Financial panic.. MC011: Proof of delivery - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 10-17-2022

Activity: 24%
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: Financial panic.. MC011: Proof of delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
That is not true, it is not for business accounts, it is for all accounts unless you can offer up evidence to the contrary. (hint, you can't)

This isn't some MP manipulation for payouts on a brand new account, OP is looking to save its a 15 year old 'established' account. Ebay will not let them change ownership. I can't understand why you think they will, nor can I understand why you would encourage then to offer up a clean, unlinked ID which could be put to much better use.

I mentioned earlier that I have never seen an account created by a minor re-instated, can anyone supply any links for someone who got an MC224 overturned?

But if OP wants to follow your advice over mine that an account created by a minor, selling modified freeware, hit by an MC011 then a permanent suspension MC224 can be salvaged by offering up someone elses ID then good for them. It's no skin off my nose, I simply don't want them to do anything rash or wasteful because the account is dead.

Let's just leave it to OP to decide what to do now.
Yes great that’s fair enough we will wait for the op to respond to see if they have that option if they do great if not then move on.

All I can say is I have transferred an account with managed payments to my name not with an MC224 suspension which is why I asked the person if they have this option or not.

The thing is I read so much stuff on this forum and some of the things I read that eBay black list your details and account is dead when it’s gets MC011 is honestly baffling to me.

I have re created accounts with same ID (my own) and also passed MC011 in the passed.

We are all here for the same reason to give and help people creating accounts or by helping them with restrictions.

If it was me and I had a 15 year old eBay account which failed MC011 for what ever reason it failed and then followed by MC224 I would try and see if I have the option to change details over if I can’t it’s also no skin of my nose either but if I can great I keep my account.

It’s not about using someone’s else’s ID it’s about asking for permission if you can use their info. Example would be my brother let me use his details but he said I can’t use his passport so if this option pops up on my eBay account I will change details over which I have already successfully done on one of my accounts.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-17-2022

Activity: 90%
Longevity: 46%

if no ID was uploaded before it is indeed possible to change ownership and provide ID for corrected details
Old 10-19-2022
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%

Quote:
IMO it would be madness to butcher valid ID in a futile attempt to salvage an account which is surely dead.

They're simply fishing for info to add to their blacklist.

(AFAIK there is not one reported instance where ebay have allowed an account create by a minor to be re-instated)
Sorry to be clear - I meant using a Dl instead of the passport I submitted. However this assumes they don't link different types of ID's together?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samspalace View Post
Even if they do add your account information to the so called black list it doesn’t make a difference because you can still create an account with your name and date of birth with your ID which has already been rejected with managed payments before it’s knowing how the system works to work around it.
I don't understand, why would using a banned ID not result in the account being suspended? I was wondering about this also as I've seen your threads about using your real name and DOB but using past addresses. I don't understand how you will pass an ID check, unless you plan to use different types of ID as eBay can't link / cross reference them?

Unfortunately I am not allowed to change the ownership of the account - tried with 2 reps by phone so far. Will try by live chat a few times to see if I have any luck. IF I am able to do this then I'll think about using someones ID with permission (if there are another other family members ID's I could still use). I certainly wouldn't sacrifice my only fresh ID option.

Sam - I think the MC224 is much worse than an MC011 as I'm not even allowed to buy. I created a few new accounts without an IP reset just to test and they were auto banned in 30 minutes. I would assume this means my ID will be black listed, maybe for an MC011 it is not black listed.

Last edited by sam999; 10-19-2022 at 06:12 PM.
Old 10-19-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam999 View Post
Sorry to be clear - I meant using a Dl instead of the passport I submitted. However this assumes they don't link different types of ID's together?

I don't understand, why would using a banned ID not result in the account being suspended? I was wondering about this also as I've seen your threads about using your real name and DOB but using past addresses. I don't understand how you will pass an ID check, unless you plan to use different types of ID as eBay can't link / cross reference them?
If you have the option to change details to a family friend and upload their ID then it’s worth a try in my opinion to save your account.

You can’t submit your own ID as you created the account before your 18th birthday.

Yes correct I use my name, date of birth and previous address on credit report and I use the same passport but take a different picture.

Passports, driving licenses, names and date of births do not go on any black list. Only an address which was suspended, phone number, email can not be used. You can even use a same bank account which was suspended on managed payments after some time as well.

Managed payments has changed a lot compared to the old days and in my opinion it’s just as easy as it was before but I had to go through 16 accounts to learn it all.

It’s like learning a new skill at a job that’s the way I looked at it.
Old 10-19-2022
Threadstarter  

Thanks Sam, I did not refresh the page after being away for a few days so there is more in my previous post now.

"Passports, driving licenses, names and date of births do not go on any black list. Only an address which was suspended, phone number, email can not be used. You can even use a same bank account which was suspended on managed payments after some time as well."

