Anyone interested in launching our own sellers market site ?.... - Page 4 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

View Poll Results: Whats your take on this idea ?
Hell Yeah...Lets do it ! 29 87.88%
Naw...I'm a slave to eBay and PayPal 4 12.12%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default Foot soldiers or Henchmen for eBay Suspension & Paypal Limited Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by XHIBIT View Post
I just went to that link and my security alert popped up also...9.00 for a domain name wont kill me I guess...LOL
If I intentionally cause someone or their computer harm then I am lower than ebay and paypal and I should not be on this forum. then google/your security software wins. 'Nuff said.

imjustme count me one of your foot soldiers.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-25-2011

Longevity: 81%

Im good at idea aspects of sites and names and willing to fork cash into as well, Im talking like thousand of dollars. Can i I get in?
Old 10-25-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 75%

Freedom...you're Golden, all of your input is appreciated and welcomed bro. Every little bit helps trust me.
Last night I was up till 5 a.m comparing different different auction scripts and later today will post the better ones that came to mind for a vote.

Gamezoom, the more the merrier...after all this is for us by us.

And any help with a domain creation would be HELL'UVA appreciated. I've rattled names around in my head like a BB in a balloon until I was on the verge of poppin a vessel. HA HAAAAAAAAAAA
Old 10-25-2011

Longevity: 85%
Lightbulb

Hmmm... A few years ago I bought 3 websites from StoresOnline that I've never used. Paid $5,500 at their seminar.

StoresonlinePro Builder – Create Your Site with Ease

-Step-by-step Tutorials
Learn at your own pace with easy to follow lessons that will teach you how to make the most out of your website. The tutorials are complete with pictures that will match what you see on your computer screen so that you know for sure that you are making the right changes and learning at the same time. And if you need a helping hand as you are going through the tutorials, feel free to contact our friendly Customer Support center by phone, email, fax, or real time chat.

-Real time preview capabilities
We’ve made it possible for you to see the changes you’ve made to your site before they “go live” on your site.

-Dynamic Logo Creation
The StoresOnline Pro builder will create a basic logo for you to begin. This dynamically built header is generated for you using text and image(s) you provide.

-1 GB of website space
The StoresOnline Pro website builder gives you a generous amount of website space to create the type of site you want.

-Unlimited bandwidth transfer
Many website companies will only allow a certain amount of bandwidth for your website and then charge you for additional bandwidth. We don’t believe in restricting your ability to add data to your website. We provide you with unlimited bandwidth as a standard part of your StoresOnline Pro website package.

-Dynamic image optimization
Most website images need to be compressed and optimized, before they are put on your website. The StoresOnline Pro website builder automatically does this for you, when you add an image to your site.

Security – Protection Against Danger and Loss

128 Bit SSL Encryption
Your site will be protected by the most powerful level of security allowed by law.

Daily Auto Backup
You can rest assured that the website you have built will be backed up everyday – keeping your website information safe and sound.

Firewall Protection
This security device was built to keep harmful attacks away from your website.

Visa/Mastercard Security Compliant
Our server is compliant with the current online security standards enforced by Visa and Mastercard.

At a Glance

Web-based interface
Two-disk training DVD
Shopping cart with advanced fraud-deterrent/protection
Internal order/invoice database
Invoice export
Modular building environment
Navigation management
Dynamic image optimization
Dynamic logo creation/layout
Internal site search engine
Customer relationship management module
Registration module
Real-time preview capability
Password-protected pages

Subdomain incorporation
UPS Online tools
Dynamic page and product creation/maintenance
Traffic and sales reporting
Order referral tracking
Per-click budget calculation
Keyword conversion rate reporting
Incomplete-order tracking
Compatibility with affiliate program
Basic and complex ordering/business rules
Unlimited images/products
Quantity discounting
Discount code capability

Email order/purchase notification
Product list management
Product-list-import interface
Featured products display
Multiple currency support
Multiple price set capabilities
Product-on-sale settings
Product description, features, and specifications management
Printable coupon creation
Viral selling tools
Unlimited product variations
EBay management module
SEO Tools
RSS Feed Integration

Good enough?
Old 10-25-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Edition View Post
VET?
VET work I do works well
Old 10-25-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficialGenius View Post
Hmmm... A few years ago I bought 3 websites from StoresOnline that I've never used. Paid $5,500 at their seminar.

