Changing your IP address - Page 6 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 09-11-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%

hi all...new here, but i have been on eb for a few years and had already opened accounts in other names. i opened them to sell when eb gets suspension happy, but i never could figure out how to set them up to sell. ...i do now that i've found u all. thanks for tha info!!

got an i.p. question....i am on hughes satellite and i am not sure if this is ok.
i log into a site like ipchicken and get my ip address......
i close my browser and wait a few minutes and when i check it again its different.

does this mean i can go undetected by eb as long as i always have a diff ip when i log in?

thanks for everyones input.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-11-2007

I have noticed since tracking my aol IP that there are about 5-10 numbers that get cycled...at least in my case.
There are other IP diguisers that are web accessible that will cloak you.
Someone has posted that they use them all of the time with EB without incident.
FYI I would think that it would be in your best interest to keep this simple. Wht does anyone need to be accessing more than 2-3 EB accounts at any given time? One one IE, one on Firefox and one on AOL. As long as you don't access IE and FF accounts with the same IP there shouldn't be a cookie issue either. The more you try to hide, the more you have to remember and the more likely you are to screw up and give your secret away to EB.
Old 09-11-2007

i guess ur right......tryin to take a huge bite when i should be nibbling. :D
Old 09-11-2007

I use AOL and it eventually always goes back to one certain IP address. Crazy thing is it says I'm in NY. I'm in TX. Now if I check or change my IP address under IE, it will be different all the time, but it's more accurate about my location. What is it with AOL? Constant mis direction? Despite it saying I was in NY, I had no problem setting up a new account on Ebay. Please advise. Thank you.
Old 09-13-2007

Default question about ip address

i recently installed another network adapter and that is another form of a quick way to change your ip address.

BUT, i logged onto my suspended ebay account out of habit with the new ip address.

i only logged on once and i was wondering if this will lead me to a suspended account?

also i was wondering do i need to make a new photobucket accoutn so that i could post up the pictures onto the description directly?

please reply back to this forum or to my email address at polandfreshness@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-13-2007

Default question

i recently installed another network adapter and that is another form of a quick way to change your ip address.

BUT, i logged onto my suspended ebay account out of habit with the new ip address.

i only logged on once and i was wondering if this will lead me to a suspended account?

also i was wondering do i need to make a new photobucket accoutn so that i could post up the pictures onto the description directly?

please reply back to this forum or to my email address at polandfreshness@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-13-2007

Do you mean network card in the computer...router?
Old 09-13-2007
Banned

One login is all the systems need to link your old account to your new account through IPs.

I'm not sure how Photobucket works, but if it creates 'random' urls for you everytime you throw up a picture then you're fine. However if it uses the same domain everytime ie photobucket.com/userID/picture then create a new account.
Old 09-13-2007

i recently installed another network adapter (ethernet adapter) and that is another form of a quick way to change your ip address.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-13-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFacedBoy View Post
Do you mean network card in the computer...router?
network card, and yeah im wondering since i logged into my old suspended account with my new ip address once will that cause me to be suspended later on.
Old 09-13-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcho View Post
One login is all the systems need to link your old account to your new account through IPs.
So if someone logs into their account at a WiFi hotspot like a Starbucks and eventually gets banned every poor sucker that tries to log into their (100% legit, honest) account at that same hotspot will get booted...oh that is real fair treatment by ebay...yes they are so concerned about Trust and Safety!!!

When did Senator Joe McCarthy become president and CEO of ebay?

Funny how insurance companies like Am. Fam can get fined $50 million for redlining, but ebay can discriminate left and right and get away with it
Old 09-13-2007
Banned

I never said you'd get suspended for having only an IP link, only that there would be that link. There needs to be a specific set of evidence to link accounts, and ebay is well aware that people can share IPs due to ISPs/public internet locations/etc.
Old 09-13-2007

Default ooh alright

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcho View Post
I never said you'd get suspended for having only an IP link, only that there would be that link. There needs to be a specific set of evidence to link accounts, and ebay is well aware that people can share IPs due to ISPs/public internet locations/etc.
so you're implicating that even though i logged into my suspended account by mistake, i can make a new ebay account with that same ip address with the other completed steps and it will be fine right?

also i was wondering for payment address and for shipping address, can you put your real one?
Old 09-13-2007

Default ip address

thanks a lot, usually even when i get suspended it usually takes about a couple of months for me to get suspended, so i guess i'l wait it out.
Old 09-27-2007
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 99%

On your router just change your mac address. Get a new ip like that
Old 09-27-2007
jm3262

Longevity: 0%

HI- Can you explain how to do that? I have Comcast Cable DSL if that matters?
Thanks Bunches!
Old 09-29-2007

Send a message via MSN to ebook767360
Default i just this ip changer from ebay hope it helps

i giving away this item for free..

this ip changer works, it provides a different masked ip from different countries. everytime u loggin. im currently using a router to connect.
im not sure if it works.

Tor: Scarica

i am currently using mozilla firefox to surf.
and i checked my ip using What Is My IP Address? - Lookup IP, Hide IP, Change IP, Trace IP and more... and it gives me a different ip everytime.
Old 10-01-2007

Send a message via MSN to ebook767360
Default 2 ip address

im using wireless router to surf. i tried run, cmd and ipconfig and the ip for shown is example 192.168.0.333 . however when i use What Is My IP Address? - Lookup IP, Hide IP, Change IP, Trace IP and more... to check my ip is 202.XXX.1X3.192 which is my ip under WAN settings. Which ip does ebay use to track? should i change both my ips . if i want multiple ips fast is AOL the only solution ? pls advise.
Old 10-06-2007

ebook767360:

go to cmd do an ipconfig/all there you will see the different versions of your ip.

also try ipconfig/? or ipconfig/help (depends on your system) this will show you all the different commands you can do through msdos (or whatever) system.
Old 10-10-2007

Longevity: 98%
Default Can't shake my old IP!!

I don't know what to do guys, hopefully someone can help...
I can't seem to get rid of this IP address no matter what I do. I went and swapped for a new modem today which is suppose to get a new mac address then new IP, but still no luck. I did download AOL but my IP has remained the same; what else is there? Should I invest in one of these IP address blocking programs? Or is that opening up a whole new can of worms?
Old 10-10-2007
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 99%

Okay for your aol ip it drove me nuts. I installed windows about 4 or 5 times wondering why it gave me my same ip and they were all different windows...dont ask why I sometimes go to the extreme. The answer to that is pretty simple. Make sure when you install it it goes into its default directory. Like C:/programfiles/aol9.0 if its not and somewere else youll get ur ip. This should work. Idk about the ip part, i use a router and im still a bit new to that.
Old 10-10-2007

Longevity: 98%

Well I guess I'll just try leaving the modem unplugged overnight and see what happens.