ARE your sales still slow this month? Oct - Nov 2014 - Page 8 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-15-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default re: ARE your sales still slow this month? Oct - Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanislav View Post
No doubt something major is up. I just can't figure out if it's all intentional or if they majorly messed up their Cassini (CAN'T-SEE-ME) search engine. Maybe they should stop hiring programmers from third world countries in order to save money and start sourcing local it developers only.
There is no doubt that part of their problems are technical in nature. As an ex-programmer myself, I can't help laughing when I come across the constant glitches on difference pages.

The second issue is Donahue himself. He swore up and down that there was never going to be a split with PayPal. Ironic somehow and very embarrassing. I thing the balance of the problems are with management themselves and their 1970's human resources business model. I have never seen such deplorable customer service in my life.

Honestly, I was the idiot sending them $1600 in fees and waiting an hour on the phone just to get a rep!
The Following User Says Thank You to CanBrit For This Useful Post:
stanislav (11-15-2014)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-15-2014

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBrit View Post
There is no doubt that part of their problems are technical in nature. As an ex-programmer myself, I can't help laughing when I come across the constant glitches on difference pages.

The second issue is Donahue himself. He swore up and down that there was never going to be a split with PayPal. Ironic somehow and very embarrassing. I thing the balance of the problems are with management themselves and their 1970's human resources business model. I have never seen such deplorable customer service in my life.

Honestly, I was the idiot sending them $1600 in fees and waiting an hour on the phone just to get a rep!
Last month I paid $3500 in fees.

Aside from their constant technical glitches due to poor programming they are now intentionally hiding our listings. Since August 20th, after they realized their new defect rate policy wasn't enough to eliminate established sellers they decided to finish what they have planned all along which is to get rid of as many sellers as possible.
Old 11-15-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Most likely they are outsourcing their Programming outside the US and thus becoming difficult to get the programmer online when he/she is probably asleep. And I do agree, their site is too glitchy and it seems like it gets worst and worst every day.
Old 11-15-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Last month I paid $3500 in fees.

Aside from their constant technical glitches due to poor programming they are now intentionally hiding our listings. Since August 20th, after they realized their new defect rate policy wasn't enough to eliminate established sellers they decided to finish what they have planned all along which is to get rid of as many sellers as possible.
There very clearly is a motive to get rid of us for sure. It is so ridiculous when PayPal tells me what a wonderful client I am. That they don't understand what the heck eBay is doing. One of their reps released funds to me before an item was actually received, totally bypassing eBay's dictatorial demands and restrictions they have placed on my business.

Now that my buying has been cut down to nothing, lets see how wonderful I stay.
Old 11-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Most likely they are outsourcing their Programming outside the US and thus becoming difficult to get the programmer online when he/she is probably asleep. And I do agree, their site is too glitchy and it seems like it gets worst and worst every day.
What about the bigger picture? How has it been overall in the last say 10 years? Not sure if you've been a active Ebayer that long but I thought I read on some thread you have...

BTW still awaiting that PM reply back MM78
Old 11-15-2014

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBrit View Post
There very clearly is a motive to get rid of us for sure. It is so ridiculous when PayPal tells me what a wonderful client I am. That they don't understand what the heck eBay is doing. One of their reps released funds to me before an item was actually received, totally bypassing eBay's dictatorial demands and restrictions they have placed on my business.

Now that my buying has been cut down to nothing, lets see how wonderful I stay.
The fact that PayPal is spinning off means that eBay is in a world of trouble. This year alone there were a few prominent people who left eBay. Something major is up and I am not sure if it's all positive. John Hoe is stepping down but will remain on board of directors. This delusional idiot destroyed ebay. It was once a gaint, now it's nothing but a deserted town. What a shame! John, ebay was never Amazon and it will never be one! eBay was a unique place until you tried to turn it into your own distorted vision.
CanBrit (11-15-2014), scotch (11-25-2014)
Old 11-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
The fact that PayPal is spinning off means that eBay is in a world of trouble. This year alone there were a few prominent people who left eBay. Something major is up and I am not sure if it's all positive. John Hoe is stepping down but will remain on board of directors. This delusional idiot destroyed ebay. It was once a gaint, now it's nothing but a deserted town. What a shame! John, ebay was never Amazon and it will never be one! eBay was a unique place until you tried to turn it into your own distorted vision.
For real. I thought Bush was bad until I got Obama. And I definitely though Whitman was horrible until I got Donahue.

I agree eBay was never suppose to be Amazon. It was like a big garage sale of small independent sellers until Donahue destroyed it. Now eBay is lost they have so few sellers now that in many areas is actually hurting them. It is like going to a store and having empty shelves.

I agree stanislav 110%. All the posts I have read, you definitely go back and understand what has happened. eBay is not even close to what it once was. Anyone on here saying eBay is bigger than it use to be. Maybe revenue from other ventures. But transactions and the community at-least in the US and I am sure is same in UK is smaller than it was about 5 years ago.
Old 11-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Sales prices have tanked this past week BUT that is very usual for me. Starting Sunday everything explodes.

