eBay Account Suspended - Non Payment of Fees - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 11-19-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
Default eBay Account Suspended - Non Payment of Fees

Hi all,

I've had a few legitimate eBay accounts since 1999. The last one got suspended a few months ago as I refused to pay the fees: buyer claimed item didn't arrive, eBay refunded, left me out of pocket to the tune of about £20, tried to reclaim from Royal Fail but didn't get any money back, refused to pay eBay fees on principle!

Thing is, I've tried the "alternative" selling routes (Amazon, eBid etc.) and had no joy selling anything. I have a few things I would like to put up for sale on the run-up to Christmas so I can make a few quid for the season, so I need to sell on eBay. (I'm not a business seller, by the way; these are just some items I have hanging around that I could stand to make a few quid on.)

Question is, is it worth faffing about with a stealth account or should I just suck it up and pay the damnable fee?

(Incidentally, from now on everything goes via Recorded Delivery, I'm sick of getting screwed out of money!)

I really want the account to both buy and sell and I'm worried if I open a stealth account I won't be able to have items delivered without getting a PO Box, and that'll likely cost more than just paying the blasted fees!

I think I know the answer to my question, but it's always nice to get a second (third, forth, fifth...) opinion!

Ta!
Ex.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-19-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

For 20 quid you stood on principle

Take it as a lesson learned. Pay it and hope that ebay will restore your account.
Always send recorded delivery to save such dramas.

Faff around with stealth and you win both ways

Welcome to the forum too
Old 11-19-2011

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 76%

Welcome to the forrum
Should pay the fee, get the Stealth Book and come back in a couple months and repost to see if it was worth the hassle .. Trust me if you follow the steps to the "T" stealth is the place to be!
Old 11-20-2011

Ebid is s**t,
I used to sell 8-10 items a day before my last EB was suspended. I listed on Ebid, which is supposed to be the 2nd biggest auction place in UK. A month and a half later I've sold only 1 item (not a typo, only 1). The reason I am saying this is to point out how precious an EB accnt can be and for £20 (3 packs of fags) I won't even think twice. Matter of fact, I'd pay the customer £40 to just keep 'em sweet. GL whatever you do...
Old 11-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

NEVER, EVER, Mess up a Perfectly good account for a FEW Lousy Bucks,,,ESPECIALLY an account with real info,,,,Ok, so you got Screwed,,,Guess What,,,We ALL Have at some Point,,,Get PAST it,,,it is Just part of the Ebay Game,,,Greenbean gave you some SOLID Advice,,Take it,,,and hope for the Best,,,
Old 11-20-2011
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the welcomes!

Yup, that was the response I expected.

So yeah, up and running again.

And yeah, on principle, what's wrong with that? It's not the first time I've been screwed on eBay and I'm under no illusion that it'll be the last, I was just sick of it as eBay almost always sides with the buyer even if you provide POP (which I did). Sometimes you just get pig-sick of eBay siding with the people who don't pay them but walking over those of us who do!

Like I said, I'm not a business seller, I'm what eBay used to consider it's bread and butter; a private seller moving on unwanted items. I certainly couldn't afford to pay a buyer £40 to "keep them sweet!" I don't care if they don't come back, I don't rely on repeat business! All I want to do is sell some second-hand items I have no use for anymore. If I were a business seller I would certainly take a different view of things and I'd bend over backwards to make sure my customers were satisfied.

But I think private sellers get a raw deal on eBay now. My last eBay account was suspended because I had a private account but was selling some PS2 bits for a charity. Some tosser reported me and eBay insisted I "upgrade" to a Business account. I e-mailed them many, many times telling them I was selling the parts for a charity but they wouldn't have it. I wasn't going to get a Business account because I'm not a business! So I abandoned that account. eBay want everyone to open a Business account so they can get screwed in a whole new manor!