StoresonlinePro Builder – Create Your Site with Ease

-Step-by-step Tutorials
Learn at your own pace with easy to follow lessons that will teach you how to make the most out of your website. The tutorials are complete with pictures that will match what you see on your computer screen so that you know for sure that you are making the right changes and learning at the same time. And if you need a helping hand as you are going through the tutorials, feel free to contact our friendly Customer Support center by phone, email, fax, or real time chat.

-Real time preview capabilities
We’ve made it possible for you to see the changes you’ve made to your site before they “go live” on your site.

-Dynamic Logo Creation
The StoresOnline Pro builder will create a basic logo for you to begin. This dynamically built header is generated for you using text and image(s) you provide.

-1 GB of website space
The StoresOnline Pro website builder gives you a generous amount of website space to create the type of site you want.

-Unlimited bandwidth transfer
Many website companies will only allow a certain amount of bandwidth for your website and then charge you for additional bandwidth. We don’t believe in restricting your ability to add data to your website. We provide you with unlimited bandwidth as a standard part of your StoresOnline Pro website package.

-Dynamic image optimization
Most website images need to be compressed and optimized, before they are put on your website. The StoresOnline Pro website builder automatically does this for you, when you add an image to your site.

Security – Protection Against Danger and Loss

128 Bit SSL Encryption
Your site will be protected by the most powerful level of security allowed by law.

Daily Auto Backup
You can rest assured that the website you have built will be backed up everyday – keeping your website information safe and sound.

Firewall Protection
This security device was built to keep harmful attacks away from your website.

Visa/Mastercard Security Compliant
Our server is compliant with the current online security standards enforced by Visa and Mastercard.

At a Glance

Web-based interface
Two-disk training DVD
Shopping cart with advanced fraud-deterrent/protection
Internal order/invoice database
Invoice export
Modular building environment
Navigation management
Dynamic image optimization
Dynamic logo creation/layout
Internal site search engine
Customer relationship management module
Registration module
Real-time preview capability
Password-protected pages

Subdomain incorporation
UPS Online tools
Dynamic page and product creation/maintenance
Traffic and sales reporting
Order referral tracking
Per-click budget calculation
Keyword conversion rate reporting
Incomplete-order tracking
Compatibility with affiliate program
Basic and complex ordering/business rules
Unlimited images/products
Quantity discounting
Discount code capability

Email order/purchase notification
Product list management
Product-list-import interface
Featured products display
Multiple currency support
Multiple price set capabilities
Product-on-sale settings
Product description, features, and specifications management
Printable coupon creation
Viral selling tools
Unlimited product variations
EBay management module
SEO Tools
RSS Feed Integration

Good enough?
Hmmm, can you provide me a link so I can see a working and functional demo ?

And 2 things I also noticed, they want the site hosted on their servers and it doesnt mention language packs or support.
Old 10-25-2011
Threadstarter  

Ok after doing some checking on StoresonlinePro Builder, this isnt an actual auction script.
Its basically an overpriced cart system.

They dont even have a working demo online, and I had to go to their generic success stories link and after checking 6-7 online stores they were pretty much all the same.
Old 10-25-2011
Threadstarter  

This is one of my primary concerns:

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomplz View Post
Just wrap him in red, white and blue. Seriously now, a catchy name is very important and it would be be nice if it signifies fairness. The biggest problem with ebay/paypal is that they make decisions without looking at the facts. Any spiteful person/company can make a claim and ebay drops the hatchet without even so much as a mediocre investigation.
I want the site to function as fairly to both vendor and buyer as humanly possible.
Using an eBay policy, I would like for the seller/buyer to have a 5 day cooling off/negotiation period in hopes they can work the issue out themselves first.
If not they could escalate it to our claims division and after reviewing correspondence between the two parties, shipping tracking numbers, the nature of the complaint, images of the arrived item (if submitted), and the history(s) of the parties involved...a final decision would be made.
I think it would be fair if a leniency policy was applied to VIP vendors due to the nature of potential problematic sellers as well.
I personally don't have an issue with giving a seasoned seller the benefit of the doubt in these types of cases. I know exactly the frustration this causes because I've been the victim of unfair judgements by eBay even after the VERO member wrote eBay and retracted their claim. So yes once again, yes fairness will be a priority.

