Buyer wants refund otherwise police report etc - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,946 Times in 8,237 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Don`t forget to block her from future bidding - fight it hard.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Japschin View Post
She claimed that she would return package when she received it.
Ok, she bought this, then after you shipped she then cries foul? She doesnt even have it yet?

She did all of this on purpose absolutely no doubt. She is just a shoplifter. She likely buys all kinds of stuff, claims its bogus and gets a refund and keeps it. She noticed the different box and this is exactly why she bought it. Waited for shipment confirmation and then went after you

Her being a seller makes her just disgusting.

This is a very hard call. Because she is simply a thief and you can never really tell how to make her "happy". She is stealing from you, so how on earth do you fix this?

If you have sent her proof its legit and she doesnt have it but still calling it bogus, that's a tough call. Can you take the negative? If you refund the scammer there is still no guarantee she wont hit you anyway. Look at her feedback left history. If she is prone to negative anyway you may as well try and at least stop her from stealing. Wait for return. With tracking

Personally, if its 100% legit and account can take a little hit I would say screw it, make her return it. A crazy customer is one thing, a thief is another. She is not going to file a police report or call the FBI or sue or any of that nonsense. You have proof its real. She is trying to fear you into a freebie. I never like the concept of bringing someone down, but this chick needs to be hit hard....

If a neg is hard on account I guess just refund her and hope it works out. Problem with a thief is they obviously have no morals so no matter what you do it can blow up.

Usually its best to refund and move on. But if you can in this case without it being devastating on account I would stand my ground. But again, it depends on value and strength of account
Old 04-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%
Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

She might is one of your competitiors on EB,and she just set the trick to ripped you off and try to break down you and let you keep away from EB.

If not she is a scammer,she want to scare you and want the goods without paying.

For a honest buyer,there is no way to say so much to scare you before she see the goods.

If you are not do the illegit things,i donothink you have problem with police.Trust me,she will not do that,she donot want more troubles .

Just do the normal work as you did before for any dispute.
Old 04-03-2012
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
Ok, she bought this, then after you shipped she then cries foul? She doesnt even have it yet?

Her being a seller makes her just disgusting.

This is a very hard call. Because she is simply a thief and you can never really tell how to make her "happy". She is stealing from you, so how on earth do you fix this?

If you have sent her proof its legit and she doesnt have it but still calling it bogus, that's a tough call. Can you take the negative? If you refund the scammer there is still no guarantee she wont hit you anyway. Look at her feedback left history. If she is prone to negative anyway you may as well try and at least stop her from stealing. Wait for return. With tracking

Usually its best to refund and move on. But if you can in this case without it being devastating on account I would stand my ground. But again, it depends on value and strength of account
Yup, she doesn't even have it yet. She bought it on Sunday night and I shipped 2 batches out around 12pm and 3pm Monday afternoon. Hers should be the one shipped around 12pm. She came after me at 5pm Monday afternoon with the threats.

This account is impt because it's aged, before 2007, with all the returning customers. I've had so many same ppl coming back several times a year since I started selling on that account 5 years ago. It can take a neg but it is important. Her 1 neg, when it comes, won't affect much but I'm just worried about what she'll tell EB/PP. From what I know, EB is quite sensitive about '⊗⊗⊗⊗' products. From what she said, she won't just file a claim, she would call EB up and claim counterfeit to the max.

I really don't want to ruin this account. I think i'll just refund her. I just had a whole night of nightmares about her giving me tons of hassles and trouble everywhere. Usually I have no trouble dealing with these people but her, she's on a different level since she's quite an experience seller herself, her husband is a lawyer (sounds like it with her spouting those legal terms/procedures very fluently). She knows exactly what will get a seller into trouble. :>

Last edited by C.Japschin; 04-03-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old 04-03-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymax View Post
I would personally contact ebay and tell them you are "scared" or you have a "lunatic" making threats. We all know how quick reps limit or ban people. Get them on your side!

I personally would have refunded before it got so deep. Letting her feel as though she won is key to not getting the negative feedback.

