then ditch the account and create a new one? Is this managed payments thing something EVERYONE is going to have to sign up for eventually?
There will be NO other option eventually. Enjoy it while it lasts. I think everyone will be able to create 1 business account and that's it IF ebay verify everyones documents.

Basically it's becoming like Etsy.
Old 05-01-2020

Longevity: 44%

U can get around it by setting up a business bank account and a Ltd company on companies house that way what only want the id of the shareholder.

Plus they want a bank statement of the company bank account so that hides you.
Companies house number again that will be diff to your next account

Chosinf the business way will create to many variables for them to link you to other accounts. Only way they’ll know is the passport pic you’ll send it but your sending thst in as a shareholder. All rest of the info will be diff .. and to my knowledge they need more then 1 solid link on each account to link and shut down accounts. So by changing info on your eBay’s to match each Ltd company you setup with business bank accounts it’s going to be harder for eBay to link all your Ltd companies and shut down your eBay accounts.

So sun up

Diff company house number
Diff company address
Same diff business bank account address to match
Submit your share holder I’d THE ONLY SAME INFO THEY HAVE TO MATCH ALL YOUR ACCOUNTS.

Last edited by yellowprintdirect; 05-01-2020 at 02:03 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to yellowprintdirect For This Useful Post:
JackedYoshi (05-07-2020)
Old 05-01-2020

All info I have said has to be legit am not saying to submit dodgy info. I have 2 companies with diff reg office diff company house numbers and managed by my accountant I’ll just submit my real id but I’ll submit my bank statement for each diff company. Alls eBay have to go on is these accounts linked to these companies have same director. That’s it. Everything else is diff. Now my pt is is that enough for eBay to link both accounts and shut them down if you mess up on one account I.e to many veros etc??? I don’t know it creates one stong link at best eBay will need more then that to shut accounts down in the business category
Old 05-01-2020

Yes of course they can they can do what they like but they are bound to there own rules and it’s common knowledge that to link accounts eBay use 3 common string links to link and close down accounts such as same ip for long time. Same cookies on same user account. Same address & post code. Same number used on account. My thinking again is how will this approach to the companies linked to the accounts. Will there linking system work now with this new MP
Old 05-01-2020

Longevity: 23%

To actually answer the OP.....

You need to sell off your stuff now. Once managed payments is final then stealth ebay is a thing of the past. That is not my opinion as I am too novice for that but i have seen more than one top rated folks here say this very notion.
Old 05-01-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

Lots of people are saying lots of things

Most of it is just onions and guess work at the moment, especially in the UK.

When it actually starts to get rolled out and the process it gone through there will be a lot more information to work work. Until then its just all a guess.
Old 05-01-2020

James they’ve actually actually released what you need to register as a business for MP. nothing as yet for individual option
Old 05-01-2020
Executive [VIP]

I know they have released the first step, but its still at the early stage and as of yet no one in the UK as far as I know has actually been enrolled into MP

I think the guess work really is just best left until someone actually goes through the entire process start to finish

At the moment a lot is still very unclear from eBay with RE to the transition.

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 05-01-2020 at 07:40 AM.
Old 05-01-2020

I have just enrolled for it on one of my bigger accounts that's a ltd company

they wanted

companies house number
directors address and name, I altered my bank statements address to match my ebays and companies reg office address
my bank details
bank statement screenshot - again I made sure all address and names matched exactly
Old 05-01-2020
Executive [VIP]

Have you actually started using managed payments though or have you just gone through the first step where they ask for all the details? It’s just first steps at the moment. Long way to go still
Old 05-01-2020
Threadstarter  

This is freaking madness. What about just normal people selling on eBay? There’s no way they can make you become a business account if you are just selling a few things?? That makes no sense?
Old 05-01-2020
Threadstarter  

But I guess I’m gonna start listing like absolute crazy right now, pack up and sell everything I can and then create another personal account and sell slow. Again this isn’t a business for me, it just pisses me TF off that I’ve been tagged for a business because I literally sold off 40 baseball cards and 15 stamp albums...
Old 05-01-2020

I have reg another account but went for individual option, I selected sole trader and alls they wanted was bank account info, and mentioned names had to match,

they even suggested if they didn't match I should change my eBay user name to same as my bank account info,, they didn't want me to upload anything in terms of id or bank statements etc
Old 05-01-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Nobody is being forced to convert to a business account, Adyen it currently only being rolled out to businesses so private sellers need not worry. It will be a very long time before it is compulsory for all.
It says I have to register for it by July 15? But I’m not a business?
Old 05-01-2020

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

For US seller,July 15 is the deadline.
makes no difference if you are personal or business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
To sell ebay accounts enrolled in managed payments to you think they'll be offering the verified linked bank account too?
why buy these eBay Stealth accounts if they dont come with bank accounts, ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by byte View Post
Not true, only for those whom have been invited for managed payments. Correct me if I'm wrong.
if you read the Ebay email ,it is asking us to sign up by July 15 ,as come late July,it will be MP or nothing,
so if you dont sign up for MP,what will happen to your listings,how would you accept payment when the PAYPAL option is removed?

Quote:
Here’s another thing. So I’m not going to add my real details to a stealth eBay account and signup for managed payments, just so I can get banned again.

Why wouldn’t I just create a new eBay account from scratch with all real details? Don’t create a PayPal account. Use My real SS number and stuff and just sell with that? You think they’d link it to an old eBay/PayPal account from 15+ years ago that was banned? I don’t remember ever providing my social to eBay? All I did was verify it on PayPal.
-----------
why dont you try it and come back to tell us.

if you have received email which stated by july 15th,then you need to join by then.
eventually all will be on MP

Last edited by TGMT²; 07-01-2020 at 11:05 PM.
Old 05-01-2020

Longevity: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowprintdirect View Post
I have just enrolled for it on one of my bigger accounts that's a ltd company

they wanted

companies house number
directors address and name, I altered my bank statements address to match my ebays and companies reg office address
my bank details
bank statement screenshot - again I made sure all address and names matched exactly
Do ebay check the company house number and therefore able to see your real name? Would a name be enough to link a banned account?
Old 05-01-2020

Longevity: 36%

Quote:
This is freaking madness. What about just normal people selling on eBay? There’s no way they can make you become a business account if you are just selling a few things?? That makes no sense?
You can sign up for managed payments using personal account, it does not have to be business.
Old 05-01-2020

Longevity: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by brassmonkey View Post
Do ebay check the company house number and therefore able to see your real name? Would a name be enough to link a banned account?
A name by itself is not enough