How long have you tested this for? It's groundbreaking if true but I don't think you can be sure until at least a 1 year+ later. I'm fairly sure I've read about people trying to reuse an old ID and getting banned right after submitting.

Is there any reason you take a different picture? (assume you mean photoshop?) It seems like the last thing they would check compared to all the other details.

Last edited by sam999; 10-19-2022 at 06:41 PM.
Old 10-19-2022

Quote:
Thanks Sam, I did not refresh the page after being away for a few days so there is more in my previous post now.

"Passports, driving licenses, names and date of births do not go on any black list. Only an address which was suspended, phone number, email can not be used. You can even use a same bank account which was suspended on managed payments after some time as well."

How long have you tested this for? It's groundbreaking if true but I don't think you can be sure until at least a 1 year+ later.

Is there any reason you take a different picture? (assume you mean photoshop?) It seems like the last thing they would check compared to all the other details.
I started creating accounts back in January this year gave up after about 9 failed. Came back about 4/5 months ago lost another 7 accounts but was determined to get back on eBay and every account I was losing I knew I was getting closer to getting back on eBay.

I’ve had 2 real passports suspended on eBay managed payments this is going back 4/6 months. One was for a real address which I’ve never lived at and the other one was for a made up address.

My test account passport only passed a week ago but it’s the first time it’s ever passed and not been suspended. I currently have a risky item live on eBay now.

The only reason I took a different photo is because my 2 photos used failed so I thought I would just re take photo to see what happens. I don’t use any photoshop or edit anything.

Going back to the whole black list thing maybe eBay could blacklist details for a certain amount of months.

I did read that once an account is suspended after 30/60 days all account information is removed but this can’t be 100% true as you can never use the same address so maybe after a period of time you can re use passport and same bank accounts.
Old 10-20-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,938 Times in 8,229 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
I started creating accounts back in January this year gave up after about 9 failed. Came back about 4/5 months ago lost another 7 accounts but was determined to get back on eBay and every account I was losing I knew I was getting closer to getting back on eBay.

I’ve had 2 real passports suspended on eBay managed payments this is going back 4/6 months. One was for a real address which I’ve never lived at and the other one was for a made up address.
Have to keep at it
Old 10-20-2022

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
Sam - I think the MC224 is much worse than an MC011 as I'm not even allowed to buy. I created a few new accounts without an IP reset just to test and they were auto banned in 30 minutes. I would assume this means my ID will be black listed, maybe for an MC011 it is not black listed.
It is, an MC224 is a permanent suspension and cannot be appealed. As you know they will not let you change ownership.

I can only repeat, do not offer up any ID, or 'clean' information whatsoever.

The account is dead, time to start again. Take your time, proceed carefully and slowly, do not give them any links to the suspended accounts and appear normal.
Old 10-20-2022
Threadstarter  

"The only reason I took a different photo is because my 2 photos used failed so I thought I would just re take photo to see what happens. I don’t use any photoshop or edit anything."

Sorry I'm confused what you mean by take a different picture? How can you change the picture of your passport without Photoshop unless you apply for a new one?

Going back to the whole black list thing maybe eBay could blacklist details for a certain amount of months.

I did read that once an account is suspended after 30/60 days all account information is removed but this can’t be 100% true as you can never use the same address so maybe after a period of time you can re use passport and same bank accounts.

Is anyone else able to comment on either of these?

Also does anyone know if different types of ID get cross referenced and refused / account suspended, e.g passport suspended so a DL will result in a new account suspension (with an old not linked address)?

Many thanks

Last edited by sam999; 10-20-2022 at 08:02 PM.
Old 10-21-2022

Quote:
[I]

Also does anyone know if different types of ID get cross referenced and refused / account suspended, e.g passport suspended so a DL will result in a new account suspension (with an old not linked address)?

Many thanks
Ebay do not delete data, indeed they are legally obliged to keep it for several years, a minimum of 6 I think, but in reality I'll wager they never voluntarily delete anything - and why would they?

I do not believe they have the ability to cross reference ID's, I can only imagine State departments can do that. So if you don't link to and old account in any way then an alternative ID to one already used should work just fine.
Old 10-21-2022

Quote:
"The only reason I took a different photo is because my 2 photos used failed so I thought I would just re take photo to see what happens. I don’t use any photoshop or edit anything."

Sorry I'm confused what you mean by take a different picture? How can you change the picture of your passport without Photoshop unless you apply for a new one?

Many thanks
It’s not hard to understand I take picture about 4 months ago using my iPhone 12 send ID in with a made up address ID fails.

I use same photo of ID as last photo with real address not address I live at and account gets suspended.

Few months later I create a test account using name and address on credit report. 1 week later I get asked for ID. I take different picture of passport so same passport but different photo taken. ID passes.

I get asked 3 days ago after reaching £1100 turnover threshold using my brothers details with his permission. I get asked for ID my brother not let me use his ID. I take a different picture/photo of my ID and submit it and it passes again.

