HELP! ACTION REQUIRED: ***** register for managed payments by July 15th - Page 4 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > US Managed Payments

US Managed Payments Discussions related to US eBay Managed Payments

Old 05-16-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Re: HELP! ACTION REQUIRED: ***** register for managed payments by July 15th

My eBay account is a stealth account that has been churning along for about 5 years. The original PayPal i received with it died a long time ago. I had a "real" eBay account for many years before I started stealth, that account got burned, hence my transition to stealth. When the PayPal for my stealth account got burned, I changed the PayPal address in my listings to a new email that I added to my own personal PayPal. Everything has been fine with that.

My wife and I own a small resale shop and when we started it I decided to open up an eBay and PayPal account for it, in her and the business' name, and try to go "legit". Started off ok, listing a few items here and there, about a month in they asked for receipts for the items I was selling, needless to say we lost that account to.

We have been using the stealth account ever since, been going fine like I said. Here come Managed Payments, ugh.

Here is my thought, according to some of the posts that I have read, entering real personal information for MP has worked for some. Could I do this with my real personal information and checking account too? Could I use my business information and EIN and checking account? Which is a suggested better route? I had considered creating a new business myself with a different address and using that information and business account to create a brand new eBay account with MP. Should I just change my current stealth account to a business account with the newly started business and then register for MP with that info?

My preference would be to roll it into my current business and go from there, but that seems a little far fetched.

I know we are all questioning this and there has really been no long term information from anyone that has been on MP with stealth for an extended period of time that I have seen.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-16-2020

Longevity: 31%
Default Re: HELP! ACTION REQUIRED: ***** register for managed payments by July 15th

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
For US seller,July 15 is the deadline.
makes no difference if you are personal or business.
Not true, only for those whom have been invited for managed payments. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 05-19-2020
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 88%

Yeah unfortunately I don’t know what to do. My guess is my account will get zapped.
Old 05-19-2020
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 88%

Here’s another thing. So I’m not going to add my real details to a stealth eBay account and signup for managed payments, just so I can get banned again.

Why wouldn’t I just create a new eBay account from scratch with all real details? Don’t create a PayPal account. Use My real SS number and stuff and just sell with that? You think they’d link it to an old eBay/PayPal account from 15+ years ago that was banned? I don’t remember ever providing my social to eBay? All I did was verify it on PayPal.
Old 05-21-2020

Longevity: 23%

I have found it is easier just to go sell on Mercari then jump through all these hoops just to sell on an outdated platform. Food for thought.
Old 05-27-2020

Longevity: 43%

everyone will have to register for managed payments by July 15th or just selected sellers?
Old 05-28-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth101 View Post
I have found it is easier just to go sell on Mercari then jump through all these hoops just to sell on an outdated platform. Food for thought.
Mercari steals money like Amazon.
Old 05-28-2020

Longevity: 56%

I have 2 accounts and never got in it yet ones a top rated seller the other one is not. I have negative and neutral feedbacks on both accounts maybe that's why I never got opted in for that type of manage payments. Also more than likely it's probly because I'm selling in a different category
Old 05-28-2020

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 50%

I really want to get my stealth account invited to managed payments
Old 06-01-2020

Longevity: 23%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
I literally just received this email.

“Managed payments supports an enhanced buying and selling experience on eBay, providing sellers one place to sell and get paid, and buyers more ways to pay. eBay will manage payments for most sellers in 2020, and your account, will be activated for managed payments starting late July. To ensure you are ready in advance of the change and that there are no interruptions to your business, you will need to register by July 15th, 2020.

Please click here to register for managed payments by July 15, 2020.

What does it mean to “register” my business?
Registration allows you to get your business ready early for managed payments. You can register in a few simple steps, including verifying your business information and providing a bank account. This information will allow us to send your payouts and comply with Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and know-your-customer obligations, which helps keep eBay a trusted marketplace. You will be able to track your registration progress on the Payments tab in Seller Hub.

What happens after I register?
Nothing will change on your account or how you manage your business on eBay until your account is activated for managed payments starting late July 2020. We will ensure you have access to all the detailed information you may need to be prepared before activation and you will be notified of your activation date well in advance. In order to learn more and start registration, please click here.

What are the benefits of eBay managing payments?
• More ways for buyers to pay: Buyers can pay with credit, debit and gift cards, PayPal, PayPal Credit, Apple Pay or Google Pay.
• One place to sell and get paid: You can access everything you need to sell and get paid, all on eBay: a single source for fees, customized reports, refunds, simplified protections, tax documentation, and dedicated support. If you use third-party tools, there should be no change in how you use those tools on managed payments.
• Streamlined operations: Payouts are regularly deposited to your bank account weekly or as soon as funds are available, based on your preference. Regardless of how the buyer pays, payouts are consistently available within two business days of an order confirmation. Pending payouts can also be used to pay for shipping labels, in addition to using a PayPal account. You can easily ship to international buyers with our Global Shipping Program (GSP).
• Simplified fees: Once activated for managed payments starting late July, you will pay only one final value fee1, consisting of a category-based percentage of the total amount of the sale, plus a fixed fee per order, with no third-party payments processing fees. Your final value fees will be automatically deducted from your sales proceeds, and the rest paid out to your bank account. Most sellers can expect to see overall savings2. For full fee details, click here.

We are notifying you because the eBay features and tools you use currently are fully supported in the managed payments experience - the new way business is done on eBay. By registering now, you will ensure that your business does not experience any disruptions when we enable accounts for managed payments starting late July 2020.

Please click here to register for managed payments by July 15, 2020.

For more information and frequently asked questions and answers on managed payments, please visit the eBay Seller Center. We’ll keep adding information, so remember to bookmark this page. You can find details about the registration process in the Help Hub here. And if you still have questions, you can request a call from one of our Payments team members there.

So....what does this mean? This is a LONG term eBay account from 2011. What will happen on July 15th?? Is this account toast? It has full stealth everything and PayPal, has an emigrant direct bank account. What should I do?? Like will the account be toast on July 15th?
Did you get this message via eBay message center or via to your email address registered on the eBay account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc View Post
Mercari steals money like Amazon.
⊗⊗⊗⊗ news. I have done thousands of dollars of transactions on Mercari and have never lost a cent. It is a lot cheaper selling on mercari also. And you can post as much as you want the moment you create an account. No limits no verification. Just go.

The word ⊗⊗⊗⊗ is censored here? Or just when you put ⊗⊗⊗⊗ news together? wild.

hahaha why is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ censored? I cannot wait to Screen shot this to crazy. ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ⊗⊗⊗⊗.

Last edited by TGMT²; 07-01-2020 at 11:03 PM.
Old 07-01-2020

Longevity: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by likefrasers View Post
I think the whole stealth thing would still be possible, only if MP won't go through company online database to confirm membership of this LLC.

Otherwise, it will be really really difficult.
They still want SSN though for LLC to verify the owner though.
Old 01-01-2021

Longevity: 59%

any updates as enter real info not smart they will catch you, unless u enter new bank info but what about if u have a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address on ebay. i dont want to lose my account??