Debt Collection Letter for Ebay Fees - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default Debt Collection Letter for Ebay Fees

Has anyone any experience of Ebay sending out a debt collection letter for unpaid fees?

I received a letter today from Iqor for fees totalling £92.71- obviously they have added £25 on for their fee!

Anyway, the address isn't correct on the letter - it simply gives a business name, town and postcode - no house number or anything. I telephoned the Debt Collection Agency and told them this was a residential area and I had absolutely no idea who this letter was for etc and they said they would remove the address that they had on file.

Do you think this will be the end of it or would they have any other method of getting my correct details? I don't want to pay them as they suspended my account ha ha !
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-22-2011

Longevity: 75%

That will be the end of it

Old 08-22-2011

Longevity: 76%

If you genuinely owe it, pay it..... otherwise.....

I am Alps and dont give a hoot - so dont follow my lead on this one unless you is a hooter like me .... hoot, hoot, tweet, tweet.
Old 08-22-2011

This is the reason price constantly raises in the world, because people dont do the right thing.
Old 08-26-2011

Longevity: 87%

If you haven't made any payment on the debt for 6 years its staute barred and not owed.
Old 08-26-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

If you Owe the Money,,,,,,,,,Pay it,,,Its not like it is a Hugh amount,,,You Enjoyed Making money with Ebay when things were going well,,so why not pay them now,,,Especially since it seems that they have your REAL Info,,,,Subtract the Debt Collectors fee send Ebay the Money and then send a Letter to the Debit collector that you have already Paid EBAY Directly,,,this way you can save their fee
Old 08-26-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
If you Owe the Money,,,,,,,,,Pay it,,,Its not like it is a Hugh amount,,,You Enjoyed Making money with Ebay when things were going well,,so why not pay them now,,,Especially since it seems that they have your REAL Info,,,,Subtract the Debt Collectors fee send Ebay the Money and then send a Letter to the Debit collector that you have already Paid EBAY Directly,,,this way you can save their fee
Spot on.

You used their service so pay them their fees.
Old 08-27-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

all I would say is, by not paying fees, if there is a link somewhere later on it could cost you future accounts.....

its hard to want to pay fees when you are booted off, particularly if paypal refunded customers after you sent out goods......

Last edited by oompaloompa; 08-27-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Old 08-27-2011

Longevity: 75%

in the uk a debt collection agancy may have bought the debt and or may be acting on behalf of the person who is owed money. They have no rights in uk law to threaten or take goods unless thay have authority from a court. If a court issues authority to collect what is owed then they issue documents in the name of the debtor for the debt to be recovere from the debtor. if court issued documents do not have your name and address then how can they recover the debt from you ?
Old 08-29-2011
Threadstarter  

Guys thanks for all the replies.

I am like many other people, I was screwed by paypal because of a scumbag buyer who scammed me. They refunded him and I am not taking the hit and paying the fees while the scumbag gets to keep his scammed item. If they paypal/buyer hadnt done this on me, I would or never had no problem paying any fees whatsoever. We all know this story so well Im sure...

The thing is now, an account that I am currently using has been linked to the account I owe the fees on. They are giving me 21 days to pay the outstanding fees for that account or my current ebay account will be permanently suspended. My question is now, if I did pay they outstanding fees for the old account, will they turn around and say that I am now banned because this latest account ha been linked to the old account.

I was considering paying the fees just for the purpose of keeping my current ebay account from getting suspended. But I dont trust ebay one bit, seems like they are just trying to keep me sweet until I pay up and then screw me again.
Old 08-29-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

It's a bait from them. Is the link provable?

But it's the other side of the equation. You did do business with ebay /paypal. Paying fees were part of the deal...
Old 08-30-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by worththewait View Post
Guys thanks for all the replies.

