Paypal does not recognize my computer - Page 7 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 10-17-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default Re: Paypal does not recognize my computer

So the nice PP rep fixed my locked up withdraw issue the other day, however, on a subsequent withdraw this morning I was again asked to receive a phone call to verify my account. This brings be back to thinking that it is my IP address changing all the time that is the root of what is causing this. I called ATT and I can indeed get a Static IP for my Mifi wireless modem. It will only cost me $3/mo extra. Question, are there any downsides to getting a Static IP? I only access this one PP account using this wireless device. I access my other account using my home ISP connection (which is static too). Both the Static IP's would of course be different.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-17-2014

Longevity: 62%

For me, it's not related to IP or cookies, because I have used the same IP and cookies on every step.
CC & Bank verified.

Here's the funny thing. Made a w/d a couple weeks ago no issues. Fast forward to today and I'm getting the phone verify thing. Followed by the error "your name does not match the phone" or whatever it is. I'm using a burner with all the info matching, but it's a burner.

Fairly new account, just shy of a month, but like I said before, I w/d a couple weeks ago no issues, about the same size of w/d
Old 10-17-2014

Longevity: 59%

wow thanks for updating guys. I really am convinced then now this is related to the ISP IP setup.

I have a whole nother account, on a totally different ISP company and it has been working fine.

FOR THE RECORD. the account I am using that has issues is setup via ATT u verse.

could it be related to ATT?
Old 10-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepongoing View Post
wow thanks for updating guys. I really am convinced then now this is related to the ISP IP setup.

I have a whole nother account, on a totally different ISP company and it has been working fine.

FOR THE RECORD. the account I am using that has issues is setup via ATT u verse.

could it be related to ATT?
Ah, My Mifi is ATT. What about anyone else with the issue?

I am thinking about switching to Static IP for my Mifi. I can't think of a reason why I shouldn't.

Last edited by Tag123; 10-17-2014 at 04:07 PM.
Old 10-17-2014

Longevity: 66%

I'm pretty certain that it has nothing to do with the ISP. Possibly with change of IP address but most likely paypal added some security measure this past two weeks.
Old 10-17-2014

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by isellmore59 View Post
I tried to transfer money from paypal to bank and paypal says they don't recognize my computer and need to callme(automated call) and ask some info
about my account.All iv done is go from windows 7 to windows 8.1.
Didn't have any problem with ebay.Do I change the phone number on paypal to one I use( have a no name gov phone I can use.?Please help.Thanks.
Try Firefox or IE explorer
Old 10-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy806 View Post
I'm pretty certain that it has nothing to do with the ISP. Possibly with change of IP address but most likely paypal added some security measure this past two weeks.
I emailed PP and the rep looked at my account and said it was verified. He said that when I do a withdraw PP the security is trying to verify that it is actually me doing the withdraw. This prompts a phone call. What he didn't say is WHY it is being prompted to do so. Again, I suspect that it is the change in my IP address that always happens. I think I am going to go with the static IP and see if this makes a difference. No doubt, PP implemented something new that is causing this.
Old 10-17-2014
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 83%

I emailed them 2 times and all I get is self help reply and today they sent me a survey.I really told them what I think.Maybe it will help.Hope so.
Old 10-17-2014

Longevity: 68%

Email doesn't work for most people anymore. They want you to call in. Kinda stupid waiting on the phone for long times. I'm getting this we can't recognize your device with phone number and text even after it's added on my account with a mobile company and still get it's not in your name. This is for sure a database they check and it's stupid because people change their numbers everytime for all kinds of reasons or didn't pay the number in time and get a different number. I called and rep told me it should go away in a few hours and to not make multiple attempts at payment when it's not working because paypal security system is sensitive and might restrict my account automatically the system. The rep tried to do a manual override and said it might work or might not, but to try later. Must be for holidays. If this continues year after year this means they must be losing millions of dollars due to bad people and they are trying to cut down their losses, but this will also give them losses of putting strict security system in. Until they see the losses they won't change anything. Pity on paypal security system. Also you used to get the security questions, credit card number, and bank account number verification, but not anymore.
Old 10-19-2014

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by isellmore59 View Post
I emailed them 2 times and all I get is self help reply and today they sent me a survey.I really told them what I think.Maybe it will help.Hope so.
Did you have any results?
Old 10-20-2014
Banned

Longevity: 69%
Send a message via Skype™ to pr0wake

I emailed from two more accounts with troubles. I plan on calling but I'm trying to figure out a solid way around this.

before, setting my phone as a "work" number allowed me to get gv calls... but it no longer does.

ill update everyone asap
Old 10-20-2014
Banned

Longevity: 69%
Send a message via Skype™ to pr0wake

on both accounts that had the issue, sending the email fixed it once again, no further action needed.

so when you get the prompt to call or email, click on email, then choose the correct category. Im not exactly sure of the main category, but the subcategory is definitely "withdrawing"

ask them to fix and they will

the rest of my accounts have been fine. good luck everyone!
Old 10-20-2014

right on!! +1 with what was said above by prowakeskater.

I emailed paypal like literally 5 times and they never responded back just logged in and boom fixed perfectly. thanks for all the help on this forum I did not have to call in.

thanks guys!!!
Old 10-20-2014

I think it was a bug with PP's verification SW. I emailed and got a response that it was fixed but the next time I had to withdraw I had to get a call to verify again. This was two days ago. Just today I did another withdraw and no verification needed. Hopefully on the next withdraw (in a couple of days) it will go smoothly again.
Old 10-21-2014

keep us posted on that tag, I think it may have been one heck of a long and annoying bug!
Old 10-21-2014

if any others are still having problems with this please post here as well
Old 10-21-2014

Longevity: 55%

I've been able to withdraw finally yesterday and today. Sent an email several days ago but never received a response.

Who knows...
Old 10-21-2014

Quote:
right on!! +1 with what was said above by prowakeskater.

I emailed paypal like literally 5 times and they never responded back just logged in and boom fixed perfectly. thanks for all the help on this forum I did not have to call in.

thanks guys!!!
Called in, they asked what type of phones I was using (i have 2 on the acct) I said cell phones, they said you have to call your cell phone company and allow paypal to call with the verification code, that my cellphone company has them blocked or something to that effect

pretty sure that makes no damn sense at all. in the meantime they manually processed my bank transfer
Old 10-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead View Post
Called in, they asked what type of phones I was using (i have 2 on the acct) I said cell phones, they said you have to call your cell phone company and allow paypal to call with the verification code, that my cellphone company has them blocked or something to that effect

pretty sure that makes no damn sense at all. in the meantime they manually processed my bank transfer
are u still having a issue withdrawing???
Old 10-21-2014

Quote:
are u still having a issue withdrawing???
waiting to try again dont want to get flagged

but i called them yesterday for same reason, waited til this morning to try transfer to BA, and got same phone verify security crap again 6th day in a row

all this after 2 weeks ago when i w/d no issues no security check

Last edited by blockhead; 10-21-2014 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-22-2014

had to call again, because they didn't put through my w/d from 24 hours ago like they said they would over the phone

the person i got today lifted the sec check off my acct

depends on the CS rep you get i suppose
Old 10-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead View Post
had to call again, because they didn't put through my w/d from 24 hours ago like they said they would over the phone

the person i got today lifted the sec check off my acct

depends on the CS rep you get i suppose
Nice for you!!! Yes, it most definitely depends upon who you talk to. Same goes for a lot of customer service reps for different businesses. If you get someone who is having a good day, they are more likely to help you out.