What are the ways and reasons we can appeal case closed without buyers resolution - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-18-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default What are the ways and reasons we can appeal case closed without buyers resolution

I was trying to appeal a case. Buyer opened a return. Then emailed me. I emailed him back to tell him to ship it back so I can send him the correct part. He bought the wrong one.

The case was closed in the buyers favor. He hasn't shipped it back yet.

I'm trying to figure out how to handle this. Can I tell the buyer anything? Tell the buyer to email ebay?

If everything goes to ****, and the case finishes, and I get the defect, I'm allowed to appeal. But ebay obviously wouldn't give me the reasons I can appeal for.

Does anyone know what reasons I can use?

This will put me at 0.32% , Which means below standard. This is my main account, and the account I make 90% of all my money. Old account and big account.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-18-2016

Longevity: 46%
Default Re: What are the ways and reasons we can appeal case closed without buyers resolution

There are literally none. I had 3 and it put me out of business. After a dozen calls, eBay US kept saying 'no problem they will fix it for you!' Then transferring me to India, where they say 'I know that is not the answer you were hoping for, but there is nothing we can do'. (The only appeals department is in India, I respectfully asked the nice US car to be transferred to another US as they were so helpful, and he understood and laughed, but said that department was only in India)

Among my legitimate reasons for appeal were not receiving the item back. The item being 100% as described and 'no returns selected'. Several mobile glitches that showed it was on the buyer to act... But on the buyers end it appeared it was my inaction. I had photographic proof of all... A dozen print outs and photographs I was reading off of, and could provide as proof. I even had the return glitch happening on ANOTHER return while on the phone with them... Provided proof... And they said 'wow that shouldn't be happening, you are right!"

But in the end nothing matters, there is absolutely nothing that could be done. In the words of eBay "I'm sorry that was not the answer you were hoping for, please try to have a better day!" Luckily, you can make that .02 back within a month no problem. Mine was far worse and I had to setup another account.

Last edited by stressed08; 07-18-2016 at 09:02 AM.
Old 07-18-2016
Threadstarter  

Default Re: What are the ways and reasons we can appeal case closed without buyers resolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressed08 View Post
There are literally none. I had 3 and it put me out of business. After a dozen calls, eBay US kept saying 'no problem they will fix it for you!' Then transferring me to India, where they say 'I know that is not the answer you were hoping for, but there is nothing we can do'. (The only appeals department is in India, I respectfully asked the nice US car to be transferred to another US as they were so helpful, and he understood and laughed, but said that department was only in India)

Among my legitimate reasons for appeal were not receiving the item back. The item being 100% as described and 'no returns selected'. Several mobile glitches that showed it was on the buyer to act... But on the buyers end it appeared it was my inaction. I had photographic proof of all... A dozen print outs and photographs I was reading off of, and could provide as proof. I even had the return glitch happening on ANOTHER return while on the phone with them... Provided proof... And they said 'wow that shouldn't be happening, you are right!"

But in the end nothing matters, there is absolutely nothing that could be done. In the words of eBay "I'm sorry that was not the answer you were hoping for, please try to have a better day!" Luckily, you can make that .02 back within a month no problem. Mine was far worse and I had to setup another account.
Making that .02 back isn't as easy as it seems. I've had to sell an additional 80 items, on top of my normal sales. My sales have been pretty awful lately. 50 a month give or take.

This metric counts all the back to a year, so the good months I had a year ago, are going to drop off, and my percentage will be even lower.

And all this, while being below standard? I honestly can't see a way for ANYONE to get out of this pit.
Old 07-18-2016

It is truly aweful. In my case, and it sounds like yours, I went from 0% defect top rated... To bottom of the search page scum overnight. You'd think they would take into effect your past performance, but their reply was "we know this all happened in 30 days, our system senses this is becoming a pattern of bad behavior." What bs.

With that said, the first month even with poor sales from being at the bottom of the page, my rate went up by the .02. That's unfortunately all it went up... But it went up that much without even trying.
Old 07-18-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressed08 View Post
It is truly aweful. In my case, and it sounds like yours, I went from 0% defect top rated... To bottom of the search page scum overnight. You'd think they would take into effect your past performance, but their reply was "we know this all happened in 30 days, our system senses this is becoming a pattern of bad behavior." What bs.

