Additional ebay accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 03-31-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default Additional ebay accounts

Hi, i have been running 2 different stealth accounts for 2-3 weeks now, all going well, but i would obviously like to get round the listing limits. I know eb ay let you open additional accounts in the same name, so i was thinking of opening a 2nd eb ay account in each of the stealth names, and linking to the same pa ypal account, so i have 2 ebay accounts to 1 p pal account. That way i can potentially double the amount of items i am listing, and if i do sell anything potentially vero in the future, if anything gets removed i can just switch over to the account in the same name. I realise that if i lose 1 i will lose both of them as they will be linked, plus the paypal, but at least this way i am spreading my risk between 2 accounts - has anyone else adopted a similar strategy, and if so does it seem to be working? Also wondering how long people suggest i leave it before opening a 2nd account, do i just wait until the new user padlock disappears, or get to 1st fback star, or would you suggest i leave it longer? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have ready the stealth giude. thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-31-2011

Yes as far as i know you can have more than 1 ebay account with the same paypal account just add the email address you used to create your new eBay account to your Paypal account. Do this for each ebay account so if you have 5 ebay accounts then you wounld have 5 emails in the one paypal account.

Go to your Paypal account >> Profile >> Email and select to add a new email address. Once this is done, Palpal will send a verification email to that email address for you to verify. Once verified the only thing you have to do on eBay’s end is to add your paypal email address to your auctions and you’re good to go. Do not select to link your eBay and Paypal accounts; this will cause your account to be suspended. It’s fairly easy, don’t over complicate it and you’ll be okay.
The Following User Says Thank You to raptor3 For This Useful Post:
ets (04-09-2011)
Old 04-08-2011

Longevity: 75%
Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

But if you use one PayPal for two different eBay accounts, then won't you eventually be hitting PayPal limits quicker?

Suppose it is a good idea to get around the initial selling limits, but if one eBay account gets suspended then I am pretty sure the other will not be far behind. Also what if you do get limited on your PayPal, then won't both of your eBay accounts be hit at the same time?
Old 04-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

@Shadyone, 1st q: yes, potentially that's why spreading sales among complete diff accounts is a solid option.

2. Other can go down - never 100% but is it worth the risk in business operations? That's the seller's choice.

3. A limitation on pa yp al does not mean 100% end of eb ay account (this happens a lot - even to me). The next move has been discussed on various threads but safest option is if one goes down, forget the other and go fresh.
Old 04-08-2011

100% agree.

My recommendation to all is to sort yourself out with 10 accounts over the next few months. That way, you are more than likely sorted for life if you play it cool.

Get in there now coz times are changing ladies and gentlemen, and things will only get harder..... if you know what I mean 'harry'!

Don't panic like me for no reason though! There will always be ways coz their system is too big for them to know it all..... (again..... if you know what I mean 'harry').... oh harry!
Old 04-09-2011

Quote:
100% agree.

My recommendation to all is to sort yourself out with 10 accounts over the next few months. That way, you are more than likely sorted for life if you play it cool.

Get in there now coz times are changing ladies and gentlemen, and things will only get harder..... if you know what I mean 'harry'!

Don't panic like me for no reason though! There will always be ways coz their system is too big for them to know it all..... (again..... if you know what I mean 'harry').... oh harry!
Simple but excellent tip of setting up multiple eBay/PayPal accounts now before any potential changes come into place with eBay and PayPal.
Old 04-10-2011

Longevity: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor3 View Post
Yes as far as i know you can have more than 1 ebay account with the same paypal account just add the email address you used to create your new eBay account to your Paypal account. Do this for each ebay account so if you have 5 ebay accounts then you wounld have 5 emails in the one paypal account.
NOTE: eBay is suspending accounts citing 'abusing eBay' for so much as setting up a 2nd account if it's setup too soon after the 1st.
The Following User Says Thank You to RimmingTon For This Useful Post:
Gman91189 (04-10-2011)
Old 04-10-2011

Quote:
NOTE: eBay is suspending accounts citing 'abusing eBay' for so much as setting up a 2nd account if it's setup too soon after the 1st.
Makes sense really, what other reasons could their be for setting up multiple eBay accounts so soon other than to eventually have multiple eBay accounts with no limits together at the same time.

I know they only really say you should have a second account if you are planning on having one become a business account soon.

Setting up multiples accounts isn't the behavior of a normal eBayer would have is it really, it is more on the suspicious side of eBay's opinion.

Best to stick to creating multiple eBay accounts with different details until a few months of steady selling has passed, then open up your other accounts with similar details.

Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-10-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Old 04-11-2011

Longevity: 78%

ok so what would happen then if i for example, set up one paypal and ebay account and then another ebay in stealths partners name going to the same paypal, so paypal and first ebay is mr j bloggs and 2nd ebay account going to same paypal in mrs j bloggs, surely that happens all the same with couples for real????
Old 04-11-2011

Quote:
mr j bloggs and 2nd ebay account going to same paypal in mrs j bloggs, surely that happens all the same with couples for real????
It is likely that you could easily do this without raising any eyebrows over at eBay HQ.

It must happen a lot with real eBay members setting up accounts at the same time e.g. husband & wife like you mentioned.

Suppose it then matters what you do with the accounts, to many similarities when selling may then raise eyebrows because eBay know people open more than one account themselves by simply using their families details.

That said though it is unlikely just doing that would even lead to a suspension, just might get closely followed