Buyer wants refund otherwise police report etc - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 71%
Default Buyer wants refund otherwise police report etc

I always meet the worst type of buyers.

Today at 5pm, I received a message from a buyer who bought ($120) Sunday night. She claimed that I am selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ products because the packaging is different. In my EB listing, I stated very clearly that the packaging is different and even had BIG pictures to show it and I have manufacturer's certificates for all the products I carry.

I offered her full refund when she returns the product, unopened/unused.

She refused to. She wants her $120 refunded immediately + returned postage. She claimed that she would return package when she received it.

She threatened: "If you don't refund me immediately, this is what I will do: I will file a dispute with EB. YOU DON'T WANT ME TO DO THAT BECAUSE I will also file a police report against you for counterfeit products. I will also send your ⊗⊗⊗⊗ product to the USA branch and lodge complaint against you with ALL related government agencies. YOU WILL BE FINED/JAIL OR BOTH! YOU DON'T WANT TO MESS WITH ME! OH, don't bother to send me the 'cancel transaction' agreement. I'm not going to agree to it. You WILL pay the fees!"

Do I really have to refund her IMMEDIATELY? The package was just sent out today, she won't get it till latest by Wednesday. There's no guarantee that she is going to return me my product after I refund here + extra and also no guarantee that she won't go crazy on me and do what she threatened even after getting the money.

Again, like my previous problematic buyer, this pita buyer is a TSR with 10k feedback.
Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by C.Japschin; 04-02-2012 at 09:45 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-02-2012

Longevity: 87%

if you are 100% sure your products are not ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and you are carring the manufacturer's cert, i think you should fight against her on Paypal.
Old 04-02-2012
Threadstarter  

I'm 100% sure because the distributor has been with the manufacturer for more than a decade and I'm always provided with all the certs.
I don't really give a hoot about refunding her. I can refund her immediately.
The thing I care about is her carrying out those threats even when she got the money. I don't want EB/PP to hold anything against me because this account I'm using is very established. Tons of repeated customers. I don't know what repercussions are there if she really send part of the product to the US branch and related govt agencies. Even though I have parent company's certs, the US branch has a habit of claiming differently packaged products to be ⊗⊗⊗⊗ to protect its market.
Old 04-02-2012

Longevity: 80%

pl do this crap all the time. I have ppl tellingf me they will contact US border protection on me because I dont refind them. Its all about getting free items for some ppl and the best way is when they say they will bring in the authorities.

If you know your stuff is not sh!t dont worry about it. How can she tell you what you are selling without even receiving it first. its total bs I tell you

Also ppl like this are the ones u want to file claim againts you. You have written proof that shes trying to scam you before she even received the item!

Ebay, paypal, and amazon aloike are getting more on buyers cases about their scams I wouldnt worry
Old 04-02-2012
Threadstarter  

It just pisses me off that she's a TSR with 10k feedback and she does such crap to other sellers.
She already made it clear that she would get me into all sorts of trouble, sue me as her husband is a lawyer, send lawyer's letter to US branch office and related govt agencies to come after me for selling product in different packaging, hence ⊗⊗⊗⊗.
She even wants me to send her $5 for return postage when it only cost $2.50 to send the package.
FHL!
I doubt EB would get on her case because of her stats.
Old 04-02-2012
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts

If the item is not overly expensive just refund them and move on.

I dont have time to deal with scam buyers.

Now, if it is an expensive item I always tell them I will gladly refund you if you pay for the return shipping per my listing. Usually dont hear from them again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
newjerseymax (04-03-2012)
Old 04-02-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

I think the damage is already done or will be done soon ( negative feedback, report to ebay, claim, etc. )

First provide him with return address and instructions, if not satisfied with the merchandise. After that, best to ignore these lunatics. The more you ignore, the harder they try.
Old 04-03-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
If the item is not overly expensive just refund them and move on.

I dont have time to deal with scam buyers.

Now, if it is an expensive item I always tell them I will gladly refund you if you pay for the return shipping per my listing. Usually dont hear from them again.
Cost is about $100.
She refused to pay for return shipping. For the last 5 hours, I've been bombarded with threats and more threats.
As a TSR with 10k feedbacks, she knows how EB/PP works. The way she threatened to do it, EB/PP would definitely give me problems even though I have certs from manufacturer.
Old 04-03-2012

she is ****ing crazy bitch, you even listed the item with all the pictures shown on the listing. What make she thinks that the item is ⊗⊗⊗⊗? Only because of the package is different? I will ****ing play with her if I am you. Is she seller or buyer? What is ur refund policy listed on the description?
Old 04-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Play fire with fire.

Phone your local FBI office.

Speak to an agent and say you feel you are being made a victim of blackmail.
Ask if you have coverage under IC3 law.

If he says yes, ask if you can reply to her email with advise you have filed a claim against her or will he contact her over the allegations?
Old 04-03-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurial333 View Post
I think the damage is already done or will be done soon ( negative feedback, report to ebay, claim, etc. )

First provide him with return address and instructions, if not satisfied with the merchandise. After that, best to ignore these lunatics. The more you ignore, the harder they try.
Given her the instructions, return address etc (Package not even there yet).
She basically stated she doesn't give a sh*t. She wants full refund + excess return postage send to her before 12am PST.

