Paypal does not recognize my computer - Page 4 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 10-14-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: Paypal does not recognize my computer

My PayPal account from 2011 is only on 60% & I haven't had any problems. It's fully verified, confirmed & all limits lifted.

I think it could be a glitch or certain behaviours are triggering it. For example, ip address changing, no cookies in place. Just a guess!

Last edited by natbabes; 10-14-2014 at 09:04 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to natbabes For This Useful Post:
keepongoing (10-14-2014)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-14-2014

Longevity: 59%

yeah its strange, if you get hit with it, kinda a bummer to deal with.
Old 10-14-2014

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbabes View Post
Is it still asking you to verify Tag123?

It's just weird. Something must be triggering it though?

I just hope it doesn't happen to me as the number came with the account what I bought off someone in 2011 so I don't have access to it & they're no longer a part of this forum. I've never once been asked to verify the number though so fingers crossed. Hopefully if I do get the message when withdrawing, I can opt to answer security questions like another UK member on this thread. It looks like there's hardly anyone from the UK getting the message though, just the US.

I withdrew £500 on the 6th of October & it showed completed straight away. I withdrew £20 yesterday after reading that people were getting the verify phone number message & that also showed completed straight away.

I only have one stealth so my ip rarely changes & all cookies are kept in place & are never deleted so that could be a factor.
We don't get asked to phone in here in the UK like they do in USA it seems, I've never had a phone us message about anything on eb/paypal, more the usual upload documents when it's time for that, having accessible phone numbers on our accounts is not therefore an issue for us as with stealth we are never likely to want to phone in voluntarily with issues, like you I only have 1 ip and access on my iphone and never do anything else with it so am able to put it in airplane mode as soon as finished doing eb/paypal and change cookie settings from allow for this site only to block all cookies and I am done
Old 10-14-2014

Longevity: 64%

I do believe that it is an IP address thing. I am saving cookies and using Chrome (although I could try the next withdraw with IE). What I know for sure is that my IP is different every time (well most of the time) I go to withdraw. As mentioned, it is because of my ATT MiFi modem. Even when left on, if there is a period of inactivity (like overnight), it will grab a new IP when put in use again. This never was an issue before last week. I have no issue verifying by phone each time is asks me to but I gotta believe that if I have to verify every time that will raise a flag too.
Old 10-14-2014

Longevity: 66%

Does anyone know if attaching a prepaid cellphone works at this time after the security check showed up when doing withdrawal?

Same issue, changed IP once about couple weeks ago, same cookie and everything for months.
Old 10-14-2014
Banned

Longevity: 69%
Send a message via Skype™ to pr0wake

I'm thinking this will be temporary. When their phones begin flooding they will put a stop to it

are you guys using/keeping flash cookies?
Old 10-14-2014

I too am here to report back.

basically Im on the verge of ditching my 100 limit, 1 year old account. I can not withdrawl money from my pp anymore. I actually realized I have been saving cookies and using ff. I have used this same setup for a year with no issue.

I have an account almost exactly the same to this one and it is working fine with no issues withdrawling from pp.

on the account I am about to ditch the pp is at 100 percent but it will not let me get the call or text to my mobile. basically says it does not match my name yadda yadda.

anyways. if I remove the bank account on pp and ditch the account altogether can they readd the bank account somehow? I dont for see any cases being opened but I did want to ask.

this is extremely frustrating and I had to gift the money to a old non selling paypal just to get it out. I really think this is a slow way to limit high risk pp users. I withdraw a lot of money on the account they wont let withdrawl and now Im just ready to ditch it altogether.

I really dont think this is going to go away, my other account is working fine with no issues at all.