Also, major thing to consider is refunding her does NOT give her the opportunity to open a case. Which in long run might be worse the negative feedback. Those we can survive and heal much faster then a 'Item Not As Described' case, which gets both pp and eb involved...
Actually, I didn't even have a chance to do anything. She threatened me full blown right after the package was sent out yesterday. Minus the 4 stressed-filled hours i just slept, it actually happened about 9 hours ago?

Guess I'll just refund her. She hasn't msged me with more threats when I didn't refund her before 12am.
Old 04-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
From what I know, EB is quite sensitive about '⊗⊗⊗⊗' products.
They are. Buyer doesn't even need proof. It is unfortunately in your best interest to let the bitch get her stolen goods. I hate people like this. Its hard to let them get away with it. But it is the big picture thats important. You are right in thinking its best to refund and move on. Sucks though.

One of these days she will do this to the wrong guy and he will go after her account

She is using her knowledge of the system to steal. And a seller no less. Disgusting human being
Old 04-03-2012
Threadstarter  

Sigh just refunded.
I hope she just keeps her mouth shut. She can get them for free + the extra $5 return postage she demanded. She made sure in her previous msg that I send her via personal payment so that she won't get PP fees. Bwardy b i t c h !!!

Blocked her from all accounts. I'll forward her id to my other friend who sells the same thing on EB so that she can't give him the same type of trouble. FHL!

Now just have to wait couple of days and see if she carries out any of her threats. FHL!
Old 04-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
She made sure in her previous msg that I send her via personal payment so that she won't get PP fees.
Woa! Thats not good. She can still file a chargeback. Never never ever refund like that by sending a payment.

EDIT: Or do you just mean the extra 5 bucks?
Old 04-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Since it's still in transit, she can refuse the package. There is no need to pay return shipping, lol.
Old 04-03-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
Woa! Thats not good. She can still file a chargeback. Never never ever refund like that by sending a payment.

EDIT: Or do you just mean the extra 5 bucks?
just the 5. I just did a regular refund on the pp transaction.
Old 04-03-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurial333 View Post
Since it's still in transit, she can refuse the package. There is no need to pay return shipping, lol.
that's what i asked her to do, to refuse the package. She refused to do so unless i have signature requirement or it's a registered mail, insisted on ' YOU PAY THE RETURN POSTAGE '
Old 04-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Should have let her open the case and you support your side - have her return it so pp can refund her - yes you may take a bit of hit but that's the risk of business.

But you refunded her so that's over.
Old 04-03-2012
Threadstarter  

I seriously don't want to refund her because I know she just wants it for free. But it's a really big hassle since I received her first threatening msg.

She does know her way around EB system, especially about claiming counterfeit products and how sensitive EB is to it. She kept threatening in every single msg, IF she has to open a claim/dispute, she'll make sure she makes a big deal out of the authenticity and get me banned etc. If EB won't ban me, she'll get her husband to send a lawyer's letter to pressurize EB.

OMG! It's a huge pita.
Old 04-03-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Play fire with fire.

Phone your local FBI office.

Speak to an agent and say you feel you are being made a victim of blackmail.
Ask if you have coverage under IC3 law.

If he says yes, ask if you can reply to her email with advise you have filed a claim against her or will he contact her over the allegations?
I followed your advice and called. I described the incident as requested.
I was told the following, "It depends on what type of blackmail it is. A few things we take in mind, the severity, the dollar value. In your case, it is only about a hundred dollars, there is no threat of bodily/property damages, there is really nothing much we could do. The best is to get a lawyer should the blackmails continue."

