Purchase from Ebay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Purchase from Ebay

So I purchased an OtterBox Defender from a seller. The seller gets the boot from Ebay, most likely a foo foo.

I contacted the seller if he/she would still send me the item. After a few (about 4) days I get no response so I assume they are not sending me anything, so I filed a dispute and get my cash back.

Well I got the otterbox in the mail, so the question is...do I contact the seller again and try to send them the money in another way? I don't want be crooked even if the item is a foo foo...it fits and works perfect.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-02-2013

Longevity: 71%

You're an honest man MM. I would try sending another message. Did you contact them through messages or their actual email?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Packattack12 For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (01-03-2013), GreenGhost (01-04-2013)
Old 01-02-2013
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Through Ebay Messages, I might try directly to email, might even be a fellow Stealther...who knows!
Old 01-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 68%

You don't owe that crooked seller any allegiance. If the item is a ⊗⊗⊗⊗, even if it works, it is not what you paid for. It is not as described and it is not of the same quality as an authentic one. If it is authentic then the seller should have responded to your messages and reassured you of such. The seller should consider this lost of goods a lesson in better business practices (ie customer service). You should consider the "Otterbox" a donation for your troubles and your charge for teaching that scrub a very valuable lesson.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Futuremogul888 For This Useful Post:
DoubleA (01-03-2013), GreenBean (01-03-2013)
Old 01-03-2013
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremogul888 View Post
You don't owe that crooked seller any allegiance. If the item is a ⊗⊗⊗⊗, even if it works, it is not what you paid for. It is not as described and it is not of the same quality as an authentic one. If it is authentic then the seller should have responded to your messages and reassured you of such. The seller should consider this lost of goods a lesson in better business practices (ie customer service). You should consider the "Otterbox" a donation for your troubles and your charge for teaching that scrub a very valuable lesson.
Sounds good to me!
Old 01-03-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 65%

How much did you pay for the otterbox and is it really a foo foo or you just think it is because the seller got booted?
Old 01-03-2013
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I don't know if it's a foo-foo...But I am sure it's why the seller got the boot. I did purchase a 2nd one from a different seller and both have different suttle differences such as markings, feel of the outer rubber and a few small things.

Seller A (Got the Boot):
- Box says: Made in China
- Winning Bid was $10 incl. shipping
- Picture: http://i46.tinypic.com/33uewcy.jpg

Seller B (Successful Purchase):
- Box says Made in Mexico
- Winning Bid was $19 incl. Shipping
- Picture: http://i47.tinypic.com/ehaoe9.jpg

At this point I'm gonna use the 2nd one and leave the 1st one as a backup. If the seller that got the boot responds to my direct email then I will give them the $10.

Last edited by MM78; 01-03-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Old 01-03-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Seller A & B both have the same background pic so it must be the same seller. Also all Otterbox defenders are made/assembled in China or Mexico. I bought one from Best Buy not to long ago for $55.00 with tax and the box and also the case says "Made in China"???
Old 01-03-2013
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by epain View Post
Seller A & B both have the same background pic so it must be the same seller. Also all Otterbox defenders are made/assembled in China or Mexico. I bought one from Best Buy not to long ago for $55.00 with tax and the box and also the case says "Made in China"???
Those are my pictures! lol. I took those a few minutes ago to try to and compare.
Old 01-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

He sold you a foo-foo.

If it's not a foo-foo, it's been stolen from somewhere. The selling price is really really on the low side for these items.

Difference in feel is one of the give-aways . Put the cover on the cell phone. Should be like a suction cup & stuck like skin

At least the Otterbox I got off amazon is...

I think that DoubleA is an expert with these too.

Hopefully he will chime in with his experiences.

Old 01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by epain View Post
Seller A & B both have the same background pic so it must be the same seller.
Prolly didnt read the stealth guide poor slob will get linked
Old 01-03-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Was the seller from the U.S or China?
Old 01-03-2013
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

USA Sellers...for both, actually the address for the 1st one (foo-foo) is pretty close to me...about 8 miles away.
Old 01-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

MM78 - part of the game - your win, his loss. Move on to other issues that merit more of your time and attention
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
MM78 (01-03-2013)
Old 01-03-2013

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
I don't know if it's a foo-foo...But I am sure it's why the seller got the boot. I did purchase a 2nd one from a different seller and both have different suttle differences such as markings, feel of the outer rubber and a few small things.

Seller A (Got the Boot):
- Box says: Made in China
- Winning Bid was $10 incl. shipping
- Picture: http://i46.tinypic.com/33uewcy.jpg

Seller B (Successful Purchase):
- Box says Made in Mexico
- Winning Bid was $19 incl. Shipping
- Picture: http://i47.tinypic.com/ehaoe9.jpg

At this point I'm gonna use the 2nd one and leave the 1st one as a backup. If the seller that got the boot responds to my direct email then I will give them the $10.

Seller A = Did sell you a foo-foo, because
It says "Made in China" - All Original Otterbox products are made in Mexico.
First of all $10 is way to cheap. The price is also another factor. I know the prices for purchasing these.

As you can see in: http://i46.tinypic.com/33uewcy.jpg

This is the real one. That seller B sold you. It has the print number in the center of the silicone. Also, the plastic back plate is a soft material and the Otterbox is printed much nicer on the material.

Seller A Sold you this one:
http://i47.tinypic.com/ehaoe9.jpg

It looks cheaply made.

It has Otterbox just printed on the back plate, not really into the material. The Silicone Outside piece is cheaply made, and is cheap silicone. As you can see the product does say made in china right in the center of the silicone.

The real otterbox is the one seller B sold you.

The silicone in the inside tab is genuine - it feels smoother and does have that sticky feeling on the out side.

On the foofoo- take a look at the front panel, the screen protector should pop out very easily - if it has one.

They also have serial numbers they always start with the number 7 the real ones. The foofoo starts with a 6. That is another thing that shows it is a foo-foo.

Also, the belt clip you should feel the differences. The real one feels much better and stronger.

Use the real one, and keep the old one as a back up.

Do not send the guy his money, he tried scamming you. (Remember that)

Last edited by DoubleA; 01-03-2013 at 04:11 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleA For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (01-03-2013)
Old 01-03-2013

Just gonna throw my .02 in here for a moment. I lurk on here all day and I am very knowledgable with otter boxes and ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and what not. Not because I do them but just because I know.

Otterbox IS made in China. There is a legit otter box factory in china and I have heard of them selling "back door" otter boxes which is why people can sell them so cheap. Just like other factories in china that have a goal for products per day and keep their machines running "after hours" to sell "back door" so to speak products.

Second of all. How could you EVER think it was real when you're buying it for 30-40 dollars less than retail... You have to have known you were buying a "foo-foo"

Also, Greenbean. I know you are a very highly respected member here but I will bet good money that the otter box you bought on amazon is also TECHNICALLY a "foo-foo" or a "back door" item. These back door items I speak of can be sent to otter box to prove ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or not and come back 100% authentic. But you buy them for $5 each from the factories.

Again just something I'm knowledgable in. I have never seen or used an otter box foo foo or authentic...
Old 01-03-2013

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Just gonna throw my .02 in here for a moment. I lurk on here all day and I am very knowledgable with otter boxes and ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and what not. Not because I do them but just because I know.

Otterbox IS made in China. There is a legit otter box factory in china and I have heard of them selling "back door" otter boxes which is why people can sell them so cheap. Just like other factories in china that have a goal for products per day and keep their machines running "after hours" to sell "back door" so to speak products.

Second of all. How could you EVER think it was real when you're buying it for 30-40 dollars less than retail... You have to have known you were buying a "foo-foo"

Also, Greenbean. I know you are a very highly respected member here but I will bet good money that the otter box you bought on amazon is also TECHNICALLY a "foo-foo" or a "back door" item. These back door items I speak of can be sent to otter box to prove ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or not and come back 100% authentic. But you buy them for $5 each from the factories.

Again just something I'm knowledgable in. I have never seen or used an otter box foo foo or authentic...

I work closely with Otterbox.

You are wrong.
Old 01-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post

I guess I should race out and file an A-Z claim based on your knowledge.

Thanks for sharing. But you dont have all the facts of the purchase.

Old 01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleA View Post
I work closely with Otterbox.

You are wrong.
Interesting...

Greenbean I do apologize if I am incorrect just saying it seems that ALL otter boxes and cell phone cases on ebay are foo food
Old 01-04-2013

Longevity: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleA View Post
Seller A = Did sell you a foo-foo, because
It says "Made in China" - All Original Otterbox products are made in Mexico.
First of all $10 is way to cheap. The price is also another factor. I know the prices for purchasing these.

As you can see in: http://i46.tinypic.com/33uewcy.jpg

This is the real one. That seller B sold you. It has the print number in the center of the silicone. Also, the plastic back plate is a soft material and the Otterbox is printed much nicer on the material.

Seller A Sold you this one:
http://i47.tinypic.com/ehaoe9.jpg

It looks cheaply made.

It has Otterbox just printed on the back plate, not really into the material. The Silicone Outside piece is cheaply made, and is cheap silicone. As you can see the product does say made in china right in the center of the silicone.

The real otterbox is the one seller B sold you.

The silicone in the inside tab is genuine - it feels smoother and does have that sticky feeling on the out side.

On the foofoo- take a look at the front panel, the screen protector should pop out very easily - if it has one.

They also have serial numbers they always start with the number 7 the real ones. The foofoo starts with a 6. That is another thing that shows it is a foo-foo.

Also, the belt clip you should feel the differences. The real one feels much better and stronger.

Use the real one, and keep the old one as a back up.

Do not send the guy his money, he tried scamming you. (Remember that)

Not true, Otterbox has there products made in China, Mexico, and USA. Source-Otterbox Rep.
Old 01-04-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazy View Post
Not true, Otterbox has there products made in China, Mexico, and USA. Source-Otterbox Rep.
Was he a real Otterbox Rep or a foo-foo one?

Old 01-04-2013

Longevity: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Was he a real Otterbox Rep or a foo-foo one?

LoL If he was a foo-foo then he did a good job getting on the other line of the Otterbox Customer Support number. You can also see these "made in", "assembled in" labels showing China, Mexico, or USA in any major retailer. Unless...Wait... Oh No now Best Buy is selling foo-foo!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to hazy For This Useful Post:
TheRevolver (01-05-2013)
Closed Thread