US Customs seized package sent with DHL - Page 6 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 07-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

You just need to ignore it and you won't provide any proof of legal for the dvds ,so it is better to spend more time on other deals
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-15-2010

Longevity: 84%

Yeah if all you ever order is dvds your gonna run into problems, its good to find a large variety of products and sellers, ecspecially if you find a good nonbranded product, that'll clear every time unless there's some other issue but you'll be able to deal with it since there's no trademark involved.
Old 07-15-2010

Longevity: 83%

ya listen to teedon dont do anything dont say nothing, and for goodness sakes quit calling them lol let it go chalk it up and find another addy.

did i say dont do anything? if i didnt dont do anything!!!
Old 07-15-2010

Longevity: 80%

does anyone know how to use mail forwarding with companies like MyUS com, I use to ship to pennsy before not a single packge seized by customs on New York I did it for a whole year.
Old 07-16-2010

Longevity: 87%

I've gotten 2 of those letters.. Even though you get those, you will still be able to receive your items. I'm still getting packages today.
Old 07-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBayMafia View Post
DHL works in cooperation with U.S. Customs. People often forget that the Senders are often flagged as people/businesses that distribute goods to the U.S. that have once been identified as counterfeit. This information is saved into their database, and packages being sent from a flagged location have a much higher chance of being opened up.

If a seller from China is selling counterfeit DVD's, and has had their packages once seized while in route to a totally different address, there's a good chance future ones will too.

You think they are going to do anything to change their address once the carrier comes to pick up the items? Probably not.

Earlier in this thread I made a Post that mentioned a "Trusted Supplier" among other things and how THEY are the key.

A trusted supplier selling VERO, NEVER has a Pickup at his Location, do you think they are going to inform the authorities as to where they can find them? Smart Supliers send their goods directly to the Dhl office, UPS Depot, Post office or whereever and ships items using Stealth Names/Addresses to Avoid what you are talking about. New or Not to Savy sellers make these mistakes and Burn for them.

The Old saying goes: Burn,,,,, you'll Learn"

So it is ALWAYS best to find a Trusted Seller who has been Burn't once or Twice, He has a Better idea of how Not to get Burn't.

And if he Don't get burn't,,,Neither will you.

Last edited by slapped; 07-17-2010 at 02:17 AM.
Old 07-17-2010

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
Earlier in this thread I made a Post that mentioned a "Trusted Supplier" among other things and how THEY are the key.

A trusted supplier selling VERO, NEVER has a Pickup at his Location, do you think they are going to inform the authorities as to where they can find them? Smart Supliers send their goods directly to the Dhl office, UPS Depot, Post office or whereever and ships items using Stealth Names/Addresses to Avoid what you are talking about. New or Not to Savy sellers make these mistakes and Burn for them.

The Old saying goes: Burn,,,,, you'll Learn"

So it is ALWAYS best to find a Trusted Seller who has been Burn't once or Twice, He has a Better idea of how Not to get Burn't.

And if he Don't get burn't,,,Neither will you.
Actually the seller I used has over 5000+ feedback. His name has been said many a times on this forum. He is in China but has DVD's shipped from Hong Kong.

This is the first experience I've had where first shipment and second re-shipment of same order has been seized at DHL location in Los Angeles. I'm sure he's using stealth accounts but it is uncanny how both were seized going to different addresses (one brand new). Maybe new implementing system at Customs that now tracks all Hong Kong packages that are now opened and inspected?
Old 07-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recherché View Post
Actually the seller I used has over 5000+ feedback. His name has been said many a times on this forum. He is in China but has DVD's shipped from Hong Kong.

This is the first experience I've had where first shipment and second re-shipment of same order has been seized at DHL location in Los Angeles. I'm sure he's using stealth accounts but it is uncanny how both were seized going to different addresses (one brand new). Maybe new implementing system at Customs that now tracks all Hong Kong packages that are now opened and inspected?
I doubt that they can inspect every package from Hong Kong. This COULD just be bad luck, although maybe, as you say, there is more to it than that.

But anything we can come up with would just be speculation.
Old 07-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

No Matter what New system Customs may implement, "Sharp" Chinese exporters will come up with a "Workaround" at some point, their Continued success depends on it.
The Following User Says Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
jeffweico (07-17-2010)
Old 07-18-2010

Longevity: 89%

As i said months back .. the goal with CUSTOMS is the same with Ebay ..they cant get everybody but they can get more .. the more and more difficult it becomes the more people get frustrated and quit just like ebay you keep losing accounts and you give up .. I have been following ebay for 11 years and used to order my Lots right from ebay sellers didnt even need to bother with trying to find a overseas supplier ..i havent seen a 'LOT of what i sold in 2 years ..when there used to be 1000's than there was 100's now 0.....Smart chinese sellers can only do what they can do --- they used to depend on ebay -now no way around it ,,, i think it will just get to the point where you lose about 15-40% of packages and chinese sellers will take your money and start up with new name /acct etc ....its not get better as technology evolves .
Old 07-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

