Brand new Ebay account got suspended - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-28-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Question Brand new Ebay account got suspended

Hi there,

Wanted to get your opinion on why my brand new Ebay account got suspended within a day. This is the message that I received:

Code:
After reviewing your eBay account, recent activity has raised serious security concerns. As a result, we've taken the following action on your account:
- Your eBay account has been suspended indefinitely.
I have already read the Ebay stealth guide and tried my best to act by it. But I don't know where I made mistake. Here's my story.

I live in Pakistan, so to get a US IP address I bought a US Virtual Private Server (which has a fixed US IP address). Created a brand new PayPal account, verified it by VBA, VCC and US mobile forwarding. So PayPal is fully verified.

Then I created a brand new eBay account, giving the same name, address, phone, details as given in Paypal account. Linked the PayPal account successfully with ebay.

This Virtual Private Server is a Windows machine and never ever was paypal or ebay used on this before. (So no chance of linking to a previous ebay account). In fact, I don't have any other ebay account, this was my first account.

So the ebay account was also verified using US phone number that was forwarded to my mobile. So I got a US Paypal account and a US Ebay account successfully verified. Everything good till this point.

Then within an hour, I made a listing of Honda Battlax leather jacket, and this listing was successfully listed.

But then within a few hours, I got an email with this message:
Code:
After reviewing your eBay account, recent activity has raised serious security concerns. As a result, we've taken the following action on your account:
So I was thinking; what did I do wrong?

- The windows machine was never used for Paypal or Ebay.
- IP address was US based (although of a different city than the address I stated in PayPal and Ebay)
- Ebay was verified with Chicago based phone number (my address given in Ebay account was also of Chicago).

Could it be that I made a listing within an hour?
Could it be that my IP address was of a different city than the address that I stated in Ebay account?

Please guide me because I don't want to make a mistake next time.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-28-2015

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: Brand new Ebay account got suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by irfanullahkhan View Post
Hi there,

Wanted to get your opinion on why my brand new Ebay account got suspended within a day. This is the message that I received:

Code:
I have already read the Ebay stealth guide and tried my best to act by it. But I don't know where I made mistake. Here's my story.

I live in Pakistan, so to get a US IP address I bought a US Virtual Private Server (which has a fixed US IP address). Created a brand new PayPal account, verified it by VBA, VCC and US mobile forwarding. So PayPal is fully verified.

Then I created a brand new eBay account, giving the same name, address, phone, details as given in Paypal account. Linked the PayPal account successfully with ebay.

This Virtual Private Server is a Windows machine and never ever was paypal or ebay used on this before. (So no chance of linking to a previous ebay account). In fact, I don't have any other ebay account, this was my first account.

So the ebay account was also verified using US phone number that was forwarded to my mobile. So I got a US Paypal account and a US Ebay account successfully verified. Everything good till this point.

Then within an hour, I made a listing of Honda Battlax leather jacket, and this listing was successfully listed.

But then within a few hours, I got an email with this message:
Code:
So I was thinking; what did I do wrong?

- The windows machine was never used for Paypal or Ebay.
- IP address was US based (although of a different city than the address I stated in PayPal and Ebay)
- Ebay was verified with Chicago based phone number (my address given in Ebay account was also of Chicago).

Could it be that I made a listing within an hour?
Could it be that my IP address was of a different city than the address that I stated in Ebay account?

Please guide me because I don't want to make a mistake next time.

Quote:
The windows machine was never used for Paypal or Ebay.
How would you you know that for sure? You've probably used some google first-page VPS service, that has been already overabused at EB.

Quote:
US mobile forwarding
Also can be already overabused.

Quote:
Honda Battlax leather jacket
Too high for a brand new acc. Start by building your acc slowly, as mentioned in the book. Browse EB, watch something, place bids... do not list anything in the first month. Then start listing not so expensive stuff. Honda items are VERO, so not for a fresh acc for sure.
The Following User Says Thank You to muzzie For This Useful Post:
irfanullahkhan (08-28-2015)
Old 08-28-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

If the VPS service is overabused, and the phone forwarding can be overabused, then living in Pakistan, what other options do I have? PayPal does not support my country Pakistan and does not allow us to make accounts. Ebay does allow accounts from Pakistan.

My Paypal account is in tact. Only Ebay account has been suspended.

So can I make another eBay Stealth account and link to the same Paypal? (specially if I can add another email to my same paypal account and use that email for the new ebay account).

Also, what do you suggest; should I make Ebay US account or just make a Pakistan account on Ebay? That way I won't have to use a VPS server but just would need to use a fresh Pakistan IP and a new user account in my computer.

I am new to Ebay, so any help would be highly appreciated! Thanks.
Old 08-28-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Also, regarding Honda items being VERO. When I list such an item, can it get flagged within a few hours? Doesn't it take a real person to de-list an item? 2ndly, it should delist the item only, why should it suspend my Ebay account?
Old 08-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Start over and this time start with low risk items and perhaps get some browsing history longer than a few hours.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2015

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
do not list anything in the first month
OP - that's the most important piece of information once you have the account up and running.
The Following User Says Thank You to Callidus For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callidus View Post
OP - that's the most important piece of information once you have the account up and running.
DO NOT list "buy it now" at the first month without any auctions listing online.

If you want to sell, you better have 2-plus-auctions listings, then safer to list the "buy it now"
The Following User Says Thank You to mayward For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2015
MU

Longevity: 57%

IMO. ALL VPNs have been abused and all of its IPs are black listed all over the web.

