buyers are liars - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 01-09-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%

i always assume buyers are going to try it on, and when they do im willing to play scam the seller.
as long as i have covered all my bases
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-26-2013

Longevity: 68%

Im dealing with one at the moment, its a good story:

Buyer selects buy it now after trying to beat me down on price (buy it now or best offer), I offer to do it cheaper with a direct paypal payment, but he pays full amount which was strange at the time but makes sense now as he clearly had an motive behind the purchase,

8 hours later (early hours of the morning) buyer emails to ask if item has been sent

Item arrives Two days ago and he states what he has received is two of the wrong items and all four items fitted to the primary item are useless (t-y-r-e-s). Plus there are no centres (auction stated centres not included twice, including in the item condition section).

I explained he got exactly what was described in the listing, he clearly hadnt read the listing in full nor the item condition description as he was expecting 4 new items for one usage, when it was clearly described that what was being sold was two used items for one usage and two for another, plus no caps

Then buyer sends a message saying, items are useless as they are out of date, unsafe for the road and he wouldnt use them. Demands a return for full asking price refund and says if I dont agree will have to leave 'honest' feedback and open a case.

I reply stating items do not have an expiry date, and they are roadworthy, that they would pass an MOT and that the police could not even deem them illegal on the basis of age as they have no expiry date.

Buyer comes back and states that he accepts that they would pass a UK MOT, but they are still unsafe and unroadworthy (seriously!...) and unless I send him the centre caps that werent included in the auction, he would leave 'honest' feedback and open a case.

I then do a live chat with ebay, who tell me that they can clearly see that the centre caps were stated as not included (even though they were in one of the pictures - does that mean he also wants the porsche they were fitted to that was also in the pictures?) and not to worry about him opening a case - I dont have to offer a refund...

I replied, I understand that I dont have to offer a refund, but ebay may refund him regardless of what I say and even though my item says no returns accepted.

Conceeding I tell the buyer I will send him centre caps but the condition of that is that he leaves positive feedback in advance because he has to admit that I am going above and beyond and that in reality there is nothing wrong with what I originally sent him.

Buyer tells me to stick my centre caps, and says he will simply open a case.

Buyer then states the items are now 'cut' and therefore illegal and he will accept £100 refund now, not to open a case.

I state that all of these items were clearly photographed with a digital DSR before listing, in the listing and before dispatch the measurements and condition were photographed again with a digital depth gauge. I therefore want proof of said 'cuts'

Buyer sends pictures showing tyre wear to the tread area (these are used tyres btw) commenserate with usage and as described and he measured the tread depth of two of the other tyres showing clearly they are within legal limits in the UK and just as I described them.

I was very clear that before listing all tread depths were clearly listed so as there would be no confusion.

I reply that he has confirmed what I have been saying all along and that I will not be refunding partially or otherwise.

Buyer then leaves negative feedback and opens a SNAD stating the items were not in the condition he was expecting and are illegal/not safe for use. Wants the full amount back as a 'partial refund'

Later last night after several messages in either direction, I notice the buyer added the following information to the case when opening:

'item was not in the box'

This surely means he opened the SNAD case on the basis that I sent him an empty box - even though he sent pictures of the items received through the ebay messaging system!!!

I done another live chat and the operator stating she could see where he had said this and told me she would have to escalate to the resolution team blah blah 48 hours etc.

The only funny thing here is this guy is a MONK! (I wont state his religious ordination as it is not important) but really, you talk about someone flying in the face of their beliefs for financial gain!

Looking back through his feedback it is clear to see he has tried it on before, with at least 8 negatives to sellers in the last 7 months - he left negative for one seller and the sellers follow up stated:

"original item sent and replacement item sent and both not received - refunded in full"

and yet he still left the seller a negative...what does that tell you about him.
Old 02-13-2013
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 84%

id go collect them

and offer to refund him personally

when i visited my brother at the weekend in the town he lives in

works a treat

oh if hes a benedictine monk in devon then bring me some buckfast on your way

thank you please
Old 02-13-2013
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 84%

just had a neg from a guy bought item 31st jan

signed for it on the 6th feb

he chose econonmy slow crap delivery

estimated 5 to 7 working days in the listing

he emailed me a few days after buying asking where it is

i said its on its way sir, you did choose economy second class postage

left a neg item late was made to feel its my fault for choosing economy shipping

BERK !!