Man, maybe i should just save the damn headaches and just give her what she wants. I only want my product back.
Old 04-03-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyboyz View Post
she is ****ing crazy bitch, you even listed the item with all the pictures shown on the listing. What make she thinks that the item is ⊗⊗⊗⊗? Only because of the package is different? I will ****ing play with her if I am you. Is she seller or buyer? What is ur refund policy listed on the description?

She's a buyer but at the same time she's a top rated seller with 10k feedbacks. She's selling golf clubs to ipod skins.

Ya, she said different packaging, so ⊗⊗⊗⊗ as "US branch office says different packaging products are ⊗⊗⊗⊗".

Basically, US branch office always say that to protect their market share. I've asked my distributor so many times and he told me that a lot of the manufacturer's authorized distributor already complained a lot of times about what US branch ⊗⊗⊗⊗ claims but the US market is one of the manufacturer's biggest market, hence, manufacturer doesn't really do anything about it.

My refund policy: 14 days money back, full refund given for unused products. (Did I do something wrong with the refund policy?)

Last edited by C.Japschin; 04-03-2012 at 12:19 AM.
Old 04-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I would take GreenBean's advice. Since you are 100% sure of the legitimacy of your products, why let her get away with it? Her only real leverage against you is if the product is a ⊗⊗⊗⊗, which it is not.
Old 04-03-2012
Threadstarter  

Authentic, 100% sure. Calling the manufacturer with the serial numbers will confirm it. Only difference is the packaging. US packaging is slightly different (picture on box).
I'm going to try what Greenbean suggested. I never knew that local FBI might be able to help, especially when dollar value is not much.

She hasn't left any fb yet. But I'm quite positive that if she does, she's gonna claim ⊗⊗⊗⊗, illegal, not as described etc etc. Meh...I have 5.0 for item as described. Feedbacks left by ppl also said exactly as described.
I don't know how can people not read or even look at picture(s), when buyers' remorse hit, go full blown at others to make up for it.

If she wins the case.......think she'll be the first I ever want to use stealth accounts on. FHL!
Old 04-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

T'internet has strict rules of behavior.

Read carefully my advice.
Old 04-03-2012

Longevity: 82%

If it's legit and you have all the proof why don't you just tell her to go through with it, take it to the authorities and tell her to sue you? I mean once they tell her it's authentic she's gonna look pretty damn stupid. During that time you still have the money and once she finds out it's real you can just keep that money.

I don't know though $100 is not worth the trouble, **** past 2 weeks I gave a $77 and $83 refund and just told them to keep it because I didn't even want to e-mail them my real return address.

Bad business practices I know :/, I'm still way far into the green though so it's no biggie. Plus you bet your ass I got positive feedback.

-Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to jamblix For This Useful Post:
newjerseymax (04-03-2012)
Old 04-03-2012
Threadstarter  

Oh, I forgot, i did state Buyer pays for return shipping postage. Hmmm, I should change to refund only if damaged/wrong item shipped. Previously I only refund if item returned within 7 days. I just changed it to 14 days a couple of days ago after EB rep called me early last week. Some business analysis dept called, 'praised' me for having great DSR etc before saying "We want you to offer 14 days money back instead of 7 days. This will be our new policy." I didn't even know EB biz analysis dept will call sellers to say that.

She only wants full refund and about double the actual shipping fee. She doesn't want the item at all.
Like I mentioned in an earlier post, she wants her refund by 12am PST, that's like 30mins away. I'm just gonna go zzzzzz, follow Greenbean's advice.
That rotten skank should get the package tomorrow. Quite sure it's gonna be busy, hostile when I wake up since she hasn't gotten her refund.
Old 04-03-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamblix View Post
If it's legit and you have all the proof why don't you just tell her to go through with it, take it to the authorities and tell her to sue you? I mean once they tell her it's authentic she's gonna look pretty damn stupid. During that time you still have the money and once she finds out it's real you can just keep that money.

I don't know though $100 is not worth the trouble, **** past 2 weeks I gave a $77 and $83 refund and just told them to keep it because I didn't even want to e-mail them my real return address.

Bad business practices I know :/, I'm still way far into the green though so it's no biggie. Plus you bet your ass I got positive feedback.
It's $120 total. Not really a big amt to warrant the hassle but I really hate such people, making threats, threats and more threats.

She knows it's real because I've already emailed her the certs from the manufacturer. She is still sticking to it that the product is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and continues to threaten.

I definitely can refund her and let her keep the item. Only thing I'm concern with is she giving me extra trouble and hassle by being vindictive and carrying out the threats even when she got her money back. She sounded like those people through the msgs. I'm very busy right now with school, EB, not to mention recovering from pneumonia.
Old 04-03-2012

Longevity: 82%

I totally get it, screw her!

-Albert Einstein
Old 04-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Bit toughie! It depends on how much you earn and how much account is worthy to you...

I would personally contact ebay and tell them you are "scared" or you have a "lunatic" making threats. We all know how quick reps limit or ban people. Get them on your side!

I personally would have refunded before it got so deep. Letting her feel as though she won is key to not getting the negative feedback.

Also, major thing to consider is refunding her does NOT give her the opportunity to open a case. Which in long run might be worse the negative feedback. Those we can survive and heal much faster then a 'Item Not As Described' case, which gets both pp and eb involved...

Some things to think about
Old 04-03-2012

Good luck man! Please Keep us updated
Old 04-03-2012
MU

What is the us branch?
Closed Thread