Ask buyers to leave "+" feedbacks... - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay FeedBack

eBay FeedBack General discussions on eBay feedback, seller feedback, positive feedback, negative feedback, DSR rating, increase feedback

Old 02-24-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

@MM78, need to simplify - too long of a note for a buyer to read need to be straight and effective yet polite
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-24-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkilla View Post
For any good feedback, I give $15 reward.
Seems a bit pricey. How much do u makeover sale?
Old 02-24-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%
Default Re: Ask buyers to leave "+" feedbacks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkilla View Post
For any good feedback, I give $15 reward.
How do u advertise this? A company recently got caught doing this and got their account shutdown
Old 02-24-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

To give out $15 per positive feedback would make me go broke, no feedback is worth $15...unless its trying to get a neg reversed.
Old 03-01-2013

Longevity: 64%

I leave a short note that was 3 lines (excluding a few for Dear xxx and Sincerely xxx). It mentions that a buyer being happy is the most important thing to me and to contact me if there was anything that I could improve. I then mention feedback is very/extremely important as well and that I would appreciate it if they could leave 5 star/positive feedback and mention that I will do the same or already have (I sometimes leave feedback before sending, other times I wait until after items are shipped). I usually toss in a sentence about them being a valued customer and that I hope they purchase from me in the future.

I have seen some small improvements since including these. I always sign them as well to give them a bit of a "personal touch." Just leave a small space above your printed/typed name.

I also use scrap paper (has school material on the back sometimes) as long as one side is clean and can print 3-12 notes per sheet. I don't notice much difference when I use draft or use other modes to save ink (note: I don't notice a significant difference in quality--I am not relating this to sales, though I doubt it matters much in savings or sales.
Old 03-04-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
To give out $15 per positive feedback would make me go broke, no feedback is worth $15...unless its trying to get a neg reversed.
I have learned through years of experience. Either buyers leave feedback or they don't. It is not worth bugging them about it could open a can of worms. The only exception could be a buyer who has purchased from you multiple times but has never given feedback. In that case you might shoot them an message. "Thank you for being such a great customer, I really appreciate the business. If you would be willing to take a few moments to leave feedback for you past transaction it would be great appreciate. Thanks again and have a great day." Otherwise the average person on eBay is best to just leave alone.
Old 03-04-2013

Longevity: 65%

anyone subscribe to the app feedback pro? its $7/mo and it does all the work for you..think its worth it?
Old 03-09-2013

Longevity: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateep22 View Post
anyone subscribe to the app feedback pro? its $7/mo and it does all the work for you..think its worth it?
yes, that 's good if you sell more every days .

simple : " please leave me five star feedback and i will give you the same" ( contact your buyer until they give you positive feedback )
Old 03-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%
Default Re: Ask buyers to leave "+" feedbacks...

Lots of debate about this. I think asking for feedback leaves open the opputunity for someone to leave a negative or neutral rather than a positive
Old 07-11-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeder33 View Post
I disagree, asking for feedback really helps, people don't leave as many negs once they realize you are a real person trying to run a business
Bringing up an old thread but. But I use to email buyers about leaving feedback quite a few weeks after receiving feedback. Then one time I emailed a buyer they sent me back a nasty message about how dissatisfied they were with the item and left me a negative. I tried to ask them why if we could work it out never responded back just stuck with the negative. So I figured that is a one time deal. So I kept doing what I was doing then I had a similar thing happen and I got a negative and basically had to just give them the item for free to get it revised. Even though these are the same items hundreds of other buyers had no problems with. I have learned to just leave people be.
Old 07-12-2013

Longevity: 86%

As a buyer it really pizzes me off if someone pesters me for feedback. I get all my US purchases sent to a shipper and the consolidated box sent to me in the UK say twice a month. So I may not get an item til 3 weeks after the seller sent it. And I am for sure not going to leave feedback til I get the item!

Well one time I had this Ebay seller really pester me for feedback. I ignored the first two requests. Then when I got the third I said "Its not a good idea to harass buyers for feedback or you may not like what you get" The seller replied "I dont like your tone!" Like I was in the wrong.

I didnt leave a neg because I was pleased with the item when I got it but guess who got 1 star for communication!

