Changing your IP address - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 05-17-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaysucks12345 View Post
Hey, i was having problems changing my ip also. But i found this program called SMAC and it changes your mac address for you, and then when your mac address changes your ip address changes. it costs like 20 bucks, but its worth it.
I heard you just use ipconfig and do release and renew.

But well there should be freeware programs to change your MAC address. There's a lot of open source type programs now.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-18-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
I think there is no way to permanently change your MAC address, no? Just to "spoof" it i.e. change it until the computer is restarted?

As far as getting an IP address in another town, that is proxy territory
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...s-proxies.html

Ebay hates proxies. The make them enter captchas all over the place and will stick it with a buying limit so it can't buy anything for four months. Sometimes they will auto-suspend unused buyer accounts if made from the wrong proxies. They even will reset your password and secret answer once you log in with a proxy. That's what ebay has always done.
Old 05-21-2007
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaysucks12345 View Post
Hey, i was having problems changing my ip also. But i found this program called SMAC and it changes your mac address for you, and then when your mac address changes your ip address changes. it costs like 20 bucks, but its worth it.
Isn't this a free program? Even if it's not you can use a free one. No need to pay 20 dollars.
Old 05-21-2007

Longevity: 99%

I dont think you can change a DSL internet IP. Most DSL I have encountered use Static IP. Which means your stuck with the IP unless the ISP changes it
Old 06-11-2007

Default do wireless broadband networks (verizon etc.) have static or dynamic ips?

Just wondering how the broadband card works with regards to the ip? Does it change every time you connect disconnect from these networks? Was thinking of getting the verizon but its $60 per month and couldn't find much info on it. appreciate any info!
Old 07-11-2007

Send a message via AIM to jmg0055
Default Little help please - IP issue

I just moved out of my parents house and into my own apartment. Before I moved I was on dialup, could reset my ip anytime.

In this apartment they provide free highspeed wireless internet. My question is, how can I reset the ip and get a new one when I need to?

If I can't, what do you guys suggest I do? I'd like to avoid getting a dialup connection, it's about $40 a month -_-
Old 07-11-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

$40 a month for dialup? Wow! Where do you live?

And you won't be able to reset your wireless IP. It can't happen.
Old 07-12-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

They need to ban and demolish dial up
Old 07-23-2007

hello. if you can help me sop please do it.
I live in Ukraine, but on eBay I registered as American so I need to change my IP? when i in internet I have differnt IP, but eBay can look that I'm from Ukraine.
Old 07-25-2007

Hello,
I'm new to all this and have been a very interested spectator.
I do currently (touch wood) have 4 working ebay accounts
all linked back to me,with my proper details and to one Paypal
account.
I've recently downloaded a Web browser called Torpark which
hides your IP when you go onto Ebay through it.
I have not logged into my accounts while on Torpark.
Does anyone on here have any input on this?
Will it work forever all will they suss it out ??
I've checked it on Ip address checkers and my Ip
address is changed if i go through Torpark.
Any views
Old 07-25-2007

hi im on virgin media and i phoned them and they told me they cant change my IP and iv also left my router and modem off for over 24 hours and still no change. Also used the command promt instructions.

Does anyone have a clue what i could do?
Old 07-28-2007

Taurus, if you live in Ukraine, you could try a paid proxy service. Ghost surf is one of the faster responding ones I've tried. Free proxies are cr*p.

Coming in to ebay on a proxy is not ideal, since they can see you, and you're part of a 1% or smaller minority, but it's not as bad as having a US registration address and an IP in Ukraine.
Old 07-28-2007

Just so you know:
Virtually all ISPs frown on people who insist on changing their IP address. If you have to contact your ISP for assistance with this, be warned that an IT techie knows full well that hackers and high risk users look to change their IP often. And they know all the good stories.

Power cycling a cable router can repeatedly produce the same IP numerous times, because servers are programmed to always try to give you back the same IP you had before, if available.