How is customs in other countries like Canada?
Old 07-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Different Countries, Different Rules, Some are harder, Some are easier.
Canada I have heard from Many members here is Just as tough as the US, ask Burning for more insight into this.
Old 07-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Different Countries, Different Rules, Some are harder, Some are easier.
Canada I have heard from Many members here is Just as tough as the US, ask Burning for more insight into this.
Actually I would have to say that Canada customs are more "light." I never got an item seized before but I've heard of people who have gotten them seized. Canada customs are not as strict as USA, there are TONS of flea markets selling counterfeit goods. I could walk a couple blocks and purchase fkes. VERY few times flea markets are raided, there mostly done to please the media and other large corporations. You can google, "Pacific Mall," and you will see what I'm taking about. For most of you who do not know what pacific mall is, it's a HUGE Chinese mall infested with counterfeits and bootleg dvd's. Every corner of the mall you go, you will see fkes. Not kidding or joking around here. There have been police busts ever other year but usually action is taken very slowly. The police usually don't give a crap, I sometimes see police officers purchasing bootleg dvds sometimes.

On the other hand, I used to live near a mall and there was a shop selling fke shoes. I've purchased a couple of pairs myself for personal use. It's been about 7 years and the same EXACT store is still OPEN! I wouldn't be surprised, there are tons of shops selling fkes.

Canada is mainly a puppet, they usually follow USA in regards to political issues. DMCA was first started in the USA but it was slowly adapted into Canada even though many people resented the idea of DMCA.

”I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.”
Winston Churchill

“If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
Winston Churchill

Last edited by Burning; 07-18-2010 at 09:54 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Burning For This Useful Post:
Recherché (07-19-2010), slapped (07-18-2010)
Old 07-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

So in theory a chinese importer could base his shipping from Canada to the US with less of a problem then directly... Can you forward mail from Canada to the US? Maybe tell china to ship it to Canadian address, then all your product can be forwarded to the US. Maybe the Canadian Customs stickers saying 'ok' will make it a safer shipment.
Old 07-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

It Might be safer, Simply Because Shipments from China are Much More Closely Scrutinized than shipments from Canada, However there is VASTLY More Shipments Comming in from China. One thing is certain It will Cost A LOT More to get those Items, One thing I have Heard from Many People about Canada they Do More to collect their Import Taxes than is done here in th US. I am Not sure if it will be worth it.
Old 07-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
It Might be safer, Simply Because Shipments from China are Much More Closely Scrutinized than shipments from Canada, However there is VASTLY More Shipments Comming in from China. One thing is certain It will Cost A LOT More to get those Items, One thing I have Heard from Many People about Canada they Do More to collect their Import Taxes than is done here in th US. I am Not sure if it will be worth it.
Ah, yes. I forgot to mention it to you.

Yep, WELCOME TO CANADA! You need to pay import tax on ANY shipment worth more than $20. Depending on the province you send the item to, you will need to pay 14% tax upon delivery. Don't act stupid and mark a 21 kg package at $20...

Thats all I'm going to say on my behalf, I'm sure most of you get the message when declaring the value of the package.

On the other note, there is no point in shipping packages from Canada then to USA as customs may check the package again. Any time when an item is going from one country or another, they may check the contents of the package. There may be less scrutiny from packages coming from Canada to USA but there is nothing that stops them from opening the packages. Usually they open big packages in order to tax them on the USA side. I've had packages with items (legit items...) worth over $600 opened at customs. Like slapped mentioned in the above post, item may be SEIZED AT ANY TIME. (post #81)

It's not worth the hassle to ship items to Canada.

Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill
Old 07-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Oh, did I also forget to mention DUTIES as well on certain items...

Don't forget that certain items manufactured in China will also be charged duties. You may need to call CSBA (canada border services) and ask them if there are any duties for that certain item. I've gotten charged duties and taxes for certain items that came to me...

Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill
Old 07-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

This section should be moved to the subscribed area...

There is alot of delicate information.

Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill
Old 07-19-2010
Executive [VIP]

Can you visit the US as a Canadian and open a non-interest baring bank account in the US with no SS#?
Old 07-19-2010
Executive [VIP]

How do Canadians get with google checkout or whatever you use, with no SS#? The SIN# is it easy to get?
Old 07-19-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning View Post
We do not have SSN in Canada. It's called a sin number but I believe there are ways around getting a Canadian bank account without the sin number. I am not really sure but you should contact your bank toll free number and ask them if you are able to open an account in Canada and what you would need in order to do so. The banking laws are much more strict here, this is mainly the reason why were not in the same situation as in the USA.
Please read carefully what I asked.
Old 07-19-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
Please read carefully what I asked.
Oopps, forgot to read it clearly. There is no need for me to go to the USA to open up a USA bank account. I can simply go to a Canadian bank account and most of them offer USA bank accounts. I do not need to have an SSN in order to open one up.

Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill