@#$%!!!! Professional Buyer...FTL - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 02-25-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%

Terrible news this, I hope you get it sorted....Im sure you will, you said in your opening post that you got a video, I presume for the return package??

If so surely ebay will give this one to you, I cant see how they cant?????

Good luck with it anyway and do let us all know how it goes.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-25-2013
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 66%

Yes, video of the return package being opened. I could tell it wasnt the item due to the weight of the package. Sure enough, I was correct.
Old 02-25-2013

Longevity: 80%

Why would you even use USPS for something that expensive.. First off UPS would have shipped to a po box is the address was a PO box...

Pro scammer right here or they bought from you and saw how you did things and found you to be an easy target
Old 02-25-2013

Is the case still escalated? If so the clock is ticking.... Once they close the case its a done deal. You need to get moving. DO NOT WAIT for the case manager or whatever the hell the person is called. THEY WILL NEVER CALL YOU.

On ebay get the buyers contact info. That will have more info on the person. Get the phone number. Call the phone number see who answers or if it is a wrong number. If he put phony contact info it will help eb decide in your favor.

You need to get a police report. Take your laptop - show them the video. Bring all the evidence - the boxes, everything. Show them the weight of what you sent and the weight of what you received. Show them the address forwarded. Show them everything you can think of ... the paypal invoice, etc.

Once you get the report, call eb back during business hours 9-5 PST. Tell them you have a case of fraud and you are holding a police report in your hand. If the person sounds like they are giving you the run-around, insist you want a manager. If they stone-wall, hang up and call again until you get a real person from T&S or a CS manager.

You can win this but you have to take action now. If you leave it up to the whim of a case manager sitting in Pakistan you are going to get burned.

Last edited by zoneout; 02-25-2013 at 09:38 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zoneout For This Useful Post:
Bunneh (02-26-2013), crocus (02-25-2013), GreenBean (02-25-2013)
Old 02-25-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoneout View Post
Is the case still escalated? If so the clock is ticking.... Once they close the case its a done deal. You need to get moving. DO NOT WAIT for the case manager or whatever the hell the person is called. THEY WILL NEVER CALL YOU.

On ebay get the buyers contact info. That will have more info on the person. Get the phone number. Call the phone number see who answers or if it is a wrong number. If he put phony contact info it will help eb decide in your favor.

You need to get a police report. Take your laptop - show them the video. Bring all the evidence - the boxes, everything. Show them the weight of what you sent and the weight of what you received. Show them the address forwarded. Show them everything you can think of ... the paypal invoice, etc.

Once you get the report, call eb back during business hours 9-5 PST. Tell them you have a case of fraud and you are holding a police report in your hand. If the person sounds like they are giving you the run-around, insist you want a manager. If they stone-wall, hang up and call again until you get a real person from T&S or a CS manager.

You can win this but you have to take action now. If you leave it up to the whim of a case manager sitting in Pakistan you are going to get burned.
Case was escalated, ebay said they ruled in favor of the buyer and told him to send the item back. Right now theres an option on the case that says "issue refund" and under it it says if I issue refund then the case wont count against me. Thats bs because it already HAS counted in my seller dashboard. Case shows as "awaiting delivery".

I will file a police report in the morning at the local police station...and report this to post inspector tonight online. I already have the guys info...seems mod deleted it already after you posted it. His PO box was on his return label. The physical address is what I sent the item to.
Old 02-25-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
Why would you even use USPS for something that expensive.. First off UPS would have shipped to a po box is the address was a PO box...

Pro scammer right here or they bought from you and saw how you did things and found you to be an easy target
Even if it went UPS it wouldnt have mattered. He didnt open a not received case he opened SNAD.
Old 02-25-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost View Post
I will file a police report in the morning at the local police station...and report this to post inspector tonight online. I already have the guys info...seems mod deleted it already after you posted it. His PO box was on his return label. The physical address is what I sent the item to.
Can not quite understand why you are not storming the gates of Hell to file reports.

Time is ticking. 1599 good reasons should see you busting your chops. Dont let other bad things with ebay prevent trying.
Old 02-25-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Can not quite understand why you are not storming the gates of Hell to file reports.

Time is ticking. 1599 good reasons should see you busting your chops. Dont let other bad things with ebay prevent trying.
Because the police department hours are 8am - 5pm...am I going to stand outside their door until they open tomorrow morning?
Old 02-25-2013
Executive [VIP]

Sure thing.

Get a sleeping a bag & go wait.

Geeze..... usual to have longer opening hours for the police.
Old 02-25-2013
Threadstarter  

Police here in my area are........

Well I went ahead and just filed a report online. I now have a temporary case number and will get the finalized report and case number "within 5 days" apparently.

Will give ebay a call in the morning with this info.
The Following User Says Thank You to boost For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (02-25-2013)
Old 02-25-2013
Executive [VIP]

Alright.

Start the fight.

