amazon wants tin number - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 10-11-2011
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%

Cardfelon has it right. Pretty much use of TIN EIN, SSN, etc is not a stealthy way to go. That rout is a legit route. IF you want to stay stealth those numbers dont even need brought up. You have to split sales further now to avoid the request from them.

You may say "what if they wont let us open any new account without it?" If that happens then times have changed and since this is all new there has to be work arounds created IF they can be."

These problems are just like any other problem that was figured out over the last few years with ebay and paypal as well.

At this time if you want stealth then split up accounts and avoid. If they ask for TIN and you want to be stealth, abandon the account and start fresh. Not much else you can do.

Old 10-11-2011

Longevity: 79%

I am I guess as everyone is about their accounts, very very passionate about Amazon as it has paid the Bills since 2002. So to just pack it up before searching for a solution is a hard pill to swallow for me so I am going to have to search the threads and figure this out. Oh and by the way I have every reciept and keep a daily log of miles, gas etc. So I do taxes every year but do very well because I have 6 kids (MAJOR DEDUCTIONS). I have a TIN already with my real info but don't know how this will pan out if I give it to Amazon. The sound of signing my Stealth Name and Putting my real TIN info in Amazon just makes me sick.
The Following User Says Thank You to kev59 For This Useful Post:
hardtobelegit (10-12-2011)
Old 10-11-2011
Executive [VIP]

Kev, I really would talk to a tax adviser or business attorney if I were you. seriously, They will help you out and save you way more than what it costs you upfront for sure. The true businesses that will thrive are those that do it correctly. This day and age with PP EB and amazon they are trying to weed out those fly by night operations. If you want to be a real player on any of those sites go about it correctly with a business plan etc.

If you have been using it for income for nearly 10yrs then I would go full blown business and do it all the way. Good luck and great work keeping records that good. many on here need to take heed.
Old 10-12-2011

Longevity: 73%

I pay my local tax rep $250 and I have over 100k in sales on amazon alone, not counting paypal.....he gives me a list of everything he needs, and all my records for the breaks. Basically I print out mostly everything with one click, and he does the math. Have been doing it for years........many of you are experiencing this for the first time, so I would suggest researching this a little more.
Old 10-12-2011

Longevity: 80%

Well, this Thread provides little help for this problem. Steaalth accounts are doomed if we cant remedy this tax info stuff. But I am not worried because, where there is a will there is a way. Advising us to consult tax professionals and such for stealth accounts? I don't understand this reasoning. , How can you get the ok to do this from a tax pro? In some way shape and form and everyone with a stealth account has the same problem, so how about this? When you consult your $150 an hour CPA, how about you tell us what they suggest? Post it in a thread....

How about we put a little time and effort into keeping with our stealth identities? There is a way around this. We just have to figure it out.
The Following User Says Thank You to hardtobelegit For This Useful Post:
madmuppet303 (11-21-2011)
Old 10-12-2011

Longevity: 76%

Solution for stealth, spread sales out. Or try to run turn and burns.
Old 10-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

If any information you give to Amazon is false, and they forward that information to the IRS and you get flagged because everything does not match, you will be in the Gov'ts crosshairs. This is a situation that you will want to avoid. Lying to Amazon is one thing, lying to the IRS is quite another. If you are stealth on Amazon right now, the end is near. Enjoy it while it lasted. All good things come to an end. No work a round for stealth. Get used to it, and move on.
Old 10-12-2011

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrqell View Post
If any information you give to Amazon is false, and they forward that information to the IRS and you get flagged because everything does not match, you will be in the Gov'ts crosshairs. This is a situation that you will want to avoid. Lying to Amazon is one thing, lying to the IRS is quite another. If you are stealth on Amazon right now, the end is near. Enjoy it while it lasted. All good things come to an end. No work a round for stealth. Get used to it, and move on.
Disagreed. Stealth is not going to be dead. SPREAD YOUR SALES AND ACCOUNTS!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UnderBites08 For This Useful Post:
hardtobelegit (10-24-2011), madmuppet303 (11-21-2011)
Old 10-12-2011

Longevity: 74%

Agreed. Instead of being cynical a little thinking will not kill anyone. We still have 2 months to think.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boszika For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2011

i have had an account banned 2 or 3 years ago from amazon due to being a new seller and giving a few refunds for defective items.

I have a ein for my corporation but i am the registered owner of the corporation.

I guess this is a tough one for someone who cant use real info. I dont think splitting up account will be feasible. i have over 400 monthly transactions over 2 accounts. that would require me to make about 4 accounts per month. Not to mention managing 50 accounts is nearly impossible.
Old 10-12-2011

Hi
I received the same e-mail yesterday from googlecheckout about tin number.
I do not use stealth account, all information is real under my account, but i'm selling VERo products and not quiet sure if i can get TIN number with IRS, i mean i will need to specify what kind of sales i do...
Any advise will be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 10-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderBites08 View Post
Disagreed. Stealth is not going to be dead. SPREAD YOUR SALES AND ACCOUNTS!

