Financial panic.. MC011: Proof of delivery - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-17-2022

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 36%
Exclamation Financial crisis.. MC011: Proof of delivery

I'd seriously appreciate some help, I'm in a complete panic. I'm currently not working due to ill health and for now, eBay with my 15yr account has been my only source of income with a house and mortgage to pay for. This was a temporary plan while I try and sort my health out.

I've been selling a mixture of physical (collection only) and digital items, but freeware which I have modified and so is completely legal. I even sent in licence agreements for some of the software which eBay kept on file.

I've had a manic week of sales which concerned me as I know this can trigger problems. I even tried to limit my own sales by making items out of stock but I seemed to make sales on items that usually don't sell well. I've been hit with MC011 demanding proof of delivery which I can't provide for digital items. They claim my activity is a risk to the community.

I don't know how many tracking numbers they require but I have sold 129 items this month. I have seen someone said that by calling in they may accept just one or two tracking numbers so it seems like this might be the best first option?

Failing that, would any of these options work?

1: Uploading ⊗⊗⊗⊗ tracking numbers by taking real ones and changing them slightly (assume this won't work?)
2: Uploading old tracking numbers I find on google etc
3: Paying for online tracking - but this could get expensive if I have to buy 129+

Please don't just tell me to create a new / stealth account. I know that might be the only option and I already intended to warm up a new account. But right now I'm trying to focus on getting my account and immediate income back.

Thank you for any help

Last edited by sam999; 08-17-2022 at 08:28 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-17-2022

Activity: 30%
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: Financial panic.. MC011: Proof of delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam999 View Post
I'd seriously appreciate some help, I'm in a complete panic. I'm not currently working due to ill health and for now, eBay with my 15yr account has been my only source of income with a house and mortgage to pay for. This was a temporary plan while I try and sort my health out.

I've been selling a mixture of physical (collection only) and digital items, but freeware which I have modified and so is completely legal. I even sent in licence agreements for some of the software which eBay kept on file.

I've had a manic week of sales which concerned me as I know this can trigger problems. I even tried to limit my own sales by making items out of stock but I seemed to make sales on items that usually don't sell well. I've been hit with MC011 demanding proof of delivery which I can't provide for digital items.

I don't know how many tracking numbers they require but I have sold 129 items this month. I have seen someone said that by calling in they may accept just one or two tracking numbers so it seems like this might be the best first option?

Failing that, would any of these options work?

1: Uploading ⊗⊗⊗⊗ tracking numbers by taking real ones and changing them slightly (assume this won't work?)
2: Uploading old tracking numbers I find on google etc
3: Paying for online tracking - but this could get expensive if I have to buy 129+

Please don't just tell me to create a new / stealth account. I know that might be the only option and I already intended to warm up a new account. But right now I'm trying to focus on getting my account and immediate income back.

Thank you for any help
I’m sure someone can help you out with this I have passed MC011 before but I sold physical goods so tracking was easy for me to upload.

I don’t think eBay will want 100+ tracking numbers I could be wrong for me I was selling like 30 items in my shop and after messaging eBay they only wanted invoice for 1 product that was it. So definitely message eBay through live chat to ask what exactly they want from you that’s the first thing to do.

Their are sellers in the forum who can remove MC011 for you so if nobody can help you that will be the last resort. Im sure you can get this sorted out. Try not to panic I do understand been in situations like this loads of times.
Old 08-18-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 26%

Even if you are legitimately allowed to sell this freeware you are still breaking ebay policy if you miscategorise it.

If you list it in the correct category you'll never get asked for tracking nor get hit with an MC011.

Electronically delivered items need to be listed in the Everything Else > Information Products category in the classified ad format ... you're not doing that are you because classified ads never get asked for tracking. By the same token you'd never sell anything.

IMO they're paying you lip service, giving you a chance to appeal because it's a generic system driven process. Don't even think of lying to them.

This account is on the radar and if you get past this will surely be banned if you abuse listing policy again, which you will if you carry on with this freeware idea.

You said you didn't want to hear it but you better start preparing another account.
Old 08-18-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

OP, your 15 year old account has never had issues before?
Old 08-18-2022

Activity: 20%
Longevity: 40%

Buy ⊗⊗⊗⊗ tracking it's the only way to get clean tracking numbers. Just get it off the royal mail website.
Old 08-18-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
Buy ⊗⊗⊗⊗ tracking it's the only way to get clean tracking numbers. Just get it off the royal mail website.
I'll wager that buying tracking numbers from Royal Mail will cost more than the profit they're making on the sale. In the short term it might, just might fool them although on an MC011 I have my doubts. In the unlikely event they allow them to continue as they are then going forward it certainly isn't a good idea.

I'd be completely honest and say I cannot supply tracking as I foolishly miscategorised the freeware and it wont happen again. Then I'd stop selling freeware on this account.

I don't care what paperwork OP has sent them, it is completely worthless.