I need to let everyone know this as it’s important trust me ebay do not keep previous photos of ID taken if they did then how as my ID same passport passed on 2 different accounts after being suspended on 2 previous managed payment accounts?

They either keep it for 30/60 days like they say they do and then permanently delete it but either way you can re use your ID which has been suspended before.

I can’t illiterate this anymore then I already have done for you.
Old 10-21-2022

Quote:
Ebay do not delete data, indeed they are legally obliged to keep it for several years, a minimum of 6 I think, but in reality I'll wager they never voluntarily delete anything - and why would they?

I do not believe they have the ability to cross reference ID's, I can only imagine State departments can do that. So if you don't link to and old account in any way then an alternative ID to one already used should work just fine.
Hank when you say eBay do not have the ability to cross reference IDs I assume you are meaning eBay will not accept ID on more than 1 account if ID has been suspended on managed payments before?

If this is what you are referring to you couldn’t be anymore wrong as I have sent my own passport which failed twice on managed payments and it’s now passed on 2 accounts even when I changed details over it passed as well.
Old 10-21-2022

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 42%

Never have 1 account. Always multiple.

Let us know if you managed to restore your main account or if you need any help
Old 10-21-2022

Quote:
Hank when you say eBay do not have the ability to cross reference IDs I assume you are meaning eBay will not accept ID on more than 1 account if ID has been suspended on managed payments before?

If this is what you are referring to you couldn’t be anymore wrong as I have sent my own passport which failed twice on managed payments and it’s now passed on 2 accounts even when I changed details over it passed as well.
No, I don't mean that. I was replying to post #31

"Also does anyone know if different types of ID get cross referenced and refused / account suspended, e.g passport suspended so a DL will result in a new account suspension"
Old 10-21-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duab View Post

They won't, an MC224 is a permanent suspension without the possibility to appeal. They can't even buy on it any more. It's dead.
Old 10-21-2022

Quote:
They won't, an MC224 is a permanent suspension without the possibility to appeal. They can't even buy on it any more. It's dead.
Think you might be right on this MC224 don’t think the person had the option to change details over even if they wanted to as it was a permanent suspension.

I’ve seen Duab reinstate accounts in the forum maybe he can come up with his magic and reinstate that account.
Old 10-21-2022

Quote:
Think you might be right on this MC224 don’t think the person had the option to change details over even if they wanted to as it was a permanent suspension.

I’ve seen Duab reinstate accounts in the forum maybe he can come up with his magic and reinstate that account.
They've already confirmed ebay have told them they cannot change details or transfer it.

There's no magic that can re-instate this account, it is dead. Surely nobody would spend or take money on this one?
Old 10-21-2022

Quote:
They've already confirmed ebay have told them they cannot change details or transfer it.

There's no magic that can re-instate this account, it is dead. Surely nobody would spend or take money on this one?
If theirs no option and the account is dead which seems like it is it is time for the person to move on and create back up accounts.
Old 10-21-2022
Threadstarter  

Sorry Sam - when you said "re take the photo" I assumed you couldn't have meant in a literal sense, and must have been meaning you retook the photo on the actual ID so something was changed. All makes sense now.. thanks for explaining in such details.

Unfortunately ALL my addresses on my credit history were delivery addresses on the account, so it looks like I can't make any more in my name unless I move house, despite having other ID's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duab View Post
Never have 1 account. Always multiple.

I do, but do you have a strategy to fight an MC224?

Not sure if I've mentioned but eBay have given me an option to upload another ID as an appeal. It's very odd since it implies the first ID would have to be ⊗⊗⊗⊗ etc and supports Hank's idea of them data collecting.

I noticed today I've been unbarred from requesting call backs so my current plan besides sorting out other accounts is: Request calls until I get a nice lady from the Irish call centre, they have been very good in the past. If that fails I plan to submit my birth certificate with a modified DOB, since there is no automated way to valid a certificate It's a final attempt as I can't see I have anything to lose in doing this.

Last edited by sam999; 10-21-2022 at 08:29 PM.
Old 10-21-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 62%
Longevity: 91%

My experience fighting them is a waste of time.

I put as little effort and double down on account creation when something like this happens.

Just thought I'd share.
Old 10-22-2022

You can change address on your online banking app I changed my address on nationwide online banking and Lloyds and the address I changed to appeared on clear score and credit karma and I’ve used that address for another account only small limits so only sold approx £300 on that account so not been asked for ID yet.
Old 10-22-2022

Activity: 90%
Longevity: 46%

it is becoming too difficult just develop new accounts , you are not blacklisted automatically if suspended.blacklist is usually for people with serious violations , especially for copyright and fraud , possibly for performance issues too if lots of complaints were received and fraud is suspected

with all other issues there is a good chance you can just open new accounts
The Following User Says Thank You to murdered_by_ebay For This Useful Post:
Superboy23 (04-04-2023)