Use a mobile hotspot with a pre paid contract. Not sure if that is possible out of the US.

There is a thread on this forum selling proven fresh IPs. Might wanna look into that.

I dont even think it was the listing that got him flagged. Clothing is not a high risk item. Something in the electronics category usually does it.

Did you use a fresh formatted computer? You mention machine but what are you refering to?
Old 09-02-2015

Longevity: 60%

Hi,

I have learnt all i know about "S", from this lovely community.

Patience ... Make or Buy account, and then DONT sell straight away.
Go to the account and just browse different items for a good month. (i did)
Place Bids that you know you WONT win.
Then after a month or so, List on auction style cheap thing.

Now i know you might be thinking courier costs from Pakistan on cheap items wont help the model, but send 5-6 cheap/small items to US beforehand in one parcel to a friend or whatever setup u have to start off with.

Sell them one by one on Auction style. Even if they give you tiny loss.

Spend money to make money. Do a recorded delivery to Customer.
Add tracking via eBay. To gain credibility.

In 45 days or so, you will be OK to list your desired* items, and hope fully there wont be a Hold on payments by then.

Last edited by Whitestone; 09-02-2015 at 04:13 AM.
Old 09-04-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Question Re: Brand new Ebay account got suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitestone View Post
Hi,

I have learnt all i know about "S", from this lovely community.

Patience ... Make or Buy account, and then DONT sell straight away.
Go to the account and just browse different items for a good month. (i did)
Place Bids that you know you WONT win.
Then after a month or so, List on auction style cheap thing.

Now i know you might be thinking courier costs from Pakistan on cheap items wont help the model, but send 5-6 cheap/small items to US beforehand in one parcel to a friend or whatever setup u have to start off with.

Sell them one by one on Auction style. Even if they give you tiny loss.

Spend money to make money. Do a recorded delivery to Customer.
Add tracking via eBay. To gain credibility.

In 45 days or so, you will be OK to list your desired* items, and hope fully there wont be a Hold on payments by then.
So here's a question:

You are saying to start with sale of a cheap item. What's a cheap item?

Is $130 cheap?
Old 09-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by irfanullahkhan View Post
So here's a question:

You are saying to start with sale of a cheap item. What's a cheap item?

Is $130 cheap?
If you scan the forum and read some of the threads, then for sure you'll get a sense that you should start by browsing eBay, then bidding on items that you'd never win, build a watch list and just do "normal" eBay stuff without actually listing anything.

I personally tend to browse and bid on items that I plan to sell in the future, just to register interest in those items so that I don't jump from knitting supplies to high end electronics.

After that just start super slow and sell only to get transactions, to create some history and prove to eBay that you ship your items on time, the customers are happy and that you know what you are doing.

I personally only sell auction style items, at random times for pennies- I know that the items that I list will sell because I sell under the normal price. I don't earn any money with those listings, but I don't lose any either. I just do this to get going and its just part of the process in my case.

Once you have established your account and have not had any problems, start with more expensive items and take it from there really.
Would I list a branded item before 90 day? Not ideally, but if I'd have to do it, I'd mix it together with my other listings so it doesn't look obvious that I go from selling £99p key rings to selling £270 Canon video cameras.

You just need to pretend to sell random stuff and NOT look like you are making money.

Once 90 days are over and you've got no problem, you might want to try and sell more expensive items but even then you need to be really careful with the product that you are listing. The Honda jacket that you mentioned will most likely raise flags no matter how old you account is, because it'll most likely get VEROd sooner or later.

Read a bit more- Not about account creation, but about selling practices and experiences. If you can nail the concept of selling slow, then you can test is it the account creation process that kills the account, or the product.
At the moment you are just guessing and focusing on the techincal side of the account, but I feel like the product is the one that kills you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Haidukken For This Useful Post:
irfanullahkhan (09-05-2015)
Old 09-05-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thumbs up Re: Brand new Ebay account got suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haidukken View Post
If you scan the forum and read some of the threads, then for sure you'll get a sense that you should start by browsing eBay, then bidding on items that you'd never win, build a watch list and just do "normal" eBay stuff without actually listing anything.

I personally tend to browse and bid on items that I plan to sell in the future, just to register interest in those items so that I don't jump from knitting supplies to high end electronics.

After that just start super slow and sell only to get transactions, to create some history and prove to eBay that you ship your items on time, the customers are happy and that you know what you are doing.

I personally only sell auction style items, at random times for pennies- I know that the items that I list will sell because I sell under the normal price. I don't earn any money with those listings, but I don't lose any either. I just do this to get going and its just part of the process in my case.

Once you have established your account and have not had any problems, start with more expensive items and take it from there really.
Would I list a branded item before 90 day? Not ideally, but if I'd have to do it, I'd mix it together with my other listings so it doesn't look obvious that I go from selling £99p key rings to selling £270 Canon video cameras.

You just need to pretend to sell random stuff and NOT look like you are making money.

Once 90 days are over and you've got no problem, you might want to try and sell more expensive items but even then you need to be really careful with the product that you are listing. The Honda jacket that you mentioned will most likely raise flags no matter how old you account is, because it'll most likely get VEROd sooner or later.

Read a bit more- Not about account creation, but about selling practices and experiences. If you can nail the concept of selling slow, then you can test is it the account creation process that kills the account, or the product.
At the moment you are just guessing and focusing on the techincal side of the account, but I feel like the product is the one that kills you.
OMG! Thanks Haidukken. That really helped me understand the process. I am loving this community!