As for eBid... pfft! It's rife with scammers and NPB's. I had an account there for about eight months, sold three things in that time, two of which resulted in a NPB and one was a scammer! Scammer bought my old Smartphone, had it for about an hour and wanted to return it because they "couldn't get on with it". When I suggested they give it a bit longer they opened a PP SNAD and said it was internally damaged! I sent PP some pictures of it clearly working and, thankfully, they sided with me... this time. Utterly useless site! As much as I hate eBay and all it's rubbish, at least if I list something I have a good chance of actually selling it! "Better the Devil you know" and all that.

Anyway, whine over! Everything good again.

Cheers all!
Old 11-20-2011

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exinferis View Post
Thanks for the welcomes!

Yup, that was the response I expected.

So yeah, up and running again.

And yeah, on principle, what's wrong with that? It's not the first time I've been screwed on eBay and I'm under no illusion that it'll be the last, I was just sick of it as eBay almost always sides with the buyer even if you provide POP (which I did). Sometimes you just get pig-sick of eBay siding with the people who don't pay them but walking over those of us who do!

Like I said, I'm not a business seller, I'm what eBay used to consider it's bread and butter; a private seller moving on unwanted items. I certainly couldn't afford to pay a buyer £40 to "keep them sweet!" I don't care if they don't come back, I don't rely on repeat business! All I want to do is sell some second-hand items I have no use for anymore. If I were a business seller I would certainly take a different view of things and I'd bend over backwards to make sure my customers were satisfied.

But I think private sellers get a raw deal on eBay now. My last eBay account was suspended because I had a private account but was selling some PS2 bits for a charity. Some tosser reported me and eBay insisted I "upgrade" to a Business account. I e-mailed them many, many times telling them I was selling the parts for a charity but they wouldn't have it. I wasn't going to get a Business account because I'm not a business! So I abandoned that account. eBay want everyone to open a Business account so they can get screwed in a whole new manor!

As for eBid... pfft! It's rife with scammers and NPB's. I had an account there for about eight months, sold three things in that time, two of which resulted in a NPB and one was a scammer! Scammer bought my old Smartphone, had it for about an hour and wanted to return it because they "couldn't get on with it". When I suggested they give it a bit longer they opened a PP SNAD and said it was internally damaged! I sent PP some pictures of it clearly working and, thankfully, they sided with me... this time. Utterly useless site! As much as I hate eBay and all it's rubbish, at least if I list something I have a good chance of actually selling it! "Better the Devil you know" and all that.

Anyway, whine over! Everything good again.

Cheers all!

Tis all part of doing business

You can open a business account without been a business, i wouldn't recommend unless you pay your taxes but saying that it would look less suspicious then been a private seller selling like a business, that would just stick out like a bonk on, sorry i mean soar thumb

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 11-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exinferis View Post

Oh my, oh my. It all starts with the right mind set bro. Have you thought that if a buyer is unhappy they will leave NEGATIVE feedback. A few of those and you're gone for good. Good luck and keep things in prospective...
Old 11-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizWoz View Post
Tis all part of doing business

You can open a business account without been a business, i wouldn't recommend unless you pay your taxes but saying that it would look less suspicious then been a private seller selling like a business, that would just stick out like a bonk on, sorry i mean soar thumb
Unless you have 10 stealths that operate as a private seller. EB sees 10 small fish, you see a business...
Old 11-20-2011

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by resilient View Post
Unless you have 10 stealths that operate as a private seller. EB sees 10 small fish, you see a business...

Im not talking about ebay, there are bigger fish to worry about when your trading on there if your sh*ts not straight.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 11-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts

lol £20.... i think there a lot of sellers on here who would be over the moon if they got to keep there account by paying £20... really!

Its not worth all the stress of going stealth etc... count yourself lucky
Old 11-26-2011

even if it was about 20 pennies never ever bend over.
It only makes crooks more confident
Go with stealth, sell again and do not pay again .... again and again until you get even
It may be 20 pennies on their stupid invoice but try to estimate loss of opportunity, damage of reputation .... I am sure it would be thousands of £££ ....