These low grade 'get rich quick' tactics never end well. Waste of an aged account. Do something proper with it....assuming it can be salvaged.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hank For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (03-02-2023)
Old 08-18-2022
Threadstarter  

Thank you for the replies everyone. I wasn't aware that digital items needed to be in the information products category, wish I had known that before.

No this 15yr account has never been flagged or restricted before.

So far I've been told I need tracking for items from the last week which would be 28 items, another agent said it was all items in the paid and dispatched section of the last 90 days = 74 items since I didn't mark most as dispatched.
Now I've had an agent assure me tracking for just 7 awaiting dispatched items yesterday would be fine.

A chat agent pointed out the the tracking must show as delivered as well. If I ended up needing more I'm wondering if I scan the internet for tracking codes if I could submit these, provided they show as delivered? I imagine they wouldn't check the tracking addresses matched? Either way the dispatch dates will be wrong even if I pay for my own.

I guess it makes sense to first try purchasing 7 lots of postage with tracking for now and see if submitting that will be sufficient? At least I will be giving them what they want to some degree and are less likely to argue for more. And to get the delivery confirmation I'll need to send them to the correct addresses, so all these buyers will be receiving blank envelopes.. It cost will be £30 but I guess it's worth trying at this price.

Thanks

Last edited by sam999; 08-18-2022 at 10:18 AM.
Old 08-18-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 71%
Longevity: 91%

30quids? That's basically free if it can restore your account.

And I'm going to tell you... make new accounts or buy new accounts asap so you don't put all your eggs in one basket.
Old 08-18-2022

Activity: 20%
Longevity: 40%

£30 ? why is that even a consideration. When I was desperate to get back on ebay I was prepared to throw a couple of grand away as that's how much it meant to me to be able to sell again.
Old 08-18-2022

Quote:

So far I've been told I need tracking for items from the last week which would be 28 items, another agent said it was all items in the paid and dispatched section of the last 90 days = 74 items since I didn't mark most as dispatched.
Now I've had an agent assure me tracking for just 7 awaiting dispatched items yesterday would be fine.
Three different agents, three different answers. The one least likely to be correct is the one who told you that uploading tracking for those awaiting dispatch would suffice. It's the ones which have already been dispatched which have trigger the suspension.

You're dealing with monkeys reading off a script and how they decide to interpret it on the day.

If you're going to go down this route I guess you have no choice but to buy 7 tracked labels and send the buyers a thank you note as trying to do it for those already dispatched is going to end in tears.

If you get the account back stop selling freeware.
Old 10-12-2022
Threadstarter  

So after a long ride of hiccups and resolving things along the way I hit a new block.

Over 15 years ago my account was created just short of my 18th birthday which they just became aware off. They have issued an MC224 notice but are allowing an appeal with another ID.

So my question: A rep I spoke to claimed I was free to make another account despite the MC224 suspension, however the MC011 is also stuck and progress now hauled by the MC224. I guess the unresolved MC011 alone means I can never use real details again?

Which moves onto my next question: Do I have anything to lose by submitting a different ID with all real details except a modified DOB? It is my last hope of getting the account back but not worth jeopardising my chance at a new non stealth account by submitting the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ID. If non stealth is out the question then it seems worth a last shot.

Thanks

Last edited by sam999; 10-12-2022 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-12-2022

Quote:
So after a long ride of hiccups and resolving things along the way I hit a new block.

Over 15 years ago my account was created just short of my 18th birthday which they just became aware off. They have issued an MC224 notice but are allowing an appeal with another ID.

So my question: A rep I spoke to claimed I was free to make another account despite the MC224 suspension, however the MC011 is also stuck and progress now hauled by the MC224. I guess the unresolved MC011 alone means I can never use real details again?

Which moves onto my next question: Do I have anything to lose by submitting a different ID with all real details except a modified DOB? It is my last hope of getting the account back but not worth jeopardising my chance at a new non stealth account by submitting the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ID. If non stealth is out the question then it seems worth a last shot.

Thanks
Do you have the option of changing your details name and date of birth if you do then try and ask a family member/friend if it’s okay to use their details if their happy to let you then change details and submit their ID with their permission.

Your be able to create multiple accounts in your name and date of birth by using a previous address on your credit report this will work for you.
Old 10-13-2022

IMO it would be madness to butcher valid ID in a futile attempt to salvage an account which is surely dead.

They're simply fishing for info to add to their blacklist.

(AFAIK there is not one reported instance where ebay have allowed an account create by a minor to be re-instated)
Old 10-13-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:

Thanks
Hank is correct about the risk vs reward
Old 10-13-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
IMO it would be madness to butcher valid ID in a futile attempt to salvage an account which is surely dead.

They're simply fishing for info to add to their blacklist.