I dont want to try to get a landline as my name wont match, I have tried 3 different phones none will work. this sux

Last edited by keepongoing; 10-14-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-14-2014
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 83%

I have talked to a lot of friends that have legit paypal and they have no problems.Does
anyone know anybody with legit account that's having issues?
Old 10-14-2014

Question for anyone who experienced this problem. Are you using the New or Old PP. I am still on the Old because I can't stand the new one. I wonder if this has anything to do with it. I could try switching to the New one and see if it still happens when I go to withdraw tomorrow.
Old 10-14-2014
Threadstarter  

Tag123 do you have to go to bottom left to click classic site on paypal? Because when I login it takes me to there new crap site.I have to click classic site on bottom left.
Plus I don't see option to transfer to bank on old site.Where is it?
Old 10-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by isellmore59 View Post
Tag123 do you have to go to bottom left to click classic site on paypal? Because when I login it takes me to there new crap site.I have to click classic site on bottom left.
Somehow I still have my account on the classic site. When I log in, it takes me right there. I think I know what you are referring to though. On my account that logs into the new site, if I click classic it does take you there but the features are limited.
Old 10-14-2014

Quote:
they dont give me an option forced to use new pp site,

I click old but it will only show me in old format transaction then takes me back to new pp. no way to revert to old, that may have something to do with it.
Old 10-14-2014

Quote:
I have talked to a lot of friends that have legit paypal and they have no problems.Does
anyone know anybody with legit account that's having issues?
Someone on anther thread here actually called PP and they confirmed that it is an IP address thing.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-...thdrawals.html
Old 10-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag123 View Post
Someone on anther thread here actually called PP and they confirmed that it is an IP address thing.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-...thdrawals.html
that may be a cover because I have not changed a thing for a year.

its on their end and I bet its for high money stealth w drawl accts. just my thoughts.
Old 10-14-2014

Longevity: 81%

Are you guys trying to withdrawal your funds to an Ally Bank Account?
Old 10-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepongoing View Post
that may be a cover because I have not changed a thing for a year.

its on their end and I bet its for high money stealth w drawl accts. just my thoughts.
Lots of business use PP and withdraw big $$ to their bank accounts every day. I know it's an IP thing because if I verify with one IP address and then go to withdraw again it's fine. It's when my IP changes that I have to re-verify. My problem is that I cannot keep the same IP. My ISP dynamically changes it so every time I log in our out I get a different address. My question is why is PP now keying in on this?
Old 10-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted123 View Post
Are you guys trying to withdrawal your funds to an Ally Bank Account?
I'm not. Nope.
Old 10-14-2014

Quote:
Lots of business use PP and withdraw big $$ to their bank accounts every day. I know it's an IP thing because if I verify with one IP address and then go to withdraw again it's fine. It's when my IP changes that I have to re-verify. My problem is that I cannot keep the same IP. My ISP dynamically changes it so every time I log in our out I get a different address. My question is why is PP now keying in on this?
how are you verifying you mean you are able to get the call/text?

I tried and it wont send to me at all. any other recommendations I could try.

it may be IP issue but Im not sure what else I can do to save the account.
Old 10-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepongoing View Post
how are you verifying you mean you are able to get the call/text?

I tried and it wont send to me at all. any other recommendations I could try.

it may be IP issue but Im not sure what else I can do to save the account.
Yes, I am able to get the call. I have a land line on the account that is in my name too so they can verify that it is me. This account isn't really "stealth" that much. I do have multiple accounts so I do have do deal with some of the same issues that true stealth account do.
Old 10-14-2014

Quote:
Yes, I am able to get the call. I have a land line on the account that is in my name too so they can verify that it is me. This account isn't really "stealth" that much. I do have multiple accounts so I do have do deal with some of the same issues that true stealth account do.
well that is good you can get the call, at least you can keep doing business at the moment. my stealth is diff info obviously so they halted me altogether with not being able to get the call.

not sure what exact settings I need to change or if I need a whole new isp. but this is a damper for sure. may have to start from scratch on this one.

I am sure pp is getting mad calls about this, and Im sure not just stealth affected.
Old 10-14-2014
Threadstarter  

Well I just sent paypal customer service a message about this issue.Hope they fix my problem.
Old 10-14-2014

Quote:
Well I just sent paypal customer service a message about this issue.Hope they fix my problem.
yeah please let me know if this fixes anything because that may be my last resort, a call or email to pp which I dont want to have to do.