If you're up to mischief on the web, some sites may blacklist the IP you're coming from. Limiting the number of IP's a server gives you, limits their exposure if you should turn out to be a bad apple.

You may need to break the DHCP lease for extended periods, until your old IP is picked up by someone else, and is literally unavailable when you try to renew the lease. Sometimes it can take 2 days, other times it can happen in 4 minutes.
Old 07-31-2007

OK Boys and Girls here are some busted cookies for you....

These cookies are what is getting loaded onto your computer when you access ebay.
Listed below will where it comes from, when it comes and what it can/might collect based on that sites privacy policies.

Cookie Name: dp1 (good name I think.. Double Penetrated One... Ebays way of sticking it you)
This cookie loads when you access ebay, just going to the site.
It is on their homepage and comes from statcounter.com
The information it collects is:
IP Address, Domain Name referrer, browser typoe and/or operating system

Why is it collected: Information that is based upon a unique identifier but that cannot be linked to an individual may be used for research, analsysis and reporting.

Who has access to that info: NOT YOU! The website (ebay) that pays for the service.

More info go to statcounter

Another one that loads when you enter is from right media which basically is a geotargeter for ads and crap.

AS I get more info I will pass it along... See Ya
Old 08-01-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

Default AOL and the IP's

hi everyone:
i did some test about the AOL and the IP addresses that gives:
i am using my ISP to get connection. every time i switch the box on and off it is a new IP.
for every IP from my ISP, i check the IP from AOL it is a new IP different from my ISP .
but the problem is the AOL give me only 3 IP's of them. i tried with the same AOL user every sessions and also with different AOL users.with different IP from my ISP.

anyone can confirm this ? or have some suggestions?
i forgot i tested from 2 different locations ame results

thx
Old 08-15-2007

Longevity: 96%
Default Wi Fi Hotspots and IPs

IP addresses seem to be a problem with ebay linking accounts.

Does anyone have any experiences in logging in to ebay at wi fi hotspots (like a Starbucks,etc). They would definitely have a different IP.

What would happen if someone else using that wi fi signal got booted?

MY question is has anyone legitimately gotten "associated" with a suspended account by using a wi fi or other public signal?

I know it is hard to tell, because ebay never "fully" explains why you are being suspended, associated, etc. so you don't have all of the information that you need to be re-instated.

With the ever-emerging presence of these "hot spots" I was just wondering if this is a viable alternative. There is talk of entire cities (where I live already has entire neighborhoods) going wi fi. Is ebay going to ban everyone in a neighborhood or city from being registered because someone else was selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ LV purses?
Old 08-16-2007
Administrator

I don't think so DogFacedBoy. When it comes to this, eBay can't go by IP alone. They'll have to use your cookies and personal information to decide if they want to suspend you.
Old 08-16-2007

Just saw you address this issue on another thread.
Old 08-16-2007
Administrator

Probably, there are a lot of repeats out there; it's all a blur for me.
Old 08-16-2007
Banned

Your walking a thin line not paying taxes there

And also your not being to smart! your using your EBay user name as the same name in here?? Are you nuts? LOL better change your name and all other info in here quick. Ebay probably does read in here.

And your also stating you don't pay taxes? Geez. Your asking for it. Becareful and change your user name and all other info in here that can give you away. This forum is not a secret!
Old 08-16-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
Your walking a thin line not paying taxes there

And also your not being to smart! your using your EBay user name as the same name in here?? Are you nuts? LOL better change your name and all other info in here quick. Ebay probably does read in here.

And your also stating you don't pay taxes? Geez. Your asking for it. Becareful and change your user name and all other info in here that can give you away. This forum is not a secret!
I don't see anything wrong with any of this, but will defer commenting because I just changed into my red sweatsuit and am going for a jog around the bull ring :D
Old 08-16-2007

Gosh! Pay your taxes!!! How can you sleep at night worrying about uncle SAM? Just take sometime and straighten the taxes out with the IRS. Get yourself an accountant, you'll feel so much better when it's all straighten out. There ia always a lesson to be learned from all of our experiences.