Quote:
That said, I hope this new auction site will either start of by saying "all sales are escrow" instead of popping it on you just when you've made the first big sale ever - forcing you to wait 21 days to collect. If that is not illegal then neither is kidnapping for a ransom.
There WILL BE NO ESCROW.
Especially if its using the Buy It Now Platform.
If a buyer renigs on a Buy It Now sale and the vendor reports him, the buyer will be contacted and the terms of service article quoted to him/her.
If after 5 days from the vendor report and the buyer does not make payment, that particular buyer is redlisted and will be watched. In addition the buyer will receive the first strike against his/her account.
During this phase the buyer will lose all selling privelliges for an as of yet undetermined amount of time.
If or when a problem buyer hits his/her 3rd strike, they lose their account, the IP address will be blocked and the username, physical address, phone number, and Paypal address banned.

There will be a zero tolerance policy for buyers that demonstrate repeat problematic actions.

Quote:
When the hosting site makes more money than the seller, it is time to move on. Talk about buyer protection on ebay - Buyers can give negative feedback on a whim while sellers are forced to give positive feedback. Seems to me that means democracy is dead on ebay. Got my first paypal "hold today" - all of $.67. If this is a sign of things to come, I am dead meat. I'm all for a new seller's site.
I'd also like to implement a policy that allows vendor/sellers to appeal negative feedback left by idiot buyers.

I have also been the victim of selling an item (new, packaged and with tags), shipping it, providing the tracking number (which arrived in 3 days), only to have the buyer lie and say the item was preworn and had holes in it.
Not only did she leave negative feedback after lying (which wrecked my 100.00% perfect feedback), she also lied and told eBay the item was not as described (which it was EXACTLY as described).

After checking out her past feedback I discovered that she was indeed a problem buyer and was a serial negative feedback giver.

As stated there will be a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY against these types of people. They can keep that **** on eBay.
Old 10-25-2011

Longevity: 80%

we have the momentum why not used it
Old 10-25-2011

We must get away from them but this is the way we start knew ways of making money
Old 10-25-2011

Only america
Old 10-26-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Here is the problem in my opinion....

Everyone here who was banned from ebay claims it to have been some great injustice. Sure there are some outliers but just about everyone who has been banned was banned for legitimate reasons. Ebay didn't want to get rid of us, we all violated some policy whether it was intentional or not. Instead of coddling us Ebay gave us the axe, we might not have liked it but in reality it was the right thing to do. I know when I buy a handbag on ebay for my sister I don't want to have to dodge a million chinese ones, when I buy software I don't want to weed through millions of pirated versions and when I buy something period I don't want to have to be taking a big chance on getting scammed because ebay doesn't screen their sellers.

I'll tell it to you straight right now, I deserved to be banned. Even though it was just a matter of ignorance I was selling items which violated policy and continued to do so after being warned, they gave me my chances and I didn't learn my lesson until it was too late. If you start a new site you're surely going to have to suspend people who violate policy. Otherwise it won't be very long before you're in court, jail or just have a dead website because nobody trusts it. Eventually you're the same as ebay, just with less customers.

There is a reason why ebay gears everything towards the buyers. Attracting sellers isn't a problem, everyone on earth likes to make money, it's much harder to find people to spend their money.

We'll have Aspkin start a new category on the forums for getting back on your new site along with a Stealth Book dedicated to it. :D

Last edited by FrancisK; 10-26-2011 at 04:07 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to FrancisK For This Useful Post:
GrannyT (10-26-2011)
Old 10-26-2011
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancisK View Post
Here is the problem in my opinion....

