A-Z claim issue - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 05-02-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
Default A-Z claim issue

I've had an A-Z claim from a customer trying it on for a fairly large amount. I shipped the item next working day via RM Special Delivery but accidentally put the account in my suspended file so didn't log back into it for around three weeks when I do my weekly check up on suspended accounts (I'd been away on Holiday so hadn't checked them for a while).

I had no communication from the seller apart from the next day asking for the tracking number so I assumed everything was OK and marked it as dispatched. The customer then quickly emails me questing why have they just been charged for the item (I wasn't aware of this but do Amazon only charge the customer once the item has been marked as dispatched??). They went on to say that after a week of the item not being dispatched they contacted Amazon to cancel the purchase, which I know is complete BS.

They went on to open an A-Z claim. I got the usual email asking for proof of delivery, the customers signature etc... I responded but they sent the same email a further two times (both responded to with the exact same reply) until the claim was settled in my favour. A few days later the case way reopened again with the same email being sent a further two times and the case is now pending!

Got a horrible feeling it's going to be closed in the buyers favour this time, a long wait from an Amazon decision is never a good sign. Anyone got any tips?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-02-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 54%
Default Re: A-Z claim issue

Read out your first paragraph again not sure what you trying to explain
Amazon follow strict guideline for a to z claims and many tricks available to win the case
Old 05-03-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
Read out your first paragraph again not sure what you trying to explain
Amazon follow strict guideline for a to z claims and many tricks available to win the case
Essentially I had a sale and shipped it the next day but the account was put into my pile of suspended accounts so it didn't get marked as dispatched on Amazon until around three weeks later.

Also been hit with a chargeback claim this morning which has taken away any hope I had of getting this money.
Old 05-03-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWall View Post
Essentially I had a sale and shipped it the next day but the account was put into my pile of suspended accounts so it didn't get marked as dispatched on Amazon until around three weeks later.

Also been hit with a chargeback claim this morning which has taken away any hope I had of getting this money.
Well shipping or Mark as dispatch later then specified date is against Amazon terms seems you were lucky to win the case it should be straight declined

Many user claimed customer received item On time but it was shipped late Amazon still issue refund
Old 05-04-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Well shipping or Mark as dispatch later then specified date is against Amazon terms seems you were lucky to win the case it should be straight declined

Many user claimed customer received item On time but it was shipped late Amazon still issue refund
I've provided proof of shipping receipt and the tracking also shows it was shipped & delivered on time, the only thing that was late was me hitting the dispatched button on Amazon.

Amazon have cancelled the A-Z claim due to the charge back claim so hopefully this will be easier to defend now.
Old 05-04-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I've provided proof of shipping receipt and the tracking also shows it was shipped & delivered on time, the only thing that was late was me hitting the dispatched button on Amazon.

Amazon have cancelled the A-Z claim due to the charge back claim so hopefully this will be easier to defend now.
Chargeback can be 2 types not received or not as described
Amazon PayPal don't like seller who get lot of chargeback
Old 05-04-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Chargeback can be 2 types not received or not as described
Amazon PayPal don't like seller who get lot of chargeback
They've filed a not as described claim which conflicts what he's told Amazon so hopefully they will defend this for me.
Old 05-04-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

Yes but a chargeback and AZ claim has nothing to do with each other. One is through the bank and one through amazon. And his bank will always defend him.

Why not try to contact the buyer, explain the situation and offer a solution at this point?
Old 05-04-2018
Executive [VIP]

Under chargeback terms customer has right to get money back for item not as described

Moat cases PayPal and AZ don't take responsibility since they have to return the money to buyer's bank
Old 05-04-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Yes but a chargeback and AZ claim has nothing to do with each other. One is through the bank and one through amazon. And his bank will always defend him.

Why not try to contact the buyer, explain the situation and offer a solution at this point?
I know the difference, but when they have already had their original A-Z declined so they try a completely different excuse for the chargeback then this should raise flags.
Old 05-04-2018
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 39%

contact buyer to fix problem
Old 05-06-2018

If you are hit with a chargeback claim, I can guarantee you that bank will refund the money for this transaction to the buyer. As you may know, amazon NEVER lose money so easy, so they will take it from your balance.
Old 05-09-2018
Threadstarter  

Update on this. The account was suspended on the 4th of May because of the chargeback claim. I responded to it immediately giving the usual arse licking response they ask for. Was told there would be a response within 24 hours but that never came and now I'm locked out of the account completely!

Take it this account is now long lost?
Old 05-09-2018
Executive [VIP]

That's normal
Old 05-09-2018

Longevity: 39%

Quote:
I've had an A-Z claim from a customer trying it on for a fairly large amount. I shipped the item next working day via RM Special Delivery but accidentally put the account in my suspended file so didn't log back into it for around three weeks when I do my weekly check up on suspended accounts (I'd been away on Holiday so hadn't checked them for a while).

I had no communication from the seller apart from the next day asking for the tracking number so I assumed everything was OK and marked it as dispatched. The customer then quickly emails me questing why have they just been charged for the item (I wasn't aware of this but do Amazon only charge the customer once the item has been marked as dispatched??). They went on to say that after a week of the item not being dispatched they contacted Amazon to cancel the purchase, which I know is complete BS.

They went on to open an A-Z claim. I got the usual email asking for proof of delivery, the customers signature etc... I responded but they sent the same email a further two times (both responded to with the exact same reply) until the claim was settled in my favour. A few days later the case way reopened again with the same email being sent a further two times and the case is now pending!

Got a horrible feeling it's going to be closed in the buyers favour this time, a long wait from an Amazon decision is never a good sign. Anyone got any tips?
Did you reply to them by email or by login to seller central?
Old 05-10-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobaogio7 View Post
Did you reply to them by email or by login to seller central?
Through seller central then chase it up with support a few days later
Old 06-04-2018

Longevity: 35%

How do you make money selling on Amazon and dealing with this stuff?
Old 06-05-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader2dark View Post
How do you make money selling on Amazon and dealing with this stuff?
I often think this myself when things like this happens. The good usually outweighs the bad, it's just that you only ever hear of issues on the forums.
Old 06-06-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

most of the time buyers are ok on amazon, but there are those who are balatantly like this.