Paypal does not recognize my computer - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 10-13-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: Paypal does not recognize my computer

When did you last withdraw & how much are you trying to withdraw? Does it not give you an option to answer security questions?

I've not been asked to verify & I withdrew today & also on the 6th. No problems for me
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-13-2014

Longevity: 64%

The amount does not matter. I tested this with just trying to withdraw $1.50 and still got the message. I have never gotten asked to answer a security question, the only option is by phone. Is there a place where you can set up the security question as I don't think I ever did this. I gotta believe that this has to do with dynamic IP addresses. I use a ATT MiFi cell modem and I know it uses dynamic IP's. However, allot of ISP's use this as well. A quick way to tell is to Google "What's my IP Address" and it will show you in the search. Now restart your computer and see if it is the same one. Every time I power off and on my Mifi it gives me a different IP address. I have been using this for over a year now and it has only become an issue (if indeed this is the cause) in the past few days.
Old 10-13-2014

I use IPBurger.com to check my IP. IP addresses can & do change so I don't think that's the main reason. My IP address has changed numerous times but my cookies have still been in place on my laptop because i don't delete them which could be why I haven't had any problems?

About the Paypal security questions, yes. Secret question 1 is my first school. Secret question 2 is where I was born. Sometimes they may ask you these or the last digits of your card number. I bought this account off someone on here a few years ago.

Last edited by natbabes; 10-13-2014 at 11:58 AM.
Old 10-13-2014

Longevity: 68%

I think I may have figured it out. I believe its happening on weekends and today in the US, it's a bank holiday - Columbus Day.
Old 10-13-2014

But some tried to withdraw on the 8th which is a Wednesday & 3 days ago on the Friday & none are weekend days?

Also Tag123, the minimum withdrawal amount for the US is $10.00 so $1.50 wouldn't work anyway. Another thing to point out is if you power on & off your modem, the IP address will of course change. That's what happens when you switch your modem on & off.

Last edited by natbabes; 10-13-2014 at 12:05 PM.
Old 10-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbabes View Post
But some tried to withdraw on the 8th which is a Wednesday & 3 days ago on the Friday & none are weekend days?

Also Tag123, the minimum withdrawal amount for the US is $10.00 so $1.50 wouldn't work anyway. Another thing to point out is if you power on & off your modem, the IP address will of course change. That's what happens when you switch your modem on & off.
I will try leaving my modem on all the time and see what happens.
Old 10-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag123 View Post
I will try leaving my modem on all the time and see what happens.
How often are you switching your modem on & off? & are you keeping cookies in place or deleting them?
Old 10-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbabes View Post
How often are you switching your modem on & off? & are you keeping cookies in place or deleting them?
I am definitely keeping cookies (using Chrome). However, I was turning off my modem when I wasn't using it. Then turning it back on when needed. I've been doing this for more than a year and if this is the issue for me (still not sure) the something changed on PP's end, not mine. I will leave it on and see if anything changes.
Old 10-13-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 58%

The same just happened to me. The last time I withdrew was Oct 5. I used Google Voice and sent a Call instead of a Text. The first call failed because I routed the call to my computer. The second was routed to a phone (via Google Voice), I successfully verified it. However, account is still not showing 100%. This is bizarre. My other 80% accounts are fine. But as a precaution, I will go ahead and withdrawing money from all of them. This is ridiculous.
Old 10-13-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by isellmore59 View Post
I tried to transfer money from paypal to bank and paypal says they don't recognize my computer and need to callme(automated call) and ask some info
about my account.All iv done is go from windows 7 to windows 8.1.
Didn't have any problem with ebay.Do I change the phone number on paypal to one I use( have a no name gov phone I can use.?Please help.Thanks.
Not sure if you already resolved. Call them. I did and got the damn thing fixed.
Old 10-13-2014
Banned

Longevity: 69%
Send a message via Skype™ to pr0wake

They're definitely targeting certain behaviors.

Accounts always need a working phone attached!
Old 10-13-2014

Longevity: 59%

I believe they are targeting 80% accounts, mine got all the same problems, cant withdrawl
added phone, then got cant recognize device phone not in your name etc etc.

finally fixed it and at 100% on pp but that was really annoying to deal with.

is anyone having issues withdrawling once you are at 100% pp verified? or is it the 80% accts mostly being affected?

