How I got out of Managed Payments for 2 years...and why I think PayPal will be back - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments

eBay Managed Payments Discussions related to eBay Managed Payments

Old 07-16-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default Re: How I got out of Managed Payments for 2 years...and why I think PayPal will be ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
How many do you think we're talking about. A tiny tiny number I'll wager. Anyway, MP has, in the main, been widely welcomed and if a few have been suspended because of it something tells me there's a good reason.

Like I said, if you think the meltdown over MP is bad you clearly weren't a seller when, in the space of a matter of a couple of years, they made paypal compulsory, removed negative feedback for sellers, made business sellers display their details and made countless 'private' sellers convert to businesses in a 'levelling up' purge. Some we saying that ebay would be dead before the end of the decade - yet here we are getting in a flap about something as trivial as how we get paid.

Trust me, the perceived damage done by a few disgruntled stealthers over MP is almost insignificant.

Each generation of sellers has it's issues. The next generation will have theirs but MP wont be one of them.
One thing everyone fails to realize, it's a sales platform, not seller platform.
One has to accept the things they can not change.
The Following User Says Thank You to Runnynose For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (07-17-2021)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-16-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 22%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: How I got out of Managed Payments for 2 years...and why I think PayPal will be ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
How many do you think we're talking about. A tiny tiny number I'll wager. Anyway, MP has, in the main, been widely welcomed and if a few have been suspended because of it something tells me there's a good reason.

Like I said, if you think the meltdown over MP is bad you clearly weren't a seller when, in the space of a matter of a couple of years, they made paypal compulsory, removed negative feedback for sellers, made business sellers display their details and made countless 'private' sellers convert to businesses in a 'levelling up' purge. Some we saying that ebay would be dead before the end of the decade - yet here we are getting in a flap about something as trivial as how we get paid.

Trust me, the perceived damage done by a few disgruntled stealthers over MP is almost insignificant.

Each generation of sellers has it's issues. The next generation will have theirs but MP wont be one of them.
I agree.
New today - standard tomorrow.
Old 07-16-2021

Longevity: 62%
Send a message via Skype™ to Nyco

What ever the case may be.. I LOVE Ebay MP!! Its the Best thing that every happened to ebay well from my point of view/situation. I hope its here to stay hahaha
Old 07-17-2021
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 52%

(1) Ebay's problem with Managed Payments isn't that it's bad for stealth, that is our problem. Problem is average Joe is NOT going to give SSN and ebay access to his bank in order to sell some old books/clothes/toys laying around the house. I take back "PayPal will back" in my post and probably better to say for personal sellers (say less than 25 or 50 sales a year), they don't require SSN.

(2) I went to my buying account and saw feedback for a year ago, almost half of the sellers have "no longer a registered user" next to their name. I went back 5 years ago when I made account, almost 90% says "no longer a registered user". Honest question, has any one here ever been been suspended from anything else in their life??
Did gmail ban you? What about facebook? What about your local bank?
I got a VERO listing removable this week from "lululemon" for using one of their stock photos. If you search Lululemon there is almost 200k results and maybe 20k are stock photos.
Had a listing removed last month because community members reported it as a ⊗⊗⊗⊗...it's not a ⊗⊗⊗⊗.
Year ago I had a watch listing VERO removed for putting "NATO" in the title, if you google "NATO watch strap", it's a type of watch strap. Apparently some sex offender (this is actually true, he's a sex offender) trademarked the word "NATO" and sits on his computer and calls up eBay to remove titles with Nato.
Had a account years ago, first 3 sales were expensive luxury items $500 each, all real, all delivered, positive feedback left, eBay banned for no reason "you pose too much of a risk to our community".

I don't want to sound like an guy in jail claiming he is innocent, but the fact is eBay bans most of the time for no or little reason. If it's obvious someone is a scammer, sure, ban them for life. The fact is they put everyone into the "banned for life" category even when most don't do anything wrong, it's just ebay doesn't like you, or pose too much of a risk to the community, you're gone.

If my bank closes my account, I can walk across the street and open a new bank account.
If my credit card closed my card for missing payments, sure it'll hurt my credit score, but I can open another card from another company.