Old 02-25-2013

Quote:
Case was escalated, ebay said they ruled in favor of the buyer and told him to send the item back. Right now theres an option on the case that says "issue refund" and under it it says if I issue refund then the case wont count against me. Thats bs because it already HAS counted in my seller dashboard. Case shows as "awaiting delivery".

Right, Slim Jim is correct. He uses the PO Box as his mailing address and forwards all the mail there from his physical address.

I would recommend phoning the PD first. Explain your issue. Ask them if they prefer to send a squad car over to your place or for you to go to the station. Its usually actually easier for them to send a car over to get the info than tie up the front desk. If you live near a donut shop - so much the better.

Last edited by zoneout; 02-25-2013 at 11:20 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to zoneout For This Useful Post:
GreenGhost (02-26-2013)
Old 02-25-2013

OK, saw that you were able to file a case online... very nice. That 5 days might be a problem if ebay wants you to fax over the report but sometimes they are OK with getting a case # first. If they insist you fax it just head down to the PD with a dozen DDs... you`ll get the report pronto.
GreenGhost (02-26-2013)
Old 02-25-2013
Threadstarter  

Yea online it says they will send a PDF of the finalized report and case number and if they need more info they will contact me.

I have the print out though of what I filed along with the temporary case number, so if ebay wants that I can shoot that over as well in the meantime.

Will file IC3 report and see if it lets me print anything out as well. I have already filed with post investigator website. So tomorrow I shall call ebay again and hopefully get to the right people regarding this. I believe it is actually the buyer protection department I need to speak with, not Trust and Safety, as this "Alex H." is assigned to handle the case and he is in the "high claims department" according to the 2 people I spoke with tonight.
Old 02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post

Geeze..... usual to have longer opening hours for the police.
Wow, sounds like Mayberry RFD. Say hey to Andy, Barney, and Gomer.

Last edited by zoneout; 02-25-2013 at 11:42 PM.
GreenGhost (02-26-2013)
Old 02-25-2013

Quote:
Yea online it says they will send a PDF of the finalized report and case number and if they need more info they will contact me.

I have the print out though of what I filed along with the temporary case number, so if ebay wants that I can shoot that over as well in the meantime.

Will file IC3 report and see if it lets me print anything out as well. I have already filed with post investigator website. So tomorrow I shall call ebay again and hopefully get to the right people regarding this. I believe it is actually the buyer protection department I need to speak with, not Trust and Safety, as this "Alex H." is assigned to handle the case and he is in the "high claims department" according to the 2 people I spoke with tonight.
OK, good luck!

I been thru this a few times and got my money back - though nowhere near the amount here.

One time a buyer said an ipod I sold him was defective. eb told him to return the ipod. I received a box and there was a piece of paper inside that said `ipod`.
Old 02-25-2013

Good luck i hope you win this...karma will catch up to these ****bags
Old 02-26-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoneout View Post
OK, good luck!

I been thru this a few times and got my money back - though nowhere near the amount here.

One time a buyer said an ipod I sold him was defective. eb told him to return the ipod. I received a box and there was a piece of paper inside that said `ipod`.
Wow are you freaking kidding...how did you win that case?
Old 02-26-2013

It basically came down to the weight difference of the packages I think. And I prolly I lucked out with an empathetic rep that day. It`s typically luck of the draw as always with eb.

The really bad part is these types of scammers almost always leave bad fb and low DSR for `As Described` in order to try and bolster their case. And of course ebay being ebay will sometimes remove these fbs but mostly they wont. And unlike the other DSR threshholds which are 2%, the As Described limit is 1%. So all it takes is a couple these type scammers during the year to torpedo any account.
Old 02-26-2013
Threadstarter  

Yea, I have been lucky to get no 1 or 2's in DSR except for one bitch who left a 1 in shipping charge. I had to even pay out of pocket for shipping since I UNDERCHARGED yet I got a 1 for shipping. So then I just started doing free shipping after that. Now this asshole comes along, opens a case before I can even talk to him and escalates it....even though I put in the case that he was so quick to open a case and blah blah, they still sided with him. Now this issue with him not returning the item.

TRS is in jeopardy now since i fall into the 3 cases opened within 12 months. Now there's 2 cases without seller resolution thanks to him as well. So wtf...I am about ready to move on to another account and start from scratch. Losing my TRS and PS status is going to be heart wrenching. I made it to Gold Power Seller and Top Rated in less than 5 months. That is no easy feat by any means.
Old 02-26-2013

Longevity: 93%

I had a similar thing last year, empty box returned after SNAD case. Appeal it with a Police report and you should get your money back. I did and the Police report was all in Thai Script and I'm sure T&S can't read hand written Thai!! Money returned in 40 minutes after I up loaded the report.

Good Luck.
Old 02-26-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage View Post
I had a similar thing last year, empty box returned after SNAD case. Appeal it with a Police report and you should get your money back. I did and the Police report was all in Thai Script and I'm sure T&S can't read hand written Thai!! Money returned in 40 minutes after I up loaded the report.

Good Luck.
Was this uploaded to paypal or to ebay? Because the case was opened with ebay by the buyer and as far as I know, there is no upload option on ebay.