Anyone interested in launching our own sellers market site ?.... - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

View Poll Results: Whats your take on this idea ?
Hell Yeah...Lets do it ! 29 87.88%
Naw...I'm a slave to eBay and PayPal 4 12.12%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShootingStar View Post
I am in a business and marketing career and I can tell you that 99% of you have no idea what you are doing or talking about.
Wow - who are the other 1%?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-21-2011
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

He is probably right..... haha... but I think more of us are in the 1% category than he realizes.

I would think a big rule of marketing is to not sound like a pompous @ss.
Old 10-21-2011

Longevity: 72%

Sorry, 99.99999999999999999999%
Old 10-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Edition View Post
He is probably right..... haha... but I think more of us are in the 1% category than he realizes.

I would think a big rule of marketing is to not sound like a pompous @ss.
Reality is an ass.
Old 10-21-2011

Quote:
Reality is an ass.
Well, I know it's sad, but we can't all be as clever as you

When will you be launching your Presidential campaign?
Old 10-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post
Well, I know it's sad, but we can't all be as clever as you

When will you be launching your Presidential campaign?
thinking of hiring you as my running mate. do you have a us citizenship? maybe we can use your slogan

"Everybody has the right to be stupid - but you are abusing the privilege -
please stop it and give someone else a chance!!"
Old 10-21-2011

LOL - I doubt they would let me in never mind citizenship

I had an incident with a little bit of Black Morrocan 35 years ago
:D
The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
Stigger (10-25-2011)
Old 10-21-2011
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Quote:
Sorry, 99.99999999999999999999%

Where's your website?

Huh?
Old 10-21-2011

If i had any clue on how to do all that i would be first in line to help but unfortunately i am no steve jobs...

But if you get this going, you can count on my VIP membership fee. This would cut out A LOT of sunk costs and greatly increase efficiency.
Old 10-21-2011

Quote:
Where's your website?

Huh?
My point exactly.

Why would I need to devote my life and all possible money to hope to create another ebay/amazon when I can not only live off the money I make on online, plus add in the income from a real job, and I have my finances on lock.

The majority of people that complain and want to create another site, since they keep getting kicked off are doing several things consistently: not following the rules, selling phakes, no customer service, etc.
Old 10-21-2011
MU

Why did you get suspended? For following all of the rules?

As long as you sell on ebay, you work for them, and do not have a business that is your own.

Someone who is so experienced with marketing should know that you gain no brownie points by being condescending. Like, I said, where is your website? Is too HARD for you to do? You need help with registering a URL? Web hosting? Programming? marketing?

Quote:
The majority of people that complain and want to create another site, since they keep getting kicked off are doing several things consistently: not following the rules, selling phakes, no customer service, etc.
Maybe the majority of people that want to make another site realize that ebay isn't as powerful as they seem and want to branch out... maybe they just this, maybe they just that.... who cares? I HATE.... and I mean HATE people on this forum that have nothing to add and would rather complain about others instead of help. The point in this forum is to HELP people. That's it.

Oh btw... what is a real job?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to First Edition For This Useful Post:
freedomplz (10-25-2011), XHIBIT (10-25-2011)
Old 10-21-2011

Quote:
Why did you get suspended? For following all of the rules?

As long as you sell on ebay, you work for them, and do not have a business that is your own.

Someone who is so experienced with marketing should know that you gain no brownie points by being condescending. Like, I said, where is your website? Is too HARD for you to do? You need help with registering a URL? Web hosting? Programming? marketing?

Maybe the majority of people that want to make another site realize that ebay isn't as powerful as they seem and want to branch out... maybe they just this, maybe they just that.... who cares? I HATE.... and I mean HATE people on this forum that have nothing to add and would rather complain about others instead of help. The point in this forum is to HELP people. That's it.

Oh btw... what is a real job?
Got suspended 9 years ago, for being an idiot. Learned my lesson (unlike most on here) and havent had an issue since. Since then I have build an empire and I have 10+ ebay accounts with zero policy violations on all accounts for over 9 years now. I also have several amazon accounts in stealth and several in real info. And yes I do have my own website that brings in more than ebay.

I do not need to create an alternative to ebay, when I have income from 10+ ebay accounts, 4+ amazon accounts, website, and a job.