I don't mind if there is minor problem, they ban for 30 days or 90 days, even 180 days. But when Ebay bans you (even if the reason is just "suspicion"), they save all your personal info and ban any future account for life.
Old 07-17-2021

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdanielsbtch View Post
(1) Ebay's problem with Managed Payments isn't that it's bad for stealth, that is our problem. Problem is average Joe is NOT going to give SSN and ebay access to his bank in order to sell some old books/clothes/toys laying around the house. I take back "PayPal will back" in my post and probably better to say for personal sellers (say less than 25 or 50 sales a year), they don't require SSN.

(2) I went to my buying account and saw feedback for a year ago, almost half of the sellers have "no longer a registered user" next to their name. I went back 5 years ago when I made account, almost 90% says "no longer a registered user". Honest question, has any one here ever been been suspended from anything else in their life??
I got a VERO listing removable this week from "lululemon" for using one of their stock photos. If you search Lululemon there is almost 200k results and maybe 20k are stock photos.
Had a listing removed last month because community members reported it as a ⊗⊗⊗⊗...it's not a ⊗⊗⊗⊗.
Year ago I had a watch listing VERO removed for putting "NATO" in the title, if you google "NATO watch strap", it's a type of watch strap. Apparently some sex offender (this is actually true, he's a sex offender) trademarked the word "NATO" and sits on his computer and calls up eBay to remove titles with Nato.
Had a account years ago, first 3 sales were expensive luxury items $500 each, all real, all delivered, positive feedback left, eBay banned for no reason "you pose too much of a risk to our community".

I don't want to sound like an guy in jail claiming he is innocent, but the fact is eBay bans most of the time for no or little reason. If it's obvious someone is a scammer, sure, ban them for life. The fact is they put everyone into the "banned for life" category even when most don't do anything wrong, it's just ebay doesn't like you, or pose too much of a risk to the community, you're gone.

If my bank closes my account, I can walk across the street and open a new bank account.
If my credit card closed my card for missing payments, sure it'll hurt my credit score, but I can open another card from another company.

I don't mind if there is minor problem, they ban for 30 days or 90 days, even 180 days. But when Ebay bans you (even if the reason is just "suspicion"), they save all your personal info and ban any future account for life.
yeah eBay is gay dude.
Old 07-20-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdanielsbtch View Post

Same here. Sold few luxury watches in 2 years, all perfect, all positive feedback, zero issues, everyone is happy, turnover more than 20k eur. Then, some dude purchased 700 eur item from me - instant ban without any explanations besides generic "risk to ebay community". That is very sad. They want is to be long-term legit sellers, but there is no way to do it. Especially with their zero tolerance system, when there are landmines everywhere, like "private auctions", "blurry pictures", "not enough pictures", "not clear description", "Ņeg feedback from some idiot" etc. And all these cause permlimit instead of some friendly talk and attempt to get things right. As they do not put these niances anywhere, but when they evaluate - they use ANY of these to kick you out. And that is horrible way of doing business. Especially when they have all your personal details but behave worse than a bank that just does not have a lawful power to close your account without a warning and seize your money, like ebay does sometimes on MP accs. They are wannabe Amazon now, but the implementation really sucks. How can one create a long serious business with them - not clear.... when your source of funds for living is based on an opinion of some monkey... that is disaster!
Old 07-20-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
Same here. Sold few luxury watches in 2 years, all perfect, all positive feedback, zero issues, everyone is happy, turnover more than 20k eur. Then, some dude purchased 700 eur item from me - instant ban without any explanations besides generic "risk to ebay community". That is very sad. They want is to be long-term legit sellers, but there is no way to do it. Especially with their zero tolerance system, when there are landmines everywhere, like "private auctions", "blurry pictures", "not enough pictures", "not clear description", "Ņeg feedback from some idiot" etc. And all these cause permlimit instead of some friendly talk and attempt to get things right. As they do not put these niances anywhere, but when they evaluate - they use ANY of these to kick you out. And that is horrible way of doing business. Especially when they have all your personal details but behave worse than a bank that just does not have a lawful power to close your account without a warning and seize your money, like ebay does sometimes on MP accs. They are wannabe Amazon now, but the implementation really sucks. How can one create a long serious business with them - not clear.... when your source of funds for living is based on an opinion of some monkey... that is disaster!