Everyone here who was banned from ebay claims it to have been some great injustice. Sure there are some outliers but just about everyone who has been banned was banned for legitimate reasons. Ebay didn't want to get rid of us, we all violated some policy whether it was intentional or not
Wrong. You're projecting your own experiences onto strangers. There are a lot of people that have been kicked because they sell high risk, they sell as sole proprietors, they have bad credit... in 2008 they were kicking people off with 99% positive feedback and 3.8 DSR's. When you say things like this, it makes me not care what else you have to say, because you don't consider every circumstance, and you're not looking at the bigger picture. Perhaps you assume everyone is kicked for a good reason because you were?

Some people just want to be able to sell in a stealth fashion... others have been kicked for good reasons, others have been kicked because they moved into a house of a suspended seller, for example.

Although, I have been trying to tell these guys ebay is a business, and there are good reasons why they do the things they do. If you think you can run a site without doing these things, you're wrong, and naive.
Old 10-26-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Everyone here who was banned from ebay claims it to have been some great injustice. Sure there are some outliers but just about everyone who has been banned was banned for legitimate reasons. Ebay didn't want to get rid of us, we all violated some policy whether it was intentional or not. Instead of coddling us Ebay gave us the axe, we might not have liked it but in reality it was the right thing to do. I know when I buy a handbag on ebay for my sister I don't want to have to dodge a million chinese ones, when I buy software I don't want to weed through millions of pirated versions and when I buy something period I don't want to have to be taking a big chance on getting scammed because ebay doesn't screen their sellers.

This may be the truth in some cases, but not in all.

For example my ban came at the heels of being falsely accused by a VERO member.
After contacting the member via eBay, she requested I send her, personal digital images, receipts and/or invoices (which I did).

Within 24 hours she wrote me back and apologized and her EXACT words were: I'm tremendously sorry for any inconvenience caused. There is nothing here that indicates your item violates our anti counterfeit policy or trademark policy. I have contacted eBay and requested that your suspended account be reinstated.

After 3 days of still being locked out of eBay I called them myself and asked them had they received the VERO members reinstatement request and was told that they had decided against reinstatement and to file an appeal.

I never had an outstanding balances owed to eBay.
I had a 98 % feedback rating with 411 positives.
All my information was correct.
The account itself was over 3 years old.
The PayPal account was rewarded privilleged member rewards.
Although I did have 1 prior suspension for 3 days, the protocol is normally 3 suspensions and you stand a good chance of being outted.
This was not the case for me.

In fact out of all my positive feedbacks accrued, I only encountered 2 problem buyers (one of which I probably should have handled differently which I blame myself for losing patience with).

Assuming EVERYONE is probably guilty of T.O.S violations on eBay and at some point deserving of a suspension/ban is as wrong as spandex at Fat camp.

I know, I'm living proof.
Old 10-26-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
If you start a new site you're surely going to have to suspend people who violate policy. Otherwise it won't be very long before you're in court, jail or just have a dead website because nobody trusts it. Eventually you're the same as ebay, just with less customers.

And thats just it, I dont plan on allowing every and anybody to sell on it.
The problem may not be solved, but it wont be allowed to fester either.
people forget at first eBay ALLOWED any and everyone to sell on their site before removing the riff raff and some foo foo.
They encouraged it almost.

It's kinda like eBay starting off as a chihuaha in a yard full of pit bulls.
They needed to eat also against Yahoo, Google and Amazon.
They built their member base up, made some money and suddenly transformed into pit bulls themselves.
They then grew territorial and began eating their own and now they're biting the hand that has fed them for so long.

There are other means to draw a sizable memberbase without having to sell your soul and along with the numbers will come familiar problems and new ones not even dreamt up yet by unscrupulous sellers.

Problems ?
Oh hell yeah there WILL always be some sort of problem, at some point in time.

Quickly identifying both the problem and the problem maker and removing it is the key in my opinion.
eBay did not take that approach until recently.

In any event this has too much momentum and I will create an alternate site regardless.
Not in hopes of rivaling eBay, but because of necessity.
Old 10-26-2011

Longevity: 76%

XHIBIT

If you can pull this off you deserve all the good things that will come to you.