Ebay Sucks, Paypal Sucks, Amazon sucks, retail brick and mortar sucks, everything sucks but many of us are doing better than ever, adapt, change, and if need be, copy/paste what others are doing.
Old 11-23-2014

Activity: 31%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Sales prices have tanked this past week BUT that is very usual for me. Starting Sunday everything explodes.

Ebay Sucks, Paypal Sucks, Amazon sucks, retail brick and mortar sucks, everything sucks but many of us are doing better than ever, adapt, change, and if need be, copy/paste what others are doing.

100000% agree! I can't add anything to that as you already summed up everything in the post, thanks!

Some people here need to take that advice to heart.
The Following User Says Thank You to solefoodbk For This Useful Post:
scotch (11-25-2014)
Old 11-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Visibility. I can list a $400.00 item and get a watcher in an hour and oftentimes sold. NOT using relist option, straight up new listing.
On the $40-100 items, it is taking almost one day and they are MORE popular items.

I will be on ebay 16+ hours a day for the next five weeks and will have this well tested account to account along with on the same accounts. This could totally change my velocity via bundled items compared to single items if it is not a random fluke.
Old 11-23-2014

Yep. I have plenty of items I need to get listed ASAP. That relisting method is key, I bet most people don't know NOT to do it. Not sure if your the orginal person spreading the message about it but I've seen that discussed before. This is the time we've ALL been waiting for, time to make stuff happen!
Old 11-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Default Is your sales still slow this month? Oct - Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
Yep. I have plenty of items I need to get listed ASAP. That relisting method is key, I bet most people don't know NOT to do it. Not sure if your the orginal person spreading the message about it but I've seen that discussed before. This is the time we've ALL been waiting for, time to make stuff happen!

Are you talking about the auto-relist option? Please elaborate...
Old 11-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Anyone not currently using Amazon for many products I will say it has been a blessing the past few months since I started. I did have to buy a bunch of unused SKUs off eBay to get started because of the products I sell. I never knew about going that route before. But none the less it has given me about a 15% boost in sales the past few months. For me any boost in sales is a major help. eBay seems dead to me compared to previous years. I am on year 12.
Old 11-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

On Amazon I am in outdoor sports category(as a general rule) and it is not comparable to ebay. I sell more on ebay in one week than I do on amazon the entire year. The competitors on Amazon in this category don't like making any money at all lol
Old 11-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
On Amazon I am in outdoor sports category(as a general rule) and it is not comparable to ebay. I sell more on ebay in one week than I do on amazon the entire year. The competitors on Amazon in this category don't like making any money at all lol
I'm in the same category. I would say it has been about 10-15% of what I normally sell on eBay. I will take it and I actually get a little bit more for my items on Amazon than I do on eBay.
Old 11-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
I'm in the same category. I would say it has been about 10-15% of what I normally sell on eBay. I will take it and I actually get a little bit more for my items on Amazon than I do on eBay.
I will sell more tomorrow evening than an entire year on Amazon in archery. I am not at all joking.
I will get more feedback in one day on ebay on one big account than I have in six or seven years on Amazon combined.
In my little world it is not comparable at all. It is less than 1/1000 of my sales lol
Old 11-29-2014

Longevity: 97%

Business was slow at this one retail franchisee I was managing part-time I quit the other week. I gave my boss the key, she was like "what's this for ?" I was like I quit, and walked out..

I just got back on eBay it's hard to be patience on there this time of year
Old 11-29-2014

Longevity: 97%

Quote:

I like the positive energy on this board. They all suck clerance stuff you could turn an easy buck on in different stores given you knew what you were doing are all fading away and they just put the **** online now. I know so many people stuck with stuff or trying to consign stuff it cracks me up
The Following User Says Thank You to J dub 1984 For This Useful Post:
solefoodbk (11-30-2014)
Old 11-30-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquabats View Post
I am 100% sure that it is a visibility issue. Perhaps a glitch.

The real question is ''will they fix it?''
What makes you say that? Sales are still 50% down for me and still makes no sence, especially when Amazon is booming.
Old 11-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Visibility is not a glitch. It has not been a glitch for years.
They funnel sales for a slew of reasons.

Ebay is quite aware that the platform can be manipulated for visibility of auctions side of things. Someone with deep inventory, systems and manpower(being able to deliver goods/handle volume) can easy bury most other sellers items in search.
So they came up with this system that literally turns visibility on and off. It is right in the terms and conditions of using ebay when you open your sellers account.

The good and bad(for me and my partners) is that this has changed A LOT over the past 13 months. You no longer can buy the visibility. Ebay will close down a "Controlling seller"
The very odd thing is that it is so incredibly random, especially in flooded markets such as phone anything etc...
Old 11-30-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

It's just so inconsistent this year as opposed to last, last year as soon as my accounts had paypal holds lifted and increase in eBay Sales than Id just list all BIN with immediate payment and would sell 100 items in a day or two .

Now as soon as my account get the limits raised and holds lifted I feel that's it every once in a while I'll get a flash where they make my listings visible and I'll sell 20 $100 items and than wont get another sale for a week

I do better on newer accounts with holds , and just keep spreading out sales than I do with just one aged account with great history of selling
Old 11-30-2014

Haha this thread will probably last into December.