multiple ip's at the same time / multiple EBAY accounts - Page 9 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts

Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts General discussions on multiple eBay & PayPal accounts, VMs, user accounts, shipping and more.

Old 03-15-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%

Dolly:
HI, I personally have many so i can keep track of dif accts, i keep post its on the monitor, so i know what accts im selling what category on, and that ip..

__u see, when once a power seller with over 1200 store listings, and running 200-300 auctions/week,, NOW-- as a "newbie" u cant get away with all that-so to not let your inventory sit--u must improvise..
+++ I am not a very pc saavy person, if one goes down, i got spares, ++ i have lots of kids who like club penguin, webkins,etc..

Old 03-15-2008

Longevity: 93%

lol, what is club penguin and webkins.
I do think that probably would be easier if you've got the room, its doin my head in already having to keep on switching the modem on and off to change ip's, no im not a pc saavy person neither, lol, actually im absolutely hopeless i havent got a clue about them.
Old 03-24-2008

Longevity: 94%
Default How to successfully manage 2 accounts from 1 pc?

Okay, so I have one account that is somebody else, and I'm doing very well on it, and would like to keep selling my branded goods on that for as long as possible.

However, I want to kick start my new ebay account which I setup and linked to a verified PP about a month ago. But, if I change my IP between switching accounts on my PC, will it flag both accounts that each time, I'l have a new IP address?
Old 03-24-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Smile Doesn't it Work thus way?

mantis, I think that everyone in the UK or anywhere else would have problems. Think of everybody that uses an IP. If you are running ccleaner, deleting cookies and doing all that you must do, then you can surely use the same IP?

***note to self: don't forgot to give the right answer next time***
Old 03-24-2008

I use ccleaner to delete my cookies, but with my router, everytime I unplug it and then plug it back in, it changes the IP. The longer you leave it unplugged, the more different the IP gets.

So I would like a way of keeping the same IP for one account, but it doesn't seem possible unless I have 2 phone connections, and 2 routers.
Old 03-24-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Exclamation maybe this?

mantis, a thread by imjustme and posts by powerbid suggest answers.

this thread is called How I organize my ebay accounts.
Old 03-24-2008

i change between 3 account on 1 computer. each time i do ccleaner and a ip change. i have been doing this for over 2 months and no suspensions so far. i would love to be able to obtain the same ip for each account, but my comcast router will not let me. so i have to get a new ip each time i log out of an account.
Old 03-27-2008

Default Multiple Accounts Question

I tried to search first but could not find my answer so I apologize in advance if this has been spoken about.

I have my friends account that I started using after I got suspended. I got a new router, cleaned cookies, CCClean, Firefox and the rest. It has been working fine for me for several weeks now. It was an old account so I think I am ok.

Question is this: About the time that I thought I was not going to be able to use her account, I bought an Ebay account. I have listed some stuff on there from the library. Can I use my home PC for that second account without compromising my first account if I buy a second router and just clean cookies, Firefox and use the different router just for that second account?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-27-2008

Default More than 1 account with eBay question

Say I start 4 accounts with ebay. Now correct me if I am wrong please. I have to sign in with each account with a different IP address by checking with myIPaddress.com: What is my IP address? How do I find my IP address? everytime and make sure I do not get crossed up correct? I have a DSL modem and all I need to do is unplug it and it gives me a new IP address, sometimes not close to home and several states away. Now, it does not matter what IP address I sign into ebay with, just so it is not a duplicate of one I have signed it with another one correct? Please help me out. I think I have it straight but just want to make sure. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-27-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Yes you got it right for the most part. Also to add the IP address should be within 50-100 miles from your actual location though. Good luck.
Old 03-27-2008

Default how

Is there a specific way to do that? It worked before. I live in ohio and now I am getting some IP from washington DC where before it was Akron Ohio, just 20 miles away.
Old 03-27-2008

Default how again

I also get an IP in California. Also, when I do IP config, it is always the same because I have a router, but my ip address is different according to the ipaddress website. Is this ok or is it trackable? Thanks again. I bought the manual as well and it is very helpful.
Old 03-28-2008
Administrator

As long as your Ip is changed and cookies deleted between accounts you're fine.
Old 03-28-2008

Longevity: 98%

You should also use different Paypal accounts if you are using Paypal.
Old 03-28-2008

Default Thanks

Thanks! I will make sure the IP changes when I get the second router. The only thing I was worried about was using the same PC even though I will clean it and get different IP between accounts. There is so much talk about MAC address and all that I was not sure if they could tell it was the same PC even though different IP and cleaned cookies.

I am using a totally different Paypal with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name (same name as the ebay account).
Old 03-28-2008

you can use the same computer for as many accounts as you like. just be sure to do ccleaner and ip change in between in each account. and like stepijunk said a different paypal account for each ebay account. just take lots of notes for each account, and take your time and be careful.
Old 03-28-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
Thanks! I will make sure the IP changes when I get the second router. The only thing I was worried about was using the same PC even though I will clean it and get different IP between accounts. There is so much talk about MAC address and all that I was not sure if they could tell it was the same PC even though different IP and cleaned cookies.

I am using a totally different Paypal with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name (same name as the ebay account).

Don't worry about the Mac address, eBay and Paypal aren't using it to link your accounts. Just worry about the IP and cookies.
Old 03-29-2008

Ok, thanks. I guess i am just nervous about using the same PC for both but I guess if two different routers can give me two different IP's then I will be ok.
Old 03-29-2008

make sure your ip is diff. then delete your cookies.....etc.
then you should be perfectly fine.

goodluck
Old 04-02-2008

Default address to enter for multiple EBAY accounts

hi guys,

im in the process of getting an ebay account setup along with some backup accounts, however i have many of the processes down pat, BUT i still have trouble understanding one of the processes.

what address do i use for both ebay and paypal ? i know they should be the same however, if i have multiple accounts what address do i use ?

can they be totally ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ? or can it be a neighbours house ? or even something random from my local area ?

thanks in advance.
Old 04-02-2008

i use PO BOXs from the post office.
Old 04-02-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by twdell View Post
i use PO BOXs from the post office.
Do you purchase multiple PO Boxes?? That can get quite costly, no?

And let me throw this one out there - I have had a box from the UPS Store (I've preferred this because it looks like an actual address, as opposed to a PO Box), but this address I can no longer utilize - it was recently on a banned Ebay and PP account. However, I do have the box until the end of the year. Should I inquire from the UPS Store to switch it to a different box number?? Not even sure if they would allow that, but if so, would this be a good option? I mean, would Ebay and/or PP see this as the same address or a new one? I guess it would be like someone in an apartment building - they might have the same address, but they would have different apartment numbers.