eBay UK - Contradicting Information - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 05-28-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
Default eBay UK - Contradicting Information

Hello,

Recently, eBay have increased their issuance of permanent suspensions, the '0' seller allowance and overall c-ntness.

I've had a chance to sit down and speak with their support team who, to no avail, provided no support on the matter of the '0' seller allowance and even claimed that only a telephone-based department could deal with it, despite their live chat team resolving it twice on past stealth accounts.

Let's have a look at this fruitful conversation:

The representative was useless and wouldn't fix the seller allowance, providing excuses about another department who I'd need to call which had a 34 minute waiting time... I don't think so!

Then they explain that all new sellers have the '0' seller allowance as part of their verification process. Well that's strange, provided there's about 10 million new users each month, do each of them have to ring for their seller allowance to be set

They apologize numerous times, but unfortunately it won't help fix the issue at hand.

I am sure the department that handles seller allowances does have a contactable email abode, but they would not reveal it and were insistent of ringing them on the phone - most likely a tactic to record your real voice to keep on file for any future problems you cause them by using stealth info.

Then the conversation proceeds, and it gets even more tedious...

I became more sarcastic, in the hope of edging them to attempt editing the seller allowance on their own system, which I know they can on live chat.

Once again, they apologize and my problems have disappeared...then the good old' "I'll pass this to my manager" tactic comes in, to try and re-assure me that the issue may be resolved in 10 years time once they pull their finger out. "their next meeting" - like they're going to discuss seller allowances when there's the more appropriate topic at hand of how to scrutinize sellers even more - like the recent policy that now forces sellers to use PayPal with all items.

Then we pretty much exchange pleasantries and that's it. I did ask after that if the manager would contact me, with the expected response "There's no guarantees" in other words, no.

What did we learn from this? Some agents will pull their finger out to do something for you and others won't, no names, so if you don't get lucky first time, re-connect and try again. And that they're contradicting their own information, as sellers certainly don't get the '0' seller allowance unless they're a high risk / bad stealth setup, so they got that wrong. In this case, I was stung because of Entropay as a payment method on eBay, but this was for experimental purposes anyway.

I hope this didn't bore you too much, but it's quite interesting to see how badly managed they're increasingly becoming.

Last edited by JHerald; 05-28-2017 at 12:35 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-02-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: eBay UK - Contradicting Information

Chat in UK used to be very useful years and years ago, you could get stuff on your account solved in real time, and even chat with T&S, but found them unable to do anything much instantly for several years, maybe 3 or 4 years or more....they are now just an answering service, I do not think they are real agents that have access they are the lower form of hired monkey, and they just tell you to call or say they will send the message to the right dept...
Play (06-03-2017)
Old 06-03-2017

Longevity: 64%

ive found the chat to still be very useful
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigdaz For This Useful Post:
537465616c7468 (06-08-2017), james_112233 (05-11-2018)
Old 06-03-2017

Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaz View Post
ive found the chat to still be very useful
same for me, my last account had the 0 seller limits but live chat sorted this out while chatting to them. They did say for me to call ebay to sort it but after i moaned a little he did it for me there and then.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arkham_Joker For This Useful Post:
537465616c7468 (06-08-2017)
Old 06-03-2017

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
Chat in UK used to be very useful years and years ago, you could get stuff on your account solved in real time, and even chat with T&S, but found them unable to do anything much instantly for several years, maybe 3 or 4 years or more....they are now just an answering service, I do not think they are real agents that have access they are the lower form of hired monkey, and they just tell you to call or say they will send the message to the right dept...
Same goes for Amazon chat (for buyers though) - seems they are there to answer the easier questions so they don't end up clogging the support mailbox.

As for complex queries it seems emails are the way forward (and crossing your fingers hoping the agent dealing with the email wont just end up giving you a nonsensical response).
Old 06-03-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Try chat again some reps cant be bothered.
Old 06-03-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
Try chat again some reps cant be bothered.
Correct - when the agent is "loserish", try for a better one
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
537465616c7468 (06-08-2017)
Old 06-10-2017

The Webchat service is exactly like the Telephone service

Advisers have access to most parts of your account.

I have been able to get decisions made on opened cases, get negative feedback removed, had abusive buyers banned, and have even had my DSRs looked in to and edited.

Some queries are handled on the spot, like decision making on active cases and dashboard related problems, while other queries are forwarded to offline departments.

It really depends on who you are chatting with and sometimes a Webchat/E-mail query can only be handled on Telephone or vice versa. Just like any company, there is never a permanent structure, so departments may move around.

Usually they either request customers to Telephone or E-mail them, but the Webchat feature exists, is highly relevant, and is genuinely very useful.
Old 06-11-2017

Their live chat is useful but has its limitations.
For example if a buyer opens an INR and you have tracking proving delivery, 90% of the time you can go on live chat and the first agent you speak to will close the case in your favour and release the payment hold. I’ve done this a few times even within 10 or so minutes or the case being opened as I have been online whilst the request email came through.

There is a small number of times I’ve tried to do this and the agent tells me to add the tracking to case, wait 8 days and escalate it to eBay. There is no point fighting with them, just end the chat wait a few minutes and start a new chat.

From the amount of times I’ve used the live chat I definitely think they read from a script and the replies they give you are copy and pasted.
There are some issues they can not resolve and will send a copy of the chat to another department who will email a response.
But in general for things like INR and negative feedback removal, it gets rid of them a lot quicker than emailing and I just hate phoning them.
Old 06-11-2017
MU

Longevity: 45%

99% of the time you can get the 0/0 raised in chat with no issues.

If you get 'Jhay' just end chat and try again later as he is a total DH who insists raises can only be done if you call in on the phone.

It does make me laugh when the new script from these CSAs states EVERY new account starts with a 0/0 limit. That clearly isn't the case as I still get new accounts give me a limit off the bat without having to initiate chat to get one.