I am like many other people, I was screwed by paypal because of a scumbag buyer who scammed me. They refunded him and I am not taking the hit and paying the fees while the scumbag gets to keep his scammed item. If they paypal/buyer hadnt done this on me, I would or never had no problem paying any fees whatsoever. We all know this story so well Im sure...

The thing is now, an account that I am currently using has been linked to the account I owe the fees on. They are giving me 21 days to pay the outstanding fees for that account or my current ebay account will be permanently suspended. My question is now, if I did pay they outstanding fees for the old account, will they turn around and say that I am now banned because this latest account ha been linked to the old account.

I was considering paying the fees just for the purpose of keeping my current ebay account from getting suspended. But I dont trust ebay one bit, seems like they are just trying to keep me sweet until I pay up and then screw me again.

Dude your thinking is ALL Wrong,,,So Basically a Buyer Scammed you with in your mind Paypals Help,,,

Meanwhile when your agreed to Paypals Terms when you Created the Account you agreed to abide by their Rules which include of course includes Paypal Disputes.

But now since YOU were the Victim,,, that does not matter anymore, what matters is that now you Screw Paypal, who in TRUE Reality had NOTHING to do with you getting Scammed in the first Place, so you are Not Paying their Fees.

Now because Paypal has got you by the Shorthairs on another account, you want to Know if that account is at risk,,,,,,If you were Paypal What would you do?

If Paypal Reasons Anything Like you that account has NO CHANCE.
Old 08-30-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Dude your thinking is ALL Wrong,,,So Basically a Buyer Scammed you with in your mind Paypals Help,,,

Meanwhile when your agreed to Paypals Terms when you Created the Account you agreed to abide by their Rules which include of course includes Paypal Disputes.

But now since YOU were the Victim,,, that does not matter anymore, what matters is that now you Screw Paypal, who in TRUE Reality had NOTHING to do with you getting Scammed in the first Place, so you are Not Paying their Fees.

Now because Paypal has got you by the Shorthairs on another account, you want to Know if that account is at risk,,,,,,If you were Paypal What would you do?

If Paypal Reasons Anything Like you that account has NO CHANCE.
Its the fact that paypal sided with the scamster and refunded him when there was overwhelming evidence which I presented to them that I had been scammed in particular, photos of a box of potatoe skins that I received back in return for a laptop, not to mention a criminal number that I got registered at my local police station for this, again presented to them with no avail, they still sided with the scammer. THATS why im pissed so much with paypal!
Old 08-30-2011

Do unto others what other have done to you if you feel you got skanked - 1 life, so if someone takes the biscuit, throw the tin at them.
Old 08-30-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Bottom line is if they have your real info you need to get it paid.
Old 08-30-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Box of potato skins? Really?
Old 08-30-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by worththewait View Post
Its the fact that paypal sided with the scamster and refunded him when there was overwhelming evidence which I presented to them that I had been scammed in particular, photos of a box of potatoe skins that I received back in return for a laptop, not to mention a criminal number that I got registered at my local police station for this, again presented to them with no avail, they still sided with the scammer. THATS why im pissed so much with paypal!

Yes I Understood that from the begining,,What you do not seem to understand is that Paypal did NOT send you that box of Potatoe Skins, the Scammer did and you have NO Right to take your fustrations out on Paypal,,,

Im quite sure that EVERY Seller has gone through this or some other "Paypal aided" Scam at least once. Im My 10+ Years selling on Ebay I have been Scammed EXACTLY Like you 3 Times. I NEVER even thought about stopping Payments to Paypal.

When I think about out of how many Sales I Made over that same time period getting scammed 3 Times is Nothing!!! These occurrnces are so RARE,,that is why Paypal takes a Very Simply "Buyer gets back Money and Seller gets back Package" Attutide

Like it or not it is part of doing business on Ebay,,,Get used to it!!

And by the way, The ONLY Method that I Know of that is SOMETIMES Successful in winning these type of cases is if you are able to dispute the shipment in some way.