Totally agree Muzzie
Old 07-20-2021

Activity: 84%
Longevity: 46%

this is continuation of the same strategy where the philipino reps on the phone decide within a minute who can sell. This is not about stealth but about suspensions at will where legitimate sellers can be suspended without any checks and shady sellers will be let through depending on who makes the decisions and what mood they are in

now with the implementation of managed payments the same thing will be running there as well
Old 07-20-2021

Continued testing currently exposes this:

1) .Co.Uk site now kicks out almost anyone who is not from UK
2) .Com seems to me much more relaxed and welcomes everyone. But their fees are horrid.
3) .Co.Uk. has a chance of surviving if real docs used, and Direct Debit - capable bank is used, with a matching name.
4) .co.uk registered accounts that list on .com also seem to work.

Very foggy it all is, but this is what i've come up to as for now.
Old 07-20-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 41%

Quote:

2) .Com seems to me much more relaxed and welcomes everyone. But their fees are horrid.
3) .Co.Uk. has a chance of surviving if real docs used, and Direct Debit - capable bank is used, with a matching name.

You’ve hit the nail on the head there mate so pretty much stealth is dead and if you’ve managed to pass MP with stealth using docs then sooner or later your going to get pulled up and funds on hold and if the can’t verify you then you’ll have an altogether different issue of getting your funds back.
Old 07-20-2021

Stealth seems possible on .com. not sure about for how long but possible
The Following User Says Thank You to muzzie For This Useful Post:
13obby (07-20-2021)
Old 07-20-2021

Quote:

This is closer to my experience. It is not about which site the account was opened on but where you list. .com is more tolerant towards international sellers than UK or Germany. But in general this tolerance applies to the type of items you sell , I think identity checks are done everywhere and additionally some types of bank accounts were blocked. With bank accounts as far as I can say they blocked those who easily take in international customers and assign lots of virtual bank accounts
Old 07-20-2021

.com listing, shoggy docs, and MM Wise bank - works
.co.uk listing and MM Wise - ban
.co.uk listing and name matching low profile unpopular EMI without direct debit - ban
.co.uk APPLICATION ONLY or MP with creative docs and matching bank - 50% chance of silent kill

So biggest issue as it seems is the local ebay sites. Com seems the best option so far. I guess they want to enforce people to use local sites where possible. Might be some Ayden requirement.
Old 07-20-2021

Quote:
.com listing, shoggy docs, and MM Wise bank - works
.co.uk listing and MM Wise - ban
.co.uk listing and name matching low profile unpopular EMI without direct debit - ban
.co.uk APPLICATION ONLY or MP with creative docs and matching bank - 50% chance of silent kill

So biggest issue as it seems is the local ebay sites. Com seems the best option so far. I guess they want to enforce people to use local sites where possible. Might be some Ayden requirement.
I do not quite understand though , were all these MP bans or other kinds of bans? and what EMI is meant?

did you have different MP registration countries with all these attempts or was it all for Latvia?

Last edited by murdered_by_ebay; 07-20-2021 at 09:19 AM.
Old 07-20-2021

MP bans of course, as same items listed on NonMP accs are fine. EMI is one small France company.
Old 07-20-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

All this talk about SS number, but ETSY and amazon has been this way for years and Come January 1st, all platforms will require it anyways. It will be normal moving forward.
Old 07-20-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
All this talk about SS number, but ETSY and amazon has been this way for years and Come January 1st, all platforms will require it anyways. It will be normal moving forward.
At least Etsy does not throw you out during registration without any reason. At least in countries outside US.
Old 07-20-2021

Quote:
MP bans of course, as same items listed on NonMP accs are fine. EMI is one small France company.
did you have different MP registration countries or were all attempts for Latvia only?
Old 07-20-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
did you have different MP registration countries or were all attempts for Latvia only?
All latvia, and some lithuania
Old 07-20-2021

Quote:
All latvia, and some lithuania
were they recent ones?
Old 07-20-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
were they recent ones?
Lithuanian was 1 month old acc with 1 small sale
Old 07-20-2021

Quote:
Lithuanian was 1 month old acc with 1 small sale
I think you should try a local bank. Wise , various EMI's etc. are all companies widely available to international customers and with a lot of abuse.

considering the recent bans of various virtual account providers it is safe to assume that not banned virtual account providers still constitute a problem. I believe ebay want to see bank accounts from actual physical banks from the country of registration.

in your case it looks like you have french and belgian IBAN's with lithuanian and latvian ebay accounts which may look like high risk