You dont know what a career is? Gone to college.....graduated....hired by a large business/marketing firm....consistent and reliable income....contract.....

People are so negative on here towards others that have something going for them.

Last edited by RedShootingStar; 10-21-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Old 10-22-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 75%

Uhm Red Shooting Star, I've pretty much kept quiet in regards to your commentary as to not appear biased.

But here are a few things I have noticed about your self proclaimed, "I'm smarter than you attitude".

You act as if you are a one man marketing whiz and project your opinions in a condescending manner.
So I'd like to know exactly where is it carved in stone that you know more than anyone else here ?

Secondly, if necessity is the mother of invention, then the creation of an alternate sellers marketplace (for us, by us) seems like a necessity to me.
As I stated earlier I have had some success without even promoting my website that caters to NFL jerseys online. While I'm not making the 48K (in 4 months) that I did on eBay before my suspension (which was based on an entirely different product item) it pretty much is evident that you are wrong as 2 left shoes.

So what you went to college...but to quote your very own words,

Quote:
People are so negative on here towards others that have something going for them.
it seems to me your'e pretty pompous as well as hypocritical.
Unless...you have a crystal ball connected to some psychic hotline and are capable of seerseeing into peoples homes and lives you really don't have the right to assume who does or doesn't have something going for themselves.

The bottom line ? Offering constructive criticism is one thing, but being a self righteous jerk is another.

Attempting to derail the thread with ME, ME, ME isn't going to work.

I offered this idea to those who were willing to share input (both pros and cons) about the feasibility of launching a new sellers market site, and as far as any of us know this is the very same way feeBay was launched, with a simple idea and a discussion.

Right now this is the planning stage. And the comments are learning tools to be used to foreshadow the structure of the site.

I'm very much aware of that you feel YOU may not need to create or participate in an eBay alternate. But considering the fact that not all of US feel the need to comply and bend over and play by the rules of a corrupt corporate entity, then perhaps you might realize that some of US do feel the need to explore different avenues that we could have better control over.

In any event the worst that could happen is it fails. But I'll guarantee you and your 99.999% that SOMEBODY will make some sort of money (be it .10 or $10,000) if and when an alternate site is launched. Because I assure you they are springing up online in small pockets and communities everywhere.

And on that note, I wish you continued success, just stop trying to derail this thread.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to XHIBIT For This Useful Post:
Burning (10-23-2011), freedomplz (10-25-2011), GrannyT (10-22-2011), Rocketman007 (10-22-2011), slapped (10-23-2011)
Old 10-22-2011
MU

Quote:
Got suspended 9 years ago, for being an idiot. Learned my lesson (unlike most on here) and havent had an issue since. Since then I have build an empire and I have 10+ ebay accounts with zero policy violations on all accounts for over 9 years now. I also have several amazon accounts in stealth and several in real info. And yes I do have my own website that brings in more than ebay.

I do not need to create an alternative to ebay, when I have income from 10+ ebay accounts, 4+ amazon accounts, website, and a job.

You dont know what a career is? Gone to college.....graduated....hired by a large business/marketing firm....consistent and reliable income....contract.....

Did you take the class on trying to get people to not think you're a d!ck? I would think that's marketing 101....

I this
I that
I blah blah blah

You're projecting yourself onto others....

So like I said, where's your website?
Old 10-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
If that's your definition of "career", then more than half of the world's top 100 billionaires never had a "career". Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Steve Jobs, Michael Dell, Ralph Lauren, Ted Turner (CNN) ..they're all "career-less" and obviously don't have a clue. But you seem to know better, good for you.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imjustme For This Useful Post:
Burning (10-23-2011), digitalslave (10-26-2011), slapped (10-23-2011), XHIBIT (10-25-2011)
Old 10-23-2011

You guys act worse that the average customer

<.><.>
Old 10-23-2011

That's because we are
Old 10-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
You guys act worse that the average customer

<.><.>
The Average customer Buys something--Recieves it ---Leaves Positive feedback--- NO ONE who reads your comments on this thread has ANYTHING Positive to say about your comments,,,,

You got a Lot of Balls trying to Proclaim yourself as some type of Expert or Guru,,,,Your Avatar,,Is that a RAT,,VERY appropriate,,,

Here is the TRUTH,,,There are MANY on this forum who FORGOT more about Successful Business Practices than You will EVER Know.