Sure, you can do this with ebay, but can you imagine the effort to make 5-10 new Amazon accounts per month. Amazon is alot more rigid with the requirements to open a new account. As people start making a zillion accounts, don't you think Amazon is gonna start cracking down on this by requiring a legitimate SS# for every new account. Sheeeeeesh, were toast!
hardtobelegit (10-24-2011)
Old 10-12-2011

Its going to be very difficult so only determined sellers will make it through this I think.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gamefreak For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2011
Threadstarter  

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 77%

amazon will not crack down on that.why?no more amazon steath sellers will hit them in the wallet,as greenbean and king ray stated,spread your sales out amoung lots of accounts.here is one example.amazon whats ss or tin number after 50 transactions.you need to sell products worth alot more than 15.00 or 20.00.so you reach your 50th transaction.then you get the old we need your tin number,dont forget they will give you a time frame to give it to them.by then you slamed another 20-30 transactions,then bye bye amazon account.now if you are selling items in the 50.00-100.00 range ,lets do the math.all you have to do is visit mr poindexter at the bank and well he is going to say how many bank accounts for today mr smith.i guess what iam saying is open a bank acct 150.00-300.00 to open new acct.profit for that whole steath account maybe 3000.00.its worth it.just another loop hole to jump over.
The Following User Says Thank You to mark2be For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2011

Longevity: 83%

Hit and run. But the thing is if you are selling big ticket items at say 150.0 a pop. They will put account into review. this will BLOW!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to alwaystrying For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2011
Threadstarter  

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 77%

wrong answer my friend. keep it under 750.00 or 700.00 a month, iam not sure .smooth sailing.its a go big time.............
Old 10-12-2011

You all are looking at this they completely wrong way. If you are going to sell on amazon, then you need to sell REAL items, NO FOO-FOOs and create the accounts to last. Here are all the problems with many of you "genius's" out there are thinking:

- Amazon is making you provide tax info no matter how many items or amount of income you make.

- Creating 100 stealth accounts will not work for many reasons.
1. If they detect you are doing this, then they will delete all accounts and you will get NO money. See some threads about this already.
2. If you create a stealth account to burn and turn knowing you arent going to enter tax info then you will be limited very soon and you will have to wait 90 days to get the money from the few items you sold.

-Its time for 99% of you people to create an account to last, sell non vero and quality items, and learn how to play the game the right way. If you think amazon is a pain, then the online selling world is going to hit you like a brick house, because this is how ALL online selling will be vero soon. I could go on for ages about this, but at the end of the day if you want a consistent income, no headaches, and the ability to go to bed and wake up in the morning knowing if you and will always have an account is to do this. Why do none of you understand this?
The Following User Says Thank You to RedShootingStar For This Useful Post:
KingRay (10-12-2011)
Old 10-12-2011

I agree with redshoot.. Stealth accounts are gonna be gone after dec26th. So its time to get real and open a real account and sell things that are not foo foo. Do not play with fire by messing with IRS. Its time to get real. Make all the money you want in next month n half and say bye bye to stealth accounts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rampury For This Useful Post:
RedShootingStar (10-16-2011)
Old 10-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShootingStar View Post
You all are looking at this they completely wrong way. If you are going to sell on amazon, then you need to sell REAL items, NO FOO-FOOs and create the accounts to last. Here are all the problems with many of you "genius's" out there are thinking:

- Amazon is making you provide tax info no matter how many items or amount of income you make.

- Creating 100 stealth accounts will not work for many reasons.
1. If they detect you are doing this, then they will delete all accounts and you will get NO money. See some threads about this already.
2. If you create a stealth account to burn and turn knowing you arent going to enter tax info then you will be limited very soon and you will have to wait 90 days to get the money from the few items you sold.

-Its time for 99% of you people to create an account to last, sell non vero and quality items, and learn how to play the game the right way. If you think amazon is a pain, then the online selling world is going to hit you like a brick house, because this is how ALL online selling will be vero soon. I could go on for ages about this, but at the end of the day if you want a consistent income, no headaches, and the ability to go to bed and wake up in the morning knowing if you and will always have an account is to do this. Why do none of you understand this?

Hey, Im with you on this. I have been trying to hammer this message home for months now and still get the same posts daily on the same issues.
RedShootingStar (10-14-2011)
Old 10-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

You dont understand this stuff in the simplest sense. If you were to talk to a tax adviser, business attorney, etc, They will not give the same advice to each person that walks in. A business is a VERY complicated thing that people pass off as a joke. Most people that are in business for themselves hate it. talk to someone that owns their own business and ask them how much vacation time they have or how much sick leave they have. Or when the last time they went on vacation.

My point is that the advisers give personalized help for each business. No 2 businesses are the same in any way. you have real estate, rental agreements, stock on hand, stock on credit, credit ratings, sales tax payments and income tax payments to make quarterly, insurance, etc, etc, etc to worry about.

You guys that just want to sell and collect cash are seeing your easy lifestyle end very fast in front of your eyes.

Things are changing. If you want to "hustle" which is what many of you are really doing then split up accounts and spread sales, that is all there is to do. VERY simple.

If you want to have a less stressful business life then do what they ask when they want a business tax ID. If not then keep doing what you are doing. its not hard to understand. you guys just want a quick fix and its not there and wont be.

IF Stealth is what you want and I assume it is since some are on this site for that reason only then the TIN is not for you at all.

I have rambled enough on this but trying to make this point on dozens of posts is getting old when only about 5% of you are getting how things work.
RedShootingStar (10-14-2011)
Old 10-12-2011

Longevity: 82%

stealth accounts will prevail no doubt.If the people on the amazon boards and some on these boards say that they were paying taxes all these years they are full of SH!T.Only if you a real business Then you payed taxes. But the average3rd party seller No Fkn way! Why would you report income that was not traceble.and I feel the govt are crooks just beat us down some more . The govt is so good that they have to hide there laws thousands of pages deep in bs laws that no one will read. and come on do they actually really read their own bs. just drag us behind a truck some more!! what will be next tax the air we breath..
That is real good. There will be a way with stealth but it will now be quite involved ..

the us is now officially a cesspool thanks to the current administration..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beaches For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Cool, You said what I have been wanting to say about some stealth users for years now. 100% correct.