Building a custom computer... - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 06-07-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%

NO SUCH THING AS A STEALTH COMPUTER !! Any parts will do you just have to decide how fast you want it. that is it. so pick your parts . make sure they match so that you get the performance you want. Don.t buy off ebay!! alot of parts are demos from trade shows. Been their done that. try new egg or computer geeks..
Building computers for 10 years...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-07-2010
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

alwaystrying,

I strongly disagree. There is indeed such a thing as a stealth computer. I personally own more than one. I think you don't even know what YOU mean when you refer to stealth computers. Has nothing to do with performance. Has everything to do with privacy and secrecy.

Last edited by TGMT²; 06-07-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Old 06-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaystrying View Post
NO SUCH THING AS A STEALTH COMPUTER !! Any parts will do you just have to decide how fast you want it. that is it. so pick your parts . make sure they match so that you get the performance you want. Don.t buy off ebay!! alot of parts are demos from trade shows. Been their done that. try new egg or computer geeks..
Building computers for 10 years...
You are 100% WRONG!!!

Are you trying to tell me that having a computer with a Core i7 CPU that has a UNIQUE Number attached to ONLY THAT Core i7 CPU (NOT to be confused witha "Part" or "Model" Number) will provide you with the Same anonymity that a Computer with a PII CPU which has No such Number?

ABSOLUTLY NOT!!!

I will give you that you are building computers for 10 years, but that means NOTHING!!!

The Truth of the Matter is that the FIRST thing that you Need to know about building a Stealth Computer is to Know ALL of the Known Methods being used that make it Possible to track a Computer to Begin with. There are Many, with Browser Fingerprinting Being the Latest and Greatest. Did you know that Browser Fingerprinting has a way to Detect TYPING PATTERNS and use that along with Other methods in order to Identify you!!!

How do you Protect yourself against that Monster? There is a way, Like anything else in order to find a solution to a Problem the FIRST Step is to Recognize that there is a Problem to begin with.

I Know for a Fact that your CPU Id can be read from a website, (If you Let it)

I am in no way Knocking your Computer Building Skills, I am simply trying to point out that Building Computer skills are actually FAR LESS important in this Case.

Once you have a FULL understanding as to MANY Various ways that You can be tracked, then You Yourself will Understand that building a Computer a Certain way, with certain Components, with certain Configurations, will Reduce your Exposure online. As far as I Know you will NEVER be able to Fully Eliminate your Online Presence, but you Can get pretty Damm Close!!

Another thing, Certain Threads on this forum Will NEVER Get too deep into a Subject because of OUTSIDE Eyes, They are simply to be used as "Seeds" so that the Readers can think on their own, so that Readers can be given something New to think about, I Have a "Stealth" Computer and there is NO WAY to Distinguish that Computer using ANY of todays Techniques from ANY other one of a 100 Million Other Computers online.

I will ALWAYS help People "Use their Own Intellect" in order to find Awnsers to "Sensitive" Topics, But I will not Post them for just anyone to see.

Last edited by slapped; 06-07-2010 at 04:40 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
Burning (06-07-2010)
Old 06-07-2010

Longevity: 84%

You would think that a virtual computer is also a stealth computer and alot more suitable for someone who doesn't know how to build computers. Even better a virtual stealth computer running on a physical stealth computer, a double stealth computer.
Old 06-07-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 88%

Ok, lets stop fighting and get back to topic. I don't there there is anything more to talk about. I am on another forum regarding my gaming pc to check what parts to get...

Thanks for everyones help..

”I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.”
Winston Churchill

“If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
Winston Churchill
Old 06-08-2010
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Moved to the subscribers area where the grown-ups play, and opened back up.

It's an interesting topic that I think a lot of people would like to hear more about.
Old 06-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuntz View Post
You would think that a virtual computer is also a stealth computer and alot more suitable for someone who doesn't know how to build computers. Even better a virtual stealth computer running on a physical stealth computer, a double stealth computer.
Guys, once again I am Sorry for what happened on this thread which is VERY Helpful.

On to the Matter at hand, the problem with a Virtual Computer, I think, is the host site, I believe it would be Almost the same as using a proxy server or VPN.
I have never used a Virtual Computer but I Know what they are. this would only apply if you are using a web service to Create and Host your virtual Computer.

If you create a Virtual Computer within Your Own Computer and you are hosting it yourself on your native machine I have got to believe your virtual machine will use the same Ip address, I do not Know how a Virtual Computer would Look from "The Outside" but I will see if I can find out, it is Ouite possible that it could be Identical to the host machine, or It Might appear as the Virtual machine that you Configured, I do Not know.

Then I guess you would have to "Weigh" that against simply using seperate User ID's

The truth is that if creating a Virtual machine does Not give you a Significant advantage over using seperate User Id' ---Why Bother creating one?

Last edited by slapped; 06-08-2010 at 09:45 AM.
Old 06-08-2010
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

I just realized this thread was pretty much hijacked and taking beyond the OP question.

New Thread Started here: Stealth Computer