You point out that Education is key in Being Successful, actually you make it seem as if it is the ONLY thing.

Another KEY to being Successful is how you carry yourself (attitude) how well you work with others,,Here you FAIL Miserably,,this is CLEAR from your Postings on this thread.

The "Career" you so Joyously Describe is to me the Life of a Drone,,you will ALWAYS have someone to awnser to. And Please do not allow your Intellectual short commings to defend this position. It is My Opinion and I am Entitled to My Opinion, Living in USA gives me that Right.

As Imjustme Pointed out above there would be NO Entrepreneurs to create New Companies and even INDUSTRIES,,,,,,you know Places and People that YOU would work FOR.

You have EVERY Right to Disagree with the OP,,,Hell I Do,,and I will get to that in a Moment,,,But to Argue that the Cerebral capabilities of 99.9% of this forums Members are inept, or as you infer intellectually unequipped to even Discuss such a Venture, is simply Arrogant Presumption. Then to further your point of View in following Posts CLEARLY Demonstrates your Continued Predelection to Demonstrate the Irrevelencies of your arugment within the confines of this Discussion it also provides Clear insight of your paltry intelligence quotient.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the REAL Discussion here, One of the BIG Expenses in operating a Site such as Ebay is the Legal Expenses. Ebay is CONSTANTLY under attacks from Companies that do NOT want their Merchandise on an Auction site,,to Companies protecting their Intellectual Property, Counterfeits, to Buyers suing for for ALL sorts of stuff and Even seller taking court action for things like Unfair practices, Promoting Buyer Fraud, and Much More, this is the Main Reason Yahoo stopped their Auction site and Google NEVER Launched one.

Last edited by slapped; 10-23-2011 at 12:00 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
Burning (10-23-2011), gdnimrod (12-16-2011), GrannyT (10-23-2011), Rocketman007 (10-23-2011), XHIBIT (10-25-2011)
Old 10-23-2011

Slapped - you have a wonderful knowledge and control of the English language (for a yank!!):D
The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
slapped (10-23-2011)
Old 10-23-2011

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by XHIBIT View Post
Yes I concur with all of the suggestions as well.

Prior to my very first eBay (VERO) suspension last year I did create my own website selling NFL jerseys.

(Out of respect to Aspkin I wont list the link here), but yes its the PEOPLE that create the problems first, and the security and integrity of the site itself running a close 2nd.

Buyers have found my site without me spending a penny on Google ads, or me having to spam. Even though I'm not pushing the product and product name as much as I should last year was a good year...this year not so good. LOL

But...I'm really absorbing all the various feedbacks givin thus far and hopefully use the points as an advantage if I undertake this project.

Keep 'em comin guys.
Hi, can you pm me details about your nfl site. I have setup an auction site selling football (soccer) shirts. Who knows our 2 products could work hand in hand. I am in the UK and i always have people asking me for NFL jerseys. So putting some of your shirts on the site will maybe bring you a few more sales from the users on the site.

The site is only small as its not been up long. Its got most of the payment options already intergrated into the site.

Thanks
Brad.
Old 10-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

@Redshootingstar,,,,You continue to Attack and Demean others,,,What Makes you think that you KNOW Either of them Deals in Counterfeits?

I Doubt you are infering that their site will get seized by the FBI for "Unauthorized Color Usage"

I PERSONALLY have have attended NUMEROUS Chapter 11 Liquidations of Small Sporting Goods Stores that go Chapter 11 where you can get Jerseys for PENNIES on the Dollar NOT Sometimes but EVERYTIME,,

What do you thing a Company like New Era does with Caps, Jerseys, or whatever of a Popular Player in a Particular teams Jersey that they have in Stock that gets traded to another Team?,,,They Liquidate them at again,,,Pennies on the Dollar,,Such Liquidations happen EVERY DAY,,,

Again you are CLEARLY Demonstrating YOUR Intellectual Shortcommings, Illustrating that is it You who Belong in that .001% that you believe the 99.999% of th Majority of the Members here belong to,,,

You KNOW the Old Saying:,,,,"If the Shoe Fits-------WEAR IT!!!"
Old 10-23-2011

Jesus lol....
Closed Thread