How true is that? Maybe I just got a lazy agent?
Old 04-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Not really lazy - it's relatively true - hundred dollars is not going to get acted upon since risk of bodily harm or damage is low - the fees of assigning a task squad to this easily outweighs the potential benefits of resolution. I can see their view - it's a loser view but cost effective in its own right.
Old 04-03-2012
Threadstarter  

At least I got some basic information so that I could deal with similar (I hope i never have to ever again) cases, as long as I don't get people as crazy as her.
Hopefully she doesn't tell all her family and friends that they could purchase from me and do the same thing.
I've never ever done such stuffs to people so that I can just get things for free and I won't ever. Maybe that's why this pita buyer can afford to live in a $1mil house and I couldn't. :>
Old 04-03-2012

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Sigh just refunded.
I hope she just keeps her mouth shut. She can get them for free + the extra $5 return postage she demanded. She made sure in her previous msg that I send her via personal payment so that she won't get PP fees. Bwardy b i t c h !!!

Blocked her from all accounts. I'll forward her id to my other friend who sells the same thing on EB so that she can't give him the same type of trouble. FHL!

Now just have to wait couple of days and see if she carries out any of her threats. FHL!
You should have stand your ground on this one. The account is aged enough that her claim shouldnt matter. You never know what crazy buyer will do. Also blocking her knowning how easy it is to get back on ebay as a buyer is same as not banning her at all. That may also get her upset and causes her to do what you dont want which is tell other ppl.

You knew your item is legit i can see why you did refund her but you shouldnt have.

Keep us updated
The Following User Says Thank You to Gamefreak For This Useful Post:
Sneakee (04-03-2012)
Old 04-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 76%

Ballsy for a user to act like this from a TRS account... I mean you could easily get that person by the Cojones too... I mean if they started all this crap before they even received the product then you can only assume this was their intention all along. I would call that malicious.

This user who is blackmailing you is either very bold, ignorant, or just plain stupid. I mean aren't they afraid you could start making buyer accounts and leave tons of negative feedbacks for them? Or aren't they scared you could make a bunch of buyer accounts and just start reporting their auctions for whatever reason...
The Following User Says Thank You to biggunn For This Useful Post:
SUVE (04-14-2012)
Old 04-03-2012

Longevity: 75%

hey this is a really crappy situation and i'm sorry to hear that you had to receive such a threatening letter OP, i would recommend the same thing that other users have recommended which is to stand your ground with paypal. Tell them you've got plenty of repeat customers and you can fax them authenticity certificates if that's what they want. Tell them you don't appreciate being harassed by another seller and that this could potentially hurt your selling reputation when this buyer leaves a negative feedback.
Old 04-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Man what a Bitch,,,

From where I sit the solution was simple,,as Long as the Item was legit, and it could be proven as such,,and as long as the complaint E-mail was sent BEFORE her product could have possibly arrived,,all you have to do is get in touch with Ebay,,Explain the Whole thing,,Provide as Much proof as they require,,you can even tell them that you made a Mistake by refunding (You were nervous, and clicked the wrong Button)

Believe me, Ebay guards sellers againse fraud too,,,Now more than ever,,it is pretty common Knowledge that Ebays Lunch is being Eaten by Amazon,,so they are now protecting their Buyers and SELLERS,,,try it,,you will be surprised at the results,,,what the worst that can happen,,,you have already lost BOTH the Item and the Money,,You will not lose your account,,and if you do,,SO What,,Make another,,

You should make a FEW more accounts anyway so you can do unto her as she did unto you,,Even the BIBLE encourages that tactic,,,
Old 04-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Time to get some polo shirts. lol
Old 04-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunn View Post
Ballsy for a user to act like this from a TRS account... I mean you could easily get that person by the Cojones too... I mean if they started all this crap before they even received the product then you can only assume this was their intention all along. I would call that malicious.

This user who is blackmailing you is either very bold, ignorant, or just plain stupid. I mean aren't they afraid you could start making buyer accounts and leave tons of negative feedbacks for them? Or aren't they scared you could make a bunch of buyer accounts and just start reporting their auctions for whatever reason...

I think they bank on the fact that most people will panic and issue a refund immediately. Exactly what the OP has done here

I agree she is extremely stupid for playing with her seller account like this. One nasty experienced seller would have her seller account filled with negs and possibly NARU'ed in a few months.
The Following User Says Thank You to mercurial333 For This Useful Post:
biggunn (04-03-2012)
Closed Thread