I am at 100 now but have not tried withdrawl, will I need to get text code to withdrawl now that I am at 100 or ???

thanx

Last edited by keepongoing; 10-13-2014 at 08:31 PM.
Old 10-13-2014
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 83%

I have to change my number on paypal.Going to change it to new number with real phone.Only thing is current number is California area code, and new number will be 352
area code.Florida.Does this matter?Getting real mad.
Old 10-13-2014
Banned

no, my 100% accounts got attacked as well

its for people with no cookies/changing IP's

luckily my accounts combat this nicely- personal and the ones i sell
Old 10-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowakeskater View Post
no, my 100% accounts got attacked as well

its for people with no cookies/changing IP's

luckily my accounts combat this nicely- personal and the ones i sell
Yes, my account is 100% verified and has been for more than a year. I am doing a test where I am leaving my cell modem on so the IP doesn't change and will test tomorrow with another withdrawal. What has me mystified is that I, and I would imagine the rest of us, have not changed a thing. This is on PP's end for sure. So far I have verified my account by phone 4 times and the only thing I can attribute to it is the changing IP address. This makes no sense as there are lots of ISP's who use dynamic IP addressing. If I wasn't so afraid of having a real person look into my account I would call them and ask what the heck is up!!!
Old 10-13-2014
Banned

I would try sending an email as well, after completing the next request
Old 10-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowakeskater View Post
I would try sending an email as well, after completing the next request
Wouldn't that prompt someone at PP to look at my account?
Old 10-13-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag123 View Post
Wouldn't that prompt someone at PP to look at my account?
This is something that happens on new accounts, regardless if you have been using the same user account and keep cookies until they expire.

So it's a good idea not to move a lot of money in and out within the first 3 months .

Usually within that 3 month period if withdrawals are few and low amounts you should not have problems

Also , do not try and move money as soon as you get that email saying funds are available , very bad idea to move all the available funds or any as soon as that email comes in on a new account

Try and wait if you can at least 24 hours after the hold is lifted to move funds, this will help prevent any limitations

It seems this message is given to a lot of newer accounts lately if you try and withdrawal too fast, just go slow on new accounts and you should be fine
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
progetter92 (10-18-2014)
Old 10-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
This is something that happens on new accounts, regardless if you have been using the same user account and keep cookies until they expire.

So it's a good idea not to move a lot of money in and out within the first 3 months .

Usually within that 3 month period if withdrawals are few and low amounts you should not have problems

Also , do not try and move money as soon as you get that email saying funds are available , very bad idea to move all the available funds or any as soon as that email comes in on a new account

Try and wait if you can at least 24 hours after the hold is lifted to move funds, this will help prevent any limitations

It seems this message is given to a lot of newer accounts lately if you try and withdrawal too fast, just go slow on new accounts and you should be fine
This is not a new account. It is almost two years old. 100% verified for quite a long time.
Old 10-14-2014

Is it still asking you to verify Tag123?

It's just weird. Something must be triggering it though?

I just hope it doesn't happen to me as the number came with the account what I bought off someone in 2011 so I don't have access to it & they're no longer a part of this forum. I've never once been asked to verify the number though so fingers crossed. Hopefully if I do get the message when withdrawing, I can opt to answer security questions like another UK member on this thread. It looks like there's hardly anyone from the UK getting the message though, just the US.

I withdrew £500 on the 6th of October & it showed completed straight away. I withdrew £20 yesterday after reading that people were getting the verify phone number message & that also showed completed straight away.

I only have one stealth so my ip rarely changes & all cookies are kept in place & are never deleted so that could be a factor.

Last edited by natbabes; 10-14-2014 at 06:54 AM.
Old 10-14-2014
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 83%

I sent money to my friends real paypal account since I cant withdraw to my bank.She did the transfer to bank last Thursday and when she checked the transfer on her paypal account it said temporary hold.therea problem with account?
Old 10-14-2014

Longevity: 59%

I have an update on this again, one of my other accounts at 80% seems totally unaffected!

I find this strange that so many people have issues w pp and then many none at all. seems really odd and I think something is glitchy on their side.