I love the way people like you and Imjustme think - I truly wish I was 40 years younger and could be an active part of what you are trying to do.

Remember - Faint heart never won fair lady

I know it will never make much difference to you but anything I can do to help in any way I will readily do.

Good luck with it
The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
XHIBIT (10-26-2011)
Old 10-26-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Edition View Post
Wrong. You're projecting your own experiences onto strangers. There are a lot of people that have been kicked because they sell high risk, they sell as sole proprietors, they have bad credit... in 2008 they were kicking people off with 99% positive feedback and 3.8 DSR's. When you say things like this, it makes me not care what else you have to say, because you don't consider every circumstance, and you're not looking at the bigger picture. Perhaps you assume everyone is kicked for a good reason because you were?

Some people just want to be able to sell in a stealth fashion... others have been kicked for good reasons, others have been kicked because they moved into a house of a suspended seller, for example.

Although, I have been trying to tell these guys ebay is a business, and there are good reasons why they do the things they do. If you think you can run a site without doing these things, you're wrong, and naive.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to rain on your parade here, in fact I would like nothing more than for you to be successful! What I'm trying to say is ebay has a method to their madness.

Like I said I'm sure there are certainly outliers but I don't think it would be a bold statement to say 98% of the members on this board were suspended for legitimate reasons.

Being high risk is certainly a legitimate reason for suspension. If I registered on your site and the next day starting selling $1,000 software for $500 on a stealth account and was selling 20 a day you're telling me I wouldn't be looked at?

Please don't attack me for having an opnion, either way I wish you the best of luck.
Old 10-26-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post
XHIBIT

If you can pull this off you deserve all the good things that will come to you.

I love the way people like you and Imjustme think - I truly wish I was 40 years younger and could be an active part of what you are trying to do.

Remember - Faint heart never won fair lady

I know it will never make much difference to you but anything I can do to help in any way I will readily do.

Good luck with it
Thankee very mush Gran

And I'm sure there will be something in it for ya as soon as all the logistics are worked out.

The encouragement just makes me work even harder towards makin it happen.
Old 10-26-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
If I registered on your site and the next day starting selling $1,000 software for $500 on a stealth account and was selling 20 a day you're telling me I wouldn't be looked at?

Thats a very profound and fair question, and a problem that I'm sure we will encounter sooner than later.

And yeah you'd be looked at, upside down, sideways, inside out, and in night vision...LOL

But the thing is... everyone isn't selling those types of items and the numbers may be a bit inflated is all.

But you do raise a very valid point, and I will need to add this to the list of things that will needed to be addressed and dealt with.
The Following User Says Thank You to XHIBIT For This Useful Post:
freedomplz (10-27-2011)
Old 10-26-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Thats a very profound and fair question, and a problem that I'm sure we will encounter sooner than later.

And yeah you'd be looked at, upside down, sideways, inside out, and in night vision...LOL

But the thing is... everyone isn't selling those types of items and the numbers may be a bit inflated is all.

But you do raise a very valid point, and I will need to add this to the list of things that will needed to be addressed and dealt with.
Think about your own expierence XHIBIT. You got hit with an unfair violation but your feedback score was low and you had a previous suspension. If I was the one looking over your account I would have said the same thing. This guy isn't worth the trouble.....

I'm not saying that is the right way to go about it but you have to at least consider it from the other angle.
Old 10-26-2011
Threadstarter  

Didnt you read what I stated ?
My feedback wasnt low with 411 positive feedbacks.
I had a 98% rating.
1 was from a problem buyer that isn't even on eBay anymore and the other was almost a year old.
It had nothing to do with my feedback
Old 10-26-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Didnt you read what I stated ?
My feedback wasnt low with 411 positive feedbacks.
I had a 98% rating.
1 was from a problem buyer that isn't even on eBay anymore and the other was almost a year old.
It had nothing to do with my feedback
I read exactly what you wrote, 98% is a terrible feedback score and you were previously suspended for something else. You were a problem so ebay disposed of you, it's not a special circumstance.

Last edited by FrancisK; 10-26-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Closed Thread