While I appreciate that some sellers need the feedback because they are on the 21 day Paypal hold frankly as a buyer thats not my problem. I leave feedback in batches when I unpack and have inspected a consolidated box from my shipper. And thats at MY convenience, not the sellers.

As a seller I have NEVER pestered buyers for feedback.
Old 08-02-2013

Longevity: 88%

I don't like receiving feedback from my buyers but I have been trying to get to improve my eBay feedback score (i.e. get it higher) as i only have a score of 350. A friend has a a score of over 12000 and he claims it helps him get higher prices for his auctions.

Now i know this thread is more about receiving feedback but does anyone have any thoughts on when we should feel we have enough feedback to not worry about receiving feedback any more.
I ask because i would rather not receive feedback from my buyers.
Old 08-02-2013

Longevity: 63%
Talking

My what an interesting fantasy world you live in....
The Following User Says Thank You to bigboddie For This Useful Post:
GreenGhost (08-08-2013)
Old 08-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboddie View Post
My what an interesting fantasy world you live in....
Haha for real. I just about fell out of my chair laughing reading that post.
The Following User Says Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
GreenGhost (08-08-2013)
Old 08-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by luverlyjuberly View Post
I don't like receiving feedback from my buyers but I have been trying to get to improve my eBay feedback score (i.e. get it higher) as i only have a score of 350. A friend has a a score of over 12000 and he claims it helps him get higher prices for his auctions.

Now i know this thread is more about receiving feedback but does anyone have any thoughts on when we should feel we have enough feedback to not worry about receiving feedback any more.
I ask because i would rather not receive feedback from my buyers.
I dont work on getting thousands of feedback - if they come, they come - I rely on my bidders to know what they are getting and expect good service/product from the transaction. Focusing on thousands of feedback takes time.

I have sold good value items at great prices (high profit margins) with low double digit feedback...maybe even with less than 10 feedback on few accounts in the past that have since gone up in positives from that time
Old 08-07-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

You will find that many buyers who will leave feedback do it quickly.

If they are not much of one to leave feedback then you wont see it. You can check their feedback left tab and will know real quick.

I have found that asking for feedback usually ends up in a buyer getting ticked off so I dont even try it.

What I have found on newer accounts is I will take a shot at leaving them glowing feedback and here comes a good feedback in many cases.
Old 08-08-2013

I sell international and sometimes getting a 5 star is culturally hard. Some buyers think that 3 star or above is good enough.

I usually insert a note explaining to leave a 5 star review and contact me asap if they think I don't deserve it.
Old 08-08-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 62%

I rarely received feedback, it was generally the negitive I received..

So It got to the point where id offer to send a small amount of money in return for people to take the time out and leave me feedback.. - they never took the bait

the result was it never happened i have tons and tons of feedback's never received and lot my ebay account.
Old 08-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Offering money for positive feedback...ugh...that's old school but so unnecessary these days. Sell small items to offset your big sales and you will get fast positive feedback - contrary to belief, there are buyers who L-O-V-E giving and getting feedback - like some sort of a cult religion
Old 08-08-2013

Longevity: 65%
Send a message via Skype™ to Jack

When I send products out, I not only leave a note saying that I loved there business, but after I see the item has indeed arrived I send a message through eBay saying, " Thank you so much for your business. We are happy that we can serve our customers with the best products. We also wanted to remind you leaving Great Feedback with 5 stars helps us know we are doing a great job! Please note that the same will be done for you as well! Have a wonderful day!
Old 08-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Offering money for positive feedback...ugh...that's old school but so unnecessary these days. Sell small items to offset your big sales and you will get fast positive feedback - contrary to belief, there are buyers who L-O-V-E giving and getting feedback - like some sort of a cult religion
Offering a partial refund or something to come to an acceptable agreement to basically remove negative feedback I agree with.

But yea, either they leave it or they don't. I personally don't leave feedback for buyers until they have left it for me early on. Then a month plus in I just do a quick feedback check to make sure they don't leave lots of negatives or whatever. Most the time Users leave no feedback for the seller at all then I proceed to leave a positive for them. Not because I have to but I kind of like to have a record of buyers I have dealt with as I from time to time I like to screen buyers especially those who ask lots of questions through their feedback.