Buyer says not delivered tracking says delivered..best course of action? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-08-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Buyer says not delivered tracking says delivered..best course of action?

I would like to avoid a neg if possible, what would you guys recommend?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-08-2016

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: Buyer says not delivered tracking says delivered..best course of action?

Give the buyer the tracking details which should include the signature of whoever signed for it, they cant really blame you for this - always act like your trying to help them even when you have clearly done everything correct your end
Old 06-08-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 46%
Default Re: Buyer says not delivered tracking says delivered..best course of action?

Ask them to open an item not received case.
Then upload the tracking to the case and get Ebay to close it. If there is a negative left it gets removed.
Old 06-08-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdave24 View Post
Ask them to open an item not received case.
Then upload the tracking to the case and get Ebay to close it. If there is a negative left it gets removed.
Avoid asking them to open a case. Do everything in your power to solve it. But if they end up opening the case, then that is the perfect way to proceed.

Cases will result in defects, which aren't great for selling accounts.
Old 06-08-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Don't ask for them to open a case but with the new case policy, it is the easiest way to hedge against negative feedback.

Supply them with tracking. Copy and Paste the address they supplied and have them confirm it is accurate. Then ask them if they have contacted the carrier. etc...

Be helpful and always says something like, "I am sorry a problem has occurred" without admitting guilt.

Now of course if you messed up, then just say so, apologize for your error and ask them how they would like to proceed to make them happy.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
Retailer77 (06-08-2016)
Old 06-08-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Don't ask for them to open a case but with the new case policy, it is the easiest way to hedge against negative feedback.

Supply them with tracking. Copy and Paste the address they supplied and have them confirm it is accurate. Then ask them if they have contacted the carrier. etc...

Be helpful and always says something like, "I am sorry a problem has occurred" without admitting guilt.

Now of course if you messed up, then just say so, apologize for your error and ask them how they would like to proceed to make them happy.
Yankee, I did tell them to contact the carrier,
the buyer responded by stating I should be the one to contact the carrier..and its my responsibility.
Old 06-08-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retailer77 View Post
Yankee, I did tell them to contact the carrier,
the buyer responded by stating I should be the one to contact the carrier..and its my responsibility.
I have a whole template for this because it happens so often... Having them contact postal carrier, make a police report for the case, etc, etc....

This is a scam taught on the dark web on how to scam ebay sellers. So you will see it more often then not...

Always be nice, however do not accept responsibility... In this case it can be in your favor for them to open a case, because it shows delivered you will win every time... I always fight these when they opened a case and it is not held against me, feedback removed and DOES NOT count as a defect.
yankee (06-08-2016)
Old 06-08-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymax View Post
I have a whole template for this because it happens so often... Having them contact postal carrier, make a police report for the case, etc, etc....

This is a scam taught on the dark web on how to scam ebay sellers. So you will see it more often then not...

Always be nice, however do not accept responsibility... In this case it can be in your favor for them to open a case, because it shows delivered you will win every time... I always fight these when they opened a case and it is not held against me, feedback removed and DOES NOT count as a defect.
Thanks,
Not sure where to go from here though.
I already confirmed the address and tracking # with the buyer but they just sent me a message stating they never got it....should I just ask them to open a case?
Old 06-08-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Thanks,
Not sure where to go from here though.
I already confirmed the address and tracking # with the buyer but they just sent me a message stating they never got it....should I just ask them to open a case?
Just wait for them to open it. Never ask.
Old 06-08-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Just wait for them to open it. Never ask.
Thanks yankee, if I just wait and don't reply though can't they leave a neg?
I guess the neg would be easy to remove anyways right?
Since I have tracking delivery confirmation
Old 06-08-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Thanks yankee, if I just wait and don't reply though can't they leave a neg?
I guess the neg would be easy to remove anyways right?
Since I have tracking delivery confirmation
If they are not scammers, they will open a case. If you can prove delivery, even if no signature and the item is under $750 you will win and any negative feedback will be removed.

If no case and the buyer leaves a negative based on opinion such as, "Horrible seller was of no help" or whatnot, it would be hard to remove.
Old 06-08-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
If they are not scammers, they will open a case. If you can prove delivery, even if no signature and the item is under $750 you will win and any negative feedback will be removed.

If no case and the buyer leaves a negative based on opinion such as, "Horrible seller was of no help" or whatnot, it would be hard to remove.
In that case I think it would be wiser for me to send a replacement tor the buyer free of charge, it was only $4.75 item....instead of risking a neg

Last edited by Retailer77; 06-08-2016 at 04:01 PM.
Old 06-08-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
In that case I think it would be wiser for me to send a replacement tor the buyer free of charge, it was only $4.75 item
Oh yes!

I think most of us assumed it was a more expensive item.

I would offer a refund or to resend and apologize for any confusion. Something along these lines.

Good evening,
I am very sorry the item is missing. Lets assume it is lost by USPS at this point. I can issue a refund or send out another item tomorrow. If the first one shows up, please let me know for peace of mind. It will look just like an ordinary plain poly envelope with your standard mail.

Let me know what is best for you and I will get it taken care of right away. Again, I am very sorry the item is missing.
Retailer77
Old 06-08-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Oh yes!

I think most of us assumed it was a more expensive item.

I would offer a refund or to resend and apologize for any confusion. Something along these lines.

Good evening,
I am very sorry the item is missing. Lets assume it is lost by USPS at this point. I can issue a refund or send out another item tomorrow. If the first one shows up, please let me know for peace of mind. It will look just like an ordinary plain poly envelope with your standard mail.

Let me know what is best for you and I will get it taken care of right away. Again, I am very sorry the item is missing.
Retailer77
Awesome Thanks.
Now there is another item I sold for a value of $465, and buyer is saying they did not receive but also tracking says delivered for this as well. I guess this one would would be a good "open case" scenario
Old 06-08-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

With such a small item I wouldn't even bother with a reshipment. I would issue a refund and tell the buyer they can repurchase if they'd like.

I don't know if it's the scam newjerseymax mentioned or if USPS just sucks this year, but I get at least one of these complaints per week. Tracking shows delivered but buyer never received anything. A lot of the time, for whatever reason, the package will arrive at the destination a day or two after the tracking number shows delivery.