With that said, the first month even with poor sales from being at the bottom of the page, my rate went up by the .02. That's unfortunately all it went up... But it went up that much without even trying.
It all depends on what part of the selling season you are in. If this happened in a few months, I'd be able to get back those .02. But I'm in the slow end right now. Like I said, I'd hvae to sell at least 80 more items this month. 80 more than the 50 I'm currently averaging.
Old 07-18-2016
Threadstarter  

So heres what I did. After 2 hours of talking to 6 different people. One of them told me that if there isn't a tracking number after 5 days, I can call in and have the case closed out in my favor. But I need to really push them for that. Then I went to the buyer, and asked them not to ship it yet. I refunded them directly in the mean time. So, we will see how honest this ebay rep is. He said he will personally see to closing out the case thursday morning, and call me back once he does it.
Old 07-21-2016
Threadstarter  

God, I am so effen sick of ebay. Didn't receive any call this morning as promised. Nothing was effen done.

Called ebay again, and some how magically there are NEVER ANY NOTES attached to any important calls. Only the calls that don't matter seem to have notes. But when you actually need to prove something? Nope, no notes. F you ebay. F you and your Indian call centers.
Old 07-21-2016
Banned

Longevity: 73%

How much more money are you willing to lose before being done with eBay and PayPal?
Old 07-21-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 48%

Go to your 'all selling' page and go to where it tells you to request higher limits.
They will tell you no and give you a call in number.
Call that number and ask to talk about seller limits. From my experience,
they are all in the US and have gotten me to the correct dept and fixed things.
Especially things that affect your seller standards. If you don't get the option
for this then go through the contact us page and request selling limits.
They have been really good to me, especially if you are right and you are being nice to them.
Get their name and ask what dept they are in. Ask for their id or for a case number for the call
before you start talking.

If they can't help you, throw a bunch of dollar store items on buy it now to get your item count up. I went to goodwill and grabbed a bunch of the 50 cent vhs tapes and the $1 dvds and sold them all with free shipping. I lost about $50 total but it got my count to where I needed it. You will get out of the hole, they will see you are selling and shipping and having no issues and you will be fine. They don't look at what kind of things you are selling or the price. They only look at sales numbers and defect numbers. Ship with ONLY a tracking number. Mark all your items 3 day handling time and media mail shipping. That will give you at least 10-14 days for the item to arrive. Then you ship first class, which winds up being cheaper than media most of the time, and they get there early. Everybody is happy. VHS tapes go like crazy. Don't know why but they do.
The Following User Says Thank You to chicagoIL For This Useful Post:
james13v (08-10-2016)
Old 07-21-2016

There is literally only one call center for appeals, and it is India. Like I said that call center for selling limits is awesome, so friendly, but when I asked if he was sure he couldn't transfer me to another helpful rep like himself, he confirmed the appeals department is only in India. His chuckle told me he gets that question often. Appeals is the only department that handles this issue.

Also not sure why you're selecting so much additional handling time for first class. While there is no guarantee, it will go coast to coast, even to Washington state, in 3-4 days so long as it is a machinable box. Anything longer and it got lost and found again.

Last edited by stressed08; 07-21-2016 at 03:26 PM.
Old 08-10-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoIL View Post
Go to your 'all selling' page and go to where it tells you to request higher limits.
They will tell you no and give you a call in number.
Call that number and ask to talk about seller limits. From my experience,
they are all in the US and have gotten me to the correct dept and fixed things.
Especially things that affect your seller standards. If you don't get the option
for this then go through the contact us page and request selling limits.
They have been really good to me, especially if you are right and you are being nice to them.
Get their name and ask what dept they are in. Ask for their id or for a case number for the call
before you start talking.

If they can't help you, throw a bunch of dollar store items on buy it now to get your item count up. I went to goodwill and grabbed a bunch of the 50 cent vhs tapes and the $1 dvds and sold them all with free shipping. I lost about $50 total but it got my count to where I needed it. You will get out of the hole, they will see you are selling and shipping and having no issues and you will be fine. They don't look at what kind of things you are selling or the price. They only look at sales numbers and defect numbers. Ship with ONLY a tracking number. Mark all your items 3 day handling time and media mail shipping. That will give you at least 10-14 days for the item to arrive. Then you ship first class, which winds up being cheaper than media most of the time, and they get there early. Everybody is happy. VHS tapes go like crazy. Don't know why but they do.
I took your advice. Someone in the limit department was finally able to help me. Saved my account.

Also got a ton of DVD's. Put them at auction for a penny and $3.65 shipping.