Paypal does NOT Care about any Evidence that you Provide AFTER you Recieve the Package.

As Easily and firmly that you believe the Evidence is UNDESPUTIBLE, they will Believe it can be is Easily falsified. What is to prevent you form "creating" a Photo of a Box of Potato Skins? Hell, there are Photo Editing Programs that can create a "Real" Photo of an Elephant Crawling out of a Mouse's Arse,,,

If on the other hand you can Prove with Evidence from an "Independant" Source like the Post office that you sent a Box weighing say 21lbs and Got back one weighing say 12lbs or you sent a Box that was 12 X 12 X 4 and got back one that was 2 X 2 X 2, or you sent a Box and got back an Envelope or that you got NOTHING al all,,,Then you have a Real Chance at winning your Dispute in Paypal,,,

Otherwise Just MAN UP Pay you Fees and Get over it

Last edited by slapped; 08-30-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 08-30-2011

Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

i understand both points of views

if the account is stealth,i would not pay it

if its in you real details,pay it,just for peace of mind

paypal suspended you indefinitely so if stealth....fek em:D
Old 08-30-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Yes I Understood that from the begining,,What you do not seem to understand is that Paypal did NOT send you that box of Potatoe Skins, the Scammer did and you have NO Right to take your fustrations out on Paypal,,,

Im quite sure that EVERY Seller has gone through this or some other "Paypal aided" Scam at least once. Im My 10+ Years selling on Ebay I have been Scammed EXACTLY Like you 3 Times. I NEVER even thought about stopping Payments to Paypal.

When I think about out of how many Sales I Made over that same time period getting scammed 3 Times is Nothing!!! These occurrnces are so RARE,,that is why Paypal takes a Very Simply "Buyer gets back Money and Seller gets back Package" Attutide

Like it or not it is part of doing business on Ebay,,,Get used to it!!

And by the way, The ONLY Method that I Know of that is SOMETIMES Successful in winning these type of cases is if you are able to dispute the shipment in some way.

Paypal does NOT Care about any Evidence that you Provide AFTER you Recieve the Package.

As Easily and firmly that you believe the Evidence is UNDESPUTIBLE, they will Believe it can be is Easily falsified. What is to prevent you form "creating" a Photo of a Box of Potato Skins? Hell, there are Photo Editing Programs that can create a "Real" Photo of an Elephant Crawling out of a Mouse's Arse,,,

If on the other hand you can Prove with Evidence from an "Independant" Source like the Post office that you sent a Box weighing say 21lbs and Got back one weighing say 12lbs or you sent a Box that was 12 X 12 X 4 and got back one that was 2 X 2 X 2, or you sent a Box and got back an Envelope or that you got NOTHING al all,,,Then you have a Real Chance at winning your Dispute in Paypal,,,

Otherwise Just MAN UP Pay you Fees and Get over it
Yes I do understand where you are coming from, you do have some very valid points. I just was taken completely by surprise, been trading on ebay from 2001 and never been scammed like this with an expensive item, it just makes my blood boil.

Paypal/ebay have provided the platform to be scammed like this, so they have to be accountable in some way, they have to make exceptions regardless of what evidence could are could not be invented.

And yes, I got a big f**king box of potato skins, with a big f**king terd in the middle of it for good measure. And the ******* left me a neg for wasting his time. The only thing stopping me from ripping this *******s head off is I need a return flight over to England to do it!
Old 08-31-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Walk on water over the Irish Sea. Dont bother with the flight.
Old 08-31-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

paypal does provide the platform, it is skewed towards buyers, I do not see a way for pp to actually stop stuff like this happening, I mean a return cannot be formally witnessed by them.However I do think ebay should have left neg feedback for buyers then you would know if someone was a scumbag.......

in reality you know what you got back, even if pp does not therefore you are justified with regards to your own conscience in not paying......your only issue is that papal search harder for links when fees are owed, so only you know the little slip ups you may have made.
Closed Thread