(AFAIK there is not one reported instance where ebay have allowed an account create by a minor to be re-instated)
Even if they do add your account information to the so called black list it doesn’t make a difference because you can still create an account with your name and date of birth with your ID which has already been rejected with managed payments before it’s knowing how the system works to work around it.
Old 10-16-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by samspalace View Post
Even if they do add your account information to the so called black list it doesn’t make a difference because you can still create an account with your name and date of birth with your ID which has already been rejected with managed payments before it’s knowing how the system works to work around it.
So what? Can't see the point, the account is dead.

You'd have to be stupid to offer up anything whatsoever on an account like this.
Old 10-16-2022

Quote:
So what? Can't see the point, the account is dead.

You'd have to be stupid to offer up anything whatsoever on an account like this.
This was the question the person wanted some advice on…

Thanks

If they have an option of changing details or submitting ID why is it madness to do this? Your ID is not blacklisted name or date of birth so of course it’s worth a shot to send it in or change details. I wouldn’t modify the real ID and change date of birth tho.

The person created the account before their 18th birthday not a smart thing to do but if they have the option to change the details over to a friend/family member with their permission and then submit a new ID then yeah go for it.

If it doesn’t work the person will still be able to create accounts in their name and date of birth as it doesn’t get black listed.
Old 10-16-2022

Quote:

If they have an option of changing details or submitting ID why is it madness to do this?
They don't.

If you think ebay will allow you to change the name/ownership of an account created by a minor then you're deluded, it will not happen. Fact.

I cannot see why you would encourage someone to waste an ID on a lost cause, if you knew how ebay operated you'd know it's bordering on irresponsible to do so.
Old 10-16-2022

Quote:
They don't.

If you think ebay will allow you to change the name/ownership of an account created by a minor then you're deluded, it will not happen. Fact.

I cannot see why you would encourage someone to waste an ID on a lost cause, if you knew how ebay operated you'd know it's bordering on irresponsible to do so.
No I’m not deluded and I have created loads of accounts and you can change ownership of accounts.

I changed ownership on one of my accounts.

Nothing is a waist of ID either as you can re use your ID again even if you have been suspended before on managed payments as I’ve done it myself.

Hank how many managed payment accounts have you created? You saying eBay blacklist details they do not and your now saying you can’t change ownership which you can.

Last edited by samspalace; 10-16-2022 at 05:34 PM.
Old 10-17-2022

Quote:
No I’m not deluded and I have created loads of accounts and you can change ownership of accounts.

I changed ownership on one of my accounts.
Sigh....... I repeat, you cannot sell or change ownership of accounts.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/...%20has%20value.

You have not done it.

If you must tell fibs then it's hard to take anything else you say seriously and it seems like my advice to ignore you was well placed.

Lets not forget this was a fraudulently created account, created by a minor which has also been suspended for policy breaches. I repeat, you're deluded if you think this account can be reactivated. Which part of 'it's dead' are you struggling to understand???
Old 10-17-2022

Quote:
Sigh....... I repeat, you cannot sell or change ownership of accounts.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/...%20has%20value.

You have not done it.

If you must tell fibs then it's hard to take anything else you say seriously and it seems like my advice to ignore you was well placed.

Lets not forget this was a fraudulently created account, created by a minor which has also been suspended for policy breaches. I repeat, you're deluded if you think this account can be reactivated. Which part of 'it's dead' are you struggling to understand???
I don’t need to tell fibs the link you posted maybe for business accounts which you can not change and not for private accounts. You can change personal information on private accounts as I have done this.

Also I wouldn’t trust links eBay post up example would be when creating an eBay account eBay say name on bank account must match name on eBay account again this is not true.

Please don’t accuse me of telling fibs and not being honest everything I say on this forum is 100% true I don’t gain anything by telling fibs.
Old 10-17-2022

Quote:
I don’t need to tell fibs the link you posted maybe for business accounts which you can not change and not for private accounts. You can change personal information on private accounts as I have done this.

Also I wouldn’t trust links eBay post up example would be when creating an eBay account eBay say name on bank account must match name on eBay account again this is not true.

Please don’t accuse me of telling fibs and not being honest everything I say on this forum is 100% true I don’t gain anything by telling fibs.
That is not true, it is not for business accounts, it is for all accounts unless you can offer up evidence to the contrary. (hint, you can't)

This isn't some MP manipulation for payouts on a brand new account, OP is looking to save its a 15 year old 'established' account. Ebay will not let them change ownership. I can't understand why you think they will, nor can I understand why you would encourage then to offer up a clean, unlinked ID which could be put to much better use.

I mentioned earlier that I have never seen an account created by a minor re-instated, can anyone supply any links for someone who got an MC224 overturned?

But if OP wants to follow your advice over mine that an account created by a minor, selling modified freeware, hit by an MC011 then a permanent suspension MC224 can be salvaged by offering up someone elses ID then good for them. It's no skin off my nose, I simply don't want them to do anything rash or wasteful because the account is dead.

Let's just leave it to OP to decide what to do now.